HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Quote Moveset [WIP]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

Quote Moveset [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Quote Moveset [WIP]   Quote Moveset [WIP] EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 10:31 pm

Decided to make a moveset for Quote, since I'm fairly certain he'll be in and I want to make sure he's as awesome as possible.

A couple of things to note before reading the moveset:
-It's not finished yet. Only the U-Air and D-Air remain.
-Quote is going to be a largely mid/long ranged fighter with an amazing camping game. His specials are nearly a whole moveset on their own, and cover a wide range of situations, and every single weapon in Cave Story is used (not all levels are used though, and some have different levels used for different specials). I've done a few things to balance this, the most important being that his close-up game is going to suck. A few other things include:
--Each Special is balanced so as to not be overpowered. Spur and Nemesis, obviously, are going to be among the best specials, but they have some bad drawbacks (Spur's level 1 spam has terrible range and no knockback and hitstun, Nemesis rotation has level 3 as S-Special, etc).
--Each Special Rotation is balanced out so that no one rotation is OP. The rotation with the Spur as N-Special, for example, has a relatively terrible S-Special (Blade level 2, which has the shortest range out of all three levels of the Blade).
--Each weapon is balanced specifically to the other weapon in its set by level and stats. In almost all cases, S-Special is balanced off of N-Special to either counter it being OP or make up for it being pretty bad.

So now, the moveset:

Stats:
Movement [Ground]: Medium. About the speed of Mr. Game&Watch.
Movement [Air]: High. Slightly slower than Jiggs.
Jump: Rather short. SH is very low.
Mid-Air Jump: Similar to Ness's or Yoshi's but without super armor. To balance this, Specials can be used while he's rising.
Weight: Medium to high. He's a robot, after all.
Fall speed: Medium, similar to his falling speed in Cave Story.
Size: Small, perhaps the size of Ness or Lucas.

Normals:
-Jab: Pistol Whip. Quote flails his Polar Star forward twice, then hits with the handle of the Blade. First two hits do 2% each and very little knockback/hitstun, third does 3%, low knockback and low hitstun.
-F-tilt: Jellyfish Juice. Quote opens and spills a bottle of Jellyfish Juice. Does 5%, medium knockback, low hitstun, short range.
-D-Tilt: Mr. Little. Mr. Little pops out from the ground and dashes back and forth for a second. Does 6%, medium knockback at a high angle, low hitstun and very short range (think G&W's d-tilt but worse range).
-U-Tilt: Fireball level 3. Quote shoots a fireball straight up, and it disappears upon contacting the ground. Does 6%, medium knockback, low hitstun, and has very short range.
-F-Smash: Blade. Quote slashes forward similarly to Marth's F-Smash, but it cannot tip and has shorter range. Uncharged does 10%, medium knockback, low hitstun, has pretty good range.
-U-Smash: Rocket Launcher Misfire. Quote aims his Rocket Launcher upwards and fires, but it misfires and explodes before leaving the launcher. Uncharged does 15%, high knockback, high hitstun, and has short range. Has terrible ending lag.
-D-Smash: King's Rage. King launches a flurry of slashes around Quote that drag the opponent in before releasing a final slash, similar to Rotation 4's S-Special. Each slash does 1% and knockback that drags the opponent towards Quote with high hitstun. The last slash does 2%, high knockback, and medium hitstun. Charging D-Smash causes more initial slashes and a larger range. Probably Quote's most useful smash.
-Dash Attack: Quote trips, similarly to Jigglypuff's dash attack. Does 5%, low knockback and low hitstun.
-N-Air: King's Rage (Aerial). Similar to D-Smash, but shorter range and unchargeable.
-F-Air: Tether Rope. Quote whips the Tether Rope forward quickly. Long range. Does 7%, medium knockback and low hitstun.
-B-Air: Quote swipes behind him with the Level 1 Blade. Very short range, 8%, medium knockback, low hitstun.
-D-Air:
-U-Air:
-Edge Attack: Quote gets up from the ledge and slashes at the ground with the Blade. Does 5%, low knockback, low hitstun.
-Grab: Quote grabs with his arm. Terrible range. (Didn't think to use the Tether Rope, did he?)
-F-Throw: Quote chucks the opponent forward at a low angle and fires the level 2 Nemesis at them. Throw does 2%, Nemesis shot does 7% and medium knockback and hitstun.
-B-Throw: Quote forces the opponent onto the ground behind him and fires the level 3 Machine Gun for a short time, dealing 12%. The final hit does medium knockback and hitstun.
-D-Throw: Quote forces the opponent onto the ground and one of Jenka's dogs whips around them, dealing 9%, medium knockback and low hitstun.
-U-throw: Quote throws the opponent upwards and Ma Pignon smacks into them from below. Throw does 3%, Ma Pignon does 7%, high knockback, medium hitstun.

Specials:
[Note: All N- and S-Specials can be aimed up (air or ground) or down (air) by inputting the additional direction during the start-up animation, like Gooey's N-Special.]
•Rotation 1:
-N-Special: Spur. Chargeable and spammable. Level 1 charge can be spammed, but has short range, barely does damage (2-3%), no knockback and hitstun, priority 2. Level 2 has decent range (2/3 length of Final Destination), little knockback, medium damage (~10%), little hitstun, priority 4. Level 3 has infinite range, high knockback, high damage (~25%), medium hitstun, transcendent priority.
-S-Special: Blade, Level 2. Short range, medium knockback, high hitstun, medium damage (~7%), priority 4. Somewhat spammable.
•Rotation 2:
-N-Special: Nemesis, level 1. Spammable, not chargeable. Medium range, medium knockback, medium damage (~9%), no hitstun, transcendent priority.
-S-Special: Nemesis, Level 3. Not spammable, not chargeable. Short range, low knockback, low damage (~2%), high hitstun, priority 1.
•Rotation 3:
-N-Special: Bubbler, Level 3. Somewhat spammable, pseudo-chargeable. Individual bubbles have low knockback and hitstun, low damage (1-2%), priority 4. Bubble Shuriken have low knockback, medium hitstun, low damage (~3%), medium to long range, priority 2. Can hold special to spawn more bubbles, can have 15 at a time before they fire on their own. Releasing special fires all bubbles at random velocities.
-S-Special: Sword, Level 1. Not spammable, not chargeable. Medium knockback, low hitstun, low damage (~5%), priority 2.
•Rotation 4:
-N-Special: Fireball, Level 1. Spammable up to 2 shots, not chargeable. Fireballs bounce along the ground. Medium range, low knockback and hitstun, low damage (~5%), priority 1.
-S-Special: Blade, Level 3. Not spammable, not chargeable. Medium range. Slashes do 1% each, very low knockback and hitstun, transcendent priority. Being hit by King does 4% damage, high hitstun, no knockback, starts a flurry of special slashes ending with one large slash. Special slashes do 1% each, medium hitstun, low knockback, priority 4. Large slash does 2%, high knockback, low hitstun, transcendent priority.
•Rotation 5:
-N-Special: Machine gun, level 1. Not chargeable, spams by holding special. Short range, low damage (1%), no knockback, no hitstun, transcendent priority.
-S-Special: Snake, level 3. Not chargeable, spammable up to 2 shots. Long range, medium damage (5-6%), low knockback, no hitstun, transcendent priority.
•Rotation 6:
-N-Special: Polar Star, level 3. Spammable up to 4 shots, not chargeable. Medium range, low damage (~4%), no knockback, no hitstun, transcendent priority.
-S-Special: Rocket Launcher, level 2 (no upgrade). Not spammable, not chargeable, very high ending lag. Very long range, high damage (~12%), high knockback, low hitstun, priority 3.

-U-Special: Booster 2.0. Has a certain amount of fuel, recharges instantly upon contact with ground. Works similarly to R.O.B.'s U-Special. If you input U-Special and left/right within one frame, Quote will boost in either direction instead of up.

-D-Special: Weapons Rotation. Shifts Quote through his six weapon rotations in order, changing his N-Special and S-Special in each one. Has a bit of startup lag, but cancels into itself for quick rotations.

-Final Smash: Iron Bond. Curly appears attached on Quote's back, wielding the level 1 Nemesis. Every time Quote inputs N- or S-Special, Curly fires the Nemesis in the opposite direction (if aimed up while on the ground, she will fire upwards as well). Lasts for 20 seconds. If the Spur is fully charged at any point during the Final Smash, the Whimsical Star begins to follow him around. The small star does 1% and no knockback/hitstun, medium star does 1%, low knockback and no hitstun, and the big star does 2%, low knockback and low hitstun. This goes away after the Final Smash ends.

Comment, suggest, all that stuff. Keep in mind that if you're suggesting normal attacks, they have to be pretty bad in one way or another so Quote stays balanced.

Last edited by Dettadeus on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding in Whimsical Star)
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Quote Moveset [WIP]   Quote Moveset [WIP] EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 11:20 pm

Dettadeus wrote:
Decided to make a moveset for Quote, since I'm fairly certain he'll be in and I want to make sure he's as awesome as possible.

Yeah, because there are no obstacles outside our control at all.
Need I remind you about his creator? If you can get his permission, by all means, add Quote. Otherwise, don't act like he's a sureshot.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Quote Moveset [WIP]   Quote Moveset [WIP] EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 pm

In meaning on the roster. With a year before the DLC roster even gets close to finalization, we have a lot of time to negotiate with NIS/Nicalis to use Quote.

Also the normal attacks are posted, save for D-Air and U-Air which I can't think of. Taking suggestions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quote Moveset [WIP]   Quote Moveset [WIP] EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 8:39 am

I posted on Nicalis' Facebook asking for permission to use Quote for this game.

Come morning, the post had been deleted.

I consider that Access Denied.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Quote Moveset [WIP]   Quote Moveset [WIP] EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 10:49 pm

I'm the one with the Quote Expansion, and you completely make this without noting me.

I'm pretty dissapointed in you.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Quote Moveset [WIP]   Quote Moveset [WIP] EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:21 pm

SSF2 and Crusade don't have to have the exact same Quote.
And personally I didn't like the sprites you were using. :/ I know they're official sprites, but the dimensions seem off to me.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Quote Moveset [WIP]   Quote Moveset [WIP] EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:38 pm

Alright, what do you suggest they should be then?
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Quote Moveset [WIP]   Quote Moveset [WIP] EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:50 pm

Not actually sure yet. I had the idea of making him look nearly identical to his original appearance. E.G.: Same sprites as in the original version of Cave Story (yeah, those tiny ones), his current weapon rotation would be shown in a small graphic above and to the left of him, stuff like that. Either that or custom sprites, although it still depends on if I can actually get Nicalis to respond to me. I'd say if I contact them a couple times and they still don't respond, there shouldn't be a problem because they wouldn't answer when asked. I might ask Pixel as well if I can get someone who knows Japanese to translate for me.

And remind me again of the last time you actually updated that expansion? Razz Last edit of that OP was April 25th.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Quote Moveset [WIP]   Quote Moveset [WIP] EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 10:44 am

oh wow this is still here

Quote Moveset [WIP] Idlewip2 Quote Moveset [WIP] Run

^ would be what he'd look like in sprite form (based on cavestory 3D design)

and uh
i don't think i was going to make any changes to the moveset i posted, seems fine to me

go vote quote and if you haven't played cave story, get on that asap
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Quote Moveset [WIP]   Quote Moveset [WIP] EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 3:12 am

Dettadeus wrote:
And remind me again of the last time you actually updated that expansion? Razz Last edit of that OP was April 25th.
listen here 2011 det, it doesnt matter when 2011 aem last updated that op
what matters is that you didnt tell 2011 aem you were making a quote moveset and he would have loved to help you because hes a massive cave story NERD.

Also I guess that it would probably be better that the images of quote's current weapon rotation be around his hud like Little Mac's KO Meter being above his hud in smash for. But you probably thought of that after like around three years so ye.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quote Moveset [WIP]   Quote Moveset [WIP] Empty

Back to top Go down

Quote Moveset [WIP]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1