Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 12:06 pm

Actually, Tingle's stage not only get support cause we have Tingle playable, but because Tingle RupeeLand reps as the spin-off Zelda games as a whole.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 12:07 pm

perfecthell4 wrote:
So Ashley's manor gets outvoted under the logic that not every character needs their own stage, then in the vote IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING Tingle's stage gets in under the sole logic that he's a character and so should have a stage.
Tingle is different from Ashley in that he actually has his own spinoff games, whereas Ashley is a relatively minor character in what's already a spin-off series.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 5:53 pm

And somehow Tingle is more deserving of a stage than Ganondorf??
And don't try to say he already is by something like Ocarina Medley, because I can say Tingle is already repped in the same way by Great Sea
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 6:04 pm

perfecthell4 wrote:
And don't try to say he already is by something like Ocarina Medley, because I can say Tingle is already repped in the same way by Great Sea

It's true; Tingle's most prominent role in the Zelda seiries is arguably Wind Waker, where the player needed him to decipher treasure charts for the triforce of courage. Other than that his only other considerable roles are Majora's Mask, where all he did was sell you maps and fail at life, and Four Swords Adventures, where he MC'd the minigames. Ganondorf is the main antagonist of the whole series, and his stage (ganon's throne) is losing to TRL?

It makes me wonder.
Back to top Go down
Maikeru
Level 5 CPU
Maikeru

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 8:01 pm

MercuryHg34 wrote:
perfecthell4 wrote:

It's true; Tingle's most prominent role in the Zelda seiries is arguably Wind Waker, where the player needed him to decipher treasure charts for the triforce of courage. Other than that his only other considerable roles are Majora's Mask, where all he did was sell you maps and fail at life, and Four Swords Adventures, where he MC'd the minigames. Ganondorf is the main antagonist of the whole series, and his stage (ganon's throne) is losing to TRL?

It makes me wonder.

But every character does not need their own stage...
and isn't Ganon's throne the stage where you battle the original ganondorf in Oot? If so, all the stage does is crumble 1/3 of the stage and stays as is. Why would i want a stage like that in crusade?

Also, if you compare Ashley to Tingle: Ashley's first appearance was Warioware touched (DS). Before that, Tingle made quite a hefty of appearances back then and still is. Ashley feels like a complete new character to the warioware franchise (i only played GBA and the Gamecube version but i've never seen her much at all).

And how does one not mention of the Tingle Gameboy Advance feature in Wind Waker? It was awesome Smile
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 10:00 pm

I didn't vote for Ashley Manor because it's another mansion, we already have Luigi's Mansion... it wouldn't be unique.

As for Ganondorf, he has no interesting places for himself. Give him Hyrule Castle and he'll be happy.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 3:51 am

Tingle is to Zelda as Yoshi is to Mario.

Tingle could be considered his own series in Smash with his own series icon (rupee or something), same as Yoshi being considered his own separate series.

Most series get a stage.
Plus it'd give me a stage to play Pinkle's Song on.

That is why I voted for Tingle's Rupeeland.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 8:38 am

Very few mainstream Nintendo franchises have a spin-off series that stars a diferent protagonist without the involvement of the hero from the mainstream games. Tingle is an example of this existing minority. We have like 3 to 4 Mario spin-off series that have a stage, so can the Zelda series at least get 1?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 8:47 am

Either way; we should be choosing stages not for what they represent, but for their design. That's how I see it.

And Ganondorf already has a stage. Hyrule Castle 64.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 8:49 am

Quote :

But every character does not need their own stage...Exactly. Tingle especially.
and isn't Ganon's throne the stage where you battle the original ganondorf in Oot? If so, all the stage does is crumble 1/3 of the stage and stays as is. Why would i want a stage like that in crusade? A stage that falls apart as you fight on it isn't interesting? But yet a single mainstage with nothing at all happening on it is a favorite stage for most (FD), and you're calling Ganon's Throne uninteresting? In fact Ganon's Throne is more interesting than most stages currently in the game, if not all.

Also, if you compare Ashley to Tingle: Ashley's first appearance was Warioware touched (DS). Before that, Tingle made quite a hefty of appearances back then and still is. Ashley feels like a complete new character to the warioware franchise (i only played GBA and the Gamecube version but i've never seen her much at all). Tingle has simply been there though, he's never been interesting, cool, important, etc. He's one of the most annoying and useless characters in video game history

I still don't understand the push for Tingle. Tingle has only ever been popular in Japan, and i'm fairly certain that is not where this community is largely based. In the west, he is widely hated by gamers as confirmed by quite a few sources.
Proof of that:
Quote :
His dress, strange habits, and flamboyant personality are often perceived as annoying traits by gamers, and the character has been highly criticized in the West by critics, mostly by the gaming websites ScrewAttack, IGN and GameTrailers. In stark contrast, Tingle is one of the most popular Zelda characters in Japan, which is presumably what led to his many appearances in the series, as well as the spin-off titles in which he has the starring role.
From the Zelda wiki. Backs up exactly what I just said. How about some more western views of him:
Quote :
The editors at IGN did not like Tingle, in part because his role in The Wind Waker was an integral part of "tedious fetch quests". When development for what would later be called Twilight Princess began, IGN hoped that game directors Shigeru Miyamoto and Eiji Aonuma would not include the character, saying "we're not going to stand for him in another Zelda game". Cracked editor Tim Lovett listed Tingle as the seventh most annoying character in otherwise great games, criticizing him for being a general annoyance and his "Kooloo-Limpah" catchphrase. Tingle ranked sixth on GameDaily's top 10 ugliest game characters list, stating that his face looks out of place. GamesRadar described him as "Zelda's Jar Jar". Nintendo Power listed Tingle as one of the three weirdos, describing him as both a great cartographer as well as a "fully grown man in a green elf costume who rides a balloon and says, 'Tingle! Tingle! Kooloo-Limpah!'". He also appears in their Fashion Police segment of one issue, where people comment on his ridiculous outfit, such as one person commenting on him wearing his underwear on the outside.

In an interview with Electronic Gaming Monthly, director Eiji Aonuma stated that he had "found out some American people didn't like him very much" and ultimately decided not to include him in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

PALGN editor Matt Keller stated that Tingle was widely considered the weakest part of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.
^ Wikipedia. Each of those quotes is cited so if necessary I could pull up the original statements, but that shouldn't be necessary. The information is accurate.

IMO, he shouldn't even be on the roster to begin with. It's way too late to change that but he doesn't have to get a stage, nor does he deserve it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 9:02 am

On a roster with the Duck Hunt dog, Pacman, Bandana Dee, Phoenix Wright, Waluigi, Balloon Fighter, Ristar, Gooey and Scorpion, I doubt Tingle is hurting anything.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 9:04 am

Almost every character you named there is widely loved by the vast majority of gamers, and even the less popular ones aren't outright hated by gamers in general
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 9:25 am

Espervanilla wrote:
Either way; we should be choosing stages not for what they represent, but for their design.

I respectfully disagree with this statement. I think that what the stage represents is more of a priority than the layouts & designs. I say this cause good layouts and designs can be made for any stage, while only certain stages can represent a certain aspect of a series. Not saying that layouts and designs are not important, but I feel that only comes 2nd to representation.

@Perfecthell:

You have to also be aware that Japan is not the only country or continent where Tingle is well-recieved. Tingle is well liked in the Europe & Australia regions (which is called the PAL regions). So think about this. Sure Tingle is not well recieved in North America, which is one region. But, he is well recieved in 3 other regions with one of them being Nintendo's home base (Japan). So, 1 region's opinion against 3 others doesn't make him the most hated in gaming history. And on top of that, Tingle is not as hated as he used to be compared to the late 2000's. Mind you that there are frequent request for Tingle to be a SSB4 candidate as well.

Also, we already have pretty much repped most of the mainstream Zelda games with the choices of stages, so why leave out that other element that is the spin-off? It brings the diversity for the series, which is one of the things Smash is known for
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 9:45 am

I don't think the hate for Tingle has decreased much if at all. He's been excluded from newer games for that reason. He does not appear as an actual character in a lot of the newer games, with his last appearance as an actual character being in 2005 during The Minnish Cap.

I've been searching and searching for any proof of this PAL affection fro Tingle, and found nothing. Only one of three Tingle games was released in Europe, and noone ever really comments on European or Australian reception of the character, suggesting that these regions are highly indifferent to Tingle. Only Japan likes him.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 10:12 am

Actually, Tingle appears in Skyward Sword. He is a doll in Zelda's Room.

I'm going to search for more sources on the reception of the PAL regions.

In the meantime, does anyone want to add their votes or make any changes to it? I might conclude this topic tomorrow if necessary
Back to top Go down
Jak

Klonoa

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 10:13 am

perfecthell4 wrote:
I've been searching and searching for any proof of this PAL affection fro Tingle, and found nothing. Only one of three Tingle games was released in Europe, and noone ever really comments on European or Australian reception of the character, suggesting that these regions are highly indifferent to Tingle. Only Japan likes him.
It could as well mean that PAL regions don't hate Tingle.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 10:36 am

Jaklub wrote:
It could as well mean that PAL regions don't hate Tingle.
perfecthell4 wrote:
suggesting that these regions are highly indifferent to Tingle.

SmashKing201 wrote:
Actually, Tingle appears in Skyward Sword. He is a doll in Zelda's Room.
Perfecthell4 wrote:
He does not appear as an actual character in a lot of the newer games
Back to top Go down
Jak

Klonoa

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 10:45 am

It's only an assumption. The fact that there isn't much about Europeans and their opinions on Tingle doesn't mean they think the same as Americans.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 10:55 am

Here is one from the United Kingdom, which is part of the PAL region. This is a review of Tingle's Rupeeland, the only Tingle game to go international. Not to mention it is also from IGN, except its not Americans
http://ds.ign.com/articles/820/820671p2.html

Last edited by SmashKing201 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 10:56 am

Again, I did not say they think the same as Americans. I never said they hate Tingle.
Quote :
Indifferent: having no bias, prejudice, or preference; impartial.
They do not like OR dislike him
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 10:57 am

If the point of this conversation is to persuade people's votes, it's not working. If it's not, then...what is?
Just wondering.
Back to top Go down
Jak

Klonoa

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 10:57 am

perfecthell4 wrote:
Again, I did not say they think the same as Americans. I never said they hate Tingle.
Quote :
Indifferent: having no bias, prejudice, or preference; impartial.
They do not like OR dislike him
Sorry then, I have misunderstood you.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 11:00 am

@SK one reviewer from the UK doesn't represent the whole of UK gamers' opinions, especially since that reviews the gameplay itself and not Tingle as a character. On the other hand, I'm not shutting down that article. It certainly shows that Tingle is not hated, IMO it only serves to back me up that the UK is fairly indifferent towards him
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 11:06 am

Chaotic Chao wrote:
If the point of this conversation is to persuade people's votes, it's not working. If it's not, then...what is?
Just wondering.
I'm trying to show why Tingle is undeserving of a stage, and IMO undeserving of making the character roster HOWEVER it's too late to try to argue that, at this point that's just an opinion.

We can easily conclude (in a generalized fashion) that western gamers hate tingle, PAL gamers are indifferent towards him, and Japanese gamers like him (although I'm now reading that Tingle receives mixed reviews there, so even the Japanese aren't overly fond of him). He has 3 games, only one of which was released outside of Japan, and that was only released in the UK. His series is insignificant to such a point that it does not need representation.
There are much better stage options on the poll, and I'm urging others to change their Tingle vote to something more deserving and iconic. Which stage that is varies by user, but certainly stages like Ganon's Throne, Stone Temple, Twilight Realm, or one of the other 3 vote leaders are more deserving of your vote.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 12:39 pm

UPDATED ZELDA SERIES STAGE POLL as of 3/27/12 @ 2:00AM EST

Everyones additional & changed votes previous of this post has been added.

If you haven't voted or feel that you want to change your vote, do so now. The current deadline for this series stages will be the 28th of this month. Date may change depending on the activity of this topic.

If you want to add another candidate, feel free to do so. But, please notify on your post if it will be one of your votes or just simply a suggestion to add in.

WINNING CANDIDATES AT THIS POINT: Ocarina Medley, Palace of Winds, Tal Tal Heights, & Tingle RupeeLand

7 votes for Great Bay (Melee)

9 votes for Hyrule Temple (Melee)

2 votes for Ganon's Throne (Ocarina Of Time)

1 votes for Hyrule Fields (Ocarina Of Time)

8 votes for Skyloft (Skyward Sword)

1 votes for Pirate Fortress (Majora's Mask)

18 votes for Ocarina Medley (Transitional Temples: Forest, Fire, Water, Shadow, Spirit, Time)

12 votes for Palace Of Winds/Sky Palace (Vaati)

11 votes for Tal Tal Heights (Link's Awakening)

0 votes for Tingle Island (Tingle's Balloon Fight)

10 votes for Tingle RupeeLand stage (Tingle's RupeeLand)

3 votes for Sealed Grounds (Skyward Sword)

3 votes for Stone Tower Temple (Majora's Mask)

1 votes for Parapa Palace (Zelda II The Adventures Of Link)

1 votes for Ocean Temple (Spirit Tracks)

8 votes for Twilight Realm (Twilight Princess)

1 votes for Gerudo Valley (Ocarina of time)

1 votes for Overworld (Spirit Tracks)

1 votes for Ambi's Tower (Oracle of Ages)

1 votes for The Dark World (A Link To The Past)

0 votes for Kokiriko Village (Ocarina of Time)

3 votes for Thunderhead (Skyward Sword)
Back to top Go down
Yeti
Level 6 CPU
Yeti

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 1:41 pm

Changing My Votes
Hyrule Temple Melee
Twlight Realm
Stone Tower Temple
Great Bay
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 1:48 pm

Change my Skyloft and Pirate's Fortress votes to Tal Tal Heights and Palace of Winds.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 1:54 pm

COME ON RUPEELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 2:39 pm

Tal Tal Heights, if you lose I'll never play Link's Awakening again (I have both of the Oracle games anyway. Not to mention I'm kidding. Maybe)!
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 2:51 pm

Chaotic Chao wrote:
Tal Tal Heights, if you lose I'll never play Link's Awakening again (I have both of the Oracle games anyway. Not to mention I'm kidding. Maybe)!

Are you actually worried that Tal Tal Heights won't get in? The only stage that's really being debated is TRL vs Skyloft, Twilight Realm and Hyrule Temple (Melee). The other stages are pretty much secure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)   Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1) - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crusade Stage Roster Discussion (Part 1)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 25 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next