AuthorMessage
Slissith

Bowser
  ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:12 am

DestinyIntwined wrote:
Wait why is Shaq's name Pink now?

HOMOPHOBE ALERT

Thanks to you, I had to add two new rules.

VultureDuck wrote:
Crusade is a man's game

Jaklub wrote:
Post count ain't gonna raise itself.

Jaklub wrote:
this count down won't be uploaded to youtube, better enjoy it now.

Lego_Shaq wrote:
please dont think im actually racist

SmashBros._L0ver wrote:
fuck you slissith go to hell Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyx
Level 1 CPU

Sonic

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 am

Yoshi, DK, Samus and Zero Suit, those are the bigger offenders

Falcon grew up on me <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU

Ganondorf

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:19 am

Lego Shaq wrote:
I meant Chun-Li is one of the least discussed characters

Probably because she's one of the least necessary characters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:58 am

DestinyIntwined wrote:
Silly, didn't you know? Shaq is fabolous now. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq

Petey Piranha

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:42 am

DestinyIntwined wrote:
I've ascended to a higher plane of existence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DestinyIntwined
Level 6 CPU

Little Mac
  DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:00 am

I was going to do a ascending to a higher plane gif but this came up in the search:

Search:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq

Petey Piranha

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:06 am

Shiruza wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
I meant Chun-Li is one of the least discussed characters

Probably because she's one of the least necessary characters.
Depends on how you look at it. She's the ideal 2nd Street Fighter rep, and SF definitely should've gotten 2 reps, so I don't see how she's unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:03 am

And Street Fighter should've gotten 2 reps, because...why? I mean, what about MegaMan? Now that franchise needs two reps before Street Fighter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU

Pac-Man

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:17 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
And Street Fighter should've gotten 2 reps, because...why? I mean, what about MegaMan? Now that franchise needs two reps before Street Fighter.

Good point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
your goth gf
Level 3 CPU

Ashley

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:16 am

street fighter in relation to crossover fighters is an entire breathing world on its own and you really have to be careful how you represent it. to capcom it's a lot like mario or pokemon is to nintendo & smash or sonic is to sega and its respective crossovers - you can throw the brand mascot in & it's represented as a symbolic whole, but you throw any others in and it feels empty unless you have the rest of the series' main cast to balance it out dynamically. what's bowser without the princess?

personally i think it's represented perfectly well - mechanically, aesthetically, symbolically - by ryu alone as a playable character. the novelty of a traditional martial-arts fighting game character in a party platformer full of floating pokemen, sonics and femmy anime swordsmen should be kept a novelty.

of course most of this doesn't apply to chun-li - she's a perfectly fine addition to crusade and about as far as you can push street fighter reps without entering the territory i described above. if you're following a rule of "real smash has one, let's have two" then there's no better option.

anyway if i let my personal biases speak i'd be all for piling on a whole miniature street fighter cast into crusade. throw in m. bison too. and juri han, she rules. hell, develop the smash vs capcom every doughy pimply gamer wet-dreams of. even though you can't. and don't need to

also mega man is weird because pretty much everyone is a slender bipedal android who moves roughly the same whereas street fighter has an entire palette of body types, movement patterns, fighting styles and even though the mega man aesthetic fits smash better you would probably run out of interesting characters to adapt much, much later with street fighter

put zero in the game though there's no reason not to

this post is a freakin mess i need to stop trying to put effort into things
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU

Ness
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:33 am

Didn't Zero also win that old character poll from awhile back?

Also, looking more in depth Yoshi's Sprite is by no means bad. It just does look like how Yoshi would act in Smash.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:38 pm

look at his taunt

it's scary
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KipShades
Level 1 CPU

Fox
  KipShades

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:11 pm

I think the bad sprites are symptomatic of a larger problem: sprite clash.

You see very wide variety of different styles that don't necessarily go well with each other.  The Mario and Luigi have very Super Princess Peach-esque sprites, Bowser has Partners in Time/Bowser's Inside Story-esque sprites, Wario has Wario Land 4 sprites, Waluigi uses NO Body's Yoshi's Island-esque sprites, the Pokemon characters retain a style similar to their Gen 3, 4, and 5 battle sprites, the Sonic characters all have their Sonic Advance/Battle sprites, other characters have custom sprites, but with completely different styles.

Some characters, like Captain Falcon, Yoshi, the Mario Bros., Phoenix Wright, the SF Characters, and Ganondorf have black outlines, some, like Peach and the Sonic characters, have colored outlines, and others, like the Star Fox characters, have no outlines.

I think that alongside revamps for characters, a more unified sprite style might be necessary. I personally really like the style that's used for Mario and Luigi's sprites.

I'd also note that some poses are very weird and unnatural, like when Captain Falcon lifts his leg for his up-tilt or Ganondorf's f-tilt kick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UcheD914
Level 3 CPU

Mario
  Nin_Fan914

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:19 am

My thoughts on those who needs repriting are...

• Bowser - His sprites don't animate well on some areas.
  • Wario - His Wario Land sprites look out of place with the rest of the cast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nintensis
Level 4 CPU

Tails
  jmf72115

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:51 pm

UcheD914 wrote:

[*]Bowser - His sprites don't animate well on some areas.

^ Agreed af
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXcP_rB2DD03kDVk4qGFgpQ
AmareTSM

Mario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:56 pm

KipShades wrote:
I think that alongside revamps for characters, a more unified sprite style might be necessary.  I personally really like the style that's used for Mario and Luigi's sprites.

This is def the goal, seeing as all most of the newcomers for a while have followed this style (Ganon, Crash, Shantae, etc.) of black outlines and more vibrant colors. It's just that a lot of these characters have been in the game for a LONG time (Fox, Falco, etc.), and it'll take a long time to unify the style.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SS_Maeweather
Level 5 CPU

Knuckles
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:59 pm

Yea the black outlined character's defiantly look better. Alot of the character could either use a re-sprite or give them the black outline and vibrant colors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ridori
Level 2 CPU

Ridley

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:54 am

-ZSS.
Her sprites are just Zero Mission sprites with few changes here and there to get right pose. And all of them have horrible paralyzer effects. 0 effort was put into those sprites and it shows. Why were those sprites even accepted?

-Yoshi.
His sprites make him look stiff and they are somewhat inconsistent. And then there is his taunt. Are you sure it's supposed to be his taunt from Smash?

-Samus.
Her sprites are literally deviantArt-tier stuff, with 2-3 sprites for animations (and some animations like Side B don't even have that) and it's obvious that Mega Man (X?) sprites were used as a base.

-Ridley.
His sprites' quality isn't too bad. His arms look like noodles sometimes, it's obvious when you just copied and pasted his head and rotated it instead of making new sprite and tail is lazily done. But the main problem is that he isn't standing properly (he is standing upright) and he flies in idle animation even though he is on the ground during all of his ground animations outside of running. He should be hunched over (like he is in every game after original Metroid) and he should either always stand on the ground, always hover or stand on ground for some animations and hover for others.
In other words, it's not the sprite quality that is the problem (it's still not very high like other SSBC sprites, but this is getting fixed, so, whatever). Poses used are the problem.

-Fox and Falco.
...i can't really tell what exactly is wrong with them. They just look bad.

There probably are things worse than that, but eh. Anyway, it feels like most of those problems are result of using/making those sprites for the sake of getting it done quickly and not actually aiming for quality. It's not helping this fan game's reception when it's already tainted by ridiculous roster size and Goku (...why...) and when another Smash fan game has far better sprites with better animations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU

Pac-Man

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:23 am

Ridori wrote:
There probably are things worse than that, but eh. Anyway, it feels like most of those problems are result of using/making those sprites for the sake of getting it done quickly and not actually aiming for quality. It's not helping this fan game's reception when it's already tainted by ridiculous roster size and Goku (...why...) and when another Smash fan game has far better sprites with better animations.
The previous devs added characters to the roster based on the sprites they could find, hence the strange character choices and bad sprites. The current dev team are working on it, however.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ridori
Level 2 CPU

Ridley

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:27 am

TaXMaN wrote:
The previous devs added characters to the roster based on the sprites they could find, hence the strange character choices and bad sprites. The current dev team are working on it, however.
...that is pretty stupid and i hope current dev team will never go back to that approach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DestinyIntwined
Level 6 CPU

Little Mac
  DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:49 am

I believe that's what this entire Suggestion board is about Ridori
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexander

Pac-Man
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:24 pm

AmareTSM wrote:
KipShades wrote:
I think that alongside revamps for characters, a more unified sprite style might be necessary.  I personally really like the style that's used for Mario and Luigi's sprites.

This is def the goal, seeing as all most of the newcomers for a while have followed this style (Ganon, Crash, Shantae, etc.) of black outlines and more vibrant colors. It's just that a lot of these characters have been in the game for a LONG time (Fox, Falco, etc.), and it'll take a long time to unify the style.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

This is the style that has been used for recent additions, and will almost certainly continue being the style we use.

EDIT: Ridori, we will not go back that approach. Imagine what Shantae would look like if we had that mentality.

TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:16 am

Alexander wrote:
EDIT: Ridori, we will not go back that approach.  Imagine what Shantae would look like if we had that mentality.
Well, I guess she would reuse her Risky's Revenge sprites...which actually look very good, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ridori
Level 2 CPU

Ridley

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:32 am

Alexander wrote:
EDIT: Ridori, we will not go back that approach.  Imagine what Shantae would look like if we had that mentality.
...animations that are too good compared to others along with animations and sprites that are horrible compared to other animations...Yeah.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SS_Maeweather
Level 5 CPU

Knuckles
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:11 am

Just imagine all the characters with sprites taken from around the internet and the devs refused to make sprites. Thank god we have devs who care. I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexander

Pac-Man
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:33 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Alexander wrote:
Well, I guess she would reuse her Risky's Revenge sprites...which actually look very good, to be honest.

On their own, yes.  But the scale, coloring, and outlining style would be all wrong when put next to our current batch of sprites.

SS_Maeweather
Level 5 CPU

Knuckles
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:23 am

Actually because characters are getting re-sprites, are you going by who has the worst or by anyone you feel like first?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corvid
Level 3 CPU

Falco
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:57 am

yoshi and dk as well are lowkey in need tbh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AmareTSM

Mario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:50 pm

Corvid wrote:
yoshi and dk as well are lowkey in need tbh
I don't think lowkey is the word you're looking for lol, especially for Yoshi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexander

Pac-Man
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:50 pm

I can't even Marth.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Today at 4:24 am

Back to top Go down

Who needs resprites the most?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 ::  :: Character Discussion-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum