Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! Empty
PostSubject: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 3:57 pm

Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! 152?cb=20150102050215&path-prefix=en&format=webp

Before I begin, if there is some kind of hidden rule I've never heard about that you can't make two threads in a day, please tell me; I simply got the idea while creating my Karate Joe thread.

DEBUT: Swapnote (2011)
LATEST APPEARANCE: Mario Maker (2015)

Nikki was the mascot of the once-famed Swapnote, on the Nintendo 3DS. Notice the past-tense! Sadly, Swapnote was shut down after various inappropriate events...but Nikki didn't go down with it. Nikki rose to fame in both the Western region and Japan, where she still is talked about today. She's even appearing as a playable character (well, a skin) in Mario Maker! You can't say that for a ton of other characters.

But I realize how much of a bizarre suggestion this is. She's just a cute little lady who likes to send notes, after all. But you have to remember that Smash Bros most definitely is no stranger to characters like her. Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt, who's in Crusade, Pichu, who's also in Crusade, R.O.B, who's ALSO IN CRUSADE! All of these characters are just as odd and wacky as her.

All these characters even have full movesets. Nikki may not be a fighter, but so are tons of Smash Bros characters. But now, let's move onto the arguments section.

Also, a little idea I had is that her cat buddy and panda buddy (seen at the end of this presentation) can follow her around in battle. They don't really help, but they motivate you.

Why Should Nikki Even Be In?!
Everyone loves a surprise character! But, really; Nikki is slowly gaining more and more fame, and is being treated as a little mascot of sorts by Nintendo. She's even appearing in Mario Maker. Swapnote was very popular in it's time and, despite being removed, is still remembered today. Nikki even appears as one of Miiverse's mascots! Overall, Nikki is gaining more fame as time goes on, and she even has her own, Japan exclusive, game.

But She's Not Iconic!
You're right, not yet she isn't. But neither is Ristar, Mach Rider, Krystal, or Saki. What's wrong with another one to those leagues?

What Could She Even Do? What's Her Playstyle?
Glad you asked! Nikki is a projectile-based character who isn't very good close-quarters. However, her special attacks have great range and she's pretty good in the air. She's light and very nimble, so you can get around the stage as needed. However, her weakness is her lightness and how she's not very good up-close, so a character like Bowser may be good against her as he can sustain tons of damage.
She also utilizes a pencil and a letter to represent her Swapnote roots. Another thing is that her attacks tend to go forward, and a long distance.

What About Her Moveset?
Yes, let's get onto that!

Nikki's Opening Animation
Nikki flies in on a letter and jumps off, alongside her cat and panda, and draws a little picture while doing so. The cat and panda then run off (or stay, depending on if the devs consider my buddy idea) and Nikki gets ready to fight.

Nikki's Neutral Moves

Neutral Attack: Pokes out a rather big pencil, forward.

Jab: Pokes the pencil forward, then swings it up, then down.

Side Tilt: Gets out a large letter and slaps it from side to side in front of her.

Up Tilt: Gets out another letter, that has wings, and gently tosses it upward. Can juggle opponents in the air.

Down Tilt: Swipes forward her pencil, dragging it on the ground.

Getting-Up Attack: Clumsily gets back up, swinging a letter.

Nikki's Special Moves

Neutral Special: Nikki draws a picture of a smiley face. Depending on how long you hold the neutral button, it gets bigger and bigger, and at the end, Nikki smiles and finishes drawing, and the face darts forward at various speeds and does more damage the more you charged it.

Side Special: Neko-Kun (her cat friend) appears, and Nikki grabs onto their tail as they dash forward. Does light damage if it hits anyone, and at the end of the move, Nikki lets go of Neko-Kun, who dissapears. You also can tap the side special button while you're holding onto Neko-Kun to let him go, and he will dart forward, still doing damage, much like Villager's Side Special.

Up Special: Nikki jumps onto a floating letter and soars upward, while swinging her pencil for damage. Can slightly juggle opponents. Great for recovering.

Down Special: Paints a picture of various random things, then that thing comes off the paper, and Nikki sends it forward, and it deals damage to whoever it bumps into. This is like Bowser Jr's Down Special, except it doesn't explode.

Aerials, Grabs, and Miscellaneous Things Are WIP!

End Note
And that's another thread before I watch an MGS1 playthrough! Hope you enjoyed, again. Please make sure to leave some feedback.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 5:16 pm

You're not AEM.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 5:28 pm

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
You're not AEM.
Huh?
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 11:12 pm

Honestly, I think Maxwell from Scribblenauts would be a better pencil and notebook candidate.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 1:40 am

Lego Shaq wrote:
GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
You're not AEM.
Huh?
AEM would be the prime suspect for a Nikki thread.
You are not AEM.

THE STARS ARE NOT ALIGNED.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 2:37 am

The stars already were not aligned when someone who wasn't me made a Reimu and a Lip thread, so calm down.
Anyway, not sure if I should support Nikki. After all, Swapnote did had those inappropriate events, and I feel that those events pretty much overshadow everything else Swapnote has (Swapnote was originally supossed to get a stage in Super Smash Bros for Wii U).
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 2:42 am

I like this suggestion a lot. Very unexpected. I was actually planning to suggest Vince from Art Academy to do a similar play style. Now I will have to decide if I want to go with my suggestion of Vince or this character.

As for Maxwell if we were to get a Warner Bros Interactive character I would prefer Scorpion of Mortal Kombat
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 3:20 am

this thread is garbage because i didnt make it
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 3:31 am

If you think you can do better, then do it! *challenges AEM*
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 3:44 am

Heh, give me some time and we'll see what I can come up with.

Nikki's at home with letters. But in her own Club Nintendo title she takes on a profession as being a reporter / quiz show host. The only game she cameos in officially is Super Mario Maker, but there really isn't anything worthwhile to take from there. In a JP Nintendo News Page based on amiibo in Smash Brothers, she's officially shown as a Gunner doing an F-Smash in her usual art style. Maybe take Gunner's F-Smash and give it to Nikki?

I suppose you could incorporate her Cat and Panda pals but Nikki is probably comparable to Phoenix Wright in the sense is that she is most definitely not a fighter. She'd probably be doing other things that hurt the opponent unintentionally (Probably like taking out a Microphone to question an opponent for her jab or something). This is a major reason as to why I don't necessarily see a need for her to be in Smash, well that and Mii Fighters are a thing I use to play as her so it's not a conscience thing for me to daydream about unlike say, Dillon (Also her like primary app is kind of dead).

It's almost four in the morning for me, and I'm pretty beat. I definitely will brainstorm a bit tomorrow if I find the time. I already have some ideas coming to mind that's probably gonna keep me up for an hour while I try to sleep lol.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 5:37 am

AEM wrote:
Also her like primary app is kind of dead.
It's not "kind of" dead. It's literally dead.
Back to top Go down
Forest Bug Productions
Level 3 CPU
Forest Bug Productions

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 6:13 am

Great, now I can't make a Maxwell thread. THANKS.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 9:35 am

Final Smash: r34
Back to top Go down
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 10:03 am

support
This moveset is pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Nohrian Sadist

Nohrian Sadist

cheezetime

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 10:34 am

Wait that isn't Kuriyama Mirai? Oh, Mirai jacket is pink.
Support.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 10:55 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
The stars already were not aligned when someone who wasn't me made a Reimu and a Lip thread, so calm down.
Am I supposed to care? I hardly know you.

AEM on the other hand....we go back.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 10:58 am

Christ, I got up and what the hell did I cause?

AEM wrote:
Heh, give me some time and we'll see what I can come up with.

Nikki's at home with letters. But in her own Club Nintendo title she takes on a profession as being a reporter / quiz show host. The only game she cameos in officially is Super Mario Maker, but there really isn't anything worthwhile to take from there. In a JP Nintendo News Page based on amiibo in Smash Brothers, she's officially shown as a Gunner doing an F-Smash in her usual art style. Maybe take Gunner's F-Smash and give it to Nikki?

I suppose you could incorporate her Cat and Panda pals but Nikki is probably comparable to Phoenix Wright in the sense is that she is most definitely not a fighter. She'd probably be doing other things that hurt the opponent unintentionally (Probably like taking out a Microphone to question an opponent for her jab or something). This is a major reason as to why I don't necessarily see a need for her to be in Smash, well that and Mii Fighters are a thing I use to play as her so it's not a conscience thing for me to daydream about unlike say, Dillon (Also her like primary app is kind of dead).

It's almost four in the morning for me, and I'm pretty beat. I definitely will brainstorm a bit tomorrow if I find the time. I already have some ideas coming to mind that's probably gonna keep me up for an hour while I try to sleep lol.
But this isn't Smash; this is Crusade, a game trying to be it's own game.
Duck Hunt Dog isn't a fighter, but we made him that. He's just a dog.
I wanted to implement more of the Quiz game attacks and I will be doing so, but I couldn't figure out ways to implement it. I'll keep that jab idea in mind.

..But yowch, garbage? Sad (i know you were joking)

Forest Bug Productions wrote:
Great, now I can't make a Maxwell thread. THANKS.
Welcome! (if you ever do, i'd support it)

Smash King wrote:
I like this suggestion a lot. Very unexpected. I was actually planning to suggest Vince from Art Academy to do a similar play style. Now I will have to decide if I want to go with my suggestion of Vince or this character.

As for Maxwell if we were to get a Warner Bros Interactive character I would prefer Scorpion of Mortal Kombat
Thanks King! We could have both, couldn't we? I mean, Vince is a painter and Nikki is a television host, a writer, all that...Vince would focus on painting, and Nikki focuses on tons of items.
So, you really could support both. It's not like it's a bad thing to have more well-known first party reps.

TrinitroMan wrote:
Anyway, not sure if I should support Nikki. After all, Swapnote did had those inappropriate events, and I feel that those events pretty much overshadow everything else Swapnote has (Swapnote was originally supossed to get a stage in Super Smash Bros for Wii U).
Yes, you have a good point, but a lot of people who used Swapnote remember it only fondly. It's not their fault the unfortunate events occured.
And Nikki is a character of her own now. She represents..Nikki.

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
You're not AEM.
Huh?
AEM would be the prime suspect for a Nikki thread.
You are not AEM.

THE STARS ARE NOT ALIGNED.
Oh, I was a bit confused. (also...you know me, golden. it's luigi the pres from smashboards!)

TaXMaN wrote:
Honestly, I think Maxwell from Scribblenauts would be a better pencil and notebook candidate.
Nikki is not a pencil and notebook character. She doesn't utilize a notebook, and the pencil is used in different ways then Maxwell would likely use it.

Shiruza wrote:
Final Smash: r34
eck

Leafyon and Adrian, thank you for your support!
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 1:35 pm

I guess I need to rework my old Maxwell thread an actually put effort into it. I put literally zero effort into it, not even a moveset...

As for Nikki, I'm not really seeing the uniqueness in the moveset yet. She might be the most significant Mii, but I'm not sure that's enough to support.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 1:41 pm

Roy wrote:
I guess I need to rework my old Maxwell thread an actually put effort into it. I put literally zero effort into it, not even a moveset...

As for Nikki, I'm not really seeing the uniqueness in the moveset yet. She might be the most significant Mii, but I'm not sure that's enough to support.
How could I improve it? I would like to make it more unique, I really would, but if I want to do that I need feedback.
Back to top Go down
eris27100
Level 3 CPU
eris27100

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 4:20 pm

I support
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 4:38 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
How could I improve it? I would like to make it more unique, I really would, but if I want to do that I need feedback.
I feel like the problem is she is basically using the pencil as a sword rather than a drawing tool.

Another thought is that her letters could act like DHD's ducks - in that the letter starts to fly away after, except sideways rather than upwards. Basically symbolizing the letter travelling to its destination.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 6:24 pm

Roy wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
I feel like the problem is she is basically using the pencil as a sword rather than a drawing tool.

Another thought is that her letters could act like DHD's ducks - in that the letter starts to fly away after, except sideways rather than upwards. Basically symbolizing the letter travelling to its destination.
But how am I to implement drawing into the moveset with a pencil? I need ideas for that.

Thanks for the thought.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 7:07 pm

Might be a gimmicky idea... but what if her attacks and movements leave a temporary pencil trail that deals slight damage (no knockback) to any opponent who touches it? So she can basically turn the stage into a drawing board and help prevent enemies from getting too close.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 1:44 pm

Roy wrote:
Might be a gimmicky idea... but what if her attacks and movements leave a temporary pencil trail that deals slight damage (no knockback) to any opponent who touches it? So she can basically turn the stage into a drawing board and help prevent enemies from getting too close.
That's a good idea, but very gimmicky. Maybe SOME of her attacks do it. I'll look into adding that feature.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 5:48 pm

Support!
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 10:28 am

You know I don't know what wip means... but I don't see Smashes, Aerials, Grabs, or a Final Smash, so...

AEM wrote:

Nikki: Yes hello, umm, Bowser. I saw you trying to literally make me explode, what do you have to say about that?
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 1:14 pm

DestinyIntwined wrote:
You know I don't know what wip means... but I don't see Smashes, Aerials, Grabs, or a Final Smash, so...

AEM wrote:

Nikki: Yes hello, umm, Bowser. I saw you trying to literally make me explode, what do you have to say about that?
Work in Progress. This hasn't been on my mind lately.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 2:18 pm

ah okay
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 3:57 pm

y'know what, I'll support

I pretty much have too now that I realized that I wanted to cry after missing one of her badges in the Badge Arcade

I'm still crying
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 9:20 pm

Support for Nikki!
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!   Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves! Empty

Back to top Go down

Nikki (Swapnote) Discussion: Draw Out Some Moves!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next