Development Team Reorganization

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

Development Team Reorganization Empty
PostDevelopment Team Reorganization

Hey all, this is Dettadeus with an important announcement pertaining to the future of Super Smash Brothers Crusade's development.
This is the first of a few announcements, so make sure to stay tuned over the next few weeks as we make the rest of them.

Today, I'll be going over the reorganization of the development team system we have in place. Currently, the teams are fairly disorganized, the important content (sprites) is sitting out in the open for people to steal, and it's generally hard for us to get moving. There's also a lot of information stuck behind closed doors which should be available to content creators such as Spriters but isn't currently.
At this time, the team hierarchy goes something like this: Main Development Team, including admins, all coders, and a couple spriters, the Spriting Team, consisting of people who create the character and stage sprites which appear in the game, the Audio Team, which is mixed between composers and voice actors, and the Balancing Team. Only the Main Development Team has access to the behind-closed-doors information, which can pose an issue, for example, if spriters are doing something they shouldn't because they don't actually know they shouldn't be doing it.

The teams will be reorganized as thus:
-Main Development Team: Unaltered from before. Includes Jaklub, Dettadeus, GigaPichu, Dry, Smash King, Mp3 Toaster, and StayPuft.
-Development Team: This team will include users who we feel are trustworthy enough to handle some of the information which is currently hidden, and whose opinions we feel would be valuable in certain discussions. They will have access to almost everything in the hidden boards.
-Spriting Team: Basically the same as before. However, the Spriting Board will be moved into the hidden development boards. The team may also be split into Character Spriters and Stage Spriters, with the ability to be a member of both. Your team membership will give you access to the appropriate spriting boards.
The rest of the teams will remain unchanged, as either there aren't issues with having their work public (as is the case with the Audio Team), or their boards are already private (as is the case with the Balancing Team).

As can be somewhat inferred from this change, we are beginning to shy away from the "community project" idea. As well as this worked in the past, we are now aiming for a higher standard of quality. Applications for most of the teams will still be open (the Balancing Team is currently closed until further notice) but the application process will likely be different for each team, especially the Spriting Team.

Thank you for your time, and again, check back soon for the next announcement!
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Share this post on: reddit

Development Team Reorganization :: Comments

Re: Development Team Reorganization
Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:55 pm by SP
Surprised no one has commented yet.
I do believe this is for the best, since "community" was basically defined as "one person brings up a half-decent idea and everyone leeches onto that idea until something better is suggested".
GamingGryffindor
Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:31 pm by GamingGryffindor
honestly don't like it, because of the spriting team thing. why don't you just make it where yu have to be registered and have made 200-300 posts to see the board.. this is unfair to those of who want to give critique or help with sprites just because of a few sprite stealing jerks.
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:08 pm by Super Smash Bros Crusade
Axel meets Vanellope wrote:
honestly don't like it, because of the spriting team thing. why don't you just make it where yu have to be registered and have made 200-300 posts to see the board.. this is unfair to those of who want to give critique or help with sprites just because of a few sprite stealing jerks.

The critique of 15 people who don't know how to sprite is generally less helpful than of 2 people who do know how.

Dev Team members will have access to the spriting board, meaning it won't just be spriters providing comments on the work.
C_Mill24
Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:41 pm by C_Mill24
So everything essentially is being transformed into the same kind of development team that McLeod-gaming has?
Gamey DJ
Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:49 pm by Gamey DJ
So .... I can't sprite for you guys no more.... Sad
(and yes I READ the Note)
Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:51 pm by SP
We never said you couldn't help. You can always put stuff you're working on and wanting inclusion in the art boards (yes, they exist), and could always try out for the spriting team when we finish making applications for that (unless something else comes up).
DangerMD (Senor)
Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:54 pm by DangerMD (Senor)
The Invisible Man wrote:
We never said you couldn't help. You can always put stuff you're working on and wanting inclusion in the art boards (yes, they exist), and could always try out for the spriting team when we finish making applications for that (unless something else comes up).

Just what i wanted to hear! thanks!
Smash King
Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:13 pm by Smash King

Yes, for those of you who want to be spriters for Crusade and join the team, there are two options for the time being.

1. Wait till a Spriter's Application is developed and apply successfully.

2. Create a Art Thread on The Canvas Boards located within the Arts & Entertainment Boards in General Discussions/Activities Forum.
Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:14 pm by Guest
Just wanted to say thanks a lot guys for considering me for the dev team. It really means a lot, and can motivate me to get back to work on stages.
Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:25 am by Guest
So when am I going to attain admin status?

Am I just not being enough of a sycophant?
NyxTheShield
Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:31 am by NyxTheShield
Yah, hide the stuff, that will totally solve the problem of inactivity Very Happy
Smash King
Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:09 pm by Smash King

For those of you who want to try to get some recognition as a spriter, the Blur Fixing Thread is available for the public in The Canvas section of Arts & Entertainment Board within the General Discussion/Activities part of the forum.

Working on that can possibly help you get acknowledgement from the Spriting Team to eventually be on the team as well if they feel your a reliable contributor.
Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:47 pm by Guest
I made the base for sprite for Scorpion, while The Blue Psychic is animating them, I'm not sure if that get's us in since we're supposed to be working as a team.
Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:31 pm by Guest
Soldiershak wrote:
I made the base for sprite for Scorpion, while The Blue Psychic is animating them, I'm not sure if that get's us in since we're supposed to be working as a team.
Don't worry about it Shak. I'll send you my animations for your critique, and you can send me any animations that you do so I can post them. Since they are done by you, you'll get credit, and might eventually get promoted.
rjones1325
Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:19 pm by rjones1325
Well bummer I liked to compliment everyone's work on the sprites page
Ganonthegreat
Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:47 am by Ganonthegreat
Umm, despite being in the Spriting Team the board has not appeared for me.

Also if you want fresh talent, giving people almost zero openings to join the team is not the way to go about it.
Dr. CanadianBacon
Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:14 am by Dr. CanadianBacon
Ganon Fodder wrote:

Also if you want fresh talent, giving people almost zero openings to join the team is not the way to go about it.
People can still make sprites, and put them in the artist section thing, then can apply for being a spriter as well :p
Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:08 am by Guest
Ganon Fodder wrote:

I think it's because you're not a dev anymore.
Ganonthegreat
Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:08 am by Ganonthegreat
Mr. Mistress wrote:
Ganon Fodder wrote:

I think it's because you're not a dev anymore.
Yet I still have a red name.
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:10 am by Super Smash Bros Crusade
I haven't quite finished the permissions on the boards yet. You should be able to see it soon.
Ganonthegreat
Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:59 am by Ganonthegreat
Dettadeus wrote:
I haven't quite finished the permissions on the boards yet. You should be able to see it soon.
Okay, thanks Smile

I really need to get back ino spriting soon too.
Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:41 am by Guest
BluePsychic wrote:
Soldiershak wrote:
Don't worry about it Shak. I'll send you my animations for your critique, and you can send me any animations that you do so I can post them. Since they are done by you, you'll get credit, and might eventually get promoted.
Ok, that sounds cool, I'm almost finished fixing up the idle animation
ensane
Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:41 pm by ensane
Seems good to me (a week late)
Post  by Sponsored content

Development Team Reorganization

Page 1 of 1