View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

Who needs resprites the most? Empty
PostSubject: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 11:06 pm

It is almost a fact that some Crusade characters need resprites, and I wanted to make a thread to see people's opinions about who needs resprites the most.

Here is who I think should get resprites
1. Z.S. Samus
2. Yoshi
3. Olimar (I feel bad for saying this because he was recently added, but he just looks bad pale )

So yeah, there is mine, I don't think anyone else is that bad, but what does the public think?
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 12:19 am

Resprite Tier List

S Tier (World-ending atrocities): Zero Suit Samus, Yoshi, Marth, Pikachu
A Tier (Unacceptable): Captain Falcon, Mach Rider, Samus, Falco, Ridley, Krystal
B Tier (Pretty rough): Peach, Saki, Snake, Fox
C Tier (Could be better): Jigglypuff, DK, Ristar, Porky, Wario
D Tier (Minor touch-ups needed): Tingle, Toad, Geno
F Tier (Good to go!): Everyone else

I'd agree on Olimar, but I think his quality as a whole is pretty hacky. His spriting is okay considering his size.

Last edited by HypeConduit on Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:25 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 9:30 am

I like that you put Ridley in S-Tier when I always thought he looked okay.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 12:37 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
I like that you put Ridley in S-Tier when I always thought he looked okay.

You know what looks okay about him? His idle sprite. That's about it. His jab animation is terrible looking (watch his legs especially) and there is evidently many frames needed to make all of his moves look fluid. His Neutral air is literally 90 degree rotations and it does not look good. His glide could use at least one more frame of animation to look somewhat realistic for a winged glider. He's a complex character though, so I would understand how it would look okay from far away compared to simpler characters like Yoshi.

I'll bump him down to A tier because there's truth in that he isn't in need as bad as ZSS and the rest.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 12:44 pm

Why is Krystal only B-tier and not, ya'know, A-tier?!
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 12:44 pm

I think because the sprites aren't that bad, they just don't fit
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 9:26 pm

Because although sprited in the same strange fashion as Fox and Falco, the appearance isn't too terrible looking for her. The animations don't look too mechanical, Her overall anatomy and coloring make some sort of sense, etc. Fox and Falco fail at many of this.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 9:27 pm

i knew it Lil Dolan
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 2:29 am

I'm sorry, but the Krystal sprites to really REALLY terrible, even worse than Yoshi's sprites.
Actually, the Krystal sprites are a lot worse than the Fox and Falco sprites in...well, pretty much everything.
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 7:07 am

What's wrong with Geno?
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 5:23 am

Geno's animations always make him look like he's looking solemnly or angrily at the ground when he could just as easily be looking up. Either this, or his hair is dangerously in the way of his eyes. It doesn't help that many of his ground attacks allow him to continue looking down like he seemingly does in idle. the blast effects on Geno Beam are weirdly feathery and his Geno Whirl looks like fucking scalloped potatoes.

On closer inspection, Krystal is definitely at the very least as bad as the other spacies. Pardon me. I'll edit that later.

You know you guys could comment on the characters yourselves, right? I'd rather not play 20 questions on my unaccountable taste in spritework. This isn't even my thread.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 2:47 pm

I made this thread to see the people's opinion, so I'm not going to say anything unless I have something to say. :<
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 6:36 pm

My top 10
1-ZSS
2-Samus
3-Krystal
4-Falco
5_Fox
6-Pikachu
7-Jigglypuff
8-Toad
9-Peach
10-Waluigi
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 9:55 am

(Not in order)
Donkey Kong
Samus
Zero-Suit Samus
Pikachu
Fox
Falco
Krystal
Yoshi
Snake
Marth
Mach Rider
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 12:44 pm

In a perfect world, these characters would get fixes or get redone completely:

- Peach
- Toad
- Waluigi
- Wario
- Ashley
- DK
- Yoshi
- Pikachu
- Jigglypuff
- Mewtwo
- Samus
- Zero Suit Samus
- Link
- Toon Link
- Tingle
- Olimar
- Marth
- Fox
- Falco
- Krystal
- C. Falcon
- Ness
- Lucas
- Saki
- Ice Climbers
- DHD
- Mach Rider
- Snake
- Bomberman
- Sonics
- Ristar
- Rayman
- Phoenix Wright
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 9:29 pm

Well said, SP.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 12:05 am

HypeConduit wrote:
the blast effects on Geno Beam are weirdly feathery and his Geno Whirl looks like fucking scalloped potatoes.
Oh, so THAT's what the attack was supossed to be.
Now Geno not only needs a resprite, but also new voice recording, because it sounds more along the lines of Geno World instead of Geno Whirl...and because the voice acting of Geno in general is just bad.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 12:32 am

I actually don't mind quite a lot of the sprites. Including Captain Falcon's and Olimar's, and Geno's as well. I wouldn't be that miffed if they never got resprites.

These characters, however, do bug me by quite a large margin;
-Pikachu
-Fox
-Falco
-Krystal
-Marth
-Samus
-Donkey Kong
-Peach
-Saki
-Yoshi
-Bomberman
And, most horribly...
-ZSS

That being said, everyone else looks... Relatively okay to me, if not outright great in most cases.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 1:04 am

I think ZSS having the most horrible sprites pretty much became about as much of a meme like fans asking for Goku to be added to Smash...oh wait!
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 10:47 pm

I think everyone knows which sprites are the worst, but which ones can we not worry about at all?

I think we can all agree that Mario, Luigi, and Weegee are good right?
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:32 am

Eh, the Mario and Luigi sprites are only subjectively good for some people.
Sure, there are no flaws, but I always prefer the M&L-style sprites over the SPP-style sprites.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 2:08 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Eh, the Mario and Luigi sprites are only subjectively good for some people.
Sure, there are no flaws, but I always prefer the M&L-style sprites over the SPP-style sprites.

And ignore the fact that the Mario Bros. have blue eyes!? NOOOO!! Off character111 Off character I tell you!!11!!
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 4:46 am

Uhm...you can easily edit the blue eyes in.
In fact, someone actually did just that af MFGG (although he took other peoples custom M&L-styled Mario sprites without even crediting them).
Speaking of, the original version (the one without the blue eyes) can also be found at MFGG, and you don't need to ask permission. He clearly states that giving credits is enough.
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 10:30 pm

I definitely think that Peach, Ganondorf(animations), and Krystal need some work, along with the obvious ones like ZSS and Samus.

I quite like a lot of the animations of Lucas, but something about the sprite itself bothers me.

Last edited by KingTremolo on Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 6:26 am

If Ganondorf gets changed, please change him to his superior Twilight Princess self.
Back to top Go down
Nohrian Sadist

Nohrian Sadist

cheezetime

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 8:35 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
If Ganondorf gets changed, please change him to his superior Twilight Princess self.

This is just an opinion. And as with all opinions, some people's differ from yours.
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 1:28 pm

Personally, I like that this game uses OoT Ganondorf. It's refreshingly different than what all other recent things have been using!
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 6:38 pm

KingTremolo wrote:
Personally, I like that this game uses OoT Ganondorf.  It's refreshingly different than what all other recent things have been using!
Well, I mean, of course it should be different. OoT Ganondorf is from OoT, a game released over 13 years ago. Change isn't always great.
Back to top Go down
Mikael_Fernandes
Level 3 CPU
Mikael_Fernandes

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 11:49 am

Who needs a resprite? everybody DHD Laugh
JK,some are ok.
But some aren't that good so here's my list:
Zero Suit Samus,Fox,Falco,Krystal,DK,Pikachu,Marth,Snake
i could keep rambling about other things like special moves and final smashes but it would be pretty long and i'm too lazy to research everything
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 6:34 pm

I think it makes more sense for him to be OoT Ganondorf since his moveset is more based around his OoT appearance, and his Final Smash is OoT Ganon... Plus, the devs would have to completely redo every frame of animation for both Ganondorf and Ganon, and I feel like they've got more important stuff on their minds.

Also, I get Zamus doesn't look that great, but is her idle that bad? I mean, I'm a diehard Zero Mission fanboy, so I like that her ZM sprite is used; is it actually that cringey for people who don't love ZM to death?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who needs resprites the most?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Crusade Community ::  :: Character Discussion-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com