HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:40 pm

Smash King wrote:
Not interested in any other 3rd parties at this point

Unless you're referring to Rayman or Belmonts, Maxwell is pretty Nintendo-friendly, minus the PC port.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:41 pm

I just feel that Snake should be given a 2nd chance at least. Especially since he was a veteran and was liked by those who played him.

As for the characters you mentioned.

I can understand Rayman getting in to some extent though I don't see him in the same calibur as Sonic & Pac Man.

I can't picture Konami picking Simon over Snake when the latter was already introduced in Smash already. Plus the Castlevania series is kinda out of its prime these days.

Maxwell would be kinda obscure imo as a 3rd party character when there is a huge list of iconic 3rd parties that deserve it more than him.

Overall at this point, I just want Snake. Don't care for Rayman or any other 3rd parties.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:48 pm

It's not that I don't have high hopes for anybody, but I honestly don't know who to expect for newcomers. I don't know if Sakurai meant 1 or 5 or whatever amount of characters when he said that they were getting close to the end of the newcomers. Anything could impress me now. Maybe that's not very enthusiastic sounding, but I'm being completely honest when I say I don't know what to expect. Not too much to go off of besides loosely supported speculation.

As for Snake, I wouldn't particularly mind his inclusion just because he offered a new fighting style to Brawl's playstyle, and his inclusion would also give higher hopes for more mature characters such as Bayonetta and Travis Touchdown. (Two characters I could easily do without, but, ya know.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sven the Turtle
Level 2 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:12 pm

Someone say Maxwell?

Very Happy

I don't even know what the fuck I would do if he got in. I always hoped he would, but I gave up years ago... Holy shit, I would probably have a heart attack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dustination

Random
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:37 pm

Going back to that Rayman thing for a sec
The dude in the video is Matt Ryan, who's in charge of Marketing, Communications and Partnerships. If Rayman actually is in the game, he would be one of the people to know about it.
http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/matt-ryan/0/147/666

I'm not really convinced but I would die happy if Rayman was in

WELP
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/03/nintendo-canada-confirms-rayman-wont-be-playable-in-smash-bros-but-will-appear-as-a-trophy/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:34 pm

Prince of Sable from The Frog For Whom the Bell Tolls confirmed to make an appearance. I think its an assist.

A part of me kinda wished he was playable.

inb4suggestionpollrequestsable
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparlock

Ryu
  Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:43 am

Yeah Sakurai confirmed over his Twitter account that Sable was an Assist Trophy.

I'd put this one in the same boat as Takamaru and Dillon. Due to them not being big AAA franchises I'd say any representation past Trophy for them is a win.

Shame about Rayman, but it's good of NoC not to leave us hanging until release for disappointment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:33 am

Notice how we almost always get the least exciting PotD on a Wednesday. Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:13 am

Dustination wrote:
WELP
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/03/nintendo-canada-confirms-rayman-wont-be-playable-in-smash-bros-but-will-appear-as-a-trophy/

Just to let you know, Dust, this article is faulty/biased interpretation. Read the quote they used as reference again.

In the recent interview in Canada about Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Rayman was mentioned, and this was referring to the previously announced Rayman trophy in the game.

This doesn't deconfirm him. This just says that Matt was talking about the trophy, and not the possible inclusion. Once again, here's the quote from the youtube description. Read the sentence carefully.

This was referring to the previously announced Rayman trophy in the game and NOT as a playable character.

Some people even argue that Matt meant to say Mega-Man. Seriously, don't take this shitty game journalism seriously. If literally every PoTD gets an article somewhere on the internet, (Including the cats in the nintendog level) then I seriously doubt half of these bloggers and essay flunks are smart enough to analyze direct quotes. Consider Rayman as much of an option as anyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparlock

Ryu
  Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:30 pm

IDK SK, we found out how Victini works, which is pretty cool.

I'm glad the handled him this way, I mean I expected something like this but they could have just as easily done something boring like V-Create.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:01 pm

I get what your saying @Ganon.

Though its good to know that the PotD have been more informative compared to last year's (Luigi's Nose). Just saying that for the longest time now that if there are any days that usually deliver the least exciting PotD (informative or not) its usually on a Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparlock

Ryu
  Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:02 pm

A nice look at some trophies today, I love the idea of a trophy store.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Random
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:03 pm

Sounds like we are going to get a ton of trophies this time around, too.
Very excited
Back to top Go down
Sparlock

Ryu
  Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:07 pm

With a bit of luck too if they're working more on trophies from scratch (As seen with Wily and Rayman) then hopefully we'll see more reinventions of classic characters that never got big 3D models. I think I can safely say for everybody that the highlights of trophies were to see forgotten gems like Mach Rider brought to life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:28 pm

Someone was kind enough to translate this single player mode scan from Famitsu.
http://i.imgur.com/medH565.jpg
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:38 pm

Basically, information we already know or can figure out ourselves. But still a privilege to have some source confirm this rather than waiting on a PotD

Also I would like to ask you guys in advance. Would you guys prefer if we ban Japanese roster spoilers when the game comes out next month?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU

Waluigi
  Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:58 pm

I personally will end up spoiling the game for myself, because it's too much to keep secret, and I don't find a character roster much of a spoiler. That's just me, feel free to ban them, because it's understandable if people want them not spoiled.

Also, I love that simple mode has the "Fighter Scale" which is essentially the intensity from Kid Icarus Uprising. Sakurai sure is showing that game a lot of love... Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dustination

Random
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:08 pm

Smash King wrote:

Basically, information we already know or can figure out ourselves. But still a privilege to have some source confirm this rather than waiting on a PotD

Also I would like to ask you guys in advance. Would you guys prefer if we ban Japanese roster spoilers when the game comes out next month?

I like how The Alloys/Wireframe Team is being replaced with Miis

Also yeah hiding spoilers would probably be good even though most of us are going to ruin it for ourselves anyway lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:17 pm

I think it would be good to hide spoilers in this thread, so those who wanna keep the hidden stuff secret til they get the game don't feel left out. (Although a better way to do that would be to try to avoid anything smash related on the internet until release.)
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU

Waluigi
  Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:27 pm

Dustination wrote:
Smash King wrote:

I like how The Alloys/Wireframe Team is being replaced with Miis

Also yeah hiding spoilers would probably be good even though most of us are going to ruin it for ourselves anyway lol.

Yes it's a nice touch, if it's your own mii's I'm gonna start getting more... I have 3.

Also, I guess for the 3DS version, Classic mode is now called Simple mode...? It looks interesting.

EDIT: In the Smash Bros 3DS E3 2014 trailer, it did show Multiman Melee, it's just less noticeable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:18 pm

The release date between the Japanese version & the US version are 2 and a half weeks apart. I'm sure we all have better things to do in life for 2 weeks to pass up the time without spoiling ourselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:21 am

So apparently we're getting a Gameboy stage as the 3DS equivalent to Flat Zone. Would be cool to see references to various GB titles.
Back to top Go down
Sparlock

Ryu
  Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:11 am

I'm sure we won't go without game references. Hopefully we'll see representation from 6 Golden Coins and if they can figure out a way Pokémon R/B/Y.

And for a huge nostalgia trip for me, Revenge of the Gator...
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU

Random
  C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:32 am

I literally want to smack some of the comments on Smashboards about each of these reveal pics as they are only satisfied by a new character. May I?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dustination

Random
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:46 am

C_Mill24 wrote:
I literally want to smack some of the comments on Smashboards about each of these reveal pics as they are only satisfied by a new character. May I?

how can one group of people be so incredibly self-entitled
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:42 am

I had a pinch of nostalgia when I read "Ba-Ding!" and saw the pixelated retro Nintendo logo. Sakurai didnt have to say no more for me to know what it is. I still remember the day I got my 1st Gameboy.

........damn, am I that old, already?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparlock

Ryu
  Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:30 am

I don't see how anybody can be disappointed with any new details. I mean I can understand POTD's where there isn't even a character trophy but people should be happy with new news regardless.

I've also come to accept that some of our favourite characters are probably not going to be unveiled until after the release. Characters like Ness and Wario at this stage I expect to be post-release.

Smash King wrote:

I had a pinch of nostalgia when I read "Ba-Ding!" and saw the pixelated retro Nintendo logo. Sakurai didnt have to say no more for me to know what it is. I still remember the day I got my 1st Gameboy.

........damn, am I that old, already?
Yep Razz

My first GameBoy was the colour, along with a copy of Pokémon Yellow. That was the first console I really owned myself. (First non-portable was my Mega Drive BTW)
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU

Waluigi
  Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:32 am

I like this stage, it's cute.

Did I just call a stage cute? Wow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU

Waluigi
  Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:38 pm

Smash King wrote:

For me, this roster is rather lacking so far. But its too soon say that for certain since we are still missing characters.

The majority of the newcomers have been rather underwhelming to me. Note that these are just personal input. Do note, that my critique in the spoiler is quite a read. So unless you enjoy reading other's elaborate opinions on Smash characters, I wouldn't recommend opening this spoiler.

Spoiler:

AND I SHALL DO THIS NOW... I'm totally not bored, I just feel like sharing my opinion too. Even if I am late...

Spoiler:

I didn't write as much as SK, I'm just too lazy, and don't have much to say about a lot of the fighters. I welcome everyone.

EDIT: sorry for the double post, didn't actually notice it... Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZS
Level 6 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:04 am

Villager: Ok. Pretty Cool. I’m not into Animal Crossing at all but i can understand why he is in Smash Bros: New Leaf is one of the most popular games on the 3DS so it is understandable. I personally don’t care that much for him, but it’s nice to see Animal Crossing representation.

Mega Man: Flat out awesome. It’s badass to see Mega Man come back from the dead, especially in one of the biggest franchises and fighting game franchises out there.

Wii Fit Trainer: Someone that came right out of the blue. Does she look cool, yeah, but i don’t have enough interest to use her that much. She WILL be used a lot as a troll character online though.

Little Mac: Awesome! The only fighter that is actually a fighter appears in the biggest crossover game ever. Little Mac looks awesome and an absolute terror on the ground. Just…….don’t give him air time.

Rosalina: Expected. She looks unique, easily the most unique fighter in the Mario universe by far. Rosalina looks like the Carl Clover of Smash Bros so she might be technical to use, but hopeful won’t be as technical as the Ice Climbers.

Greninja: No one thought this guy would get in, but he looks awesome. From what it looks, Greninja looks like he is going to a blast: Fast, strong, has a good recovery, has combos. Yeah this guy is going to be kick ass.

Mii Fighters: Indifferent. They do look cool though.

Palutena: Expected. She looks like the Dormammu of Smash Bros so she is heavily going to be zoning based but has enough mobility to deal with heavy rushdown. I’m gonna try her out to see how she plays

Pac-Man: Looks awesome. I am very happy they went with his Pac-Man World 2 design instead of the Ghostly Adventures design (thank god).

Robin: Easily the most unique fighter in Smash Bros 4. Absolutely no one saw this coming and i am very happy he made it.

Lucina: As much as i like her in Awakening, i feel like she is the weakest newcomer so far, which pains me to say. It is awesome to see her in Smash, but it would have been far more awesome to see her in her own fighting style instead of just Marth 2.0 (i would have rather seen Roy if this was the case). I really do think Chrom would have been a FAR superior choice for a newcomer than Lucina.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Today at 4:19 pm

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 28  Next