Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dr. Neo Cortex Moveset

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SP

cellularSP

Dr. Neo Cortex Moveset Empty
PostSubject: Dr. Neo Cortex Moveset   Dr. Neo Cortex Moveset EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 2:12 pm

I'm supporting Cortex! SHOCKER!

Actually I made this moveset and wanted to share it. I've planned a playstyle around it, etc. I'm not going to go into representation and crap like that, because in my opinion none of that really matters. What matters is if the character is fun/unique to play as or not, in my opinion, and I think Cortex can bring something new to the table. He's also a mad scientist, which we, uh, don't have yet. Get on that, devs.

Playstyle:
Cortex is able to have great stage control and is able to force his opponent to act in certain ways, otherwise they take heavy damage. Cortex has the ability to deal heavy damage to opponents from medium to long range, though has trouble at short range.

Neutral Special - Laser Shot - Cortex fires a bolt from his laser, which can be charged. The released projectile on all levels moves somewhat slowly for a projectile, and Cortex suffers from ending lag after firing, reducing this move's ability to be spammed. Charging shots increases their size and damage, which is actually fairly high for a projectile. These shots also do not disappear until they travel off-screen. Despite not being spammable and somewhat easy to dodge, these shots hurt a lot, and creating an area where an opponent needs to dodge or maneuver around is where these shine - if opponents don’t conform or react to what Cortex is doing with these, opponents are in for a world of hurt.

Side Special - Rocket Boost - Cortex activates a rocketpack that is located on his back and boosts forwards, damaging opponents he runs into. This can be used as a quick escape mechanism or be used to chase down opponents. This attack deals multiple hits of damage while Cortex runs into opponents, and the final hit deals good knockback. Pressing B while boosting stops Cortex short and he performs a small blast with his laser, stunning opponents if it hits them.

Up Special - Hover Device - Cortex hops onto his hover device, and can fly around at a decent speed while being able to fly around freely in any direction as he pleases. Cortex is able to use his three other specials while on the hover device. Using his side special grants him an enormous amount of speed and distance while on the hover device, but it ends the up special early (it leaves the hover device behind, which falls down and can damage opponents; think Sonic’s spring in that regard). Aside from specials, Cortex cannot damage opponents normally with this move.

Down Special - Remote Mine - Cortex flips a landmine onto the ground in front of himself, and is able to have up to two of these out at a time. These are large and easy to see, and deal very good damage if opponents hit them. Cortex cannot detonate them manually normally, though by trying to use a third mine, the mine out the longest will automatically explode, though only dealing half the damage it would if opponents landed on it normally. If used in the air, the mine will spin through the air, traveling completely vertically downwards. These mines can detonate normally if opponents touch them, just like normal mines on the ground.

Final Smash - Giant Laser - Cortex hops off-screen, then a large laser with Cortex controlling it appears in a first-person shooter-like pose in the front of the screen. This can be controlled and fired at opponents on-stage, dealing high damage to those that it hits. Think of this sort of like Snake’s final smash from Brawl.

Totally not wanting this being lost in the moveset thread so I'm posting it here. Nope.
Back to top Go down
VStar79
Level 1 CPU

N/A

Dr. Neo Cortex Moveset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr. Neo Cortex Moveset   Dr. Neo Cortex Moveset EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 10:20 am

I like this a lot! Though I do have a few suggestions for specials and even some basic attacks if you'd like to hear them.
Back to top Go down

Dr. Neo Cortex Moveset
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1