Steve (Minecraft) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

Steve (Minecraft) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 4:27 pm

Steve (Minecraft) Discussion B6Q_I71kQa1ahWO2p6MHxTsF91uIFysltJC7wWSQ2V8

Steve  is the character that can be controlled in Minecraft and it is one of the two skins that can be selected by default, Steve is a name suggested by Notch as a joke and confirmed on the 'Profile' page near the section that allows you to change your skins.

because it must be in the game?
Minecraft is one of the most popular franchises of time eventually winning fans I started as an indie and became a Microsoft franchise , was recently announced for Wii U minecraft which significantly increases the chances of steve entering the game

Moveset

Specials

Neutral Special:

Construction - Steve places a block in front him he can use this to build forts or floors to walk and avoid hazards There are different types of blocks that can steve crafting

Glass Block  Resistence 1% (but the glasses make damage to be broken)
Soul Sand  Resistence 5% (slows to those who walk on it)
Dirt Block (It has by default): Resistence 5%
Wooden Block   Resistence 10%
Gold Block      Resistence  12%
Stone Block   Resistence  15&
Steel Block    Resistence  20%
Diamond Block Resistence 25%
Obsidian Blcok Resistence 30%

Side Special "Splash Potion":Steve throws a splash potion that creates a small shockwave which can inflict one of many effects (arranged from highest to lowest chance):
*Harming: Instant, moderate damage and knockback.
*Weakness: Physical damage and knockback is decreased.
*Slowness: Speed is decreased.
*Poison: Gradual damage, similar to being affected by a Flower.
A player may only be afflicted with one of these effects at a time.

Up Special "Ender Pearl":Steve throws an Ender Pearl using mechanics nearly identical to Yoshi's Egg Throw; teleporting to wherever the pearl lands. If it hits a reflector such as Pit's Mirror Shield, instead of bouncing off, it will activate as if the reflector was a solid surface.

Down Special "Crafting Table": Steve places Craftting table front him, this will serve to crafting and upgrade weapons to do more damage, if you return to press down b open a small menu of craftings and you can select the weapon to improve, after a period of use the weapon will break and need to re-create, also as you hit enemies will drop items that you can use for crafting

Smashes

sSmash- Swings his sword forward, the damage depends on the material that is made

Gold      4%  Durability 8 Hits
Wooden 5%  Durability 10 hits
Stone    10   Durability 15 Hits
Iron      15% Durability 20 Hits
Diamond 20% Durability 25 Hits

uSmash- Hits with his axe up

Gold      3%  Durability 8 Hits
Wooden 4%  Durability 10 hits
Stone    9%  Durability 15 Hits
Iron      13% Durability 20 Hits
Diamond 18% Durability 25 Hits

dSmash- Lights a TNT block. The explosion hits both sides. This attack takes time to execute but it deals decent damage and knockback

Normal attacks

Standard Combo- Steve "mines" with his one hand. It can be repeated rapidly similar to Pikachu's headbutt.

sTilt- Reaches forward with his hoe as if he is farming

Gold      2%  Durability 8 Hits
Wooden 2%  Durability 10 hits
Stone    5%   Durability 15 Hits
Iron      10% Durability 20 Hits
Diamond 13% Durability 25 Hits

uTilt- Swings his pickaxe upwards as if mining above his head

Gold      4%  Durability 8 Hits
Wooden 4%  Durability 10 hits
Stone    7%   Durability 15 Hits
Iron      14% Durability 20 Hits
Diamond 16% Durability 25 Hits

dTilt- Pours a bucket of lava right before him

Aerials

nAir- Lets a Potion of Harming go off in his hands, hitting all around him

fAir- Pulls out a pair of shears and trims forward

bAir- a block leaves fall gravel behind him the block acts as a projectile falling down

uAir- Launch a fire charge upwards

dAir- Drops a anvil downwards on his foe. (This is a meteor Smash)

Throws

Grab: Steve uses his fishing rod to grab and pull his foes closer

Pummel:Hit your enemy with his fists similar to his jab

dThrow- Lights the caught foe on fire with flint and steel. The foe shoots upwards afterwards.

uThrow- Digs once into the ground with his shovel and lifts the foe into the air like tossing dirt over his shoulders

fThrow- "Mines" the foe with his pickaxe. This attack hits a few times before Steve tosses his opponent away

bThrow- Drags the foe behind him and slashes him/her with his sword

Ledge Attack- Steve hacks any nearby foes with his pickaxe (as a bonus Steve should be grabbing the ledge with his pickaxe in his ledge hang animation)

Get Up Attack- Steve punches in both directions (similar to Luigi in Brawl)

Dash Attack- Steve hops in a Minecart and rushes forward.

Final Smash Option 1:
Night Time: Steve hides in his house as the stage becomes dark. Monsters like zombies, spiders, creepers and skeletons spawns on the stage and ambushes the other players.Zombies and spiders ram into the players but spiders are way faster than zombies. Skeletons shoots arrows with their bows and creepers self-destruct when they near players dealing high knockback and moderate damage. After about 30 seconds the stage lights up again and the monsters burn to death. Steve then comes back out of his house.
(Alex appear alongside Steve looking out the window)

Final Smash Option 2:
Ender Dragon: Steve holds an Eye of Ender above his head and a portal opens in the sky. The Ender Dragon comes through the portal and attacks the other players by ramming into them dealimg high damage and knockback. Steve hides in his house during the Final smash. After a few seconds the Ender Dragon disapears and Steve returns to battle.

Weight class: Mid weight
Speed: Fast
Jump height: Low
Entrance- Steve comes through a Nether Portal
Taunt- steve put a pumpkin on his head and then takes it away
Winning Pose: Holds a Nether star/Ender Dragon Egg above his head.

Support List:

I created this thread to replace the old

moveset was the combination of my own with this thread

Last edited by SnivyKawaii (CJ) on Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 4:57 pm

The problem with the specials is that I feel it needs to implement building much more; only one special does. Why not make the neutral button a scrolling one with some of the most "common" blocks of Minecraft, that you can build, and they can do various things, such as trapping opponents, protecting Steve...

I suggest over the neutral special because it's literally Link's but he can move, and I really don't like that. He could utilize the bow in the air, perhaps?

You could put a bit more crafting in, too. Perhaps Down Special can be replaced with crafting, where you can craft better weapons and some items, and you can scroll through what you can craft using the down special button; the more damage you've taken the more you can craft. You can craft armor, for example.

Perhaps make the Pummel be Steve rapidly doing his "mining with fists" animation; basically his jab combo.

Neutral air could be the bow and arrow. Back air's a bit weird; why not make him just shove his sheaves backward.

Forward Smash and Up Smash are a bit unoriginal. Why not make the Forward Smash involve the dirt block, where Steve spins round and round until he slams the dirt block straight forward, throwing it in an enemies direction, and the up smash could be something with the torch.

Side tilt should involve the sword.

But other then all of that stuff..good moveset! I've already supported, but yeah.

Also, make sure to include some reasoning for why Steve should be in, here's an example;

"Steve should be in because of the fact Minecraft will be releasing on Wii U, giving him Nintendo relevance, and the fact that he is an icon of gaming by now, to both casual gamers and hardcore gamers."

That's just a small write-up. Make yours a lot bigger then that. And also include what his moveset could bring to the table and how he's unique.
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 7:06 pm

add the mechanics of crafting, I will try to improve it later
also add a reason why Steve should enter the game
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 7:40 pm

CJ wrote:
add the mechanics of crafting, I will try to improve it later
also add a reason why Steve should enter the game
It's good, but the neutral special I feel should still be using the blocks. You know, like putting them down to create different things and all like I mentioned.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 5:33 am

If you want ideas, quite a few Steve movesets were made for the moveset competition, iirc they're on the 2nd page of the thread

https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t3230-moveset-competition-v2-0?
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 2:04 am

Beat me to it. I was in Bali with my cousins the last 2 weeks and me and my youngest cuz made a moveset.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 4:56 am

Braystar wrote:
Beat me to it. I was in Bali with my cousins the last 2 weeks and me and my youngest cuz made a moveset.
Nothing stops you from sharing it. Maybe some ideas can be worked into the OP moveset.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 4:02 pm

Cool. Now I just have to sort through my crap to find the page we wrote ideas on
Back to top Go down
Eumatua
Level 1 CPU

Goku
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 7:05 am

Do you think this base sprite will help to draw Steve (if he is implemented)?
Steve (Minecraft) Discussion Base_s10

(Sorry if it's a bit small and basic)
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 8:34 pm

This has absolutely nothing to do with the crusade development team, and was done purely for for fun.

But here I made my own take on a base for Steve:
Steve (Minecraft) Discussion QxRPpkg

Needless to say, I support Steve. I'll give my 2 cents on moveset ideas some other time.
Back to top Go down
Broke The Screeen
Level 3 CPU
Broke The Screeen

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 6:08 am

I have yet to see a character thread that would make sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve (Minecraft) Discussion   Steve (Minecraft) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Steve (Minecraft) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1