Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Smashfan247
Level 2 CPU

N/A

Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 2:58 am

Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  1871249_ruby_sapphire_may

Character:May from Pokemon, she is a Pokemon trainer, she first appeared in Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Game Boy Advance game. May was the female trainer when the game asks for your gender. When you select male, you are Brendan and the female is May.

Moves:Down A will make her shovel up Pokemon fossils as they fly towards the enemy causing damage, depending how long the player holds the A key, the farther the fossil will go. Her other moves are just her fists and kicks but she can be a good fighter like Wii Fit Trainer or Mario in that case.

Left or right B:Just like Wario, May will ride her bicycle around the stage, running over opponents and she get off at any time, the bike can be picked up and thrown.

Up B:She will release Beautifly and grabs hold of it's feet, Beautifly will take May up in the air for a short while until it disappears and back in it's ball. This move plays similar with Duck Hunt's fly move.

Down B:Discard, when she throws an item on the ground downwards, the item will appear to be different with various effects and they're random. Escape rope will whip opponents or pull them in close to May. Spray will poison anyone close with May. Key, simply just a regular looking key, like the ones you see in the games used for opening locked doors, this key is dangerous because the key is sharp like beam sword and will bounce for a while, the key causes high damage!

Idle B:May throws a pokeball or masterball at the opponent, depending on what type of ball it is, the pokeball does only a few damage from 5 to 7+ while the masterball can do about 25 or 30+ damage! But this one can be rare sometimes so timing is just like Luigi's burning uppercut jump or Mr Game and Watch's number 9 attack. Please note both different balls she throws are always empty balls so when they hit the ground, the balls will just open upon hitting her opponent and landing on the ground as it opens with no Pokemon.

Her A button moves should be using her fists and she can kick as well. Her fishing rod will be used for grappling hook to grab enemies and throwing them around. She can also use her rod for swinging like a baseball bat by tilting the key or stick while pressing A at once while moving.

Final Smash:May's eyes will glow just like the characters in Brawl, tying the bandanna around her head and not over her head, this will remind fans of Snake or Rambo in this move, she will pick up her Torchic and holding it from Torchic's feet and body just like what Banjo would do with Kazooie in the first person shooting game from Tooie! For a short time, her Torchic will fire flames for as long as the player presses the B key.

All of her taunts are up to the makers of this game.

Reason?:Smash Bros lacks human trainer characters from Pokemon so at least one, two or maybe more should be available for play. I would be very happy to see her anyway because May and also Starfy are my first two fighters to use in my own game but I am not able to finish it so I would like to see someone using May for Crusade instead!

Other:If May can get an alt character just like Luigi/Weegee and Ryu/Evil Ryu then maybe May should have Brendan or her other costume from Omega Ruby.

Ideas are subject to change so stay tuned for updates and keep an eye on my post here for updates!

Thanks for reading and please let me know of any errors and I will get back to fix it.

Last edited by Smashfan247 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:44 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : I finally pull off the idea for my own final smash idea for her!! Please read my new edit above!)
Back to top Go down
Nohrian Sadist

Nohrian Sadist

cheezetime

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 7:56 am

Smashfan247 wrote:

I am not really sure how should I really say this in order to keep the topic acceptable for the request thread.

For starters you should use the correct format to name your thread.
Back to top Go down
Smashfan247
Level 2 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 12:27 am

Leafyon wrote:
Smashfan247 wrote:

I am not really sure how should I really say this in order to keep the topic acceptable for the request thread.

For starters you should use the correct format to name your thread.

What do you mean? Sorry I don't understand but if there is an error then I would be happy to fix it.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 1:54 am

It already has been fixed.
Also, you should list her attacks in a flowchart, like this:

AAA-Combo: insert attack idea
Dash Attack: insert attack idea
Side Tilt: insert attack idea
Up Tilt: insert attack idea
Down Tilt: insert attack idea
Side Smash: insert attack idea
Up Smash: insert attack idea
Down Smash: insert attack idea
Neutral Air: insert attack idea
Forward Air: insert attack idea
Back Air: insert attack idea
Up Air: insert attack idea
Down Air: insert attack idea
Neutral Special: insert attack idea
Side Special: insert attack idea
Up Special: insert attack idea
Down Special: insert attack idea
Final Smash: insert attack idea
Back to top Go down
Smashfan247
Level 2 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 8:59 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
It already has been fixed.
Also, you should list her attacks in a flowchart, like this:

AAA-Combo: insert attack idea
Dash Attack: insert attack idea
Side Tilt: insert attack idea
Up Tilt: insert attack idea
Down Tilt: insert attack idea
Side Smash: insert attack idea
Up Smash: insert attack idea
Down Smash: insert attack idea
Neutral Air: insert attack idea
Forward Air: insert attack idea
Back Air: insert attack idea
Up Air: insert attack idea
Down Air: insert attack idea
Neutral Special: insert attack idea
Side Special: insert attack idea
Up Special: insert attack idea
Down Special: insert attack idea
Final Smash: insert attack idea

What if I can't come up with all of her moves? Why should I fill everything in the chart when everything else should leave to the developers? I am not the one to design this game. I just want my favorite characters in with a few ideas to help the designers if they will accept my requests.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 9:16 am

Smashfan247 wrote:
What if I can't come up with all of her moves? Why should I fill everything in the chart when everything else should leave to the developers? I am not the one to design this game. I just want my favorite characters in with a few ideas to help the designers if they will accept my requests.

You actually got it all wrong. Yes, you are not a developer of the game but in the end you're the one who suggested May and that makes YOU the one who has to CONVINCE the developers to add your suggested character to the game. Leaving blanks in the character's moveset would make you come of as lazy or not serious about your suggestion. If you can't come up with most of the character's moves chances are that the character was never meant to be in a fighting game in the first place.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 9:39 am

Okay, what's up with new requesters and their lack of effort as of late?
First bubsyplz, then Axtran, and now this!
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 10:47 am

1: The reason why there isn't a Pokémon Trainer in Smash bros yet is because he/she is not the one doing the fighting. The Pokémon Trainer in Brawl is an excellent way to showcase this.

2: May is just another Pokémon Trainer and doesn't stand out much from the others. Red was the original and has appeared in every single Pokémon generation except for Gen 6, shouldn't he be added before any other trainers?

3: Wanting to add a character because it's your favorite is a common thing around here. Heck, my first suggestion was on Grovyle from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2 because he is freakin' awesome, but that doesn't mean I gave it my all when I tried to convince everyone that he should be added. For reference, here is a bad example on how to suggest your favorite character.

4: Read the rules and watch other suggestions before posting on here. Watching YouTubers like "TheSkuxxedOne" may also help you in creating movesets.

5: Treat the admins with respect. Remember the a single character takes days, weeks or more to program. We're talking about spriting 24+ attacks, a bunch of sound effects and voices, finding sprites for said character that are in the correct size, balancing the character and more. It's not just "Hey I want this character because I say so". It's "This character is relevant and deserving because (blank) here's a moveset! (blank)"

For the reasons stated in #2, no support.
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 11:00 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Don't forget about Freddy's Pizza. He tried suggesting every single Playstation All-stars character with barely any effort put into the posts.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 11:02 am

I didn't even knew about that guy. And on the second thought, I'm glad that I didn't.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 11:36 am

Mellon wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
Don't forget about Freddy's Pizza. He tried suggesting every single Playstation All-stars character with barely any effort put into the posts.

They're nothing compared to Spoon, though.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 12:02 pm

Definitely! Spoon's threads are the only thread that cannot be salvaged, no matter what.
That's also why I made my own Roy thread instead of posting in Spoon's.
Back to top Go down
Smashfan247
Level 2 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Reply   Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 3:29 am

Mellon wrote:
1: The reason why there isn't a Pokémon Trainer in Smash bros yet is because he/she is not the one doing the fighting. The Pokémon Trainer in Brawl is an excellent way to showcase this.

2: May is just another Pokémon Trainer and doesn't stand out much from the others. Red was the original and has appeared in every single Pokémon generation except for Gen 6, shouldn't he be added before any other trainers?

3: Wanting to add a character because it's your favorite is a common thing around here. Heck, my first suggestion was on Grovyle from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2 because he is freakin' awesome, but that doesn't mean I gave it my all when I tried to convince everyone that he should be added. For reference, here is a bad example on how to suggest your favorite character.

4: Read the rules and watch other suggestions before posting on here. Watching YouTubers like "TheSkuxxedOne" may also help you in creating movesets.

5: Treat the admins with respect. Remember the a single character takes days, weeks or more to program. We're talking about spriting 24+ attacks, a bunch of sound effects and voices, finding sprites for said character that are in the correct size, balancing the character and more. It's not just "Hey I want this character because I say so". It's "This character is relevant and deserving because (blank) here's a moveset! (blank)"

For the reasons stated in #2, no support.

As for the first thing, screw that, because when it comes to fan games or making a game, creativity means anything and there should be no limits for whatever you make. I have a different view with the trainers and I have always considered them as just humans. However, I used to love the Pokemon creatures and I would collect over dozen of Tomy's little figures but those good days are gone and for over the years, I just changed, and I moved on to better interests. I am still so stuck up with Pokemon even today and because of my very strong attachment with the series, I would always ignore the creatures and I would only think about or even collect anything to do with the human characters. Unfortunately, humans never got any major games themselves due to no priority at all. Another problem is, I love anime girls so much, maybe too much, and that is why many of the trainers I loved are usually females from the Pokemon games and the Pokemon anime! lol.

I hate Ash, I never really cared much for him as much compare to the girls and in fact he's not really a star at all in the games or even in the anime. We all got to think again that it was Pikachu, the yellow electric rat of the whole never ending series of rpg games, although I still liked him, he's a cool and yet very powerful character and Smash fighter I would main him by the way but there will be absolutely nothing that will ever replace my favorite Pokemon girl of all time, May.

Last edited by Smashfan247 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smashfan247
Level 2 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 3:30 am

Mellon wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:

I am sorry but we really need a Pokemon human really badly here. Please support! Sad
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 6:32 am

Not too keen on the idea of a Trainer actually participating in the fight, and even if there was to be one, it should be the most significant one of all; Red.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 7:25 am

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Not too keen on the idea of a Trainer actually participating in the fight, and even if there was to be one, it should be the most significant one of all; Red.

Realistically, I agree with Golden. It's a bit of a given at this point that red is who the fans totally care about.
Back to top Go down
Smashfan247
Level 2 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 9:55 pm

HypeConduit wrote:
GoldenYuiitusin wrote:

Realistically, I agree with Golden. It's a bit of a given at this point that red is who the fans totally care about.

You would only agree to your own developers then millions of fans downloading your game...I have spent a lot of my time asking for May here on the boards, putting down all of her moves, I even request a stage for her and now you are going to deny my very first character request? Don't you ever realize how much I have already been going through with asking for May and she is not from anime or any other non-game media! Sad

Sure, I understand Bread or Bash is the star of Pokemon which is not true and he never appeared in sequels or even spin offs. Pikachu is the real star because Pikachu appears in every Pokemon game. I understand May is not as popular like Ash or Red in the games but that should not be the case! You see, Sapphire and Red shared the same role and position in the games as playable trainers for male and female choices so it would make a lot more sense why she should be playable in Crusade right?

The only problem is me, I have a different taste in Pokemon then what many of the fans have, especially anything to do with the creatures but I am no longer interested with the monsters as much like I used to, so I have always been hooked up with the human characters from both the anime and games, especially girls in this case.

I still wanted to give May a chance to appear in Crusade, she is my most favorite Nintendo character and I would like us to continue supporting her please.

I hope you have no offense with my reply, thanks and have a good day.

Last edited by Smashfan247 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 10:13 pm

Could you please stop arguing and just think about what moves she could possibly have a bit more? Your moveset doesn't have to be perfect, just good enough, y'know?
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 10:44 pm

Smashfan247 wrote:
she is my most favorite Nintendo character
That's not a good argument
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
Smashfan247
Level 2 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 1:15 am

I am sorry but it's not my fault bringing something up like this here, Winnie the Pooh started it and he already denies my request for May so what's the chance? Imagine how would you feel if someone denies your favorite trainer with an overrated character like Ash and Pikachu? Sad

Please keep an eye above at the first post for updates on May's moves but after Winnie the Pooh denies my request for the character May, I don't know what else I can do to continue her support.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 1:17 am

Smashfan247 wrote:
I am sorry but it's not my fault bringing something up like this here, Winnie the Pooh started it and he already denies my request for May so what's the chance? Imagine how would you feel if someone denies your favorite trainer with an overrated character like Ash and Pikachu? Sad

Please keep an eye above at the first post for updates on May's moves but after Winnie the Pooh denies my request for the character May, I don't know what else I can do to continue her support.

Winnie the Pooh is not solely responsible for what content gets in the game, not to mention he is only stating the facts.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 1:58 am

Smashfan247 wrote:

Maybe because those "overated characters" are the only reason why this franchise exist to begin with.
And no, his name is NOT Ash. His name is Red! Do you even lore?!
Back to top Go down
Smashfan247
Level 2 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 3:47 am

If May can't get in then my only last resort for asking human pokemon characters are the characters from other Game Freak games which have been drawn by Ken Sugimori! I was thinking about it since I cannot find any heads up for May around here. There is a chance for Team Rocket though but better chances for Ken Sugimori humans are Jill, Quinty, and Beatrice from Pulseman.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 7:48 am

Honestly, I would have probably said the same thing if Golden didn't. Red is easily still the most recognized, and if any female was to come into play, sure, it might be May, but realize that it could just as easily be Kris. Or Dawn. Maybe even Serena. Misty is even possible, being the leader of the Cerulean Gym, but I feel that Misty, May, and Dawn all have some negative connotations for Smash for being anime-dominant.

Personally, I've made 2/3 suggestions here too. My first one, Gomez from Fez, was so extremely unpopular I decided to have the thread locked. My second one was for a competition, and my third one, which wasn't even complete, was Marina from Mischief Makers, which even still barely received much appraisal due to obscurity. Requesting a character doesn't guarantee them a spot, even with a high quality post.

And for purpose of clarification, I am not in the position to completely shut down or approve your character idea. If I was the sole director of a character's worthiness, I probably would have 6 of my own locked 'n loaded for battle, as well as many others. That's obviously not going to happen due to quality control, but if it takes persuasion to make us believe that May is a better choice than any other trainer (or anything from Pokemon honestly) then there's no avoiding some high form of convincing. Not for you, not for anyone.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 8:05 am

Man, Marina Lightyears from Mischief Makers would have been an awesome addition. Sad
However, coming up with a complete moveset for her would be also hard, because she only had one single game, where she did only one single thing.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 10:22 am

And Wario does that thing already (unless that's been changed/planned to be changed back to the Chomp).

Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 11:06 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Man, Marina Lightyears from Mischief Makers would have been an awesome addition. Sad
However, coming up with a complete moveset for her would be also hard, because she only had one single game, where she did only one single thing.

Here man, I made a thread for her back in October. Glad to know you're interested. Very Happy

And Golden, there might be more to work with than you may think. Wink
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 11:18 am

You forgot her Final Smash, though. Razz
Back to top Go down
Smashfan247
Level 2 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 11:21 am

And why is this unrelated characters on my thread? Enough with the third party characters please, I am getting sick of it already with your bad honey Winnie lol.

Anyway, I am going to ask someone to close this boring thread and it's getting old now with this boring convo.

You guys would only stick with your own boring opinions and tossing everyone's characters aside just like the same way you would toss aside anime characters from the 4th party.

I don't see the point in requests anymore so I am leaving now, bye.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 11:40 am

Bye bye
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion    Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion  Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokemon trainer May (Pokemon) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next