Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion: Potential moveset, thoughts, ideas, fun! - Page 2 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion: Potential moveset, thoughts, ideas, fun!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion: Potential moveset, thoughts, ideas, fun! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion: Potential moveset, thoughts, ideas, fun!   Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion: Potential moveset, thoughts, ideas, fun! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 7:50 am

Chaotic Chao wrote:
*snip*
How is Amy more relevant than Shadow? And no, Sonic Boom does NOT count!
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion: Potential moveset, thoughts, ideas, fun! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion: Potential moveset, thoughts, ideas, fun!   Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion: Potential moveset, thoughts, ideas, fun! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 8:53 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Chaotic Chao wrote:
*snip*
How is Amy more relevant than Shadow? And no, Sonic Boom does NOT count!
Uhm, why? It's a show and a game?
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion: Potential moveset, thoughts, ideas, fun!   Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion: Potential moveset, thoughts, ideas, fun! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 9:26 am

Even disregarding Sonic Boom, Amy's been around longer and has played more roles as a relevant character than Shadow. See Sonic Advance 1, 2, and 3, Sonic Adventure, Sonic CD, even Sonic the Fighters. And in the games Shadow HAS played a critical role in, Amy's usually an important supporting character at the very least (Adventure 2, Heroes, 2006)

And if we're going by the "Sonic Boom doesn't count" logic, then Shadow's important appearances in Sonic 2006 and Shadow the Hedgehog shouldn't count since both games are just as widely disliked. Shadow's only real edge over Amy is his big fanbase, really. Otherwise, he's not quite as important as Amy and isn't as unique as she is, especially when compared to Sonic.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion: Potential moveset, thoughts, ideas, fun!   Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion: Potential moveset, thoughts, ideas, fun! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 9:35 am

Sonic Boom doesn't count, but not because of it's lack of quality, but because it plays in a completely different universe. So yeah, no matter how disliked Shadow The Hedgehog is or how much of a fucking piece of dogshit Sonic'06 is, they both play in the main Sonic universe, so they definitely count.
And yeah, I know that Amy is an older creation than Shadow (in fact, I actually prefer Amy's old self over the modern versions), and thus appeared in more games than Shadow. However, in those games where Shadow played a big role, Amy's role was still less important thatn those of the main playable characters like Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman and, well, Shadow.
I'm not saying that Amy should be disregarded completely. I'm just saying that Shadow is more relevant and important than Amy. At the very least, Amy can still return as an assist trophy without losing any qualities that make Amy...well, Amy.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion: Potential moveset, thoughts, ideas, fun!   Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion: Potential moveset, thoughts, ideas, fun! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 3:06 pm

To be honest, which character is more relevant is purely a matter of preference in the end. Amy's got the attendance, age, and uniqueness, while Shadow has the popularity and plot relevance.
But in the end, both of these characters are obviously less relevant than Dr. Eggman, and in any case, if we can't have more than 4 Sonic characters (which I and many others don't think we should), then Shadow needs to get replaced with Eggman. Having just Shadow would be weird without Amy, but then we'd have SIX Sonic reps and, as I said before, that's a bit ridiculous.

The way I see it is this: think about how Mario is the "main" Nintendo franchise in Smash. Naturally it and its affiliates have more reps than any other franchise (Mario, Yoshi, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, DK, Diddy, Rosalina, Koopalings, Wario...), since it's...well, the main franchise. But when you look at it from a "Mario-to-Nintendo as a whole" perspective, it ends up being fair since there are a TON of other Nintendo characters represented. If we really want to have either Shadow OR Amy and have it seem fair, we need more SEGA reps to even out the Sonic ones (at least 5 or 6 total, assuming STKAE&Sh). This may seem a bit dumb, but plenty of good ones have been suggested already (Beat, NiGHTS, the Centurion, Arle) and we already have one (Ristar). Not to mention the Capcom reps do this already. If Dustination's word is set in stone and Shadow won't ever get removed, then it's safe to assume Eggman is coming and we'll be getting 5 Sonic characters. I feel like this is the only way to make this work at this point.

That being said, I guess I do support Amy, but with the assumption that more SEGA characters will have support and get added down the line too.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion: Potential moveset, thoughts, ideas, fun!   Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion: Potential moveset, thoughts, ideas, fun! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 3:37 pm

Chaotic Chao wrote:
The way I see it is this: think about how Mario is the "main" Nintendo franchise in Smash. Naturally it and its affiliates have more reps than any other franchise (Mario, Yoshi, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, DK, Diddy, Rosalina, Koopalings, Wario...), since it's...well, the main franchise.

Well, technically DK, Diddy, Yoshi and Wario don't count as Mario reps despite being really close neighbours (I myself see Yoshi more as a Mario character but whatever). But yeah, Mario is the main franchise in Smash.

Chaotic Chao wrote:
If we really want to have either Shadow OR Amy and have it seem fair, we need more SEGA reps to even out the Sonic ones (at least 5 or 6 total, assuming STKAE&Sh). This may seem a bit dumb, but plenty of good ones have been suggested already (Beat, NiGHTS, the Centurion, Arle) and we already have one (Ristar). Not to mention the Capcom reps do this already. If Dustination's word is set in stone and Shadow won't ever get removed, then it's safe to assume Eggman is coming and we'll be getting 5 Sonic characters. I feel like this is the only way to make this work at this point.

Well, there is also another possible way. The Sonic reps could remain as they are and maybe another Sega rep or two could be worked in to balance things out. I personally think this is the best way. Even if more Sega reps were to join when we get a 5th Sonic rep, the Sonic franchise will still be over-presented.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion: Potential moveset, thoughts, ideas, fun!   Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion: Potential moveset, thoughts, ideas, fun! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 7:55 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
Sonic Boom doesn't count, but not because of it's lack of quality, but because it plays in a completely different universe. So yeah, no matter how disliked Shadow The Hedgehog is or how much of a fucking piece of dogshit Sonic'06 is, they both play in the main Sonic universe, so they definitely count.

Shadow is in the main canon, but '06, mercifully, isn't. It was supposed to be a reboot. Different universe, and even less relevance than Boom.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion: Potential moveset, thoughts, ideas, fun!   Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion: Potential moveset, thoughts, ideas, fun! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 11:06 pm

Oh, didn't knew that. And thank god indeed.
Back to top Go down
Blademasterz6
Level 2 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion: Potential moveset, thoughts, ideas, fun!   Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion: Potential moveset, thoughts, ideas, fun! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 11:59 pm

I agree Mario is the representative of NINTENDO and therefore the most represented of its license, which is the main of the game,

Sonic is the representative of SEGA, which is the second main license of the game, I think 5 representative will be reasonable so that Sonic has his big boss, who was present to him since the first Sonic, and eggman add something different to the serie sonic, unlike the four that are already present, and all of which are animals (hedgehog, fox, echidna) as Amy Rose

So I am against Amy Rose, because I really would like the Sonic series was his big boss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion: Potential moveset, thoughts, ideas, fun!   Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion: Potential moveset, thoughts, ideas, fun! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog) Discussion: Potential moveset, thoughts, ideas, fun!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2