Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 7:12 pm

TaXMaN wrote:
Explain the Steve toys then.

I wouldn't be so quick to have Steve's validity in Crusade attached to the success of a toy line.

Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 7:39 pm

The first place I heard the name 'Steve' was actually in Super Meat Boy where he is an unlockable character. If other game developers can refer to him as Steve, why can't we?
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 12:16 am

@TaXMaN

Absolutely nothing. I was just explaining why I don't like the idea of Steve being playable.

@Hype

Agreed/

@Roy
Of course we can refer to him as Steve. I don't think anyone really made an arguement against the name of the character.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 12:48 am

Slissith wrote:
@Roy
Of course we can refer to him as Steve. I don't think anyone really made an arguement against the name of the character.
*cough*hype*cough*
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 3:35 am

TaXMaN wrote:
Slissith wrote:
@Roy
*cough*hype*cough*

What are you even talking about? I'm referring to Steve's potential to be unique and well representative of Minecraft, and not to be another "all-around" character, not disagreeing with his name. Obviously it should be Steve.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 7:37 am

Slissith wrote:
@Roy
I don't see the problem, then. He's just like any other avatar. If skins are such a big deal (which to me, it's like changing Villager's outfits when he has different eyes, hairstyles, hats, masks, shirts, shoes, pants, socks....), just make some of them alternate outfits. Problem solved. Sure you won't have your specific Steve, but it's not like we had every possible Villager or Robin.
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 1:15 pm

Minecraft Story Mode, Steve apparently have a history
http://www.telltalegames.com/minecraftstorymode/
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 6:33 am

CJ wrote:
Minecraft Story Mode, Steve apparently have a history
http://www.telltalegames.com/minecraftstorymode/

Minecraft seems like one of the last things that needs an actual story behind it, but eh.

I guess it could maybe give us some more moveset options, but that's a while down the road. And Minecraft as it is has a ton of options already, as evidenced by the first and only moveset competition.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 8:08 am

I've always had a pretty mixed view on Telltale games. On one hand, their stories are pretty solid and they have a pretty good musical score, as well as art style. However, I don't really need to delve into how shallow a Point and Click adventure would seem for Minecraft. I've never really liked how exaggerated and choppy their animation is, either, and I would hate to have to see this for Minecraft.

The worst thing about Telltale, however, is how much they emphasize dedicated responses. Every time I beat a TT game, I feel mostly accomplished, but the pride gets seasoned with regret from tons of my responses. "The story is all up to you, don't stress it." Sure, but you can't deny that the choice that I thought was right led me to an indisputably negative outcome.

If Minecraft: Story Mode makes me regret literally anything that I thought was a smart decision, I'm going to stop playing it immediately. For the single mechanic that TT games provide for the players, they sure like punishing them for doing it wrong. It feels awfully binary.

That said, I'm still very curious how it will turn out.
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 11:29 am

Spoiler:
change some things in the moveset by referencing this thread
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 1:50 pm

CJ wrote:
Spoiler:
change some things in the moveset by referencing this thread

I really like how you combined several movesets into one. I once actually had an idea for a crafting mechanic. I might type it up sometime when I get the chance to.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 2:24 am

Do we really want to have a moveset that doesn't have a crafting mechanic? I certainly don't see the character going down so well if he's just another Villager/G&W-style reference mashup.

The moveset I made for the competition made heavy use of crafting mechanics, but Puff and Blitz didn't like it. AEM was late to the contest so he couldn't enter, but the moveset he submitted also used crafting, and I'm not sure what the general consensus on his is.
Back to top Go down
Skyrunner65
Level 1 CPU
Skyrunner65

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 2:24 pm

Dry wrote:
Do we really want to have a moveset that doesn't have a crafting mechanic? I certainly don't see the character going down so well if he's just another Villager/G&W-style reference mashup.

The moveset I made for the competition made heavy use of crafting mechanics, but Puff and Blitz didn't like it. AEM was late to the contest so he couldn't enter, but the moveset he submitted also used crafting, and I'm not sure what the general consensus on his is.

I think a crafting system that functions similarly to Pac-Man's down special would be pretty good.

Also, I'd like to suggest some Nintendo Character Skins, instead of just coloring him. You could jam some other skins in (Notch is a good start), but that's just my two cents.

One Final Request: Please, DON'T make a SkyDoesMinecraft skin. Facepalm
(I'm serious.)
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 4:08 am

1. Support
2. Instead of the typical bow, Steve uses a dispenser to shoot arrows. He crafts it, then carries around like a crate, then throws onto the ground, shooting. Can hurt Steve.

Also in the new update, new 'Lingering Potions' are available. When you charge the Side B, Steve throws a Lingering potion instead, which creates an area of poison e.c.t, that lasts 10 secs or so.

And for Down B Steve uses a Crafting Table to level up his Wooden Sword into a Stone Sword, strengthening it up. Can be repeated to reach Diamond (Wood>Stone>Iron>Diamond). These upgrades take time to craft, getting longer each time. These upgrades aren't permanent, if Steve dies, or uses his normal attacks too much, the sword breaks, and reverts back to wood (The Wooden Sword can't break, even though it can in MC). If he has a Diamond Sword, he crafts an Enchantment Table (Which he has to be at the Table to make, and it takes longer than Diamond), and adds a flame aspect on his sword. And finally, he crafts an Anvil (At the Table, and longer than the Enchantment Table), that he can drop on people, or use to repair his sword (Takes a long time).

Just my ideas
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 5:51 pm

Not to be rude, but is there an anti-support? I'd like to give that.

All joking aside, I really wouldn't care if he was in or not. I think I'd find it odd, considering how Minecraft has absolutely zero connections with Nintendo (and is, in fact, now a 1st-party IP for Microsoft), but all the same I guess the series is now popular enough to prevent me from ranting my head off about just how bad an idea this is. At least the moveset could be fun.

No support though. At least not from me.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 1:38 am

I think the relation to Nintendo is a bit redundant. It's still important, but we have Banjo and other PS mascots requested, so it's not like it's 100% needed, but it's still a must. Anyway, Microsoft still allows the PS version, and they said that they want to see the game expand.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 2:51 am

Braystar wrote:
I think the relation to Nintendo is a bit redundant. It's still important, but we have Banjo and other PS mascots requested, so it's not like it's 100% needed, but it's still a must. Anyway, Microsoft still allows the PS version, and they said that they want to see the game expand.

There's a key difference, though; Non-Nintendo mascots like Crash, Sonic, or Pac-Man may not belong to Nintendo, but they all have at least one game on a Nintendo system at some point in their history and have been some part of Nintendo's history, from collaberation to rivalry. Steve and Minecraft have not only never been on a Nintendo console, period, but... Minecraft has nothing to do with Nintendo. ...At all. *Weegee* has a more firm connection to Nintendo than Steve does.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 4:30 am

So...if having a connection with Nintendo is important, can I suggest Goho Li from Street Fighter 4 then? After all, it was released on NES. Kappa
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 4:48 am

Um, care to explain Trinitro? I have USF4, and there's no character called that
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 5:46 am

I'm not talking about Capcom's Street Fighter 4, but about Hummer Team's Street Fighter 4 on NES.
Yes, that does exist. However, I think my example wasn't very good, because Goho Li is just the Ryu of that game, and Crusade already has 3 Ryus.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 6:55 am

Shiruza wrote:
There's a key difference, though; Non-Nintendo mascots like Crash, Sonic, or Pac-Man may not belong to Nintendo, but they all have at least one game on a Nintendo system at some point in their history and have been some part of Nintendo's history, from collaberation to rivalry. Steve and Minecraft have not only never been on a Nintendo console, period, but... Minecraft has nothing to do with Nintendo. ...At all. *Weegee* has a more firm connection to Nintendo than Steve does.
Yet there are popular suggestions such as Sly and Soldier, who have zero Nintendo relevence. It's not important.

I'm still not a fan of Steve, but the character has potential with block placements, and the character has wide fan appeal. That's why I supported him.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 10:37 am

The only thing that bothers me about Steve is the lack of Nintendo-relevancy. I would like to support him all the way, however, I don't want to be a hypocrite for supporting a non-Nintendo-relevancy character after turning down many others for the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 3:18 pm

At first I thought this to be a bad suggestion and boring...but why not? Support. Minecraft's a fun game despite not have playing it in forever.

Though we really do need a solid moveset.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 5:16 pm

Working on one, just thinking about all the items, past, present and future, and how they could work. Here's my idea for the Down Tilt: Places a Cactus block, that stays until Steve places a new one. It creates a trap of sorts
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 10:30 pm

Forgot to mention: I support.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 11:15 am

So, this just got announced:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/26/minecraft-story-mode-coming-to-wii-u?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20(front%20page)&utm_content=12&utm_campaign=Blogroll&abthid=55ddfddd5a77b6bf73000021

If we're keeping Nintendo relevence, maybe we should rename Steve to Jesse? Regardless, at this point, I don't think there's a good reason to deny his inclusion.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 11:26 am

Roy wrote:
So, this just got announced:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/26/minecraft-story-mode-coming-to-wii-u?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20(front%20page)&utm_content=12&utm_campaign=Blogroll&abthid=55ddfddd5a77b6bf73000021

If we're keeping Nintendo relevence, maybe we should rename Steve to Jesse? Regardless, at this point, I don't think there's a good reason to deny his inclusion.

Wow, this is quite the news! Maybe, just maybe we'll see Minecraft on the Wii U.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 11:53 am

Replace Steve with this "Jesse" and I'd be all for it. At least he's actually appearing on the Wii U, it makes more sense. Plus he's going to be the protagonist for the new story mode, which is always the main canon of a series.

Edit; Actually, as an idea... Minecraft's sprite layouts are incredibly simple, so why not do a "smart" palette with every pixel a different colour for Steve/Jesse's skin? That way, you could really put any skin over Jesse/Steve, so you could have both characters as well as custom skins. The "smart" palette technique is used all of the time in MUGEN, and I think this character would be a good place to use it in Crusade.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 2:05 pm

Steve is much more iconic then Jesse who isn't even in a released game yet.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 3:18 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Steve is much more iconic then Jesse who isn't even in a released game yet.

Which is why I proposed the incorporation of the "smart" palette system for Steve.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steve (Minecraft) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next