Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid! - Page 2 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid!   Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 2:56 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
That's really it right now. Would it really be pushing it to add 2 Yoshi reps? I mean, we don't have to add Poochy with Kamek, we can add Poochy as like, DLC.

Of course Kamek should get in before Poochy, but if one counts the Baby Bros as Mario reps, Kamek and Poochy are the most important Yoshi characters that could be in.
See, this is a conditional support even from yourself - you don't want Poochy unless Kamek gets in first, and so far there isn't really any support for Kamek.

2 more Yoshi reps may not be that much, but I'm not sure Poochy is significant enough to warrant adding a third rep. This wouldn't be about adding in Poochy over other Yoshi reps (you've already shown that Poochy is the next best choice if Baby Bros are considered a Mario character), this would be about adding Poochy over a character from another franchise. Yoshi doesn't NEED more than 2 reps. Further down the line, Poochy may be competing over a spot with characters like Alph, Isabelle, Zoroark, Ninten, etc.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid!   Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 4:37 pm

Roy wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
That's really it right now. Would it really be pushing it to add 2 Yoshi reps? I mean, we don't have to add Poochy with Kamek, we can add Poochy as like, DLC.

Of course Kamek should get in before Poochy, but if one counts the Baby Bros as Mario reps, Kamek and Poochy are the most important Yoshi characters that could be in.
See, this is a conditional support even from yourself - you don't want Poochy unless Kamek gets in first, and so far there isn't really any support for Kamek.

2 more Yoshi reps may not be that much, but I'm not sure Poochy is significant enough to warrant adding a third rep. This wouldn't be about adding in Poochy over other Yoshi reps (you've already shown that Poochy is the next best choice if Baby Bros are considered a Mario character), this would be about adding Poochy over a character from another franchise. Yoshi doesn't NEED more than 2 reps. Further down the line, Poochy may be competing over a spot with characters like Alph, Isabelle, Zoroark, Ninten, etc.
I do want Poochy in before Kamek, very much, but I have to look at the facts. It's likely he won't get in before Kamek seeing as I am one of his only 2 supporters.

You have a good point, a very good one, which is why I included the "seperate update" thing. Once we get down to business, add at least 3 more Fire Emblem characters, 2 DK characters and all that, then we could come back to Yoshi and add Poochy. It's simple.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid!   Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 4:50 pm

Fair enough. Nothing else worth arguing here, really... Most people would support Kamek over Poochy, but way down the line, after everything else is covered... Poochy isn't a bad choice.

Of course, at that point, I'd be vocal about my top picks such as Layton and Jak... but that's not important here.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid!   Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 5:25 pm

Roy wrote:
Fair enough. Nothing else worth arguing here, really... Most people would support Kamek over Poochy, but way down the line, after everything else is covered... Poochy isn't a bad choice.

Of course, at that point, I'd be vocal about my top picks such as Layton and Jak... but that's not important here.

Thank you. I hope you can see my dedication to a dog from Yoshi.

So..would you consider supporting him? After all is said and done?
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid!   Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 5:43 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
In that case, perhaps. But it is a long ways away.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid!   Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 5:48 pm

Roy wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
In that case, perhaps. But it is a long ways away.

Eh, I'll keep trying..I'll never let this thread die!

On another note, if you guys didn't see, I updated the OP with some new moves.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid!   Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 10:43 pm

@LegoShaq

Why does a fangame need DLC?
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid!   Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 12:06 am

Braystar wrote:
@LegoShaq

Dustination wrote:
Braystar wrote:
Legitness: Gone. You put FREDDY in. No.

I don't think there's any way you could make me like you more

Never mind, found it
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid!   Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 1:45 am

Braystar=User of the Year

And Dustination, you didn't answer to my counter arguments to your Mario arguments, so I won. Kappa
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid!   Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 3:13 am

You ended your arguments with "We should talk about Poochy now."

I'd be happy to debate you further in the Kamek topic.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid!   Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 9:55 am

Braystar wrote:
@LegoShaq

Uhm, what? I'm very confused by this, I did not ever say that a fangame needs DLC?

EDIT: Oh, I understand what you mean. Thought you meant I said a fangame should get characters and stages and stuff.

It doesn't, I meant it hypothetically. I mean, once we get to the final version, we can still add more characters. Would it not technically be DLC to add characters after the final version?

Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid!   Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 10:04 am

Lego Shaq wrote:
Braystar wrote:
@LegoShaq

Uhm, what? I'm very confused by this, I did not ever say that a fangame needs DLC?

EDIT: Oh, I understand what you mean. Thought you meant I said a fangame should get characters and stages and stuff.

It doesn't, I meant it hypothetically. I mean, once we get to the final version, we can still add more characters. Would it not technically be DLC to add characters after the final version?

If "DLC" were to be added after the final release, that wouldn't make the final release the final release, now would it?
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid!   Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 10:06 am

TaXMaN wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
Braystar wrote:
@LegoShaq

If "DLC" were to be added after the final release, that wouldn't make the final release the final release, now would it?
You have a point. In that case, it'd just be lying to us (for the greater good!)

I retract my statement. However, I still would think we'll get some form of content after the "final release" in like 2 years
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid!   Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 9:56 pm

[quote="TrinitroMan"]Braystar=User of the Year [/quote]
Considering I've been here for less than a week in commenting, that must mean somthing (I bet the quote doesn't work again)
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid!   Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 9:16 am

Hey, guys, here's a thing I just thought about; Are Poochy's normal attacks too generic? I used all the cool stuff for his specials, so I went with goofy dog antics for his normal attacks..Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid!   Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 11:17 am

I don't think there's a problem with moves being too generic, as long as it enhances his playstyle. You said that he is a lightweight heavy hitter, so (most of) his moves should represent that. There's no problem with a few odd moves here and there so long as there is a good reason for the inclusion.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid!   Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 4:19 pm

Roy wrote:
I don't think there's a problem with moves being too generic, as long as it enhances his playstyle. You said that he is a lightweight heavy hitter, so (most of) his moves should represent that. There's no problem with a few odd moves here and there so long as there is a good reason for the inclusion.
Well I've definitely been trying for inclusion reasons as you can see
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid!   Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 4:10 pm

Poochy's back, boys!

My mom, with how elite she is at managing to snag me videogames, got me Woolly World. I have yet to beat it, though.

So now that Woolly World is out, I figured old Poochy could use a reboot. We've gotten a lot of new users since this was first posted, after all.

And if you're just going to say "POOCHY SHOULDN'T BE IN AS ANOTHER YOSHI REP!!!" I've heard it before, offer good criticism.

So while I think of ways to redo Poochy's moveset, help me out here; moveset ideas? Feedback?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid!   Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Poochy (Yoshi's Island) Discussion: Poochy Ain't Stupid!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2