Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SP

cellularSP

Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 4:48 pm

Dustination wrote:
This thread belongs in the wall of shame so if I was a major Spyro supporter I'd make a new one asap before Dust moves it

ok

Name: Spyro the Dragon
Origin: Spyro the Dragon (1998) [Playstation 1]
Most recent appearance: Skylanders: Superchargers (2015) [various platforms]
Nintendo appearances:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spyro is a small, purple dragon that first appeared on the original Playstation in 1998. He has had games fairly frequently since his introduction, and while he hasn’t had a game specifically tied to him since 2011, he has been seen playable in the most recent Skylanders game (released in 2015), making him relevant to this day. Spyro is a recognizable character that has quite a few fans. Spyro’s original Playstation debut was loved by many. Afterwards, Spyro’s games ranged in quality from decent to poor. Spyro had a reboot in 2006 with the Legends series, re-telling Spyro’s origins, following a more darker-tone than previous entries. These games were received well and once again breathed life into the Spyro franchise. After the Legends trilogy, Spyro moved onto what started the toys-to-life genre of gaming in Skylanders. While most feel mixed about Skylanders as a franchise, you cannot deny how popular it has been and how influential it is (inspiring Disney Infinity, amiibo, and LEGO Dimensions, not to mention what else is to come). This legacy makes Spyro a well-recognizable video game character that I feel needs to be included.

Due to being a small quadruped dragon, Spyro has the opportunity to stand out from other fighters, similar to how Ivysaur did in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Spyro’s abilities include a variety of breath attacks linked to elements, and other melee-based abilities with his wings, claws, and horns.

I originally made a moveset for Spyro a while back, but it had pretty big influences from the original Spyro series, with little acknowledgement of the Legends series or the Skylanders games. I’ll re-post what I made previously, but I have plans to look into what Spyro can do in those different games to see if I can change anything.

Moveset
Spoiler:

What are your thoughts on Spyro? Do you want to see him in Crusade? Do you have any suggestions for how he would play? Let the people know down below!

Supporters:

Last edited by SP on Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:41 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 5:39 pm

Support lol ofc, dont even play Spyro but he needs to be in

The moveset is really cool in that it's totally a dragon moveset as well as being Spyro. I can't speak for it's originality since I've never played Spyro. I like the Sparx mechanic, maybe involve them a little more.

Overall good thread SP, glad you've saved it
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 6:08 pm

Definite support, of course. Not sure on how I would improve the moveset at all... it's pretty good as is.
Back to top Go down
eris27100
Level 3 CPU
eris27100

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 6:19 pm

If I hadn't before suport
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 7:21 pm

Really great all around. Support.

Lego Shaq wrote:
I like the Sparx mechanic, maybe involve them a little more.
There's not much more one could do with Sparx. In the games, he literally does what he does in this moveset; he's functionally a talking health indicator. It's a neat detail, but I'm not sure there's anything else Sparx could be used for.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 9:14 pm

Well it'd be weird to have Crash and not Spyro right?

support
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 1:34 am

I'll throw in my support. Spyro is iconic after all.
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 5:22 pm

Just going to say that i still support. lol
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 6:54 pm

SUPPORT!
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 7:13 pm

support
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 7:33 pm

Cool! He has my support!
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 8:03 pm

Support. I like the moveset quite a bit, and Spyro is a classic character that would be great to see.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 8:53 pm

Not bad the idea.

So, support XD
Back to top Go down
Sk00ps

Sk00ps

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 9:45 pm

Supporrting all teh way!
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 11:54 pm

Support
Back to top Go down
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 5:41 am

Now I haven't played Spyro since I was like six, but I remember enjoying it.
The moveset sounds pretty cool so I support!
Back to top Go down
sluigi123
Level 3 CPU
sluigi123

PAC-MAN
  Sluigi123

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 12:11 am

I remember playing playing a Spyro game back in like 2001. I'm giving support to this 110%! Wink
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 11:53 am

And another Support
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 3:32 pm

Sort of a Bump

Here's the Non-Shamed thread. Instant support. I remember growing up with Spyro, and he would be an interesting character (Also one of the 2 Dragons I want in Crusade)

Edit: Strange that the Dragon-esque characters that I want are all Purple (Including Ridley)
Back to top Go down
Jexulus
Level 3 CPU
Jexulus

Jexulus

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 4:57 pm

Support, for no other reason than Crash needs his classic rival.

I like that moveset design, though: a character designed around damage racking is pretty cool. Kind of like Mii Swordfighter, but trades the disjoint the sword provides with greater aerial presence.

I didn't grow up with a Playstation, so I have no experience with Spyro games. I'd love to provide moveset feedback, but I won't pretend I understand Spyro well enough to have anything meaningful to say. Good luck, though!
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 6:21 pm

Support. Spyro was one of my favorite games as a kid. Moveset looks good too.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 6:57 pm

I support Spyro
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Broke The Screeen
Level 3 CPU
Broke The Screeen

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 4:45 am

Support
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 12:04 pm

Support.
Back to top Go down
Lockhead
Level 1 CPU
Lockhead

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 7:27 pm

Support
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 6:43 am

woah stuff happened in this thread

updated the OP with the new supporters
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 10:02 am

Crash without Spyro doesn't feel right. Support.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Spyro (Spyro series) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1