Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 1:07 pm

Discuss whether or not you think Wolf should be added to Super Smash Bros. Crusade.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 8:09 pm

Well, bout him, there's no trouble about his moveset, because, he differentiates perfect from Fox and Falco.

However, for his Final Smash, here's my only change:

-Final Smash: Star Wolf Attack: Wolf summons the Star Wolf Team, which starts to shoot against opponents. Wolf, aboard on his Wolfen, can also shoot against enemies, for finally destroying them with a giant laser beam from his Wolfen.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 8:50 pm

I recommend having his Up B being and Ice element instead of fire. I think it was said in the normal request board for wolf
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 1:21 am

Yup. It was said on my Wolf request board.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 1:26 am

We should keep that
Back to top Go down
Azure_Raven
Level 4 CPU

Mr. Game & Watch

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 9:07 am

I agree with changing his Final Smash, as well as the changes above. Out of all of the possible Smash Veterans, Wolf is among the top 5 that I hope to see come to Crusade.
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 11:32 pm

#FreeWolf.... for Crusade!

My idea for the Final Smash involves the wolfen, yes, but in a way that probably might be easier to visualize: Wolf jumps into his wolfen, we then see the reticle of the star fox games and you are free to shoot either rapid shots with minimal hitstun or SF64 charged shots that track the opponent but take a little longer to charge and shoot. Then after some time he finishes with a dragoon-like dive with his wolfen to finish people off.
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 8:26 pm

Free Wolf! But declone him a bit.
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 12:33 pm

support
Back to top Go down
TheRedBeast
Level 3 CPU
TheRedBeast

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 4:32 am

support wolf but he need much declone
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 5:47 am

Wolf is not a clone.
Just because he has a blaster, a reflector and a Land Master doesn't mean that Wolf is a clone or even a semi-clone.
Back to top Go down
TheRedBeast
Level 3 CPU
TheRedBeast

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 6:04 am

well I can not remember but its up special black had no flames or something?
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 6:20 am

Up Special had a completely different animation (it was a kick) and was fairly different from Fire Fox.
Side Special was totally different from Fox Illusion/Falco Phantasm.
Wolf's Blaster is totally different from Fox' and Falco's Blaster.
Absolutely all of Wolf's basics are unique.

The only copy from Fox/Falco were Reflector and Land Master, and that's it.
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 11:32 am

Not unique, but different enough to not be treated as "Same with different properties".
If Up B could be angled better instead of being straight in a single direction, that would make it a bit more different not only from Fox/Falco, but also different from his own side B (since both have a sweetspot at the end, just one is multi hit while the other is all or nothing)

Giving the Wolf Flash the Project M treatment where if you get the sweet spot you dont go into free fall would be a high risk high reward for his combo tools.

The Reflector could use a bit of fine tunning. In brawl it's the best reflector given it not only shines the opponent like Fox, but it also Counters people who attack. (Fox's either trades or is beaten).
My idea is to reference The way Fox uses it in Subspace Emissary (Rayquaza Boss Battle cutscene) and have it appear in front of him.
This means he can keep both the reflector AND counter effect (That should only activate at the start like Roy's) while not covering both of his sides
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 4:17 pm

Trinitro, don't deny he is somewhat a clone in some shape or form one way or another.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 10:47 pm

I don't deny whenever Wolf is a clone or not, because Wolf really is not a clone.
By that logic, Cloud and Ike are clones in Smash 4, and that is all kinds of wrong.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 11:56 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
I don't deny whenever Wolf is a clone or not, because Wolf really is not a clone.
By that logic, Cloud and Ike are clones in Smash 4, and that is all kinds of wrong.

Cloud and Ike both have completely different specials though, sans maybe the Up Special. And if that makes the two clones, then that means Kirby is also a clone.

Meanwhile, Fox and Wolf's specials are just very slight variations of one-another. So much so that Wolf's specials are literally custom moves for Fox. Sure, Wolf kicks and Fox flies forward. But they're both functionally almost identical. He's a semi-clone at best, due only in part to his normals. (Which, granted, is the majority of the moveset.)
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 3:21 pm

"Wplf is really not a clone". So now Lucas isn't a clone of Ness? Your logic is broken. And now you're banned. gg no re
Back to top Go down
TheRedBeast
Level 3 CPU
TheRedBeast

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 8:10 pm

i see a gameplay and i see he is not a clone at all
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 9:16 pm

KuramaExelsior wrote:
i see a gameplay and i see he is not a clone at all
I've PLAYED Wolf. He is a clone, half clone or not.
Back to top Go down
KipShades
Level 1 CPU
KipShades

KipShades

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 11:03 pm

He's a clone, but in the same way that Akuma, Dan and Gouken are clones of Ryu and Ken in Street Fighter

They have very similar specials, but with very different properties, and their normals and character properties are often wildly different, resulting in a very different playstyle.
Back to top Go down
Nohrian Sadist

Nohrian Sadist

cheezetime

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 7:44 am

Saying Wolf and Lucas are clones is a bit too far I think. Having 4 moves that function somewhat similarly doesn't constitute a clone in my eyes, I think it's just easy to see that way due to them coming from the same series.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 9:09 am

Well Wolf and Lucas aren't clones, it's Wolf and Fox
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 9:13 am

DestinyIntwined wrote:
Well Wolf and Lucas aren't clones, it's Wolf and Fox
Nobody said that Wolf was a Lucas clone. Lucas is a clone of Ness and Wolf is a clone of Fox is what was being implied.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 10:34 am

Ah, I get confuzzled
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 12:25 pm

Can we agree that Wolf is a semi-clone and focus back on discussing Wolf as a whole instead of whether he is a clone or not?
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 8:32 pm

As a Wolf main in PM and Brawl, I agree that Wolf should be in (maybe w/o as much priority as others though Wink ).

In the case of "Is he a Clone," I say that he is a "Derivative" character, that is a character who is based off of another (in this case Fox) and has some similarities to the original, but has too many differences to be considered a semi-clone. I also put Luigi and Lucas in this category
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 12:09 am

This guy knows what he's talking about.
Back to top Go down
ChibiFox369
Level 1 CPU

Bearmondo1

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 4:10 pm

I'm happy for Wolf to be comfirmed!
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 4:31 pm

He's not confirmed, this is just a thread to talk about him if he were to get in
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion   Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Wolf [Star Fox] Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next