Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) Empty
PostSubject: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 5:20 pm

Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) Ssb4_banner__takamaru_by_pixiy-d68smm9

Voice opinions on possible inclusion of Takamaru in Crusade. Announce your support or objection to the idea here!

Takamaru to join the Crusade!

Takamaru is the protagonist of the classic Famicom game Nazo no Murasame-jo (English, The Mysterious Murasame Castle. This series came to a halt after the first game but has resurfaced in recent years, with Takamaru appearing in the game Samurai Warriors 3 for Wii, and having a game in Nintendo Land . Sakurai has spoken about Takamaru having a chance to appear in Smash Bros. before, saying that if he appeared in another game he would be likely to be included. Having now appeared in 2 other games it's likely he will be a newcomer in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS.

Why should Takamaru be included in Crusade?

1. He is a first party character with a cult following among both Japanese and Western fans.
2. He is a samurai, something we have only one of on Crusade's current roster (Goroh) He could use a combination of Melee sword attacks an projectiles. He was also Nintendo's first Samurai.
3. One idea I have seen many times expressed in Smash Bros. discussion rooms is an "East Vs. West" concept. Little Mac is usually the rep for the West, and Takamaru is usually the rep for the East.
4. None of Crusade's current roster has a Japan-only series.
5. Adding Takamaru (and Villager) would give every series in Nintendo Land but Pachinko (who doesn't really have a character) a playable rep.
6. He was in Brawl as a sticker, and has had microgames based on him in WarioWare.
7. The series is a sister series to The Legend of Zelda, in spirit of gameplay, plot, and graphics, as well as release date.

Quote :
Sakurai's comment on the Melee site in tandem with his appearances in Samurai Warriors 3 and Captain Rainbow and Nintendo Land, plus his popularity in Japan, his moveset versatility, Sakurai's game plan for focusing on a lot of retro characters, and the fact he's one of Miyamoto's favorite Nintendo characters are all contributing factors towards his inclusion. Other than maybe Little Mac (who I'm not sure counts as retro as his franchise had a recent revival), I cannot think of a better retro rep.

Possible Moveset:

Spoiler:

Suggestions and notes:
Takamaru could either replace Vaati or an appropriate character, or be added as completely new.

Moveset suggestions gladly accepted.

Kirby's Copy Ability: Sword or Fire, poll should be used to determine this.

Stage Idea:
Castle Murasame

Stage Music Ideas:
Douchuumen (Nazo no Murasame-jo) from Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Takamaru's Ninja Castle Theme from Nintendo Land

Colors/Costumes:
Yellow - Dark Gold Haori, Rust Kimono, Bright Yellow Hakama
Blue - Navy Blue Haori, Black Kimono, Sky Blue Hakama
Green - Dark Green Haori, White Kimono, Light Green Hakama
Black - Jet Black Haori, Crimson Kimono, Dark Gray Hakama
NES Original Colors/Red Team - Red and Blue, with Light Blue

Takamaru is a samurai who explored Castle Murasame defeating Daimyos, and eventually the Demon Murasame, and earning his family's honor. He battled his way to the end, and like Pit before him, layed dormant for over 20 years until his newer appearances on the Wii and Wii U.
Works:
Famicom: Nazo no Murasame-jo (1986) 
Wii: Captain Rainbow (2008)
Wii: Samurai Warriors 3 (2010)
Wii U: Nintendo Land (2013)

Weight: 3/5
Speed: 3/5

Videos:

General Gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poaqMVBnCqQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9IhF6cmamk

Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) 200px-Takamaru Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) Takamaru_l1
Samurai Warriors 3 Appearance;Original Appearance

Interesting Tidbits about Takamaru:

He had a Japan exclusive TV show, making him more like other better known Nintendo characters and Third Party smash characters with shows such as Mario, Link, Kirby, Pokémon, DK, Sonic, and to a lesser extent, Pit, Mega Man, and Simon Belmont.

Verification for Sakurai on the subject of Takamaru in Smash:
From the Takamaru for SSB4 FB page:
Stating that if Takamaru appeared In another game he would likely add him. 
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostReturn025.html
from Nintendo Japan, seems to be a slightly rough but accurate translation.

Takamaru's Original Sprite Sheet, from Nazo no Murasame-jo.: http://www.spriters-resource.com/nes/nazonomurasamejo/sheet/19426/

Discuss.

Supporters:
Vanellope von Schweetz
rjones1325
Smash King
Keven
C_Mill24
Blitz
VultureDuck

Last edited by Vanellope von Schweetz on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:09 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
rjones1325
Level 5 CPU
rjones1325

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 5:25 pm

Yes > No
Rjones SAYS YES!
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 6:52 pm

I wouldn't mind Takamaru, but it depends who he replaces.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 7:14 pm

That is also up for debate, feel free to discuss that here as well.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 7:15 am

Smash King wrote:

Isn't he on the poll already?
Back to top Go down
Keven
Level 5 CPU
Keven

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 9:04 am

I vote Yes . I think Takamaru sould remplace Chun-Li beacause First Party is may more Important and we already have Ryu the main protagonist of Street Fighter also main protagonist is more important that Segond rep .
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 9:51 am

Keven wrote:
I vote Yes . I think Takamaru sould remplace Chun-Li beacause First Party is may more Important and we already have Ryu the main protagonist of Street Fighter also main protagonist is more important that Segond rep .
I don't think it's a good idea to replace a character that is complete, personally I would replace Vaati or Grey Fox.
Back to top Go down
rjones1325
Level 5 CPU
rjones1325

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 11:02 am

Replace with grey fox
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 12:20 pm

Replace Vaati.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:07 pm

Ah, I just realized that this thread is on the Suggestion Poll Campaign boards. Feels slow XD

But yea, I don't think Takamaru should replace a 3rd party. But who knows, depending on how far we get with the roster, there are chances we may not even have to replace a character to get Takamaru in. Or replacement might be the option, which I feel should be a series with one too many reps.

But none the less, I think Takamaru would be a decent retro choice.
Back to top Go down
Blitz [BANNED]
Level 7 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:18 pm

I support this character for Croissant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:34 pm

EDIT: No support from me.

Last edited by ~ Mr. Terrible on Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:22 pm

MercuryHg34 wrote:
Smash King wrote:

Isn't he on the poll already?

Yes, but this thread is to get him onto the main roster.
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:45 pm

I will support, but if only if he is added without replacing someone.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 3:40 pm

DLC candidate and no more. Seriously, we have significantly more important characters to consider if we ever want to change main roster, for example any SSB4 candidates or any number of the characters beating him on the suggestion poll.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 4:26 pm

PH, who else other than Villager and WFT do you think qualifies as more important?
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 4:27 pm

Nearly every character currently beating him on the suggestion poll, which is some 20 characters?
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 4:34 pm

as much as I love Sora, Tom Nook, etc. they don't deserve to be main roster. Most of them are third party, while Takamaru is a first party classic who is a fan favorite to appear in Smash 4.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 4:53 pm

I'd still vote those characters over him. Even if he were the best possible choice, you'd still have to add him onto the roster and the dev team already has their work cut out for them, we don't need unnecessary roster additions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 4:56 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:
I'd still vote those characters over him.  Even if he were the best possible choice, you'd still have to add him onto the roster and the dev team already has their work cut out for them, we don't need unnecessary roster additions.

Which is why if we do change the roster, I'd rather replace unpopular characters nobody bothered to work on (Vaait and Zoroark) rather than needlessly add more unneeded work.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 4:58 pm

@Axel, Tom Nook is not 3rd party. He is actually an Animal Crossing character. Which makes him 1st party as well. So, with Villager already a SSB4 character and a favorite for potential roster addition, why should Takamaru go in before Tom Nook/2nd Animal Crossing rep?
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 5:00 pm

Later tonight, will add visual aids, as a picture of Takamaru in Samurai Warriors 3, and color swaps.

Pre-post edit: also what Mist said.
pre-post edit 2: I know lol, I said most of the characters beating Takamaru on the suggestion poll are third party
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 5:39 pm

So far, Tom Nook & Kamek are the only Nintendo characters beating Takamaru (who is on the borders). Now, with Villager as the favorite to rep Animal Crossing, it doesn't seem like it favors Tom Nook too well and doubt people will want a 2nd Animal Crossing rep. As for Kamek, idk if people feel a 2nd Yoshi rep is needed. If these 2 have a negative factor against them, then that kinda puts Takamaru as the leading Nintendo character in some way.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 5:45 pm

Vanellope von Schweetz wrote:
PH, who else other than Villager and WFT do you think qualifies as more important?
Just because they are confirmed as newcomers in the next installment, doesn't mean they'll be put in Crusade, let alone qualify them.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 5:51 pm

I agree, in fact I don't think WFT should be in.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 6:07 pm

I don't think they ever considered her for Crusade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 6:26 pm

are you gay or something
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 6:27 pm

The Illest wrote:
are you gay or something
He just wants the more "important" options, even if they totally suck balls.
Back to top Go down
Masaomi
Level 6 CPU
Masaomi

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 6:54 pm

thats horrible!!
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 1:59 am

Will make palette swaps sometime today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)   Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread) Empty

Back to top Go down

Takamaru for Crusade! (Character Support Thread)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next