SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SSB4 General Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage

SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:07 pm

Some Namco-Bandai All-Star game that has nothing to do with Smash.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:27 am

I don't want it to be SSB4, I mean we know it's in development so it's safe, but Namco could easily make their own crossover series without Nintendo or Capcom.

Nemo (Ace Combat)
Pac-Man
Lloyd Irving
Cless
Agumon
Sanger (Super Robot Wars)
Haken (Endless Frontier)
Jin
Kazuya
KOS-MOS
BlackRose (.hack)
Alisa (God Eater)
Katamari
Nightmare
2nd SC Rep
Klonoa
Monkey (Odyssey to the West)
Solatorobo

They actually have a pretty solid roster. My guess is Tekken X Street Fighter though.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:36 am

Silver Lightan wrote:
Some Namco-Bandai All-Star game that has nothing to do with Smash.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Gallade
Level 3 CPU
Bloody Gallade

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:23 pm

They just did that. Remember Project X Zone?
Back to top Go down
Keven
Level 5 CPU
Keven

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 3:47 pm

Namco Bandai Games will not add there home characters in SSB4 from what i heard . That too bad i would really to to see Pac-Man or maybe Sigfried ( Soul Caliber ) in SSB4
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 4:00 pm

Keven wrote:
Namco Bandai Games will not add there home characters in SSB4 from what i heard . That too bad i would really to to see Pac-Man or maybe Sigfried ( Soul Caliber ) in SSB4

Source please
Back to top Go down
Keven
Level 5 CPU
Keven

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 5:20 pm

Its in French sorry but here it is : http://www.jeuxactu.com/super-smash-bros-wii-u-la-liste-des-personnages-81669.htm also its low chance ( Not Zero ) that Namco Bandai Games had there home characters ( I made a little mistake ) and the article is saying something pretty strange that SSB4 will have No new characters !! only Vétéran ( But will be fully balanced ) but its not sure i really hope that SSB4 will add new characters to the roster

Edits : I have the news in English look : http://mynintendonews.com/2012/07/02/smash-bros-wii-u-probably-wont-feature-more-characters/
Back to top Go down
ZS
Level 6 CPU
ZS

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:19 pm

Oh no................at least add Mewtwo as a comeback! AT LEAST BRING MEWTWO BACK!!! DX

Apparently, the pictures in the site are now fully revealed...
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 7:50 pm

wow, if thats the case, and even im shocked to say this, but im not gonna buy ssb4 if they will not add a good number of characters
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:07 am

That game believed to be related to SSB4 is actually a fighting game for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Gallade
Level 3 CPU
Bloody Gallade

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:43 am

AEM wrote:
That game believed to be related to SSB4 is actually a fighting game for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
Nope, we still have 0 days (and several hours) left.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 am

AEM wrote:
Dod gammit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:01 am

I knew it. Everybody who was expecting SSB4 info should use common sense first. Why would Namco-Bandai make another site, when they could just use smashbros.com? Also, its not that Namco-Bandai are doing ALL of the development, they are ASSISTING in development.

About Character thing: I think what he means is that there is only going to be 36 or so characters, with the majority being Veteran. I only really expected this amount for the 3DS anyway to be honest, but for the Wii U this is mildly disappointing. At least balance is a major focus. (No more Ganondorfs or Meta Knights.)
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:36 am

I think they'd have to completely change Meta Knight and Ganon. Meta Knight because no matter how much you tweak him, those attacks will always be OP, and make them any slower or less effective and they just wouldn't feel like Meta Knight. As for Ganon if the main focus is balance, then surely they'd have the time to make a new Ganon using his sword like everyone has been asking for since Melee. He's never been that good of a fighter, seeing as he's just a bad C. Falcon, and that Up Tilt need to go away forever, it's impossible to use efficiently.
Back to top Go down
Jak

Klonoa

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:42 am

BluePsychic wrote:
Why would Namco-Bandai make another site, when they could just use smashbros.com?
What
Back to top Go down
Blitz [BANNED]
Level 7 CPU

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:42 am

Ganonthegreat wrote:
I think they'd have to completely change Meta Knight and Ganon. Meta Knight because no matter how much you tweak him, those attacks will always be OP, and make them any slower or less effective and they just wouldn't feel like Meta Knight. As for Ganon if the main focus is balance, then surely they'd have the time to make a new Ganon using his sword like everyone has been asking for since Melee. He's never been that good of a fighter, seeing as he's just a bad C. Falcon, and that Up Tilt need to go away forever, it's impossible to use efficiently.
well Ganon, the only reason that Meta Knight is overpowered is because of his infinite chain attacking. This is because his Special Attacks aren't affected by Stale Move Negation, which could easily be fixed. Stale Move Negation is when you constantly use a Special move, it loses power. However, Meta Knight has two rushing moves, which are considered Natural Combos, so they are not affected by Stale Move Negation. So he could easily be balanced by making them affected by Stale Move Negation. Maybe if they decreased the power of the Mach Tornado, but he would be fine without decreasing the power.

I completely agree with Ganondorf, because he has high strength and low speed, but he has attacks made for a fast and agile character, so Ganondorf is pretty bad on that front. But the other problem is that he is a complete clone of Captain Falcon, who isn't even from the same series. They could have easily given him his sword for his standard attacks and Magic from Ocarina of Time for his Special moves. So on that front I also agree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:46 am

Jaklub wrote:
BluePsychic wrote:
Why would Namco-Bandai make another site, when they could just use smashbros.com?
What
Allow me to paraphrase: Why should NINTENDO use some random site owned by Namco-Bandai when they can already use a site that was made for Smash Bros. info?
And people thought it was going to be SSB4 info. That alone is almost laughable.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:18 am

I think the train of thought was "What else could it be?". I mean Namco already have their crossover game in the form of Project X Zone, and with the evidence that Namco were making SSB4 (It has been confirmed that they are doing most of the development, overseen by Sora), I can see how some people drew that conclusion. Personally I'm just surprised about how little Tekken X Street Fighter was mentioned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:42 am

Dio Brando for SSB4
Come on everybody
Back to top Go down
Jak

Klonoa

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:45 am

BluePsychic wrote:
Allow me to paraphrase: Why should NINTENDO use some random site owned by Namco-Bandai when they can already use a site that was made for Smash Bros. info?
And people thought it was going to be SSB4 info. That alone is almost laughable.
Aside from that Namco website bullcrap that turned out to be wrong, why should Nintendo use some random fansite when they can have a professional website made just for them.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:53 am

Jaklub wrote:
BluePsychic wrote:
Aside from that Namco website bullcrap that turned out to be wrong, why should Nintendo use some random fansite when they can have a professional website made just for them.
Uhh, smashbros.com is owned by Nintendo, it's the address of the SSBB Dojo.
Back to top Go down
Jak

Klonoa

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:59 am

Ganonthegreat wrote:
Uhh, smashbros.com is owned by Nintendo, it's the address of the SSBB Dojo.
heh, I made a mistake there, I misread it as smashboards.com

Well, point taken.
Back to top Go down
ensane

ensane

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:22 am

Blitz n' Barrage wrote:
Ganonthegreat wrote:
well Ganon, the only reason that Meta Knight is overpowered is because of his infinite chain attacking. This is because his Special Attacks aren't affected by Stale Move Negation, which could easily be fixed. Stale Move Negation is when you constantly use a Special move, it loses power. However, Meta Knight has two rushing moves, which are considered Natural Combos, so they are not affected by Stale Move Negation. So he could easily be balanced by making them affected by Stale Move Negation. Maybe if they decreased the power of the Mach Tornado, but he would be fine without decreasing the power.

I completely agree with Ganondorf, because he has high strength and low speed, but he has attacks made for a fast and agile character, so Ganondorf is pretty bad on that front. But the other problem is that he is a complete clone of Captain Falcon, who isn't even from the same series. They could have easily given him his sword for his standard attacks and Magic from Ocarina of Time for his Special moves. So on that front I also agree.
They are affected by stale move negation, it's just that each use only counts as one spot on the list. This isn't uncommon at all; for example, moves like Pika's dsmash only take up one spot, too. The real reason he's OP is transcendent prio on almost everything and the low startup and end lag on a lot of his moves, making him hard or impossible to punish while also being a great punisher. Tornado is OP because it's impossible to DI out of, not so much the damage.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:29 am

Blitz n' Barrage wrote:

Blitz I don't even what you're saying
Stale Move Negation is a queue or a list of the last 10 moves you used. For each time a move shows up on that list, it becomes weaker; it does less percent and knockback. Some moves stale quicker than others; Zelda's U-Smash stales quickly, while Meta Knight's Shuttle Loop is almost unaffected by it.
If you use a move that isn't currently on the queue, it's slightly stronger; this is called being "fresh", as opposed to being "stale".
Also what ensane said, multi-hit moves only count as one move on the queue. If each hit of Drill Rush staled the next hit, that would be ridiculously dumb.

What they did in Project M would work for Ganondorf, and if they had to figure out a way to balance Meta Knight, here's a few things they could do:
-Remove Mach Tornado and replace it with something else (not a recovery move)
-Remove his glide from jumping and leave the one from Shuttle Loop
-Give U-Air higher base knockback so it doesn't string into itself so well at early percents
-Change Nair's mechanics so it can't do 29% in one go
-Slow down his D-Smash by a few frames, because a frame 4 smash with high knockback is dumb.
-Make him lighter so he dies earlier
-Reduce the priority of his attacks so they're not all transcendent
-Fix the issues with ledge invincibility so planking no longer works, or is as effective
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
ensane

ensane

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 11:28 am

Or fix the rather stupid way that 2 uairs can't be airdodged through.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 10:04 pm

Just thought I'd drop this off here.
http://vgtribune.com/smash-poll-2012-quarterfinals/
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 1:33 am

Layton is considered a first/second party character?

And man. Waluigi, Shulk, Layton, N, and Ridley for Top 5.

I'm surprised many people would vote for him.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 6:06 am

They'd better actually listen to these polls this time.
I'd love to see everyone who's winning Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nohrian Sadist

Nohrian Sadist

cheezetime

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 6:32 am

P. Layton is tied with ridley, Issac, and Shulk... That's how you know he's one awsome puzzle solving guy. Actually I feel like he needs to be in this game since capcom opted to put
P. Wright in UMvC3
Back to top Go down
M. Bison
Level 5 CPU
M. Bison

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:31 pm

Nice to see Palutena has alot of support in that poll. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

SSB4 General Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next