Share | 

Who needs resprites the most?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:04 am

I'm sorry, but all the sprites are masterpieces when compared to friggin Zero Suit Samus.
Seriously, change her sprites first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexander

Pac-Man
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:13 am

Yeah, she's bad that's for sure. And with her surge in popularity in sm4sh, she needs fixing.

JaegerKrieg
Level 3 CPU

Random
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:51 am

I'd say Ridley and Snake look reaaally stiff.

Captain Falcon has stick legs too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexander

Pac-Man
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:54 am

Ridley needs some extra frames.
Snake at least needs outlining, reshading, and some extra frames/animation redoes.
I kinda fond of Falcon's base, but some of his animations are just...awful, really.

JaegerKrieg
Level 3 CPU

Random
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:20 am

Alexander wrote:
Snake at least needs outlining, reshading, and some extra frames/animation redoes.
I kinda fond of Falcon's base, but some of his animations are just...awful, really.

Would it fall under respriting if I said that some characters deffinitely need better alt coloring? Most of Samus' alts look just... Awful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bedoop Bro
Level 4 CPU

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:22 pm

JaegerKrieg wrote:
Alexander wrote:

Would it fall under respriting if I said that some characters deffinitely need better alt coloring? Most of Samus' alts look just... Awful.
A good portion of folks in the Crusade Cast don't even HAVE Alt. Colors yet (Samus being one of them)
They're just Hue/Saturation Mishmashes on the Spritework.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JaegerKrieg
Level 3 CPU

Random
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:45 pm

Bedoop Bro wrote:
JaegerKrieg wrote:
Alexander wrote:

A good portion of folks in the Crusade Cast don't even HAVE Alt. Colors yet (Samus being one of them)

Aaarrghh, That makes me so mad! ;_; Especially with Samus! She has so many different versions of her Varia suit! Hhgnn!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ridori
Level 2 CPU

Ridley

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:54 pm

Alexander wrote:
That isn't all he needs. He needs to be completely remade. He can't stand like this (all games have him hunched over and that got even more noticeable after Super Metroid), his wings look stiff when flapping and that tail is just lazily done. Seriously, who made those sprites and how much did he/she know about the character?
JaegerKrieg wrote:
Bedoop Bro wrote:
JaegerKrieg wrote:
Alexander wrote:

Aaarrghh, That makes me so mad! ;_; Especially with Samus! She has so many different versions of her Varia suit! Hhgnn!!
It's "Power Suit", not "Varia Suit". Varia Suit is just an upgrade that gives her those shoulders and/or pink/orange color. But yeah, she really needs proper recolors. And sprites that aren't your common Mega Man X sprite edits from deviantArt made by 5 years old kids.
Speaking of recolors, i think some characters really need a "smart palette" or whatever it's called outside of MUGEN on their sprites if you want alt colors to be more than hue and/or saturation changes. Best example i can think of is Zero Suit Samus, who could get proper JUSTIN BAILEY alt this way or maybe even outfit from ending images of Fusion and Zero Mission if more time will be put into that. Other stuff i can think of is original Marth, Toon Link with Young Link's outfit, Other M Ridley and Mr. L. You certainly won't get alts like Dry Bowser, real Meta Ridley, TP Ganondorf, etc. but good alt colors always are nice. Who else thinks this is a good idea? Not now of course (all sprites need to be remade first), but at some point in the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq

Petey Piranha

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:53 pm

Ridori wrote:
Alexander wrote:
That isn't all he needs. He needs to be completely remade. He can't stand like this (all games have him hunched over and that got even more noticeable after Super Metroid), his wings look stiff when flapping and that tail is just lazily done. Seriously, who made those sprites and how much did he/she know about the character?
JaegerKrieg wrote:
Bedoop Bro wrote:
JaegerKrieg wrote:
Alexander wrote:

It's "Power Suit", not "Varia Suit". Varia Suit is just an upgrade that gives her those shoulders and/or pink/orange color. But yeah, she really needs proper recolors. And sprites that aren't your common Mega Man X sprite edits from deviantArt made by 5 years old kids.
Speaking of recolors, i think some characters really need a "smart palette" or whatever it's called outside of MUGEN on their sprites if you want alt colors to be more than hue and/or saturation changes. Best example i can think of is Zero Suit Samus, who could get proper JUSTIN BAILEY alt this way or maybe even outfit from ending images of Fusion and Zero Mission if more time will be put into that. Other stuff i can think of is original Marth, Toon Link with Young Link's outfit, Other M Ridley and Mr. L. You certainly won't get alts like Dry Bowser, real Meta Ridley, TP Ganondorf, etc. but good alt colors always are nice. Who else thinks this is a good idea? Not now of course (all sprites need to be remade first), but at some point in the future.
I think that the smart palette idea would be great to see in the last release of the game as unlockable palettes, like in Street Fighter 4. Would like to see Mr. L as his own character though lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JaegerKrieg
Level 3 CPU

Random
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:08 pm

I think that the smart palette idea would be great to see in the last release of the game as unlockable palettes, like in Street Fighter 4. Would like to see Mr. L as his own character though lol[/quote]

Last release? Auughh! Oh well, worth the wait I'm sure! ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexander

Pac-Man
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:54 am

Ridori wrote:
Alexander wrote:
JaegerKrieg wrote:
Bedoop Bro wrote:
JaegerKrieg wrote:
Alexander wrote:

I'd say his stance is fine.
He does need some work, but at the point when we're even remotely concerned about respriting him, we'll have already replaced half the roster.

Ridori
Level 2 CPU

Ridley

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:20 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
I think that the smart palette idea would be great to see in the last release of the game as unlockable palettes, like in Street Fighter 4. Would like to see Mr. L as his own character though lol
Unlockable palettes doesn't sounds like it should be in Smash, but unlocking stuff is usually more satisfying than simply having everything.
Alexander wrote:

I'd say his stance is fine.
He does need some work, but at the point when we're even remotely concerned about respriting him, we'll have already replaced half the roster.
It isn't.
How it really is in every game:

Box art isn't always the reliable source (Mega Man being good example of that). And this isn't nitpicking. That's like drawing an elephant running on hind legs. But i can understand why he would be of low priority. Quality of sprites isn't the problem. He isn't Samus, Yoshi or spacies and he certainly is nowhere near the abomination called ZSS. Only what's drawn is the problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:16 pm

isn't the screenshot from Crusade his "stance" from Brawl?

Fairly sure it is. Makes sense because of Porky and Petey (and Rayquaza being planned at one point.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Braystar
Level 6 CPU

Mario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:30 pm

So now Ridley needs respriting because he "isn't accurately portraded". Do you think that a cruched down stance is good stance for Smash when playable? It's honestly just dumb and ridiculous. He doesn't need respriting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ridori
Level 2 CPU

Ridley

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:56 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
isn't the screenshot from Crusade his "stance" from Brawl?

Fairly sure it is. Makes sense because of Porky and Petey (and Rayquaza being planned at one point.)
It's close, but not same. His torso is leaning forward in Brawl and his head is...um...lower than his torso. And i'm not sure if those 2 characters use their Brawl poses rather than something from the source. Porky used same pose in Mother 3 and Petey...well, i don't think he ever used any other pose.
Braystar wrote:
So now Ridley needs respriting because he "isn't accurately portraded". Do you think that a cruched down stance is good stance for Smash when playable? It's honestly just dumb and ridiculous. He doesn't need respriting.
How is it any more ridiculous than him using stance he never uses outside of few attacks? Even ignoring use of unfitting poses, his sprites have their own problems like noodle limbs, stiff wings and lazily done tail. Using it for character who always used it makes sense. This obviously doesn't makes him #1 character that needs to be remade when ZSS exists, but it still isn't something that should have been done this way.
Also, crunched down stance already was used for Bowser for 2 official Smash games and i think it is used in Crusade. Haven't touched him for a while to remember clearly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaSteve777
Level 7 CPU

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:35 pm

I'm curious Ridori, it's very clear what you want, but what do you expect happen?

No jokes and I'm not kidding, I'm being serious. What do you expect to happen?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ridori
Level 2 CPU

Ridley

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:41 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
I'm curious Ridori, it's very clear what you want, but what do you expect happen?

No jokes and I'm not kidding, I'm being serious. What do you expect to happen?
I expect Ridley to be posed properly when his sprites get remade (i'm pretty sure that will happen with every character at some point) instead of just fixing issues related to sprites' quality (like his tail, arms and wings).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU

Mach Rider
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:43 am

this is literally the reason sakurai refuses to add ridley to the actual smash games
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SS_Maeweather
Level 5 CPU

Knuckles
  ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:51 am

I feel like Ridley's sprite is fine, but his animation is kinda stiff.

But then again I have really low standards when it comes to stuff like this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JaegerKrieg
Level 3 CPU

Random
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:05 pm

Just played a match with Marth and... Oh sweet lord his walking animation... It's... I-... Wow.

Deffinitely adding to the list of urgent needed resprites.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Braystar
Level 6 CPU

Mario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:06 pm

Ridori, when you think of a fighting stance, do you really think Ridley would use the same boss stance? No. The one he has is much more suitable for a free for all battle party game like Smash.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ridori
Level 2 CPU

Ridley

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:12 pm

Braystar wrote:
Ridori, when you think of a fighting stance, do you really think Ridley would use the same boss stance? No. The one he has is much more suitable for a free for all battle party game like Smash.
Except it's impossible for him to keep same stance as one he has right now in Metroid and if he is hunched over in every single appearance no matter what he does, then it should be done in same way here. G&W didn't get smooth animations just because it's more suitable for a fighting game, so, there is no reason why Ridley should use stance he literally can't use. But enough about that. There's Ridley discussion thread for that and like many other character discussion threads, it needs some activity.

Mewtwo really needs to be redone. He is close to Samus' sprite animation quality (but not as bad because there are no animations with single sprite used for whole thing like her Side B). He is just so stiff and reuses same poses a lot. It's pretty bad considering how smooth his animations are in Smash 4. And some poses look pretty stupid (like when he is stunned), but animation quality is the main problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DestinyIntwined
Level 6 CPU

Little Mac
  DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:14 pm

Kzinssie wrote:
this is literally the reason sakurai refuses to add ridley to the actual smash games

No Ridley was just too big
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Braystar
Level 6 CPU

Mario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:38 pm

That Mr.G&W comparasion was terrible, as the whole point of G&W is that he's 2D and moves like a calculator figure. Ridley being resprited so he can be crouched down is a terrible reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jexulus
Level 3 CPU

Jexulus

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:12 pm

*Resurrection*

So, I actually want to throw this out here in light of both how this conversation has unfolded AND the fact that alt playstyles are a thing.

When it comes time to re-sprite Marth, I think making a sprite for Lucina at the same time should at least be considered. Her mechanics are already being implemented as an alt in 0.9.1, and I don't think the team would have confirmed giving Marth this alternate playstyle if they were also planning to completely re-sprite him in the same update. I personally think the whole alt. playstyle thing isn't going in the right direction at this point in time.

However, from what we know so far, the alt. playstyles we know about can be worked around in updates after 0.9.1. In Marth's case, it's literally Lucina, and considering a Marth re-sprite is all but happening in the distant future, I'd like to see that happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lego Shaq

Petey Piranha

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:32 pm

Jexulus wrote:
*Resurrection*

So, I actually want to throw this out here in light of both how this conversation has unfolded AND the fact that alt playstyles are a thing.

When it comes time to re-sprite Marth, I think making a sprite for Lucina at the same time should at least be considered.  Her mechanics are already being implemented as an alt in 0.9.1, and I don't think the team would have confirmed giving Marth this alternate playstyle if they were also planning to completely re-sprite him in the same update.  I personally think the whole alt. playstyle thing isn't going in the right direction at this point in time.

However, from what we know so far, the alt. playstyles we know about can be worked around in updates after 0.9.1.  In Marth's case, it's literally Lucina, and considering a Marth re-sprite is all but happening in the distant future, I'd like to see that happen.
That is basically just making an alt costume which are deconfirmed. I'm sorry but you really shouldn't expect a Lucina sprite for Marth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jexulus
Level 3 CPU

Jexulus

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:43 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Jexulus wrote:
*Resurrection*

When it comes time to re-sprite Marth, I think making a sprite for Lucina at the same time should at least be considered.  Her mechanics are already being implemented as an alt in 0.9.1, and I don't think the team would have confirmed giving Marth this alternate playstyle if they were also planning to completely re-sprite him in the same update.  I personally think the whole alt. playstyle thing isn't going in the right direction at this point in time.

However, from what we know so far, the alt. playstyles we know about can be worked around in updates after 0.9.1.  In Marth's case, it's literally Lucina, and considering a Marth re-sprite is all but happening in the distant future, I'd like to see that happen.
That is basically just making an alt costume which are deconfirmed. I'm sorry but you really shouldn't expect a Lucina sprite for Marth
In most cases, I probably would accept that. But, here are my two counterpoints to that:

1. Pichu is a clone character who only appeared in Melee. He's in this game (I know, he's a carry over from the old team, but still).
2. Lucina is technically already being implemented. It'd be one thing if Lucina's gameplay style wasn't already planned to appear in the game, and another if Marth wasn't going to receive a re-sprite. But, as it happens, both appear to be coming in the future.

I'm just saying the opportunity is there, really. I won't lose sleep over it, but there's enough aligning that it might not be too much of a hassle. Unless Marth's already been remade behind the scenes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dustination

Random
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:53 pm

Pichu actually isn't a carry over from the old team

There's a big difference in making some coding adjustments and spriting an entire character.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU

Klonoa
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:55 pm

Ever think that, if Lucina makes it into Crusade, she would be decloned significantly? Just look at Gannondorf; He is already greatly decloned in comparison to his Smash version (I wouldn't even consider him a semi-clone anymore), yet in the upcoming patch, he is being decloned even FURTHER.

I remember seeing a mod for Project M which introduced Lucina and Pichu, and Lucina handled nothing like Marth.

Edit: Didn't know that about Pichu (though that could explain the nice sprite-work). Thanks for re-introducing him (and giving him an actual advantage)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jexulus
Level 3 CPU

Jexulus

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:19 pm

Dustination wrote:
Pichu actually isn't a carry over from the old team

There's a big difference in making some coding adjustments and spriting an entire character.
Naturally. I'm simply making the connection that Marth is receiving a re-sprite at some point in time, and that Lucina sans sprites is being implemented in 0.9.1 as an alt playstyle for Marth. If at any point Lucina were to be put into Crusade, the most logical point I can imagine would be when Marth goes through the re-spriting process due to their similarities.

Again, I won't lose sleep if Lucina doesn't happen. But I do believe in the opportunity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Today at 6:47 pm

Back to top Go down

Who needs resprites the most?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 ::  :: Character Discussion-
Jump to:  
Free phpbb forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum