Moveset Competition v2.0!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 2:00 am

HypeConduit wrote:
Also, sorry you couldn't enter earlier, AEM, your moveset looks great!
Oh, it's no problem, but thank you Hype!
I mean I kinda started concepting it yesterday morning during class since we were just discussing the syllabus. I'm surprised I got to finish it in one day! I guess boredom really does help inspire me.
I read in an interview Sakurai had done regarding Mega Man talking about how he tries to make the Third-Party characters really stand out in comparison to the rest of the roster using gameplay concepts from they games they come from, since they technically aren't from the same universe of the Nintendo cast. I can see how this was implemented in Snake, Sonic, and Mega Man (not entirely sure on Pac-Man yet, but I'll have to have my hands on him before I can really judge on that).
So I thought trying to have my moveset have some sort of centered mechanic based on building and crafting would be really important and fun to have on Steve. I was kind of afraid the crafting mechanic seemed to be a little superfluous, but after scrapping some unnecessary aspects of it (additional tool ranks, less KOs necessary, etc.) I think it fits in pretty nicely to make a unique character even more unique. Kinda like Robin in Smash For in a way I guess.

I liked your moveset too, I think it has a nice mix of unique ideas with that good old Smash Bros. themed move goodness. But I have to agree with you on the down special might being a bit too out there. But it does incorporate building things, so I feel like I really shouldn't complain much about it. All and all, a really nice set! I don't really have enough patience to concept every normal attack unless it's a character I'm really devoted to.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 4:47 am

AEM wrote:
I don't really have enough patience to concept every normal attack unless it's a character I'm really devoted to.

He's not the first character I've done it for, honestly. Razz Gomez from Fez was my first real, full moveset, and although he's as relevant to Smash as Steve is, he was really just a flimsy project. I don't think I even made his wake-up or edge-climb attack, and if my memory serves me well, I didn't even explain the throws or pummels at all.

I wouldn't say I'm really devoted to Minecraft. The deepest I go with that game is puzzle and adventure maps. I can't even stand modpacks, and minus maybe one or two servers, the multiplayer is absolutely abysmal. The only reason I think I can stomach the game is because it reminds me of LittleBigPlanet and because the music is great.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 5:34 am

Actually, now that I think about it, I'll pass on choosing the next character. Can't think of anyone I'd want to subject others to building around. I'll just leave that to you, SP. Sorry for the short notice.

Also, sorry for the post spamming.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 7:12 am

Alright then. I'm not gonna have a sign-up period for this second one, just send in your moveset to myself and any other judges that have signed up (I think Dry and Dr. CanadianBacon wanted to judge. Not sure if Blitz wants to again) if you want to enter.

Anyway, here's the character for this week:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 9:43 am

I know little about Mickey Mouse, I won't be entering this week. Razz
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 9:45 am

Passing on this round. I love Disney and all, but Mickey's a little big for me.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 9:47 am

Pfft cowards. Sign me up.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:39 am

I'm gonna pass simply because I won last round. Thanks though.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 11:26 am

Passing on this one sorry
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 12:45 pm

Sliss might win by default here lmfao
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 1:31 pm

Well, if there are a lack of participants I'll enter this round too. But you gotta reply to my PM first Puft Razz
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 1:38 pm

Well if so many are dropping out you guys should consider picking a different character.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 5:31 pm

I figured people could be more varied with mickey, like someone maybe wanting to make a moveset for sorcerer mickey, maybe someone makes a moveset based on epic mickey, etc. I never said it had to be a mickey mouse general thing

but if people really dont wanna do this I can choose another character
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 6:31 pm

Regardless, I will be sitting out the next round, Mickey or not. I'll be back for round 3 though!
Back to top Go down
Gamey DJ
Level 6 CPU
Gamey DJ

nah

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 7:47 pm

Hell why not? I used to be a Mickey Mouse fan anyways.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 7:24 pm

Hm, can we revive this? I liked it until Mickey Mouse.

So I just don't like Mickey Mouse. And this all died.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 7:52 pm

ok new character is shrek new movesets due by next monday
Back to top Go down
Gamey DJ
Level 6 CPU
Gamey DJ

nah

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 8:31 pm

Wow that was quick.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 12:59 am

so no revamp of the system or anything?

Also are the judges still you, me, Blitz and Bacon?
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 3:28 am

Gamey DJ wrote:
Wow that was quick.

I think he's being sarcastic. scratch
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 5:38 am

oh

We should still totally try this again, but find someone who has the time to properly organise and hold the thing together.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 6:05 am

Only reason this died was because everyone was scared of a small mouse in pants. If you give me some time to think of a character and get judges together we can do this again soon. I may also want to require a full moveset as opposed to specials and a final smash.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 10:19 am

Or we could get the previous winner to choose the character for us. This way you can only win every other round, and there's some incentive to win.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 10:26 am

I dont think Hype wanted to choose a character, but if he wants to now he can
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 11:06 am

If the prize is that you can pick the next character I'd be up for giving it another go.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Spoon300
Level 4 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 10:05 am

Okay, Then I guess I'll get the Ball Rolling.

Internet Reviewer Pan-Pizza of RebelTaxi, Due by the release of Smash 4 Wii U, Pizza Cutter Spear for his weapon, Juice and Jam Time.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 10:37 am

Spoon300 wrote:

Internet Reviewer Pan-Pizza of RebelTaxi, Due by the release of Smash 4 Wii U, Pizza Cutter Spear for his weapon, Juice and Jam Time.

Hahaha oh my god what
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 10:48 am

Dustination wrote:
Spoon300 wrote:

Hahaha oh my god what
This.

I mean if we're not going for a games character at least make them universally recognisable like Batman or Stitch.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 1:05 pm

Based on my free time, I'd do this, but... Ehh... RebelTaxi? No thanks. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Gamey DJ
Level 6 CPU
Gamey DJ

nah

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 1:35 pm

I'd rather come up with a moveset for a random cow than one for RebelTaxi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moveset Competition v2.0!   Moveset Competition v2.0! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Moveset Competition v2.0!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next