SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SSB4 General Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage

SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:44 am

"Dead" means nothing.

Kid Icarus was dead, we got Pit in Brawl. (Uprising wouldn't have been done had Pit not be in Brawl)

Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:24 am

I thought they brought back Kid Icarus because it was a popular retro franchise? If I remember right the two games in the series were for the NES and the Game Boy, and they were both popular.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:36 am

It wasn't as popular as you think.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:21 am

IMO, I doubt Bowser Jr's chances got higher just because he was excluded from the 2 new Mario games. Have to remember that Waluigi was in the same shoes as well (minus 3D Land). Sure fans are not pleased that those 2 were not in MK7, but dont think the complaints were enough to catch Nintendo's full attention. Jr is still a good candidate, but Toad has been Top 4 most wanted Mario series newcomer since after smash 64 while Jr didnt become a favorable candidate until pre-Brawl. If Bowser Jr doesnt appear in the upcoming Mario Party 9 game, I predict that Jr's fan support while start to become quiet.

As for 1P Mode, I cant atually sit here and say that the Sakurai failed with 1P. Sure, it couldve been better, but some fighting games are not mostly known for its 1P Mode as it is for its multiplayer.

I dont think FZero is dead. The Wii is the only console the FZero series didnt have a game in. Remember that Metroid didnt have a game on the N64 and look where the series is now. FZero could possibly be going through the same phase on the Wii similar to how Metroid went through with the N64. That phase being a irrelevant series during a generation, yet still having a smash appearance, and eventually return during the next gen much more popular
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 1:32 pm

Bowser Jr. is confirmed to be a boss in certain levels in Mario Party 9 (appearing in trailers), not sure if he'll be playable at all. But he will make an appearance.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:30 pm

Brobey Maguire wrote:
A few questions to spice up the thread:

Who are your most wanted miscellaneous characters?
I would love to see Little Mac join in on the fun. Retro-wise, I think Muddy Mole would be great as well.

Which characters do you expect to see cut?
If anyone was to actually be cut for some reason, it would most likely be Lucario. However I can only really see cuts happen if there are time constraints.

Are there any features from other games that you would like to see in SSB4?
Board the Platforms should return.

Which Brawl stages do you hope will return?
Luigi's Mansion, that's really what I would want to return.

How do you expect the 3DS-Wii U connectivity to work?
Similar to how it's done in Mario Tennis for the 64. Where you could play as your GB version character in the 64 version.

SmashKing201 wrote:
I hate double posting, so I will add this post to my previous one later on when I get on a computer.

But yea, this topic has been dead for sometime now. Would be nice to have a relevant non-crusade discussion, yet still related to smash.

Anyways here are some questions.

Do you think that the lack of Bowser Jr in MK7 & 3D Land hurts his chances to be playable in Smash? Afterall, he is competing against Toad.
Certainly, Toad seriously has had the best shot for some time now. He is the most ideal Mario rep to join next anyways.

There has been talk from a number of smash communities on removing Sheik in favor for Impa as a separate character. Do you agree or disagree?
It's an interesting idea, I'll admit it. But I think it won't happen, even though Impa is prominant in the games characters tend to keep the things that make them special so I doubt Sheik will be replaced. BUT, I think Impa will have an impact on Sheik's design.

What changes are you expecting for 1P Adventure Mode?
I loved Subspace Emmisary in Brawl. I'd love to see something like that be made again.

F-Zero series hasnt been relevant in years. What are the chances of a 2nd rep?
Low. Very low. But fan demand is high, I mean it's not like Kid Icarus was very relevant before Brawl was released.

How many 3rd parties are you expecting?
I expect to see Snake and especially Sonic stay. I think that for sure Capcom will be joining due to Mega Man's incrediblly large demand as of late. We might also see some Square Enix or Level 5.

What chance does Mach Rider have to be playable?
Mach Rider's chances only rely on two things.
1. Sakurai's love of his design: It really seemed like Mach Rider almost made it in Melee. He was the only Non-Playable retro rep to recieve a redesign. It was almost painfully obvious. Sakurai wants to bring back another character in SSB4, so he still may have a shot.
2. Whether Mach Rider: Unchained is real or not: There has been a 3DS game rumor for a long time now that is related to Mach Rider. It's been "Announced" since the 1st Japanese 3DS meeting in October. But there is still news about it still being hidden under wraps. If this thing is real, I say Mach Rider is in for sure.
awwwww yeaaaaaaah
Back to top Go down
Yeti
Level 6 CPU
Yeti

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 4:32 pm

I Beleive it is confirmed That a New Starfox Character Will be included.
So I Say Either Leon or Krystal will be it.

King k. Rool Is half Confirmed.
People Keep on Saying Giraham is going to get in.
Zoreak will probbably Replace Lucario
Ridley Has Been Wildly Discuss and They said thay may add a new Metroid Character.
Alot of Assist are soposed to be Becoming playable Hopefully including:
Little Mac
Saki
Issac
I Have Also heard this Weird Prince Sable Dude is in.
I have Heard King Hippo too.
I can Garnentee That Kid Icuras Gets a New Character so Either Palutena or Medusa.
I Have Heard Proffeser Layton.
I have Heard Shulk
Mega man Of Course
I haveHeard Slime

Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 4:38 pm

Only new 3rd party I REALLY want is Professor Layton.

Last edited by StayPuft on Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Masaomi
Level 6 CPU
Masaomi

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 4:39 pm

Yeti Dk wrote:
I Beleive it is confirmed That a New Starfox Character Will be included. So I Say Either Leon or Krystal will be it.

Krystal is more likely.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 4:41 pm

Yeti, that info was confirmed to be fake 4chan fodder MONTHS ago.
Nothing has been confirmed for SSB4 and the game's development won't even begin until after the release of Kid Icarus Uprising.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:40 pm

Nothing is guaranteed, Yeti.
Especially a Starfox character. Krystal represents the "bad" part of StarFox, there is little demand for Slippy, and Leon...well, I have no arguments against him. But at that, a 4th rep isn't even necessary.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:33 pm

So far, the only thing we really know as far as characters is the possibility of a franchise being reinvented and most likely be on the roster. My bet is on Mach Rider, but I can't picture Sakurai working on a game like that
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:10 am

And a Capcom rep too.

Sakurai mentions them a lot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:36 am

SmashKing201 wrote:
So far, the only thing we really know as far as characters is the possibility of a franchise being reinvented and most likely be on the roster. My bet is on Mach Rider, but I can't picture Sakurai working on a game like that
He said he would revive a character through Sm4sh, not reinvent them like he did with Kid Icarus.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:13 am

[quote="Uncle Phil"]
SmashKing201 wrote:
Sm4sh? What's wrong with SSB4?

Anyway, if I had to pick a new character, I'd have to go with Shulk. I think he has a very good shot at being in the game.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Daw
Level 6 CPU
Daw

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:06 am

Ganonthegreat wrote:
Anyway, if I had to pick a new character, I'd have to go with Shulk. I think he has a very good shot at being in the game.

Me gusta.
Shulk is the only really good characters for SSB4.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:12 am

This. Shulk was and has been growing in popularity sence operation Rainfall (Or whatever it was called) and now that Xenoblade is being released in America, Shulk has a much better chance.

For a retro rep, I think the only characters that COULD get in are Mach Rider, Balloon Fighter, and Duck Hunt Dog. Plus, I think three obscure characters are likely, because Pit no longer counts as "retro" One to replace Pit, one new, and one that fills the same roll as G&W and R.O.B. have. The unexpected WTF character.

I think for third parties, Sonic is back for sure, and so is Snake, cause of his history with the series. Capcom is the next big company to get a rep, so I say that it probably will cause Sakurai keeps bring it up. I would prefer it to be Mega Man, but Ryu seems more likely, due to Capcom's recent attitude towards Mega Man. (Or maybe Mega Man will make it...) I also feel that there will be a Square Enix rep. With all the various crossovers that Slime has had with Mario, its only natural that Smash is the next step. And for a third candidate, I say Professor Layton. Cause that would be amazing.

AND NO SECOND REPS FOR SONIC!!!!
Back to top Go down
TJelloBoy
Level 3 CPU
TJelloBoy

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 7:19 am

I don't know if The Wii will allow DLC.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 7:37 am

The next Smash Bros. won't be on the Wii, it'll be on the Wii U. Since the Wii allows for small things to be DLC (songs on Rock Band and Guitar Hero), we can assume that the Wii U may have more capabilities. Course this is all speculation, and only if Sakurai wants DLC to be included.
And where was DLC brought up anyway?
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:04 pm

Actually, I believe Nintendo has confirmed that the Wii U will have downloadable content. The first games for Nintendo to have DLC will be Rythem Heaven & FE13
Back to top Go down
TJelloBoy
Level 3 CPU
TJelloBoy

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:26 pm

Cool! I had a wii but it Broke! I hope I get the New Wii and WiiU so that I can play on a mobile Device! It Makes Me think of Playing Smash Bros on a Mobile Device!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:29 pm

How does getting a Wii or a Wii U make you able to play it on a mobile device, or for that matter, even make you think of playing it on a mobile device
¬_¬
Back to top Go down
TJelloBoy
Level 3 CPU
TJelloBoy

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:34 pm

View the Trailer, Duh! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e3qaPg_keg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:41 pm

That isn't portable.
But whatever. This is getting off topic.
Back to top Go down
TJelloBoy
Level 3 CPU
TJelloBoy

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:47 pm

It looks Portable.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:59 pm

The Tablet controller is not portable. It can only go within a distance in the room. You can't take it with you elsewhere
Back to top Go down
TJelloBoy
Level 3 CPU
TJelloBoy

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 6:54 pm

maybe sensor portable that only senses the wii.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 7:10 pm

Its not at all portable. It functions just like the Wii, except the main controller is the Tablet. You can use Wii Motes on it I know that. But it is not at all portable.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:18 am

You can play SSB4 in any room in the house, through the tablet. It does not mean that you can take it anywhere else.

Anyway, aren't we forgetting that SSB4 was also confirmed for the 3DS?
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:09 am

Doubt people care much for the 3ds version as they do for the wii u. Mainly cause the console version will not be as limited as the 3ds. But the advantage of the 3ds is that its more creative and personalized
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

SSB4 General Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next