HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Moveset Competition v2.0!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SP

cellularSP

Moveset Competition v2.0! Empty
PostSubject: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 7:56 am

A continuation of the old moveset competition thread in order to attempt to spice things up around here. Since Kiddragon seems to have left I will take over as main host I guess.

RULES:

Each week, I’ll be giving out a specific theme or general character idea (ex: Car salesman, or spiders as an overall theme). It will be up to anyone who is interested in participating that week to think up a character based on the theme/character given (it doesn’t need to be anything real thought out honestly), and then you give them a Smash Bros.-styled moveset! Movesets will be judged mostly on creativity and how viable it would be in real Smash. The character it is based on doesn’t really need to be developed in the slightest, you could literally say that “this dude is a guy who sells cars down by the mall” or “this is a girl who is best friends with a spider and the spider does things for her” or whatever. We’re looking for creativity!

For those who wish to participate during a specific week, you must PM the judges your moveset and ideas no later than 1 week after the theme/idea has been announced. People who wish to judge for a certain week can PM me.

Movesets are required to have the whole kit, basically. Normals, specials, you name it. A whole list will be provided at the end of this post.

Winners will be glorified in the “Hall of Crusade,” an imaginary location located inside Smash King’s closet. Basically you’ll have some nice bragging rights, though occasionally we might offer something a bit more tangible, nothing amazing though.

Week 1: Theme: none yet

Movelist *All are required!*
Code:
Playstyle:

Entrance:

Jab:
Forward Tilt:
Up Tilt:
Down Tilt:

Forward Smash:
Up Smash:
Down Smash:

Dash Attack:
Edge Attack: 

Get-Up Attack:

Neutral Air:
Forward Air:
Back Air:
Up Air:
Down Air:

Grab:
Pummel:
Forward Throw:
Back Throw:
Down Throw:
Up Throw:

Neutral Special:
Side Special:
Up Special: 

Down Special:

Final Smash:

Win 1:
Win 2:
Win 3:
Lose:

Up Taunt:
Side Taunt:
Down Taunt:

Last edited by StayPuft on Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:48 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 8:09 am

Signing up! I need motivation!!!
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 8:21 am

I like the idea of the winner choosing the next character, but if you go that route you'll probably want to set this rule.

The character must be relatively well known, for example you can have Lara Croft, but not Brian Johnson from My Parents are Aliens. This is to keep the competition fixed on creativity, and less on obscure knowledge.

EDIT: Oh and sign me up.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 8:35 am

I hope I know what I'm doing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.doqk.ml/
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 12:29 pm

Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 1:09 pm

*raises hand*
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 3:03 pm

All of you have been added to the OP as entrants for the first round
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 3:32 pm

Sure sign me up
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 10:37 am

Alrighty, here's the character you shall design a moveset for this week...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 11:40 am

oh god  pale 
Back to top Go down
http://www.doqk.ml/
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 12:11 pm

Well, this should be interesting!

I know very little about Minecraft but I still know the basics, I'll give it a go.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Gamey DJ
Level 6 CPU
Gamey DJ

nah

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 12:27 pm

Oh great balls of fire! Am I late to the signup? If not sign me up!
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 12:31 pm

Gamey DJ wrote:
Oh great balls of fire! Am I late to the signup? If not sign me up!
Essentially this. If I'm not too late as well, I'd like to sign up. If I'm too late for this one, sign me up for the next.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 1:12 pm

I can do this. I've played a little of Minecraft to understand the physics and gameplay of it.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 5:23 pm

I can sign anyone up who still wants to participate

I chose Steve because I knew it'd make a few people disappointed Kappa
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 6:54 pm

I'm joining this.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 6:59 pm

I assume all sources for the moveset should be canon, correct?
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 7:17 pm

C_Mill24 wrote:
I assume all sources for the moveset should be canon, correct?

That would be ideal.
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Bad Boy's Corner
Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 7:29 pm

Mind if I assist with judging SP?
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 8:16 pm

That's totally fine, I was thinking about making it for every 3 entrants there's a judge, so

Everyone, make sure you PM your movesets to myself AND Blitz when you are done with them!
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 9:29 pm

Oh god yes, I would LOVE to join this. Count me in.

...And even if Steve is a bit of a rough start, we have a lot to work with. Hope this catches on!
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 5:52 am

I'd like to sign up as well if it's not too late.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 7:09 am

Added both of you, bringing the total roster up to 11! Pretty exciting
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 10:18 pm

Is it allowed to make a full moveset, and not just one that lists off the specials?
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 10:24 pm

HypeConduit wrote:
Is it allowed to make a full moveset, and not just one that lists off the specials?

Specials + Final Smash + Playstyle are all that's required to enter, but you can include as much information as you'd like
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 5:05 pm

Just a reminder that the deadline for your entries is TOMORROW!
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 5:53 pm

I know I may be asking a bit early, but may I judge for round 2?
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 9:24 pm

Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:
I know I may be asking a bit early, but may I judge for round 2?

We shall see
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 12:39 pm

The deadline for your entries is TODAY. A reminder that you will be disqualified if you do not enter by midnight EST!

These people have still not entered:

Kirby
Perfecthell
AEM

Mercury
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 6:18 pm

See I thought the deadline was later.

oh well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! Empty

Back to top Go down

Moveset Competition v2.0!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next