Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Should these be added to the Trainer?
Yes (Specify which)
Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer Bar_left0%Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer Bar_right
 0% [ 0 ]
All
Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer Bar_left100%Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer Bar_right
 100% [ 4 ]
None
Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer Bar_left0%Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer Bar_right
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage

Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer   Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer EmptyTue May 15, 2012 3:12 pm

I have some ideas that I feel would make the Pokemon Trainer a better character over all.
1) Removal of Type Effectiveness.
This system in Brawl, while being a good throwback to the Pokemon Series, is completely unnecessary here. This is due to the fact that over half the cast uses Fire Elements attacks, where as only Squirtle and Ivysaur use Water and Grass moves respectively. This system helped make Ivysaur the worst of the three Pokemon. I do not believe that any Pokemon should hold a distinct advantage over another of this sort, so I feel the type effectiveness system should be removed.

2) Nerfing of the Stamina system
This curse that Sakurai put on the Pokemon Trainer made it so that you would have to balance out the use of Pokemon. I believe that people should try to balance out use of each Pokemon, so I don't think the system should be removed entirely, just have it nerfed. Instead of being on the stage for 2 minutes, then having to switch, I would suggest making it double, like 3 minutes, or 4 minutes. Or, we could remove the stamina system all together.

3) Faster Switch Times
In Brawl, whenever someone had to switch, (which did occur often thanks to Stamina) The ending lag of the switch forced people to take powerful attacks when the move ended. There was an advanced technique that allowed people to switch faster, called "Baton Pass", or "Zero Switch." However, it only worked on stages with moving platforms. I suggest making it so that Pokemon can act as soon as they are released from the Pokeball, or implement the Baton Pass in another way, making it more universal.

4) Independent Pokemon Alts
"Too many alts."
If the Stamina system is still present, there should be a way for you to play as one specific Pokemon for the whole match. And YES. it can work. However, it requires every Pokemon to have their own down special, and (not required) final smash. On the character select screen, the alt box won't be any more cluttered than Ryu's. If the box is set to "Pokemon Trainer," then the player can choose which Pokemon to start as by clicking on them on the Trainer's Portrait. The alt box toggles it to read "Charizard Only", "Squirtle Only", or "Ivysaur Only." Independent Pokemon do not have stamina, and cannot switch in anyway. However, they have their own Down special, and final smash.

I know the Trainer is no where near being finished, but he is one of my favorite characters to use in Brawl, and he can be improved greatly by implementing some of these changes. The only reason why I am posting this before any real progress on the trainer has started is that if #2 is implemented, the tired Pokemon idle does not need to be made. If #3 is implemented, The animation for Pokemon being sent out does not need to be as long as it is in Brawl. If #4 is implemented, then Down Special and Final Smash animations will have to be made for the individual Pokemon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer   Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer EmptyTue May 15, 2012 3:22 pm

I'm pretty sure the first one didn't exist.
And I agree with them all with the exception of the last one, for personal reasons.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer   Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer EmptyTue May 15, 2012 3:28 pm

I highly doubt we'll have stamina and type effectiveness. The switching time is entirely dependent on how quickly we can load the next pokemon.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer   Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer EmptyTue May 15, 2012 3:56 pm

Da Generic Name wrote:
I'm pretty sure the first one didn't exist.
And I agree with them all with the exception of the last one, for personal reasons.
It does. It makes Pokemon receive more knockback from moves that they are "weak" to. Because they are so many "Fire" Element moves, this was a huge disadvantage to Ivysaur.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer   Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer EmptyTue May 15, 2012 4:00 pm

To clarify, it was an additional 10% knockback for certain types of hitboxes.
For Squirtle, he took additional knockback from Grass hitboxes, and IIRC Ivysaur is the only character to have those.
Ivysaur took more knockback from Fire hitboxes, which a LOT of characters have.
Charizard took more knockback from Water hitboxes, and I think only Squirtle actually had them since FLUDD didn't do damage.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer   Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer EmptyTue May 15, 2012 4:04 pm

Dettadeus wrote:
To clarify, it was an additional 10% knockback for certain types of hitboxes.
For Squirtle, he took additional knockback from Grass hitboxes, and IIRC Ivysaur is the only character to have those.
Ivysaur took more knockback from Fire hitboxes, which a LOT of characters have.
Charizard took more knockback from Water hitboxes, and I think only Squirtle actually had them since FLUDD didn't do damage.
Exactly. This was a HUGE check on Ivysaur.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer   Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer EmptyTue May 15, 2012 4:16 pm

IMO, it should've only been if fighting another Pokemon Trainer.
As in Ivysaur was only affected heavier by Charizard's fire.
Back to top Go down
Jak

Klonoa

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer   Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:24 am

Dettadeus wrote:
The switching time is entirely dependent on how quickly we can load the next pokemon.
No, it won't be that way in Crusade.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer   Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer EmptyWed May 16, 2012 6:51 pm

Infermon wrote:
This, except for all Pokemon we include not just trainer (not sure if that would actually affect any of the others off-hand)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer   Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer EmptyWed May 16, 2012 8:52 pm

perfecthell4 wrote:
Infermon wrote:
This, except for all Pokemon we include not just trainer (not sure if that would actually affect any of the others off-hand)
Zoroark is likely going to be similar to Shang Tsung so he seems to be the only other one who it would affect
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer   Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:49 pm

Actually, this seems like a bad idea >.<

A Charizard main should not have an inherent advantage over an Ivysaur main, especially when it's two people who play against eachother a lot or in a tournament
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer   Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer EmptyWed May 16, 2012 10:10 pm

I never said it as an idea anyway. I'm just saying how it should've been in Brawl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer   Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestion for Pokemon Trainer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1