Gex the Gecko(Gex) BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gex the Gecko(Gex)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Gex the Gecko(Gex) Empty
PostSubject: Gex the Gecko(Gex)   Gex the Gecko(Gex) EmptyMon May 18, 2015 9:27 pm

Gex the Gecko(Gex) Gex
Its Tail Time!
Character Bio
Gex and his family lived in Maui, Hawaii. His mother raised him and his three siblings while his father worked at NASA. One day, Gex's mother got a phone call saying that Gex's father and his co-workers had died in a rocket explosion. Rather than grieving, Gex bottled up his emotions, and sat in front of the TV.
Gex's mother decided that it was time for a change, she told the whole family that they were moving to California. Week after week of Gex watching TV, his mother decided to take action, and sell the TV. This infuriated Gex so much that he decided to leave his home, and never return. For the next few months Gex slept in his friend's garage, and made money by doing odd jobs.
One day, Gex's mother found him and had fantastic news. Gex and his family had inherited over twenty-billion dollars from his late Uncle Charlie. With the money, Gex bought a mansion back in Hawaii and the largest screen TV in the world.
As seen in the game's opening, Gex was watching his enormous TV one day, when a fly buzzed by his head. Gex flicked out his tongue and swallowed it. Unknown to Gex, the "fly" was actually a metallic transmitter. Suddenly, Gex's remote jammed and the TV went blank. A huge hand shot out of the screen and grabbed Gex by his neck, and pulled him into the Media Dimension. The cold claw belonged to Rez, the overlord of the Media Dimension, who had intended to make Gex his new mascot and conquer the world.
here is Rez
Gex the Gecko(Gex) Rez_from_gex2_psx_screenshot_by_trextrex65-d3ijktx
Why he deserves to be in the game
He was a funny character not i know i can be a better character the game by IGN its good rated i do not but for the ones who played i know may liked that eidos game
Character Bio
Gex and his family live in Maui, Hawaii. His mother raised him and his three younger siblings while their father worked for NASA. Gex's hobbies include spending time with his friends, surfing, playing the ukulele, and throwing poi parties. One day, Gex's mother gets a phone call from NASA, explaining that Gex's father and ten human volunteers died when their rocket exploded on the launch pad (according to the manual, the explosion was caused by a Band-Aid floating in one of the fuel tanks)[citation needed].

Soon, the gecko family's carefree life is shattered when Gex bottles up his emotions and takes refuge in front of the television to get over the tragedy, only to become obsessed. Three weeks later, he becomes an addict to TV. After several unsuccessful attempts to get Gex to stop watching TV and consulting with a minister and friends at work, Gex's mother decides it is time for a change. The gecko family moves to Encino, California, Gex's TV is taken away, and he flees from home. After several months of living on the streets, Gex inherits an enormous amount of money, and he moves back to Maui to live in a mansion, and buys the world's largest TV.

While watching TV one day, Gex swallows a passing fly, not knowing it is a sort of miniature transmitter. Moments later, a huge hand shoots out of the screen and grabs Gex by his neck, pulling the young gecko into his own TV. The cold claw belongs to Rez, the overlord of the Media Dimension, who intended to make Gex his new mascot and conquer the world.
Weight: Similar to Lucario and Mewtwo
Jump Gravity: Ness and Lucas jump weight
Size:Similar to Tails size a little bigger
it will be based now with the badana waddle post just i want to give credit
Movelist
Main Attack
Karate Slap:will be similar to luigi's dash but will be slaps and wont be fastly like luigi and is not punches is slaps just a simple slap to the enemy(damage 3% per hit)
From where this move come:Actually this my own custom move this just to be different from most main attacks but this move doesnt exists

Dash:Karate Kick: While running Gex jumps and kicks just a simple karate kick from Gex 2 and 3 in the game was that you crouch jump but here will be running(5 or 6 % per kick)
From where is this move: Is unknown actually it may come from the world Kung-Fu theater but its not completely that its a move that Gex does by jump while crouching when you was running

Aerial Up:"Controller sword":In the air Gex will attack with a controller like and sword it w ll work similar to Marth Aerial but with a tv controller but won't do a tumble like Marth (5% per hit)
From where is this move: I got based from the ninjas that appeared in the kung-fu theater the ninjas with swords level and the laser sword from the space channel level just to change for the typical sword i decide to be a tv controller

Aerial Right:similar to Yoshi in his final smash but in gex won't be that powerful just throws a little fire ball from his mouth based on the fire balls Gex eats in the first game to shoot to his enemies (4% per fire ball)
From where is this move: In Gex 1 was fireballs that Gex eat and throw fire balls at enemies in the 2 and 3 was flies of fire that you can eat and was limited fire time
Aerial Back:Tail Fist: Gex makes a fist on his tail and the fist punches in backward direction
, i actually was creative and invented this attack (% depends in the damage of the enemy i can be between 4 to 6 %)

Aerial Down:Feet push:He with his two feet push from the air the enemy and this throws the enemy to the ground just looks like pushing from the air but downwards and with his two feet

Tilt attacks
Down Tilt: Tail swing similar to Falco's down tilt but this will produce more damage because his tail is larger and powerful(between 5 or 6%)

Sides tilt:Head attack: Gex with his head will attack his enemy works in both sides will be similar to yoshi"s side smash but obviously not that powerful because its just a tilt (3% per hit)

Up tilt:Use my back: Gex with his back will hits his enemy will works like bowser"s up smash as i told with the side i won't be that powerful (just 4% per attack)

Smash Attacks

Upper Smash:Tail Whip: He uses his tail in whip way attack and will hit the enemy with the tail in and upward way (depends on the enemy damage but in a default way 10%)

Sides Smash:I am hungry of blood: Gex with vampire teeth will bite the enemy from both sides similar to Petey side smash but Gex will bite not attack with his teeth as Petey does (11% per bite)

Down Smash:Carrot Knife: He will stab with a carrot in down way looks similar as Sheik up smash but he will hold it with one hand and will be a little stronger (12% per stab)

Special attacks

Default Special
Pause button: He press pause button from his controller and will freeze his enemy for a limit time will consist the he press the button a ice laser will appear and freeze his opponent (freeze time depends on the enemy damage it will cause 6% of damage)

Side Smash:Power Button: He press the power button a shoots a laser from the controller similar to fox and falco default smash but in Gex in can be charged to make it powerful and it is noty continue laser shoots as fox and falco it is just a single shoot that can be charged (maximum damage 18% but it depends on the enemy damage)

Up smash:Tail spring: The normal jump Gex in his game after press in 2 two time jumping button his tail will bounce in the ground and raise Gex up actually if he is in the air or out of the map he spawns a little platform(just 4% if he bounce and enemy)

Grabbing
He grabs the enemy with his tongue like Yoshi and Gooey
Pummel: Punches rapidly with his tail fist will similar to the aerial back attack but faster and obviously while grabbing(1% per punch in the pummel)

Upper Throw:Head up: Throw his enemy upward and then hits with his head upward similar to yoshi's upper smash but obviously much weaker then yoshi because actually Gex head is very smaller head in comparison to Yoshi"s head and weaker because is a grabbing attack

Down Throw:Down Whip:Similar to the upper smash but in downward way but he will throw the enemy to the enemy to the ground and hit with his tails will look like mewtwo back aerial(3% damage)

Forward Throw:Teaser controller: Gex throws the enemy forward and electrifies him/her with his controller using it as a teaser i will produce a little electric charge (5% damage)

Back throw: Slap back: he throw the enemy backwards and with his hand slap backward like the default but the hand backward and it is in an grabbing so will be different(2% per slap back)

Final Smash Tv explosion: With his two feets he push the enemy in a tv and then shoot it with the laser shoot producing it the Tv to explode and fly away (while shooting he wills say its tail time and then he shoots

Entrance:A tv falls down a Gex teleport out of the Tv
Victory:He put sunglasses : crosses his arms a says "i know what you are thinking is tail time" this phrase comes from Gex 2 and 3
Lose:He vanish with tv static similar to when he teleports through a tv static teleport
Victory Jingle
https://youtu.be/fULHofn4WZ8?list=PLA9EC01A5A7E6DC0A
it is now a better moveset i accept this(i hope you support me now) Please dont reject this character he is not a bad choice after all if his is not that better known with crusade the Gex franchise will be better known

Last edited by Playtimebro on Fri May 22, 2015 9:09 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

Gex the Gecko(Gex) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gex the Gecko(Gex)   Gex the Gecko(Gex) EmptyTue May 19, 2015 2:19 am

I do think you should update your movelist in order to be more organized (someone already posted in your Croc thread, how the movelist should look like).
However, I also think that Gex is a perfect choice for Crusade, especially because Gex would then represent another console: The 3DO.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

Gex the Gecko(Gex) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gex the Gecko(Gex)   Gex the Gecko(Gex) EmptyTue May 19, 2015 3:21 pm

Well...not the only game with a TV World... *looks at Persona 4*

Honestly, I don't think he deserves the spot. Barely anyone knows Gex. But nice job on the moveset.
Back to top Go down

Gex the Gecko(Gex) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gex the Gecko(Gex)   Gex the Gecko(Gex) EmptyTue May 19, 2015 6:05 pm

Yes i forgot persona but is an anime and anime game and Gex is not an anime game so and the rules says not anime or the character suggestion will be blocked in an automatic way so won't be an persona character in the game the only exception is goku  for an anime character obviously thanks for your opinion about the moveset (sorry for replying but i wanted to defend the anime point persona has)
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Gex the Gecko(Gex) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gex the Gecko(Gex)   Gex the Gecko(Gex) EmptyTue May 19, 2015 6:22 pm

Persona was a game that spawned an anime, actually.
Back to top Go down

Gex the Gecko(Gex) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gex the Gecko(Gex)   Gex the Gecko(Gex) EmptyTue May 19, 2015 6:27 pm

ok then i am a noob but he is not a bad character instead i meant Gex but then persona is anime now i think you hate my ideas
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Gex the Gecko(Gex) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gex the Gecko(Gex)   Gex the Gecko(Gex) EmptyTue May 19, 2015 6:38 pm

You're not a noob. You were just misinformed and probably didn't care enough to research. It happens to all of us.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Gex the Gecko(Gex) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gex the Gecko(Gex)   Gex the Gecko(Gex) EmptyTue May 19, 2015 9:18 pm

Gex was definitely one of my personal favorites back in the day. I wish they had continued the franchise.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

Gex the Gecko(Gex) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gex the Gecko(Gex)   Gex the Gecko(Gex) EmptyTue May 19, 2015 9:36 pm

Smash King wrote:

Gex was definitely one of my personal favorites back in the day. I wish they had continued the franchise.

Didnt the current owners of Gex give the approval of the use of Gex in fangames based on the Gex franchise

wonder if anyone actually went to try and use him
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

Gex the Gecko(Gex) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gex the Gecko(Gex)   Gex the Gecko(Gex) EmptyTue May 19, 2015 11:03 pm

Well, we could be the first ones.
I mean, come on, Gex is the perfect representant for the 3DO.
I think that being a console representant is more than enough to warrant one's relevance in Crusade.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

Gex the Gecko(Gex) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gex the Gecko(Gex)   Gex the Gecko(Gex) EmptyTue May 19, 2015 11:48 pm

What character will rep the Game Com?
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

Gex the Gecko(Gex) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gex the Gecko(Gex)   Gex the Gecko(Gex) EmptyWed May 20, 2015 1:42 am

The what?
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

Gex the Gecko(Gex) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gex the Gecko(Gex)   Gex the Gecko(Gex) EmptyWed May 20, 2015 5:03 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
The what?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game.com
Back to top Go down

Gex the Gecko(Gex) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gex the Gecko(Gex)   Gex the Gecko(Gex) EmptyWed May 20, 2015 5:35 am

obviously will rep frogger and actually sub zero and scorpion for 3 mk classics
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

Gex the Gecko(Gex) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gex the Gecko(Gex)   Gex the Gecko(Gex) EmptyWed May 20, 2015 10:47 am

We need one of the beach volleyball girls from the N-Gage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

Gex the Gecko(Gex) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gex the Gecko(Gex)   Gex the Gecko(Gex) EmptyWed May 20, 2015 4:11 pm

I actually want opinions from you all guys seriously just tell me what i may add and want to know what do you think on my characters and 1 of the main problems is that english is not my main language is spanish so i did my best i never did moveset in english until now thats why my explainations can't be that good
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Gex the Gecko(Gex) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gex the Gecko(Gex)   Gex the Gecko(Gex) EmptyWed May 20, 2015 4:31 pm

What do you guys think of the moveset so far? If there is anything that can be added to it, what you think it should be
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

Gex the Gecko(Gex) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gex the Gecko(Gex)   Gex the Gecko(Gex) EmptyWed May 20, 2015 4:39 pm

Smash King wrote:
What do you guys think of the moveset so far? If there is anything that can be added to it, what  you think it should be

I won't answer until you do
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Gex the Gecko(Gex) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gex the Gecko(Gex)   Gex the Gecko(Gex) EmptyWed May 20, 2015 7:41 pm

I do have one question though. Is Gex dropping the TV as a Down Aerial attack function similar to Pac Man's hydrant?
Back to top Go down

Gex the Gecko(Gex) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gex the Gecko(Gex)   Gex the Gecko(Gex) EmptyThu May 21, 2015 4:39 pm

Now tell me how this new moveset looks now you can delete the "updated version" but seriously i do a good effort to explain the moves better than before
Back to top Go down
Ditto990
Level 1 CPU
Ditto990

Gex the Gecko(Gex) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gex the Gecko(Gex)   Gex the Gecko(Gex) EmptySat May 23, 2015 9:34 am

Gex would be cool ...
Back to top Go down
Creppy pasta man
Level 1 CPU

N/A

Gex the Gecko(Gex) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gex the Gecko(Gex)   Gex the Gecko(Gex) EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 6:43 pm

Gex is one of my favorites n64 title as well as Banjo and Conkers but anyways support
Back to top Go down
danick
Level 4 CPU

Gex the Gecko(Gex) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gex the Gecko(Gex)   Gex the Gecko(Gex) EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 8:47 am

ot so bad i suport
Back to top Go down
TheMysteriousThree
Level 3 CPU
TheMysteriousThree

N/A

Gex the Gecko(Gex) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gex the Gecko(Gex)   Gex the Gecko(Gex) EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 3:21 pm

I agree with danick. The original post is...wonky, to say the least.

Luckily, I too had a Gex moveset in the works (sort of as a side project for fun). However, with the exception of his B Button (Special) Moves, I only thought of witty names for each move (fitting Gex's nature), so detailed descriptions will come later...

A: Left Hook
A + A: Uppercut
A + A + A: Flip Kick
A Side: Karate Chop
A Up: Noggin Bop
A Down: Trip Kick
Running A: Jump Kick
A SMASH Side: Here Comes The Sweet Stuff…
A SMASH Up: Just Keeps Going and Going…
A SMASH Down: Dude, I’m Trippin’!

A: Spin Cycle
A Forward: Mid-Air Cartwheel
A Backwards: Backwards Somersault
A Up: Chop-Chop!
A Down: Frisky Footwork

Grappling Moves:
A: Gecko Knee
Forward: Takes A Lickin’ and—Eeeh, We’ve Heard It…
Backwards: Next SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!!
Up: AUNTIE EM!! AUNTIE EM!!
Down: You Moved The Headstones, But You Didn’t Move The Bodies!!

B: Tail Time
As Gex lets out his trademark catchphrase, “It’s Tail Time!”, he whips his tail in front of him for critical knockback, but not a lot of damage.

B Side: "Fire Bad!"
Gex swallows a firefly and spits out a fireball from his mouth. Unlike Mario’s fireballs, this one doesn’t die out until it makes contact with an enemy or wall.

B Up: "Have We Met Mr. Tounge?"
Gex sticks out his long, sticky gecko tounge. If it makes contact with a foe, he’ll headbutt straight into them. If it makes contact with a wall, Gex will be able to climb it as he sings, “Spider-Man, Spider-Man…”. If it makes contact with a ledge, Gex will dart back onto the stage.

B Down: "That’s What I Call Gettin’ Some Tail…"
Gex leaps into the air and his tail coils into a spring formation. As Gex hits the ground, he can bounce forward and back for as long as he makes contact with enemies.

FINAL SMASH: "I’m Invincible!!"
Gex opens the palm of his hand to reveal a moth. He eats it, and suddenly states, “Pulse, Racing, Heart, Pounding, WHERE’S THE JOHN?!”. Gex will now be immune to damage, run super fast and jump super high. Plus, his attacks do twice as much damage. Keep in mind, though, that this adrenaline rush only lasts for 15 seconds…

Stage Entrance: A TV Set is shown on the battlefield. Suddenly, Gex runs out of the main screen hollering, “Cooooomin’ Through!”. He then skids to a halt and turns off the TV.

Taunt: Gex leans back on his tail and puts his hands behind his head while making a snarky remark at whoever’s in front of him or whoever he last KO’d. EX: If Bowser is in front of Gex, he’ll state, “Aren’t we a little cocky since we beat The Hare?”. If Donkey Kong is in front of Gex, he’ll state, “Hey, Where’s Naomi Watts?”

Win: Gex puts on a pair of sunglasses, leans back and says, “That was about as much fun as being Mike Tyson’s Cellmate on Valentine’s Day…”

Lose: Gex claps for the victor.

Oh, and in case it wasn't obvious enough, SUPPORT'D!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gex the Gecko(Gex) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gex the Gecko(Gex)   Gex the Gecko(Gex) Empty

Back to top Go down

Gex the Gecko(Gex)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1