CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion Empty
PostSubject: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 4:43 pm

Quote :
The point of CrusaDLC is to add characters from unrepped series that didn't make it into the main roster. Hence, characters like DeMille and Lip, whose series weren't getting representation on the main roster, were going to be in DLC. Due to this, there would be very few characters from already repped series, likely coming down to one for each of Nintendo's big four series (Mario, Pokemon, LoZ, and Kirby) and possibly a Fire Emblem rep because there currently isn't a newcomer (I still count Roy as a veteran) and from what I can tell, a lot of people want a FE newcomer.

•Current Character Roster:
Characters:
-DeMille/Aretha (Tomato Adventure) (In by Dettadeus Personal Choice)
-Deoxys (Pokemon: Ruby and Sapphire) (Winner of the Pokemon DLC Poll)
-Meowth (Pokemon: Red and Blue) (Winner of the Pokemon DLC Poll)
Alts:

•Current Stage Roster:
*insert stage roster here*

The Character Roster will have a total of 25 characters and however many alts we see fit (alternate-form characters do not take up roster space).
The Stage Roster does not have a set limit at the moment. It's basically any stages we have available that can be put into the game.

CrusaDLC Poll Threads:
Thread 1. Thread 2.

Last edited by Dettadeus on Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:21 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 4:54 pm

IMO Dr. Mario should be an alt for Mario in the main game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 4:56 pm

I personally feel that Quote, Agumon, Shantae, Zant, and Petey would be great candidates.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 4:58 pm

...Right. Wow I entirely forgot that I have roster powers now.
That list was copied from the thread I had made in the Dev-BR back on the SSBCOF, with no changes made. Which is why it's like that.

THANK YOU NINJA SENSORS

@Generic: Quote could be in the main game if sprites become available. He'd definitely fit, and I highly doubt anyone would have objections to him being in.
Most of the others have gotten a bit of discussion from DMX, Falcon and Phantom. Petey in particular.
Back to top Go down
plasmis
Level 5 CPU
plasmis

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:05 pm

Hey! What about Isaac? He's probably the only character I will want as a DLC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:10 pm

plasmis wrote:
Hey! What about Isaac? He's probably the only character I will want as a DLC.
Because he should be a regular character, already in the game.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:11 pm

Isaac's likely to get on the main roster, which is why he isn't up there.

EDIT: O_o
THE NINJA SENSOR HAS FAAAAAAILLLLLLEDDDDDD MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
ZETSUBOU SHIROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Back to top Go down
plasmis
Level 5 CPU
plasmis

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:18 pm

Dettadeus wrote:
Isaac's likely to get on the main roster, which is why he isn't up there.

EDIT: O_o
THE NINJA SENSOR HAS FAAAAAAILLLLLLEDDDDDD MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
ZETSUBOU SHIROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YESH!!! SCORE one for the home team! Finally, I don't have to hide and run away from reality. xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 6:23 pm

Oh, Taizo Hori(Dig Dug) would be a cool DLC guy as well....heheh....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 6:38 pm

Dettadeus wrote:
•Current Character Roster:
Characters:
-DeMille/Aretha (Tomato Adventure) (In by Dettadeus Personal Choice)I personally don't like this idea. The two characters, I mean. I'd be all for DeMille by himself. But whatever. You do know this means no Minister, right? (On personal choice matters)
-Lip (Panel de Pon) (In by Nights Owl Personal Choice) She's not part of the team anymore, though. I would understand her getting a character if she was still with us.
Alts:
-Weegee (No Specific Representation..?) (In by Gigapichu Personal Choice) Why does he get a character? Also, why a meme spawned character? Weegee doesn't actually exist in game canon. Just the sprite he's based off of.
-Pichu (Pokemon Gold/Silver) (Melee-vet status) Supprt. As long as she's not a clone, and she's Spiky-Eared.
-Dr. Mario (Dr. Mario) (Melee-vet status) Alt, please.

•Current Stage Roster:
*insert stage roster here*

The Character Roster will have a total of 25 characters and however many alts we see fit (alternate-form characters do not take up roster space).
The Stage Roster does not have a set limit at the moment. It's basically any stages we have available that can be put into the game.

Pretty soon there'll be a massive poll for DLC characters; however, the main roster must be finalized before this happens so we know what characters still need to be added to DLC. Whoa, whoa, wait. You mean, we AREN'T using all the characters in Crusade already and expanding from there? We're starting from scratch?
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 6:48 pm

Again, I copied this right from my Dev-BR thread and didn't change anything. I should probably do something about that.

DeMille/Aretha was my personal choice because I assumed the Ancient Minister would be able to get in on popular vote (which is likely still the case), whereas DeMille is pretty unknown due to only being in one game that wasn't released outside of Japan. However, that one game set the style of the later Mario RPG games (Super Star Saga, Partners in Time, and Bowser's Inside Story) with its attack mini-game system, and has gotten pretty good reviews. Not to mention DeMille, even on his own, would be extremely unique considering what I have planned for him.

Even without Nights' personal choice affecting it, Lip would get in. She's popular enough.

GigaPichu got a character because he was a sub-dev. I gave him a choice so he'd continue to side with me on most issues, as well as spriting Ridley (massive project much?). He also had completed Weegee's spritesheet.

Oh come now, Golden. You know I was already de-cloning Pichu. Spikey-Eared, however, is another story. That would make Pichu cease to be a Melee rep because it's a different Pichu.

Dr. Mario is in the alt section. Therefore alt.

@Roster: Somewhere between 50 and 60 characters are going to stay from Crusade's current roster. There're quite a few characters that can be cut and replaced with better ones. Once we have finalized the roster, this roster discussion can really pick up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:00 pm

Dettadeus wrote:

GigaPichu got a character because he was a sub-dev. I gave him a choice so he'd continue to side with me on most issues, as well as spriting Ridley (massive project much?). He also had completed Weegee's spritesheet. Weegee's not even 4th Party, he's BEYOND that. He doesn't exist. Does that mean if I finished a spritesheet for Ashura the Hedgehog, he'll get in for sure?

Oh come now, Golden. You know I was already de-cloning Pichu. Spikey-Eared, however, is another story. That would make Pichu cease to be a Melee rep because it's a different Pichu. Then I guess Brawl Link and Brawl Zelda don't count as veterans either. They're different from their Melee counterparts. Anyways, it's no big deal either way. I just felt Spiky had more significance to Pokemon. No matter. As long as we get Pichu.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:10 pm

Pichu should be an alt, there's no need to make him a separate character.
Topic was covered in the chat room, and there's no delete button. WHY

Last edited by Cupcakes on Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:23 pm

Again, Toon Link should then be made an alt. And Paper Mario.
If not, that'd be hypocracy.

EDIT: Slashed because Generic asked me to.

Anyways, I feel that if Pichu is being decloned, it should not be an alt.

Last edited by GoldenYuiitusin on Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:25 pm

Different series treat their alts in different ways. Toon Link represents a different canon of the LoZ series. Paper Mario represents a different genre of the Mario games, as well as having its own canon separate from the mainstream Mario games. Pichu and Pikachu both represent parts of the main Pokemon games, which all run off of the same canon and storyline. They also represent two games whose canons are linked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:28 pm

That may be so, but there is nothing that proves that Smash Pichu is the same as Smash Pikachu. We can't just assume. That'd be like making Boshi an alt of Yoshi just because he's a rogue Yoshi.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 8:34 pm

Out of all the gaming characters he picks Weegee?!? How is this even acceptable? I really don't see this choice getting a lot of votes honestly. But only time will tell.

Lip would be awesome. I think we should add Muddy Mole also if he doesn't make it to the main roster. Takamaru & Duck Hunt Dog if they dont make it to the main roster also.

IMO, Dr. Mario shouldn't even be on this poll. he should be the alt for Mario.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 8:48 pm

Dr. Mario isn't on the poll. He is the alt for Mario. What's in the OP is "confirmed" stuff.
*is about to fix the OP*
*has fixed the OP*
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:01 pm

Dettadeus wrote:
Dr. Mario isn't on the poll. He is the alt for Mario. What's in the OP is "confirmed" stuff.
*is about to fix the OP*
*has fixed the OP*

I'm fine with this. Even though a Mortal Kombat rep is not necessary to be on the main roster, do you feel that we can at least consider someone like Scorpion for the DLC poll? Or is there too much against him ever being playable that disqualifies him?
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:06 pm

I'd probably cut him from the roster then plop him on the poll and see if people want him.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:11 pm

Dettadeus wrote:
I'd probably cut him from the roster then plop him on the poll and see if people want him.

Yea, this sounds reasonable if anything.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 10:59 pm

Added "Current Potentials" section.
Quote :
Current potentials for the Character Roster:
-Quote (Cave Story)
-Currently undecided Final Fantasy representative (Final Fantasy)
-Dark Matter (Kirby)

When you suggest a character that makes sense but probably won't fit on the roster then it'll go in this section. Once it hits 50 or so I'm going to do a massive poll.
If there are characters that should be on here already, remind me, since it's kinda midnight where I am.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:24 am

Cupcakes wrote:
I personally feel that Agumon, Shantae, Zant, and Petey would be great candidates.
And the Dig Dug rep
Also, Nightmare>Dark Matter, because Nightmare came first.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:51 am

I say these would be good candidates:

Mario series: Rosalina (if she is removed) & either Geno or P.Mario (I feel only 1of them should be on the main roster to rep the RPG [how about a poll between the 2 to see who goes to the main and whose DLC candidate?])

Zelda series: Tingle, even though I would love to have Midna (imp/human)

Pokemon series: either Meowth or Deoxys, depends on the poll.

Kirby series: Dark Matter or Nightmare, not sure which. This should be on a poll to decide which 2 should be DLC.

Fire Emblem series: Not sure to be honest. Think we should have a separate poll to decide who will be DLC. Candidate for that poll: Micaiah, Hardin, Black Knight, Hector, Lyndis

Non-repped series:

Starfy (legend of starfy)
Ray MK (custom robo)
Chibi Robo (chibi robo)
Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
Andy (Advance Wars)

3rd party:
Spyro (spyro series)
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)

Thats all I have for now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 6:34 am

0² wrote:
Cupcakes wrote:
I personally feel that Agumon, Shantae, Zant, and Petey would be great candidates.
And the Dig Dug rep
Also, Nightmare>Dark Matter, because Nightmare came first.
I agree, however, Dark Matter is easier to work with, and it saves up if we want to use Soul Calibur's Nightmare.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 9:30 am

As for Nightmare in Crusade (DLC). He is a Namco rep. Pac Man alone is perfect to rep the company as a whole in my opinion. Its Not that Im Strongly Against having a 2nd Namco rep, but I doubt its much needed either.
Back to top Go down
Excalibur
Level 4 CPU
Excalibur

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:31 pm

Forgot to put up that old DLC list we were making before:

1. Haggar
2. Nightmare
3. Shantae
4. Glover
5. Frogger
6. Spyro
7. Agumon
8. Ryu Hayabusa
9. Heavy
10. Phoenix Wright
11. Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
12. Lloyd Irving or Jude Mathis (From Tales of Xillia)
13. Sukapon
14. Harkinian
15. Duck Hunt Dog
16. Arthur (From ghosts ‘n Goblins)
17. Metal Sawnik
18. Skull Kid
19. Slime
20. Klonoa
21. Rayman
22. Sackboy
23. Sly Cooper
24. Andy
25. King Hippo

If there is any errors, such as some characters are here that are already on the roster, I apologize in advance, since this has just been copy/pasted.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Level 7 CPU
Leo

Link

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:08 pm

*Joins* Well, let me see...
That list is fine. What characters have no sprites or base to work on?
Also, will I get in verterans?, I joined in december of 2010 on the first forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:11 pm

Responses:

Excalibur wrote:

1. Haggar
Should be on the main roster.
Quote :
2. Nightmare
Specify if from Kirby or Soul Calibur plz
Quote :
8. Ryu Hayabusa
I'd perfer it if he was on the main roster, but whatever.
Quote :
9. Heavy
Never been on a Nintendo console.
Quote :
10. Phoenix Wright
Should be on the main roster.
Quote :
11. Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
YESSSSSSSSS
Quote :
12. Lloyd Irving or Jude Mathis (From Tales of Xillia)
Why not Cless?
Quote :
21. Rayman
I don't see why he couldn't be on the main roster...I mean, he's already extremely unique. Represents a good franchise. And IMO the main roster should have at least one non-limbed character(aside from Gooey) and Rayman takes the cake. And it'd be weird to have two DLC characters who don't have arms/legs.
Quote :
22. Sackboy
23. Sly Cooper
Never been on a Nintendo console.

And to answer your questions, 85, TRC-Veterans are people from a secret forum we had a bit ago.
That you were never on.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Level 7 CPU
Leo

Link

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:15 pm

0² wrote:

And to answer your questions, 85, TRC-Veterans are people from a secret forum we had a bit ago.
That you were never on.
Ah, I see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion   CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

CrusaDLC Pre-Development Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next