The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all. BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all. Empty
PostSubject: The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all.   The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all. EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 10:56 am

The Metroid series obviously needs more reps. But of all options, I am surprised no one has thought of this yet.

The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all. Latest?cb=20071202052449

The Metroid is the main enemy in the Metroid series. It was created by the Chozo and has the ability to drain the foe's health and float. By contrast, one baby Metroid befriended Samus Aran upon hatching, and this little baby is one of the things that develops the story of the Metroid series. So, it DOES have some significance, but how would it fare in smash?

The Metroid (Wow, I started tree sentances the same way...) should be a light character, able to jump three (Or five, dunno how OP that would be though.) times and float in mid-air. To nerf this, it's air game should be pretty bad, forcing it to fight on the ground. Also, I imagine that if it would get hit by an attack while floating, it would fall into a helpless state like if it just used it's Up B. It should have a mix of mid-range and close-ranged attacks that, while quick, don't deal that much damage. Let's have a look.

A jab: The Metroid lays on it's side and tries leeching the life out of the enemy in front of it, resulting in a flurry attack with no finisher. Every few seconds it will heal the Metroid with 1%, making it very unique.

Side Tilt: This time, the Metroid spins around 360 degrees, a la Ness's Nair, hitting the target with 4 consecutive hits. Deals a maximum of 8 damage, and is really quick.

Up Tilt: I dunno. Maybe some jump upwards like bowser's up smash? Slow, but has decent knockback.

Down Tilt: The Metroid sticks it's teeth out to the side very quickly, poking the enemy and dealing 4% damage, healing the Metroid with 2%

Up Smash: The Metroid flips on it's back, teeth pointed upwards, and chomps on anyone above it. Has a pathetic range, but deals and drains massive damage upon hitting.

Down Smash: I think you'll have to use your imagination for this one. The Metroid first grabs a Chozo while charging that it holds in it's mouth. Then, he slams it down on the ground in front of him, like Robin's Down smash in SSB4. After this, the Chozo disappears. They could also add a second, horizontal hit like Link's Side Smash, with more knockback. This attack can also meteor smash if used at a ledge.

Side Smash: The Metroid charges forward, mouth first, chomping like Pac-Man. If it hits an enemy, it carries them with it until the move's end, where they will be launched. This move has a pretty long cooldown and drains health, but not as much as the up smash, neither does it do as much damage. It does have some good range and knockback.

Neutral Air: A quick spin, which is weak and has pathetic knockback, but can be pulled of very quickly and doesn't last very long.

Forward Air: A weak headbutt. That's it.

Back Air: A chomp backwards, useful for finishing off opponents off-screen. Probably the best aerial the Metroid has, but it doesn't deal much damage and only heals 1-2%

Up Air: By flipping over and spinning, this move deals some decent damage to foes above him, as it juggles the foe upwards. Does not drain any health, though.

Down Air: The Metroid chomps down on anything below it. It should have a long startup and cooldown, but drain a devastating amount of damage to the target below: Maybe 15%?

Before I get into specials...you know how Bowser J.r borrowed some moves from other sources, like hazards and Bowser's hammers? I think the Metroid could have the same kind of specials, with moves from the boss battle with Mother Brain in the original Metroid.

Neutral B: Rinka. The Metroid shoots an Energy-based Ring projectile that can be angled into 8 different directions. If it hits a wall, it will bounce off of it and it's range will reset, making it devastating in stages like Temple.

Side B: Health Drain. By lunging forwards and grabbing on to anyone in range, similar to Diddy Kong's Monkey Flip, you can mash B to drain massive amounts of health from them. For the opponent to get rid of the Metroid, they have to mash the D-pad until they are free. If the Metroid is trying to drain health while the opponent gets loose, it will be startled and open for attacks. However, if the player doesn't mash B when the opponent gets free, they will get right back on their feet. Or...teeth? I dunno.

Down B: Laser Brain OR Metroid Larva. The Laser Brain has the Metroid firing a colorful beam that has decent range, deals insane amounts of damage and lasts for about 4 seconds. However, there is no cancelling the move, which means the Metroid is very vulnerable from the back. It also has a slightly longer delay than, say, the Rinka. The Metroid Larva, a hint to the Metroid Larva in Metroid II, is a mix of a counter and Ness's PSI magnet: Healing it from any attacks but doesn't deal damage to the foe. It does not get healed from Projectiles, however.

Up B: Kihunter. Like the name suggests, this move has the Metroid latching onto a Kihunter, which flies upwards a bit before flying off without the Metroid and leaves it to fall down. If an enemy appears in front of the Kihunter, it will drop the Metroid and start attacking the enemy viciously instead. Similar to the Villager's Balloon Trip, the Kihunter will die if you attack it enough times. If the Kihunter is too big to animate or something, there's also the option of having a Reo lift it instead of a Kihunter.

SUPER METROID SPOILERS

Final Smash: Giant Metroid.

This may seem like a bit of a cop-out now, but hear me out, K? What a Face Good. So, the Metroid turns into the giant Metroid from the end of Super Metroid and dashes forwards really quickly. If it hits one person, the Metroid will latch onto them and drain their health until the Metroid's percentage is at 0%. This means that the more damage the Metroid has taken, the more damage this final smash will deal. If the Metroid has taken 90% damage, it will be healed and 90% damage will be added to the opponent's score, which practically guarantees a kill. Since the Metroid is a very light character, it's pretty hard to have a high percentage like this and not get knocked out, making this even more satisfying when it kills.

SUPER METROID SPOILERS OVER.

Other things!

Entrance: The Metroid sits in it's container from Super Metroid, before breaking free and letting out it's cry from that exact game.

Taunt: Either one of the moves that didn't make it into it's Down B: Flashing the Brain Laser around, or hiding in a Metroid Larva for a brief moment.

The Idle animations should be showing of more of the Metroid's "Cute" side, from being with samus.
Idle 1: The Metroid chomps with it's teeth, getting ready for battle.
Idle 2: It floats back and forth for a while, like a cradle.
Idle 3: The Metroid's teeth get stuck in the ground (Somehow), and it struggles with this for a while before it goes back to normal.

I think this would be a surprise addition. I also know that people will probably hate me for submitting this and think that this is "Gimmicky" or "Stupid".  And to that I say...Duck Hunt Dog.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! cheers

Last edited by Mellon on Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:27 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Typos...)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all.   The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all. EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 12:48 pm

a metroid works perfectly as an assist trophy. it makes complete contextual sense.

y'all need to stop trying to force more metroid reps in. the series is perfectly represented with samus and ridley
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all.   The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all. EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 9:41 am

Guest wrote:
a metroid works perfectly as an assist trophy. it makes complete contextual sense.

y'all need to stop trying to force more metroid reps in. the series is perfectly represented with samus and ridley

Little Mac works perfectly as an assist trophy. it makes complete contextual sense.

Also, your "Force Metroid Reps in, the series is perfectly represented." argument is invalid. Do you not realize Sakurai has done this a number of times before? D.r Mario, Pichu, Rosalina and Dark pit are just some examples. I'm not saying these are bad characters, but they did NOT need to be in the game, as the series was perfectly represented without them.

With that in mind, the bloody game franchise is named after these things. Do they not deserve some attention? Tingle got in Crusade and he didn't appear until the fifth game in the Zelda series.
Back to top Go down
Gamey DJ
Level 6 CPU
Gamey DJ

nah

PostSubject: Re: The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all.   The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all. EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 2:05 pm

Okay not sure about this one. To me having this little guy in sounds silly due to his lack of feet and hands, but the metroid series could use another rep and he is very memorable.

I'm gonna go ahead and say no. Because I (in my opinion) would like this character better as an assist trophy due to lack of original moves except sucking the life outta things. Sorry. But if this were to get in, then I think him floating for a stance is better than being on the floor, and it should be able to jump five times like kirby. Since he does fly in his original game. Good presentation by the way.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all.   The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all. EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 3:44 pm

Mellon, I'm sorry but I will also have to say no.

Little Mac, Tingle, Ridley and Samus are, unlike metroids, actual characters. They have way more characterization, personality and distinct abilities. Metroid being an assist trophy makes sense because it really cannot do much, and because it hasn't have any characterization.

As for Sakurai, he has done his fair share of nonsence, and we have to reason to do the same. "Sakurai did it" is no justification for anything. Crusade is, and aspires to be, it's own game.
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all.   The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all. EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 4:34 am

Yes, yes, I know it was a fairy dumb suggestion. But I just wanted to point out that it IS possible to have another Metroid rep. A lack of attacking moves hasn't stopped anyone so far: You guys were even able to add the Duck Hunt Dog before Smash 4 and all that thing did was laugh, crawl and occasionally catch a duck. I agree that the Metroid should be able to jump five times, I just don't know how OP that would be. I don't usually suggest characters that are 100% necessary, but instead I try to find some fun characters that weren't given enough love and show everyone just how useful they might be...

EXEPT FOR GROVYLE, THAT DUDE SHOULD TOTALLY BE IN. 

Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all.   The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all. EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 6:26 am

Metroid is already in the game, what are you talking about Kappa
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all.   The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all. EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 11:10 am

Not as a playable character...
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all.   The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all. EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 11:17 am

SP is referring to the old Metroid joke where Samus is mistaken for Metroid because of the game's title. Almost like Link who's often mistaken for Zelda by none LoZ fans.
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all.   The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all. EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 11:51 pm

Ooooh, okay.

HAH.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all.   The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all. EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 1:21 pm

I say no to this character.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all.   The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all. EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 3:45 pm

You'd have a better case for one specific Metroid.
The titular Super Metroid. The Hatchling. The Baby. Whatever you want to call it.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all.   The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all. EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 1:03 pm

I think the Metroid series is fine with just Samus, Zero-Suit Samus, & Ridley. If I were to suggest an extra character, it would probably be Adam Malkovich, but with his limited materials it would feel kinda forced. This Metroid idea is an example of forcing in a character for the sake of representation. I feel what we have now does its justice.
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all.   The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all. EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 4:13 am

Okay, okay, I get it. This may have been kind of "forced", but if you look at most of the other series's roster, they mostly have the same three people: The Hero, a Bad guy and someone in-between (Antihero, helper, princess etc.) Mario, Zelda and Kirby are some examples (Mario, Peach and Bowser, Link, Zelda and Ganondorf, Kirby, Meta Knight and DDD) and so far...Metroid has all but the "in-between part." I COULD have made a topic about Adam, but 1: I haven't played Other M, 2: I want to forget Other M happened and 3: He doesn't represent the series too well. Like I, and most of you guys said, this may be forced, but at least it would work.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all.   The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all. EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 4:26 am

You do know it's kinda like suggesting a koopa troopa or a badnik to be playable, right?
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all.   The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all. EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 8:28 pm

Mellon wrote:
Okay, okay, I get it. This may have been kind of "forced", but if you look at most of the other series's roster, they mostly have the same three people: The Hero, a Bad guy and someone in-between (Antihero, helper, princess etc.) Mario, Zelda and Kirby are some examples (Mario, Peach and Bowser, Link, Zelda and Ganondorf, Kirby, Meta Knight and DDD) and so far...Metroid has all but the "in-between part." I COULD have made a topic about Adam, but 1: I haven't played Other M, 2: I want to forget Other M happened and 3: He doesn't represent the series too well. Like I, and most of you guys said, this may be forced, but at least it would work.

So are you suggesting that we need to balance out our characters that have definite/fluid morality and clear roles with a character that has barely any importance on it's own?
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all.   The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all. EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 7:50 am

HypeConduit wrote:
So are you suggesting that we need to balance out our characters that have definite/fluid morality and clear roles with a character that has barely any importance on it's own?

No. Sorry for having an idea.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all.   The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all. EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 8:09 am

Mellon wrote:
HypeConduit wrote:

No. Sorry for having an idea.

We also apologise for being honest and straightfoward with you. Apparently you can't handle it.
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all.   The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all. EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 10:24 am

Apology accepted. Excuse me for acting like I couldn't "handle it".
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all.   The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all. EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 1:10 pm

Mellon wrote:

It's ok. We all go through that kind of stuff. Smile
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all.   The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all. EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 3:52 pm

Slissith wrote:
Mellon wrote:

Yeah dude, don't sweat it. There's just better oppurtunities out there. sunny
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all.   The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all. EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 5:08 am

HypeConduit wrote:
Slissith wrote:
Mellon wrote:

Yeah dude, don't sweat it. There's just better opportunities out there. sunny

Yep, everyone learns from their mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all.   The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all. Empty

Back to top Go down

The "Super" Metroid (Metroid series) discussion: The title says it all.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1