Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 7:53 am

That makes sense actually, seeing as they are trying to rep handhelds on 3DS and consoles on Wii U. We haven't seen screenies of 3DS Villager yet, so there's a good chance they'll use the New Leaf form there.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 8:08 am

Ganon Fodder wrote:
It can't be Lloid, because they would use his "New Leaf" look, which includes a hat.

No, it's Lloid
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 4:04 pm

Ganon Fodder wrote:
That makes sense actually, seeing as they are trying to rep handhelds on 3DS and consoles on Wii U. We haven't seen screenies of 3DS Villager yet, so there's a good chance they'll use the New Leaf form there.
The character proportions are different. It's going to be City Folk only it seems.

AceEliteMaster wrote:
First, let's talk about balance. you don't add any new mario or legend of zelda characters, and the new pokemon character is just replacing an old one. Instead you add SEVEN misc. characters, thats more than double what we saw in brawl. Following the paterns of the pervious games, we'll probably see one new classic character, similar to Ice Climbers and Pit, one new "WTF?" character, which to me seems like wii Fit Trainer already fills that role, and one character from a newer franchise thats been getting big recently, which looks like it will be Villager. We might see a new type of misc. character that represents the eShop or something, but I still think seven misc. characters is a bit too much.
I think all of the big franchises has the important key characters in the game already. So it would make more sense to add new characters from franchises not yet represented or in the game.
AceEliteMaster wrote:
King K. Rool- I don't think we'll see a new donkey kong character, we just got diddy in brawl, and I think a yoshi character is more likely because their are two new yoshi games coming out.
We got Falco in Melee and Wolf in Brawl. There isn't an issue with a franchise progressively growing.
Yoshi will probably never get a second character because honestly, who is there to add? Kamek? But Kamek is more of a Mario character than a Yoshi character.
AceEliteMaster wrote:
Takamaru- make a choice between him and Little Mac
Little Mac is not considered a retro character in my roster. That and both characters are popular and requested, especially Mac.
AceEliteMaster wrote:
Palutena- I don't see what makes everyone think we're going to get another Kid Icarus character. They're only three games, one of which wasn't even released in Japan.
Falco was added in Melee and the Star Fox franchise only had two games back then.
AceEliteMaster wrote:
Little Mac- make a choice between him and Takamaru
Already touched on this.
AceEliteMaster wrote:
removal of Lucario- I don't see why everyone thinks he will go, he's a popular pokemon, and was unique and well received in Brawl. Plus it doesn't make sense to remove Lucario after bringing back Mewtwo.
I only support the removal of Lucario in favor of Mewtwo if you're keeping the main three franchises to be four characters only. If you're going for five, there is no reason to remove Lucario.
AceEliteMaster wrote:
no new Fire Emblem character- at least add Chrom
I'm just going to go ahead and say that it is safe to say that we probably won't see anything change in the franchise. Except maybe seeing Ike going away in favor of Chrom, but that is the worst case senario.
AceEliteMaster wrote:
Shulk- if that new "X" game was a xenoblade game, I would agree, but it isn't, so I don't.
Shulk is a popular and pretty relevant character. He kind of represents the connection between the corporation and consumer. Nintendo didn't have to release Xenoblade, Last Story, and Pandora's Tower outside of Japan. But they did because we, the consumers, begged them to and they did something many companies don't ever do. They listened to us and I think that representing something like that would be nice.

so yeah
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 6:07 am

Keeping my fingers crossed for a 2015 delay
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 8:03 am

Smash King wrote:

lolwhy
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 8:12 am

Puffmeister wrote:
Smash King wrote:

Cause it gives more time to add characters with less priorities or in danger of any cuts due to time constraint

lolwhy
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 8:25 am

ah ok
Back to top Go down
AceEliteMaster
Level 2 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 10:17 am

AEM wrote:
I think all of the big franchises has the important key characters in the game already. So it would make more sense to add new characters from franchises not yet represented or in the game.

But it doesn't follow the patterns, in Melee we got one new classic character(Ice Climbers) and one new "WTF?" character(Mr. Game & Watch), in Brawl we got one new classic character(Pit), one new "WTF?" character(ROB), and a character from a newer franchise(Olimar).

AEM wrote:
We got Falco in Melee and Wolf in Brawl. There isn't an issue with a franchise progressively growing.

Look at it this way, Donkey Kong is considered a Mario spin-off series. Doesn't it feel weird to have a Mario spin-off series have as many characters as Kirby.

AEM wrote:
Yoshi will probably never get a second character because honestly, who is there to add? Kamek? But Kamek is more of a Mario character than a Yoshi character.

So is Yoshi himself.

AEM wrote:
Little Mac is not considered a retro character in my roster. That and both characters are popular and requested, especially Mac.

How could Little Mac not be considered a classic character? Is it because of his very classically styled game on the Wii?

AEM wrote:
Falco was added in Melee and the Star Fox franchise only had two games back then.

Sakuria seems to have a tendency to over rep the Star Fox franchise.

AEM wrote:
I'm just going to go ahead and say that it is safe to say that we probably won't see anything change in the franchise. Except maybe seeing Ike going away in favor of Chrom, but that is the worst case senario.

Why can't we have both Ike and Chrom? If Donkey Kong can have three characters than Fire Emblem can definitely have 3 characters.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 10:22 am

AceEliteMaster wrote:
Why can't we have both Ike and Chrom? If Donkey Kong can have three characters than Fire Emblem can definitely have 3 characters.
The Donkey Kong series has never had more than 2 reps and nor is it likely it will have a third despite people wanting K. Rool so badly. Plus, Fire Emblem isn't that major of a series so it wouldn't seem right to over rep the series.
Back to top Go down
madam im adam
Level 5 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 11:03 am

why do you all critique rosters
they're impossible to critique as each person has their own idea of what will happen, and there aren't really any set guidelines to predict accurately

sakurai could follow previous patterns or he could do something new, who knows who cares
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 11:05 am

madam im adam wrote:
they're impossible to critique as each person has their own idea of what will happen, and there aren't really any set guidelines to predict accurately

sakurai could follow previous patterns or he could do something new, who knows who cares

Some people prefer doing so to share their view on how they see it and how it would be accepted publicly.
Back to top Go down
AceEliteMaster
Level 2 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 11:08 am

madam im adam wrote:

AEM wrote:
Feel free to share your opinion of it
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 12:03 pm

AceEliteMaster wrote:
AEM wrote:

If they cut Ike, I will personally swim to Japan and assassinate Sakurai myself. I'll only allow Ike to be cut if Roy comes back. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.doqk.ml/
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 12:10 pm

Also, Mii being on the roster...

not going to happen if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 1:04 pm

I've decided to conduct my own research.

This research is about how many games in the currently-series had released games between the end of Brawl's development (January 2008) & the start of Wii U/3DS development (May 2012)

This is what I have (excluding remakes);

Mario series (including sports, mini-games, & Luigi games): 22 games

Donkey Kong series: 1 game

Yoshi series: 0 games

Wario series: 3 games

Legend of Zelda series: 2 games

Metroid series: 1 game

Kirby series: 3 games

Star Fox series: 0 games

F-Zero series: 0 games

Fire Emblem series: 1 game

Mother series: 0 games

Pikmin series: 0 games

Kid Icarus series: 1 game

Metal Gear series: 5 games

Sonic series: 6 games

I excluded the Ice Climbers, Gyromite, & Game & Watch series since they haven't had any upcoming games in decades.

But yea, based on the number of games that came out between Jan. 2008 - May 2012, what franchises you think have a chance to get an additional rep?
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 1:39 pm

Raiden is my pipe dream, but i think we'll see a Mario rep, a FE rep replacing Ike, and then Wario/Kirby/LoZ are on the maybe list. I'm also hoping Sakurai gets over the size crap and adds the character everyone wants, Ridley.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 1:42 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:
Raiden is my pipe dream, but i think we'll see a Mario rep, a FE rep replacing Ike, and then Wario/Kirby/LoZ are on the maybe list.  I'm also hoping Sakurai gets over the size crap and adds the character everyone wants, Ridley.
The least he could do is scale him down to his size in the original Metroid game. I believe Samus and Ridley were at about the same height in that game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 1:47 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:
Raiden is my pipe dream, but i think we'll see a Mario rep, a FE rep replacing Ike, and then Wario/Kirby/LoZ are on the maybe list.  I'm also hoping Sakurai gets over the size crap and adds the character everyone wants, Ridley.

Sakurai never actually said that Ridley was too big. He said that if were to be added, then he'd be a very slow fighter.

Besides, if size truly was an issue, then Olimar wouldn't have been added.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 1:49 pm

Killager wrote:
Perfect Hell wrote:

Sakurai never actually said that Ridley was too big. He said that if were to be added, then he'd be a very slow fighter.

Besides, if size truly was an issue, then Olimar wouldn't have been added.
Nor would Kirby, since he is only 8 inches tall.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 1:55 pm

Good points. I think he's a possibility, he definitely should have been in a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 2:16 pm

With Ridley being the most popular request for a Nintendo character and having relevancy in Other: M, I would be shocked if he doesn't make it after missing out on 3 Smash Bros games.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 1:39 am

I never really "Got" what people were saying about the Villager's eyes.

But then I saw that daily screenshot 0.0
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 5:33 am

I still don't see how people think Villager is creepy
Back to top Go down
rjones1325
Level 5 CPU
rjones1325

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 5:38 am

The Smile SMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILE
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 8:03 am

Villager isn't creepy guys sorry to disappoint you.
Back to top Go down
madam im adam
Level 5 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 8:17 am

i love the characterization of villager as a murderer but it doesn't really correspond to his visage

Last edited by madam im adam on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 9:19 am

Smash King wrote:

With Ridley being the most popular request for a Nintendo character and having relevancy in Other: M, I would be shocked if he doesn't make it after missing out on 3 Smash Bros games.

He only really 'missed out' on one.
Brawl was the only game where he had a shot until now.

And he's not the most popular request.

1) Not that popular within Japan.
2) Mewtwo is by far the most requested character worldwide.
3) For Newcomers, K. Rool is most popular request worldwide.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 10:58 am

imo villager is a lot cooler when he's portrayed as a merciless arsehole, not an axe murderer
Back to top Go down
rjones1325
Level 5 CPU
rjones1325

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 11:55 am

He's not a murderer his smile just makes him look cool
like the Joker
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 10:20 pm

Here is a very detailed article of an interview with Sakurai yesterday about a lot of things to expect

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/03/creating-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 34Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next