Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Discussion    Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Discussion  EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 3:04 pm

Does anyone even like this game? Just a thought, because I actually love this game.
It's one of my top 5 sonic games. tongue

-Yes i'm aware of all the glitches.
-Yes i'm aware it was rushed.
-Yes i'm aware everyone hates it.

I'm not trying to convince anyone to like it, but i'm curious on why people hate it so much.

I personally don't mind the glitches and like with most game with an abundance of them (I can't think of any atm), I just view them as challenges I have to overcome which make the game harder and fun to learn IMO.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Discussion    Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Discussion  EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 3:06 pm

I actually don't dislike the game either, I played the multiplayer when I was very young. Nice memory.

But people hate it because..

-How extremely rushed it is
-The glitches are plain out gamebreaking
-Sonic's in love with a human girl for some reason
-It tried to be the edgy reboot Shadow the Hedgehog was

I'm sure there's more though.
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Discussion    Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Discussion  EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Honestly, I feel like people just expected too much (which was expected at the time) but with every single game I have played to date I do not expect the game to be the end all be all. People just give this game to much hate, at least to me. Okay
Back to top Go down
Nintensis
Level 4 CPU
Nintensis

jmf72115

PostSubject: Re: Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Discussion    Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Discussion  EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 7:42 pm

Wasn't it rushed by the people?.... SO WE RUINED THE GAME?!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXcP_rB2DD03kDVk4qGFgpQ
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Discussion    Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Discussion  EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 8:10 pm

Actually it was rushed to be out before Christmas.

That's why it's glitchtastic.
Back to top Go down
deepstate
Level 3 CPU
deepstate

PostSubject: Re: Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Discussion    Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Discussion  EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 8:26 pm

sonic 06 is not a well designed game in the first place on top of literally not working properly. there are times when glitches can enhance a game's experience but not when a game completely disregards any form of cohesive level design or fluid mechanics

really it's one of those games that's not "so bad it's good" or "so bad it's funny", it's just bad, and not worth talking about to the extent that people have. i've never been a sonic fan so i never got to experience the disappointment on its release, but at face value it's a pretty standard rushed, crappy shovelware game that would have otherwise been forgotten had it not bore the legacy of a beloved franchise
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Discussion    Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Discussion  EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 9:51 pm

It's really funny because no matter which way you look at it this is one of the worst games ever created yet people still go out of their way to defend it for no other reason I can see than 'everyone else hates it and I'm different.' Arguably in minor cases nostalgia I'm sure like in lego shaq's case but there is literally no way to defend this game being good.

And before anyone accuses me of being a parrot I actually did play the entirety of sonic's story and a little bit of the other two
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
deepstate
Level 3 CPU
deepstate

PostSubject: Re: Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Discussion    Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Discussion  EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 3:43 am

i don't get the hate bandwagon myself though, in any walmart bargain bin you can find 3d platformers of equal or poorer quality and yet it's only the one with the most recognizable face that gets singled out

it's just a regular old bad game and it's not remotely worth the 20 minute extensive youtube critical analyses people have subjected it to, tbh.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Discussion    Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Discussion  EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 1:48 pm

your goth gf wrote:
i don't get the hate bandwagon myself though, in any walmart bargain bin you can find 3d platformers of equal or poorer quality and yet it's only the one with the most recognizable face that gets singled out

it's just a regular old bad game and it's not remotely worth the 20 minute extensive youtube critical analyses people have subjected it to, tbh.
The problem is is that it was so hyped and it was going to reboot Sonic, one of the most popular gaming series, and what it's done has not yet been lifted from Sonic.

It stands out because of what it was going to be; reboot Sonic, and it obviously failed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Discussion    Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Discussion  Empty

Back to top Go down

Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1