HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Who needs resprites the most?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Kirb-Star
Level 3 CPU


  Ashley
  54
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:38 pm

Fox, Falco and Krystal.
They look too chibified
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU


  Klonoa
  572
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:41 pm

Krystal looks mostly fine (The brownish fur on her face needs to be more white, her main fur color needs to be a bit more blue then teal, and she could use some more defined outlining) but I do agree that Fox and Falco could use a decently sized edit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nix~
Level 4 CPU


  Goku
  119
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:18 pm

She needs a little more color contrast. Right now she's just a blob of dark blue. Her various guns need some work too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keybladeguy
Level 6 CPU


  Phoenix Wright
  701
  NESKeyblade

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:47 pm

Krystal looks like trash

I'm sorry but it's true it looks nothing like her
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU


  Klonoa
  572
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:53 pm

That (in my opinion) is due to 2 main points: Her colors are off (She seems to be Teal and light-brown in Crusade, not Blue and White) and she doesn't have any sort of definable characteristics; due to how the sprite was set up, it all just blends together.

If I may make a suggestion, when she gets re-sprited, could you base it off of her Smashified appearance? It would make it much easier to tell it is her, but at the same time not make her stand out by an extreme amount in comparison to the other Starfox characters (in appearance)

Her Smashified Artwork:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq



  Petey Piranha
  1359

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:21 pm

wheeled_tank wrote:
That (in my opinion) is due to 2 main points: Her colors are off (She seems to be Teal and light-brown in Crusade, not Blue and White) and she doesn't have any sort of definable characteristics; due to how the sprite was set up, it all just blends together.

If I may make a suggestion, when she gets re-sprited, could you base it off of her Smashified appearance? It would make it much easier to tell it is her, but at the same time not make her stand out by an extreme amount in comparison to the other Starfox characters (in appearance)

Her Smashified Artwork:
 
Why would the sprite be based off of fanart?? It's easy to tell who Krystal is because she's the only blue wolf thing on the roster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU


  Gooey
  1319

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:03 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
It's easy to tell who Krystal is because she's the only blue wolf thing on the roster.
except for Lucario kek

I do agree that Krystal is need of a resprite. Her sprite is fine, but it is extremely unfitting and was clearly made in a style that "redesigns" the characters. It's different from Fox and Falco, even though they're still low quality and unfitting, they still highly resemble who they are. Krystal doesn't really look like Krystal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dustination



  Random
  2741
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:06 pm

Dae think zss needs a resprite?!?!?!

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Nix~
Level 4 CPU


  Goku
  119
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:37 am

Dustination wrote:
Dae think zss needs a resprite?!?!?!
Not before Marth, Fox, and Falco
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kirb-Star
Level 3 CPU


  Ashley
  54
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:19 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
wheeled_tank wrote:
That (in my opinion) is due to 2 main points: Her colors are off (She seems to be Teal and light-brown in Crusade, not Blue and White) and she doesn't have any sort of definable characteristics; due to how the sprite was set up, it all just blends together.

If I may make a suggestion, when she gets re-sprited, could you base it off of her Smashified appearance? It would make it much easier to tell it is her, but at the same time not make her stand out by an extreme amount in comparison to the other Starfox characters (in appearance)

Her Smashified Artwork:
 
Why would the sprite be based off of fanart?? It's easy to tell who Krystal is because she's the only blue wolf thing on the roster.
Uh, do you realize her Smashified design is based off her design in Star Fox Command, right?
Spoiler:
 
Which would make sense, given how Fox's and Falco's design is also based off their designs in Star Fox Command:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU


  Klonoa
  572
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:26 pm

That is why I suggested the Smashified style. It go with the design of the other Starfox characters (Command-based, but with nods to the other games in the series), not to mention that the current sprite is, from what I can tell, not really based on any of her appearances in any game, making it as much of "fan art" as the Smashified style. As long as her resprite doesn't get based off of her Adventure appearance, I'll be fine.

I think Wolf was the only Starfox character to not be based off of his Command appearance; he is almost entirely based off of his Assault style.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Broke The Screeen
Level 3 CPU


  Pichu
  63
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:51 am

ZSS, Male Lucina, Fox, Falco & Crystal are need a reaprite the most tbh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GONZAfeco
Level 1 CPU


  Rayman
  19
  64-MarioyLuigi

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:18 pm

I totally agree with this, unless that Z.S.S doesn't look that bad, since she's a human, but I think Wario really needs a resprite, don't you all think? Is just Wario from WL4,they could resprite him like Mario and Luigi or maybe just change his palette  color coloring his shoes and the W, and maybe some parts that are weird looking in alts.
Olimar isn't also that bad, but yes, he actually needs a resprite(but I'm actually ok with it lol! )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexander



  Pac-Man
  374
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:28 pm

Broke The Screeen wrote:
Male Lucina
This triggers the Alex

_________________
Sprite Team Leader for Super Smash bros Crusade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lv. 1 CPU
Level 1 CPU


  Petey Piranha
  2
  Yoshi-2410

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:27 am

Yoshi. No doubt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChristianSmash64
Level 1 CPU


  Phoenix Wright
  6
  ChristianSmash

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:37 pm

Samus
Zero-Suit Samus
Fox
Falco
Krystal
Yoshi
Snake
Marth and Mach Rider
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU


  Klonoa
  572
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:25 pm

Mach Rider isn't too bad (a little stiff and a few awkward animations), though the rest I agree (Samus is WAY too stiff)

I also think that Peach could use a little bit of tweaking. She stands out too much compared to the other Mario characters. Unlike others though (Krystal), I think Peach's sprite is fine; just needs a minor edit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xalciss
Level 3 CPU


  78

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:23 pm

GONZAfeco wrote:
Z.S.S doesn't look that bad, since she's a human



You are kidding me right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DestinyIntwined
Level 6 CPU


  Little Mac
  831
  DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:45 pm

Xalciss wrote:
GONZAfeco wrote:
Z.S.S doesn't look that bad, since she's a human



You are kidding me right?

This is obviously the best version of ZSS Smash 4 has nothing on this
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xalciss
Level 3 CPU


  78

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm

just returning to let everyone know I have just realized that Gooey looks kinda bad...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU


  Gooey
  1319

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:16 pm

Xalciss wrote:
just returning to let everyone know I have just realized that Gooey looks kinda bad...

In what ways? My only complaint is his strange victory animation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bedoop Bro
Level 4 CPU


  Gooey
  123

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:00 am

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Xalciss wrote:
just returning to let everyone know I have just realized that Gooey looks kinda bad...

In what ways? My only complaint is his strange victory animation.
I believe his winning animation is a reference to getting a question right in a Minigame in Dreamland 3
Where the little laughing part comes from I don't know, but I personally like it.

Also, Gooey don't look odd at all to me.
I like 'im. He fits in. tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nix~
Level 4 CPU


  Goku
  119
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:38 am

He doesn't look that bad, but he's pretty high up on the list if we're going to be matching pika-new's quality one by one.

It would take considerably less to resprite him too, compared to other characters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xalciss
Level 3 CPU


  78

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:23 pm

yeah I should have quantified. I meant how well he matches with the rest of the cast, I recently saw some dreamland gameplay and noticed that Gooey's model sheet looks to be simply pasted into Crusade with some heavy edits. (correct if wrong)

ever since then it stood out to me lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU


  Gooey
  1319

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:58 pm

Gooey's entire sprite sheet is literally right here
http://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/23995/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bedoop Bro
Level 4 CPU


  Gooey
  123

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:30 am

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Gooey's entire sprite sheet is literally right here
http://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/23995/
As is Mario's, except he's on DeviantART.

I would be saying "As is Luigi's" too, but his isn't.
Which makes me really sad because I love the sprite style of the Mario Bros. and would love to animate with them, but Luigi is kinda missing.
He does have enough sprites for a Super Mario World/platformer moveset thingie, whilst Mario has both Smash and SMW
So that's neat ;D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Today at 5:45 am

Back to top Go down
 
Who needs resprites the most?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 ::  :: Character Discussion-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum