View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 7:36 am

I agree that sakurai should have at least made toon link use his wind waker attacks instead of the similarities he has to link. The moveset dont bother me as much. Its more of the character itself being that we already have the adult link.

By the way, does anyone feel that F Zero should at least have one new rep? I know many would say yes, but I know there are some who think otherwise
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:05 am

I'm neutral for another F-Zero rep.
Due to the fact that the series is pretty much dead, I doubt it, but when there is so much reference to Goroh throughout the smash series and he's the only character in the original 12 to not get another rep (Not counting Yoshi since he's Mario Spin-off), it's likely at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:26 am

I would be very pleased to see a F-Zero rep, only if it is Samurai Goroh.

Me personally, I dont really consider the series dead since it was only excluded from having a game on the Wii. Though I do believe that it does hurt the support for a 2nd rep for Smash.

But, with F-Zero getting 2 stages in Brawl and Goroh as an assist, I think F-Zero has a neutral chance of getting a rep. Maybe more than ever with Sakurai viewing limited options on newcomers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:42 am

While I would accept the inclusion of Black Shadow for multiple reasonings (some of which actually makes him a more likely candidate than Goroh), the addition of a 2nd F-Zero is kind of iffy.

However, one is being requested greatly in Japan. And that again, is Black Shadow.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:38 pm

I've heard Meowth is being requested hugely, but apparently Sakurai is still very reluctant to include him. So I think popularity isn't much of a dealbreaker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 6:20 pm

I have yet to hear sources about that. All I know is that Japan (as well as Europe and America) want Mewtwo back (and Roy), and expect a 5th Gen rep.

I see many people falsely believing that Meowth was planned for Smash 64, and want him in simply for that. While he is deserving, he still has some competition in Mewtwo and a 5th Gen.

(But at least he has a shot. A Pokemon I find deserving, Rhydon, has a snowball's chance in Hell.)
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 8:37 pm

Rhydon? The only reason I see for him is that he was the first Pokemon ever created. Barely anyone who isn't deep into the pokemon series knows that. He's just not... famous enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 8:46 pm

Again, I said that he has a snowball's chance in Hell.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:39 pm

Oh no I was questioning about why you think he's deserving. I don't think he's deserving.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:03 pm

You've already stated why I feel he's deserving. The fact he's the first Pokemon made. Historically, that makes him important.
The only way he's getting in though, is if there is a Pokemon Rival based off of Blue and he uses Rhydon among his set of Pokemon.
Though the chances of that are in the same range as Rhydon alone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 12:27 am

Posts have been deleted due to arguements that did not need to be argued.

Long story short: People mix up "popularity" with "importance".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 10:21 am

What say you guys on the possibility of Shulk?
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 10:44 am

I think Shulk has a realistic chance now.

Afterall, Monolith Soft did help develop Brawl and is the most recent company to join Nintendo as a 1st party.

Plus being the most demanded Japanese game to to be international this year already shows the popularity. It did great in Japan, ran out of stocks in most of the stores in Europe, and was highly requested to be ported to America. It is also said that it is arguably the best JRPG in recent memory.

Not one of my most wanted character, but I would be pleased to have Shulk on the roster.

The only thing that hurts Shulk's chances are other misc characters that have been requested playable since Brawl. Characters like Isaac, Saki, Little Mac, etc have been requested for the past 3-5 years while Shulk is new to the Smash fans as a candidate.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 11:14 am

HOWEVER. Japan is where the main requests count, on which Isaac and Little Mac have little support compared to Shulk, as their support mostly comes from the States.
And between Isaac and Mac, Mac has more of a shot due to how well his latest game was recieved in both America and Europe, as well as having more requests than Isaac, who's latest game doesn't have him as a main character and did poorly everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 11:45 am

Little Mac not having much support in Japan is not much of surprise since boxing is not much of a popular sport in that country. So I can understand the lack of support.

Isaac in the other hand is somewhat of a surprise for me since RPG games are really popular there. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Even though Little Mac & Isaac don't have much support in Japan, I have my doubts that Shulk has more support in Japan than those 2 mentioned since he is such a late entry as a realistic candidate.

EDIT

What do you guys think about this?
http://pokebeach.com/2011/12/mewtwo-collection-box-in-february
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 3:26 pm

You'd be surprised. Shulk is a well requested character. But then again, so is a character from The Last Story and Zangeki no Reginleiv. Though Shulk is the most requested of those games.

Golden Sun has been getting decreasing sales with each game.

Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 3:45 pm

If Xenoblade sells well in the States, I would not be surprised if he appears in Smash. Seeing how Operation Rainfall had alot of support I wouldn't be surprised if it sells well also.

How bad did Golden Sun decrease in sales? If each of the game still sold by millions, is that really considered a big problem?

Also, did anyone see the link I posted? Its a Mewtwo collection box planned to be released to the public once that Pokemon cross-over game comes out. I think this would really boost up Mewtwo's support

http://pokebeach.com/2011/12/mewtwo-collection-box-in-february
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 4:00 pm

Mewtwo's support was already boosted with his role in Pokemon X Nobunaga's Ambition.

Golden Sun sold 740,000 copies in the United States and 338,000 in Japan.

[The Lost Age] sold a total of 249,000 copies in Japan and 437,000 in North America by November 21, 2004. It has sold over 680,000 units.

Currently can't find exact numbers for Dark Dawn, but it did poorly compared to the previous two from my knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

True, but this collection box gives Mewtwo supporters more to brag about being the only Pokemon in this cross-over game to have a collection box lol.

And all I have to say about the Golden Sun sales are ouch! But are these numbers are sales in total to this date or how much they sold on their first week?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 4:22 pm

Total. Again; ouch.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 7:25 pm

If anyone is interested. Nintendo is hosting "Nintendo Direct", a conference in Japan similar to the one that revealed the new FE game not long ago. It is on December 27th at 10PM ET
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 9:06 pm

A few questions to spice up the thread:

Who are your most wanted miscellaneous characters?

Which characters do you expect to see cut?

Are there any features from other games that you would like to see in SSB4?

Which Brawl stages do you hope will return?

How do you expect the 3DS-Wii U connectivity to work?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 10:55 pm

1. Define misc. in this case. If it means "random character no one would expect" then Shake King.

2. I honestly don't see cuts happening. Mewtwo and Roy were only cut due to time restraints, Young Link was replaced with Toon Link, the latest incarnation of a "young Link", Pichu was a joke character, and Dr. Mario was the "cloniest" of the clones. I can see Doc returning as an alternate costume with different attack properties, though.
Though if a cut were to happen, I can see Toon Link, Ike, and Lucario first on the chopping block.

3. None that I can think of at the moment.

4. I honestly don't care as long as Hanenbow doesn't return.

5. A feature to connect the Wii U version to the 3DS version like Pokemon Battle Revolution did.

Last edited by Davis the Feraligatr on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 1:28 am

I'd be surprised if Ike and Lucario were. Like you said, Mewtwo and Roy were only cut because of time restraints, and since they have all the time in the world for this one (they're not even starting until they finish the new Kid Icarus) I think Ike and Lucario are likely to stay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 6:57 am

Viewtiful Bro wrote:

Gonna go with 3rd party characters here.
Simon Belmont and Tails.
I personally doubt either will make it.

Quote :
None.

Quote :
Board the Platforms, stage builder, event matches, adventure. (both Brawl and Melee's)

Quote :
Pictochat.

Quote :
The same way DS-Wii connectivity works. Just having the DS look for a wii and vice versa, then finding data and exchanging it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 11:57 am

Well, y'all wanted more Smash 4 rumors, so here you go.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/61469052

I call bull. Why? Sonic being listed as a new character tips us off.
Back to top Go down
Limelight788
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Quote :
If by new series, I would go with Ray.

Quote :
I'm not even sure if there will be cuts. If there are cuts, however, they will most likely be Sonic and/or Snake, not Lucario being replaced by Zoroark as is the common opinion.

Quote :
I'd like to see more fluid game play and perhaps a system in which you can put items together to make a new item.

Quote :
I want to see Halberd and Spear Pillar return.

Quote :
Reggie quoted it would let 3DS players play with Wii-U players, so that.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 7:54 am

Soulf1st wrote:
A few questions to spice up the thread:

1. Not sure what you mean by misc. Either new series or retros. As for new series, I want to see Tom Nook playable. As for retros, it will have to be Duck Hunt Dog & Balloon Fighter

2. I dont expect anyone to get cut on purpose. I can only see characters get cut due to time constraint, especially since he is working on 2 Smash games. Still not pleased with a 3DS version. But if I can give a list of people if anyone were to get cut. It would be Toon Link(hopefully), Lucario, Wolf, Snake, & Sonic.

3. There really isn't no features that I want to see from another game that im familiar with.

4. Not sure which Brawl stages I want to return. Not much of a stage person. There really wasn't a stage that truly stood out for me since most of them were difficult to fight on. But if I had to pick any it would be Delfino Plaza, Shadow Moses Island, & Frigate Orpheon.

5. I expect the connectivity to work like this. You can use your 3DS to change up your character a bit or probably send your Mii from your 3DS into the Wii U version. Similar to how you can play Pokemon Red/Blue on Pokemon Stadium.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:55 am

I hate double posting, so I will add this post to my previous one later on when I get on a computer.

But yea, this topic has been dead for sometime now. Would be nice to have a relevant non-crusade discussion, yet still related to smash.

Anyways here are some questions.

Do you think that the lack of Bowser Jr in MK7 & 3D Land hurts his chances to be playable in Smash? Afterall, he is competing against Toad.

There has been talk from a number of smash communities on removing Sheik in favor for Impa as a separate character. Do you agree or disagree?

What changes are you expecting for 1P Adventure Mode?

F-Zero series hasnt been relevant in years. What are the chances of a 2nd rep?

How many 3rd parties are you expecting?

What chance does Mach Rider have to be playable?
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 7:45 am

I actually think Bowser Jr has a higher chance now. Many fans wanted Bowser Jr in both of the mentioned games, and the lack of him just makes fans want him in SSB4 more. I think there's a point when game designers have to crack under the pressure of fan demands, and Bowser Jr may have reached that point.

Dunno about 1P Adventure Mode, but I don't think it'll be good. IMO they failed the last two times, so I'm not expecting them to do great this time round.

F-Zero is almost definitely not getting another rep. The series is pretty much dead. Right now Captain Falcon's appearance in Smash Bros is far more iconic than his appearance in F-Zero.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

SSB4 General Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next