Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 6:24 am

Voting for 5 stages, makes sense anyway.

Also since everyone seems to be making pre-emptive stage suggestions anyway I suppose I will too.

Never played KA so I can't really argue for or against stages from that game. For K64 I would suggest either the UFO level or the Shopping Mall level, they'd both make for interesting gameplay/asthetics. We should have a castle stage for Dedede (or maybe even the boxing ring), and an island/aquatic stage for Bandana Dee.

Comments are encouraged.

EDIT: Added boxing ring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 6:38 am

We don't need a stage for every character, as what the Zelda polls showed (Tingle didn't get a stage).

I really don't have a particular desire for certain stages, but I am against Mt. Dedede because we already have a boxing ring planned for Little Mac.

If there is one stage I would want, it would be City Trial. It also has Whispy Woods in it, so we wouldn't need say, Green Greens, Whispy's Forrest, etc.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 12:54 pm

Oh, I didn't know about Little Mac's ring. I like City Trial as well, KAR was my favorite spinoff game. Furthermore I agree with not having to rep every character, as I was an advocate for not giving Tingle a stage. If I could pick a character not to be repped it would be Bandana Dee because he's only been a main character in one Kirby title from what I know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 1:06 pm

Even though it's premature, I'll cast my votes for Kirby stages:

City Trial
Rock Star
Green Greens Melee

(As much as I'd like to see Fountain of Dreams, I've come to terms with the fact that it's a Battlefield clone.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 2:36 pm

Mr. mistress wrote:

City Trial
Lor Starcutter
Dark Star
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 2:56 pm

I don't know enough about the Kirby series so I'll refrain from voting until some other decent stage ideas are presented.

The only thing keeping me from wanting City Trial is the sheer thought of paying tribute to the atrocity that was Kirby's Air Ride. That game took an idea that could have worked well and turned into the most vile form of interactive entertainment known to man.

I'm exaggerating too much here. Disregard this.
Back to top Go down
Maikeru
Level 5 CPU
Maikeru

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 3:48 pm

Esper wrote:
I don't know enough about the Kirby series so I'll refrain from voting until some other decent stage ideas are presented.

The only thing keeping me from wanting City Trial is the sheer thought of paying tribute to the atrocity that was Kirby's Air Ride. That game took an idea that could have worked well and turned into the most vile form of interactive entertainment known to man.

WTF are you talking about?
Kirby's air ride was a gem in the gamecube library

Don't tell me you're trusting bullshit review companies like IGN now..
All reviewers complained that the game was too simple and easy to pick up... Im not joking.. Yet Marvel vs Capcom 3 got a high score and was never bagged on for its simple controls (except the community)...

Seriously: Grab a friend and an extra gamecube controller, pop in Kirby Air Ride and play the game. I guarantee that you're going to have fun with Kirby Air Ride if you play it with a friend...

Kirby's Air Ride is fun (mostly with friends)... And ill be damn glad if City Trial makes it into crusade as a stage
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 3:52 pm

I didn't like it, I rambled into nonsense, the end, let's move on with our lives
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 7:25 am

You guys realize that FoD doesn't have to be based on the Melee design right?

Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 FountainOfDreams

There's no reason that needs to be a BF clone if we don't want it to be
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 8:42 am

Existentialist Bastard wrote:

Seems you forgot he said this, Maikeru.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:24 am

Im having a problem here. Apparently, while I was setting up the poll for the Kirby stages, my computer shut down on me and wont turn back on. This is a problem I been having with my computer for the past 2 days.

I am currently sending this post through my android phone. I would continue this poll myself, but my computer literally wont turn on. I would update the polls as usual through my phone, but its too difficult to post anything more than a paragraph on an Android. Hell, this post here took me 20 minutes at least cause of bad connection. Plus my phone will probably be suspended by next week, so I will rarely be on the forum as much until my computer is fixed.

So during my temporary absence as host of this thread, and possibly absent from the forum itself, I would like to request a favor from the Admins and Mod to substitute for me until I can get my computer fixed. Thanks and I hope this poll goes fairly well in everyone's favor.

Admins/Mods can start the Kirby poll now if they want Smile
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:34 am

Kirby Air Ride was my absolute favorite Kirby game. Spent more time on that game than any other Gamecube game (Yes, even Melee!). But anyways...

Wouldn't Lor Starcutter be too similar to Halberd? Both are flying ships, right...?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:37 am

RoyMaster4 wrote:

Wouldn't Lor Starcutter be too similar to Halberd? Both are flying ships, right...?
While you do bring up a good point, the Lor wouldn't be flying.
The only time you're actually in the Lor Starcutter is when it's in the ground from the shipwreck. Plus, you fight outside the Halberd and inside the Lor.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:33 am

But the Lor is just a bunch of rooms, not particularly interesting. Here's an idea, inspired from the ocarina medley stage: The copy ability stages might be cool to work with, or even transition through. Just a thought, what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 12:58 pm

MercuryHg34 wrote:
But the Lor is just a bunch of rooms, not particularly interesting. Here's an idea, inspired from the ocarina medley stage: The copy ability stages might be cool to work with, or even transition through. Just a thought, what do you guys think?
Sorta ruins the uniqueness of the Ocarina stage
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:26 pm

Thats true. Doesn't hurt to ask, that's what I always say lol.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:37 pm

K wrote:
Mr. mistress wrote:

City Trial
Lor Starcutter
Dark Star
Dis. So much of dis.

Also I just want to say, again, that if City Trial is to be made with the concept already in mind, Green Greens won't be needed because Whispy will already be present in City Trial as a location the Compact Star takes you to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:41 pm

Oh. Then I'll retract my Green Greens vote and withhold it at the moment.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:55 pm

Well SK's not gonna be able to update this poll often and he asked for an admin to replace him, but would anybody have an objection to having a balancer host, like PH4 or myself, so we don't loose track of votes? Otherwise ppl's votes will get buried as the discussion continues with nobody counting them.

EDIT: Just spoke to SK, he insists that a mod or admin do it, so I'm withdrawing my offer to host.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:12 pm

Whoever wants to, go ahead.

Anyways, for arguments sake:

Why Dark Star? It doesn't seem very interesting besides representing Dark Matter in general. Imo, Rock Star is a much more unique place. We don't have a desert stage yet, and unless we plan on having one from Pokemon (Desert Resort?), I don't think we will have one at all. It can still rep Dark Matter, too.

As for the last stage... Lor Starcutter doesn't seem interesting outside of being the hub. Perhaps Onion Ocean for a water stage? Or something from Amazing Mirror outside of the main hub (Candy Constellations?).
Ha... just thinking, Candy Constellation's boss was Master Hand and Crazy Hand... what a twist that would be if it was in this game.

EDIT: So, my 3 votes, to restate:
- City Trial
- Rock Star
- Candy Constellation
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:30 pm

Since Det and Plas on hiatus due to school and GY is usually online for a short period of time, I hoping Jaklub can be the host. But if he is too occupied with something, mainly coding, a select few active members can assist on Fairly keeping track of votes. I picked Generic and Mercury is Jaklub want help. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:40 pm

Well, I already made this, so...
Hrm...
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:48 pm

Well, I was going to suggest to keep the discussion on this thread, but if its easier for you guys, then im perfectly fone with it
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 11:50 pm

Good news guys. I got my computer back and it works 10 times better than ever. So, once the Kirby poll closes, I will be host of the stage roster again
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 7:55 am

Congratulations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 1:14 pm

Welcome back SK! Smile
Back to top Go down
Yeti
Level 6 CPU
Yeti

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 1:54 pm

Couldn't we have the kirby poll go on in its topic and then we discuss starfox in this one?
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 2:12 pm

No cause there is no need to rush it.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 9:23 pm

Well, now that the Kirby stage series ran it's course, we can now CONFIRM that the winners of the poll are City Trial, Fountain Of Dreams, & Dark Star. They will join Vegetable Valley & Halbert Ship to total the Kirby series with 5 playable stages.

Now, we will move on to the next series. Today, we'll start with the Numbered Stage Poll for the Star Fox series. Remember, your voting for how many stages this series should have with the inclusion of the current playable stage Asteroid Field. By the way, there won't be no deadline for the Star Fox series. Reason is to test a new method into doing these polls to see how it works out. So the polls will just close when it dies out

So lets begin Very Happy

Here is my vote:
I vote for 4 stages. Not only cause we have 4 Star Fox reps on the roster, but also to rep the varieties of the series itself. This is how I view it. Asteriod Field reps as the Original Star Fox, 1 Star Fox 64 stage (a mix of Sector Z/Corneria), 1 Star Fox Adventure stage to rep the series first game to have non-rail shooting also something that fits the origins of Krystal and her characteristics, & 1 stage from Command or Assault that best compliments and represents Wolf. So yea, 4 stages for me
Back to top Go down
diego222
Level 4 CPU
diego222

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 10:24 pm

I'll vote for 5.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 2)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 34Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next