Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
ZS
Level 6 CPU
ZS

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 11:42 am

C_Mill24 wrote:
ZS wrote:
Ghirahim is an assist trophy........wow........the fact that Toon Link is a playable character over assist trophies like Midna and Ghirahim just make me feel dead inside. Extremely disappointing Sad
How so? Midna and Ghirahim have had only one canon appearence while Toon Link has had 6 games of his own. Just because Ghirahim and Midna are popular characters doesn't exactly make them iconic or the best choice as a playable character. To be quite honest, I'm glad Ghirahim isn't playable in Smash because there really isn't anything new he really brings to the table (now everyone will start arguing my statement with clone characters).

Neither does Toon Link and he gets a free pass. While i do like him in the Zelda games (Wind Waker especially), he adds nothing to the roster at all. If he would be decloned, now we're talking. But as of right now, he is the same thing as he was in Brawl. Lucina, despite being a clone, adds a new female fighter, a female swordsman (which is new) and a playable female Fire Emblem rep (which is also new). Toon Link adds absolutely nothing and he gets in over potentially unique fighters like Midna & Ghirahim? That pi**** me off.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 11:52 am

I never really liked Ghirahim, glad he's only an assist trophy. But, does this Debunk the "Trophy Quiz Characters"?
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 1:02 pm

Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:
I never really liked Ghirahim, glad he's only an assist trophy. But, does this Debunk the "Trophy Quiz Characters"?
Well this doesn't deconfirm a Zelda rep, so I'd say no. We've heard some fairly reputable leaks that refer to Impa as playable.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 1:11 pm

Ganonthegreat wrote:
Okay, after thinking about it for a while, I'm on the side of fake.

Yeah it's very convincing. The character look professional, it ties into a lot of what other leakers have been saying. However these facts have led me to believe it's an elaborate hoax.

1. "Leaker 1" has lied about the DLC, that has been proven. Therefore we can say he is an untrustworthy source because if he had genuine pictures he wouldn't feel the need to fake DLC news.

2. "Leaker 3"'s image showing the renders of Lucina, Shulk, Ganondorf and Charizard has a blatant mistake, the word "Disabled" is written at "Disablad". This has tried to be explained as him trying to make the leak seem fake himself. However this would be insane as why would you make an leak seem fake if you're the one leaking the image in the first place? And Leaker 3 has access to the Ganondorf render that was on the CSS so he's clearly affiliated.

To be fair it probably would have been easier for Leaker 1 to write a couple names down to eff with people than it would have been to create multiple elaborate CSS screens. (Which were shared by two separate people, mind you.)

The in-game Shulk pics have already been confirmed to be fabricated, I agree with Dry on this one. I could just as easily go and create a fake Wario image using Brawl models and a shitty camera phone, just for the sake of fucking with the fanbase.

Ganonthegreat wrote:
It's possible that the leakers don't have English as their native language.
I'm not sure if you saw his post on Smashboards but he was speaking pretty fluent English.

Also it's worth noting that the Mario render in that Dr. Mario comparison thing has indeed been tampered with to make it more similar, here is the original:
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/2/2b/Marioptds.png

HypeConduit wrote:
Anybody who creates a fake roster to pass off as the real deal are probably not as deep and cunning as you think
You'd be surprised.

Last edited by Dustination on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 1:17 pm

Ganonthegreat wrote:
Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:
Well this doesn't deconfirm a Zelda rep, so I'd say no. We've heard some fairly reputable leaks that refer to Impa as playable.

Speaking of Impa, she has no reason to be playable. Before Hyrule Warriors, she's just like Ghirahim, she only appeared in one game and is completely irrelevant. And if all Characters are chosen before the game is shown/started development (one of the two) then she has even less reason to be there. Same with Septile, Sakurai would've had to know that Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were being developed WAY before they were announced, that that is HIGHLY unlikely, that's why I have doubts that either of these characters are going to get in because they're only recently relevant. Personally, I don't feel like there are many other characters they can pull from the Zelda series, Impa has a chance, but honestly, I do feel like Ghirahim had the biggest chance out of them all since he was recently relevant, and he was popular. I didn't know who Impa was until Hyrule Warriors was announced, and considering how much time I spend on the Internet I don't feel like she was popular before Hyrule Warriors and more of a side-character of the series. I wouldn't mind her being playable, but I don't feel like it's going to happen, at all.

And... Sorry for this little rant, it just bothers me that people expect Septile and Impa playable since they both recently shown up in something. If they do show up, I'll be surprised, but I just don't think it'll happen.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 1:18 pm

Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:
Ganonthegreat wrote:
Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:

Speaking of Impa, she has no reason to be playable. Before Hyrule Warriors, she's just like Ghirahim, she only appeared in one game and is completely irrelevant.

-The Legend of Zelda
-The Adventure of Link
-Ocarina of Time
-Oracle of Ages
-Oracle of Seasons
-Skyward Sword

She was in ALBW too but that's discredited because the roster was chosen before then.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 1:36 pm

Dustination wrote:
Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:
Ganonthegreat wrote:
Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:

Speaking of Impa, she has no reason to be playable. Before Hyrule Warriors, she's just like Ghirahim, she only appeared in one game and is completely irrelevant.

-The Legend of Zelda
-The Adventure of Link
-Ocarina of Time
-Oracle of Ages
-Oracle of Seasons
-Skyward Sword

She was in ALBW too but that's discredited because the roster was chosen before then.
This is very true, however in LoZ, Zelda II and the Oracle games she is... Wider and older than most people know her as. However yeah in Ocarina and Skyward she was the Impa we see in Hyrule Warriors.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 1:42 pm

Ganonthegreat wrote:
Dustination wrote:
Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:
Ganonthegreat wrote:
Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:

-The Legend of Zelda
-The Adventure of Link
-Ocarina of Time
-Oracle of Ages
-Oracle of Seasons
-Skyward Sword

This is very true, however in LoZ, Zelda II and the Oracle games she is... Wider and older than most people know her as. However yeah in Ocarina and Skyward she was the Impa we see in Hyrule Warriors.

Wait, was she really in all those games?
That's awkward...
Apparently I just never heard about her until Hyrule Warriors, my bad. But my point does still stand for Septile

Idk, I just don't feel like we'll be seeing Impa...

EDIT: I'll be honest, she only looks like a fighter in her Ocarina of Time appearance, she's different than I thought in the others... is she not also an elder in Skyward? Because it looks like that in the picture I looked at... Either way, Idk, maybe she'll be in, maybe not.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 1:49 pm

In Skyward she's actually the youngest she's been, she's a lot thinner than her other incarnations too.
Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 2254639-impa_skyward_sword

Also, seeing as tomorrow's a Friday we could be getting a Veteran tomorrow. Even though it hasn't been long since Meta Knight we may get an increase in characters in the home stretch. I guess tomorrow could be make or break for the leak.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 1:52 pm

Ganonthegreat wrote:
In Skyward she's actually the youngest she's been, she's a lot thinner than her other incarnations too.
Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 2254639-impa_skyward_sword

Also, seeing as tomorrow's a Friday we could be getting a Veteran tomorrow. Even though it hasn't been long since Meta Knight we may get an increase in characters in the home stretch. I guess tomorrow could be make or break for the leak.

Oh wow, well, perhaps then.
I feel like we could get a vet. tomorrow, or perhaps another Newcomer Trailer announcement... nah, that's just me. Although, it has been a month since Robin and Lucina, I wouldn't mind seeing another Newcomer soon...
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 4:13 pm

Ganonthegreat wrote:

I think it's a little too soon to call as we like just got a veteran like a week ago.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 4:54 pm

C_Mill24 wrote:
Ganonthegreat wrote:

I think it's a little too soon to call as  we like just got a veteran like a week ago.

But we only have a few weeks left until Japan release. Personally, I feel like they're going to show almost every character in the game, so I wouldn't be surprised if we get another tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 2:41 am

Someone mentioned Sceptile?

He was my first ever Pokemon (well, Treecko was, y'know what I mean). God I would be so happy if Sceptile was in.

I didn't realise people were speculating him based on him appearing recently. What I always thought about Sceptile was the fact that we have Charizard and Greninja. That leaves a gaping hole in the starter trio. The only one that is humanoid enough is Sceptile.

Also, it would be interesting to see what direction they take with Sceptile. He's sort of a two-sided Pokemon, with a physical and a special side. The physical one is the slightly more "canon" one, using moves like Leaf Blade, Fury Cutter, False Swipe, etc. The special one is competitively viable but also common in the Battle Frontier's pseudo-competitive movesets, which uses Substitute and Leech Seed.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 2:45 am

Dry wrote:
Someone mentioned Sceptile?

He was my first ever Pokemon (well, Treecko was, y'know what I mean). God I would be so happy if Sceptile was in.

I didn't realise people were speculating him based on him appearing recently. What I always thought about Sceptile was the fact that we have Charizard and Greninja. That leaves a gaping hole in the starter trio. The only one that is humanoid enough is Sceptile.

Also, it would be interesting to see what direction they take with Sceptile. He's sort of a two-sided Pokemon, with a physical and a special side. The physical one is the slightly more "canon" one, using moves like Leaf Blade, Fury Cutter, False Swipe, etc. The special one is competitively viable but also common in the Battle Frontier's pseudo-competitive movesets, which uses Substitute and Leech Seed.

More people want Sceptile than you think, lol. Razz
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-forest-master-rises-sceptile-for-smash-bros-over-100-supporters.352922/

I would absolutely love Sceptile but I honestly don't think it's going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 4:08 am

at this point, if there is a 5th Pokemon, I think it will come down to Mewtwo or Jigglypuff.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 6:35 am

Some music was added to the site I think, unless this is old news... but I don't think so since today's update was based on music

http://www.smashbros.com/us/music/

Multi-Man Smash is a remix of the main theme but it really sounds like a theme to get you pumped during a match... I like it

XY Pokémon Battle is just a remix but it's a nice remix... same one we heard during Greninja's trailer p. sure

Spirit Tracks... never played it, but this music is really nice, probably my favorite of the three that was uploaded actually

Also there's some composers from Xenoblade chronicles SHULK CONFIRMED HYUK HYUK
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 6:59 am

Some of the composers from Soul Calibur got in on this. Probably just doing music.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 7:11 am

The music is really well done~
I'm really happy with this PotD! It's neat to see all that stuff. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 2:58 am

New scans from the Nintendo Dream magazine, some interesting stuff in here.
https://imgur.com/a/wKNdh
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 5:21 am

I wouldn't say so. The fact that [Data Redacted] has yet to be mentioned by name means something.

Last edited by Slissith on Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gamey DJ
Level 6 CPU
Gamey DJ

nah

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 5:47 am

Ooo I like that kirby costume.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 6:09 am

i dont spot anything noteworthy
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 7:14 am

I really wanted that Kirby skin to go to Meta Knight, rather than Kirby getting it. That skin is basically a maskless Meta Knight after all, it's like having Sheik as a Zero Suit Samus skin.

The Dragon Gun Mii is amazing, I love that.

As for Pyrosphere, you have to remember that this magazine probably doesn't know about Ridley. I'm also going to C&P something I posted to SmashBoards on the subject of Ridley.
Quote :
I don't know if this has been considered but watching that Ridley clip from the Direct I noticed something.

I personally think the way he moved in the trailer is more of a clue than how he looks. If you watch the clip you'll see that he flies on, stops, repeats a hovering animation and instantly moves on at the same speed. This seems like very strange movements for a Stage Hazard. In fact if you compare it to the other stage bosses in the other games (Including Master Hand, Crazy Hand, Tabuu and all the Subspace Bosses, plus things like Yellow Devil, Find Mii and Mushroom Kingdom U), the only case I can find of this kind of behaviour is from character that are based on actual playable characters in the games (Namely the Shadow Characters from Subspace, and Giga Bowser).

All other bosses tend to have "zones" on the stage that they swap in and out of (Mainly on either end of the stage, save for characters like Tabuu). When they consider it time to move between zones they either attack or very swiftly zip to the other end of the stage. IMO the movements that the Ridley shadow casts is much more consistent with the movement of a player.

Of course it's also possible that Ridley is both a stage hazard and playable, if that is the case I personally believe that if somebody picks Ridley on Pyrosphere the stage hazard role will go to Meta Ridley.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 8:22 am

There is so much evidence supporting both outcomes at the moment. I feel speculating about Ridley's inclusion is near pointless right now.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 9:06 am

Meta Knight's Final Smash has unfortunately not changed. Personally, I wasn't a fan of it in Brawl, and I'd prefer the giant Mach Tornado from games like Super Star and Amazing Mirror.

Spoiler:

Also I love the Masked Meta Knight Kirby costume, even though he's a darker colour.... Still love it!
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 7:28 am

rip ridley

it only took a year to get something really noteworthy to disconfirm him
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 11:36 am

By the way, what was the conclusion on talking about the roster after the japanese game comes out? Is there a blanket ban on spoiler tags too?

If there is, there's another possible solution. There can be a thread made just to talk about the roster, and its title can be something like "*WARNING: SPOILERS* SSB4 Roster Discussion *WARNING: SPOILERS*" just so that there is no way anyone can accidentally look at it.
Back to top Go down
Gamey DJ
Level 6 CPU
Gamey DJ

nah

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 11:49 am

Dry wrote:
By the way, what was the conclusion on talking about the roster after the japanese game comes out? Is there a blanket ban on spoiler tags too?

If there is, there's another possible solution. There can be a thread made just to talk about the roster, and its title can be something like "*WARNING: SPOILERS* SSB4 Roster Discussion *WARNING: SPOILERS*" just so that there is no way anyone can accidentally look at it.
Your really pushing on this subject aren't you?
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:01 pm

Well we need to get it sorted out.

I decided anyway to just roll with the info personally, no way I can last three weeks.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:20 pm

The release date between the Japanese & American release are literally 3 weeks apart. You can't be seriously that inpatient.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 28  Next