Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
rexos
Level 5 CPU
rexos

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 7:18 am

roy died with melee son
Back to top Go down
Nohrian Sadist

Nohrian Sadist

cheezetime

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 7:49 am

Lies
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 8:26 am

I think if there is a second Fire Emblem character, it would be someone from the most current game, like Roy and Ike were at their times.

I made my own little character roster. The only character I really don't think is likely would be Donbe & Hikari, but as I said in a comment: "I wanted a new Ice Climbers that was retro, but refreshing, and still used the partnership in battle. The pair from Shin Oni Ga Shima only seemed natural, but it's still a quirky choice."

http://machriderz.deviantart.com/art/Super-Smash-Bros-Wii-U-2014-Character-Roster-380090528
Back to top Go down
http://machriderz.deviantart.com/
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 3:24 pm

Nabbit...

...really?
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 3:32 pm

Nabbit is just ONE of the very questionable things on that roster.

But given it's DMX, that's to be expected.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 3:34 pm

What's a Nabbit

Is that a Mario enemy or what
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 3:35 pm

Ruff Ruffman wrote:
What's a Nabbit

Is that a Mario enemy or what
Yeah, which is apparently playable in Super Luigi U.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 3:39 pm

Oh yeah that thing

He seemed OP he was walking through Piranha Plants no problem
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 4:00 pm

Ruff Ruffman wrote:
Oh yeah that thing

He seemed OP he was walking through Piranha Plants no problem

He was meant to be used by beginner players considering Luigi U's a lot harder than Mario Bros. U. He can still die through lava, acid, pitfalls and getting squished, though.
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 6:02 pm

I think if Sakurai's making choices like Wii Fit Trainer, Nabbit isn't too far off. I would say maybe Bowser Jr, but I feel like his time is kind of done and he isn't too important to Mario anymore (at least not like he was during Gamecube and early Wii time).
Back to top Go down
http://machriderz.deviantart.com/
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 6:09 pm

I'll go ahead and give you guys my opinions on your rosters.

Masaomi wrote:
I finished my new SSB4 roster, i'll post up a video soon.

edit: here it is!

feel free to critique

•  New Mario Character - The Mario franchise doesn't need another character if not for character balance, but that isn't something Sakurai doesn't seem to care too much for other than for Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon. So Toad is a great fit for what you're going for.
  • King K. Rool - Great choice. A new Donkey Kong Country character looks likely and K. Rool is the most requested character in the states other than Mewtwo and Ridley.
  • Samurai Goroh - Goroh doesn't look likely. F-Zero has been out of commission for so long now and Captain Falcon seems to have evolved into a Smash Brothers exclusive character. I think other F-Zero characters are near impossible if we don't see any movement in the franchise.
  • New Zelda Character - Vaati doesn't have any real significance in the Zelda franchise other than being the main villain in two games. Right now with the Zelda franchise, we already have everything we need. The Triforce and Timelines are represented as it is. If you were to add another character, add someone who consistantly appears or is mentioned. But there is no real need for a Zelda character and I don't see the franchise growing if the character isn't Tetra, Impa, or maybe even Tingle.
  • Mewtwo - I'm mostly okay with this, but it looks you're making him exclusively as his original forme. I think it's more likely that we'll see his "Awakened" Forme before his regular forme. I'd imagine it would get more priority considering that Mewtwo technically is the Lucario of Generation 6. So definitely reconsider that.
  • Removing Lucario in favor of a new Generation 6 Pokemon - As I stated with Mewtwo, Mewtwo IS the Lucario of the new generation. That being said, why replace Lucario? He's still very popular and marketed very well. If you were just going to have 4 Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon characters I would be okay with you cutting Lucario. However, that is not the case and I strongly urge you to consider bringing him back.
  • Cutting Lucas - I don't see that happening at all. MOTHER 3 is still an immensely popular game with such a large fanbase, in and out of Japan. It's not a franchise you'd want to demean.
  • Ridley - No need to comment here, he's basically the most wanted Nintendo newcomer (Counting Mewtwo because he would still technically be a veteren).
  • Fourth StarFox rep - Very unneeded and is really just a waste of space for other characters that should be in the game. There is no way we'll see more Star Fox characters than Kirby characters.
  • Michiah - You replaced Ike for Michiah, a less relevant character? In reality I don't see Ike getting replaced by anyone other than Chrom, and is if Ike gets replaced at all. I find it completely possible that Chrom just gets added in without another cut. But if you are going to replace Ike, don't replace him with a character with almost no more relevance to the franchise.
  • Palutena - I've always liked Palutena and people seem to like her too, so I'm fine with this decision.
  • Isaac - I'm under the impression that Isaac's last chance was Brawl. I don't think he's got much left in him after the flop Dark Dawn ended up being. I think he'll still have presence, but just as an assist trophy again though.
  • Little Mac - I've been a fan of Ol' Macbaby for a long time now, and this Boxing Ring stage is really helping out his chances. Here's hoping it is a Punch-Out stage.
  • Takamaru - No need to comment here.
  • Sukapon - I'm alright with this, he's been denied the position in Melee but then again so was the Villager after Brawl. So who knows what could happen with him.
  • Shulk - yes i like dis

With 50, I think it's a tab bit bigger than it needs to be. I'll I think you need to do is try to get Ike / Lucas / Lucario back in the roster and cut some of the unneeded characters.

That's what I think at least.

Dr.MarioX wrote:
I think if there is a second Fire Emblem character, it would be someone from the most current game, like Roy and Ike were at their times.

I made my own little character roster. The only character I really don't think is likely would be Donbe & Hikari, but as I said in a comment: "I wanted a new Ice Climbers that was retro, but refreshing, and still used the partnership in battle. The pair from Shin Oni Ga Shima only seemed natural, but it's still a quirky choice."

http://machriderz.deviantart.com/art/Super-Smash-Bros-Wii-U-2014-Character-Roster-380090528
I just want just say this first: No hard feelings, but this roster is all over the place wrong. You've made odd character decisions in both newcomers and cuts. I honestly would not to buy this game if it looked like this in the end.

• Nabbit - Just. No. Wii Fit Trainer was revealed first to prevent people from raging over her when the game would be closer to release. Because of that, it's very doubtable we'll get another weird character choice like Nabbit, especially Nabbit because he removes chances for other Mario characters like: Toad, Bowser Jr., Waluigi, even Paper Mario and Geno too. It's honestly a bad choice and I would consider straying away from it if you do plan on changing it as time goes on. But like I said to Masaomi, Mario doesn't really need another character, and under the restrictions you put the roster under I would recommend that you consider removing your fifth character reps.
  • Dixie Kong - Perfectly fine with her, she deserves the spot just as much as King K. Rool does.
  • Ghirahim - Right now Ghirahim has the same importance as Zant, which is being another one time villain in the Zelda franchise that does nothing more other than representing one game in the entire franchise. Like I said to Masaomi again, look for somebody with some sort of significance. Somebody with a continuous role in the franchise like Tetra, Impa, and Tingle.
  • Ridley - No comment needed.
  • Waluigi - I'm fine with Waluigi being a Mario Character which he is not in your roster, so I object to that. If you wanted another Mario series character, why not go for Paper Mario? He represents Mario RPGs which haven't really be represented yet.
  • Meowth - I'd be more okay with Meowth he didn't replace the Pokemon Trainer, which I think is a HORRIBLE idea on your part. You've basically replaced Charizard for a less popular Pokemon and that is very bad idea
  • Mewtwo - Again, he looks like he's exclusively in his Regular Forme which, again, probably will be the less priority over the new forme.
  • No Fifth Pokemon character - If you're going to have more Zelda characters over Pokemon, you're gonna have a bad time. There is no way Zelda is going to get more characters over Pokemon, ever. Pokemon has always been on the higher side since the original smash and for some reason you decided to cut it down for whatever reason and that is honestly almost as bad as an idea to replace Charizard.
  • Waddle Dee - A waste of a character slot, if Kirby was to get another character I would agree with Waddle Dee. But at this point every character slot counts and the Kirby franchise has the necessary key characters in already.
  • Cutting Lucas - I said it once and I'll say it again. It's a bad idea, end of discussion.
  • Replacing Olimar - Also a bad idea, Olimar is in Pikmin 3's story and as a playable character in the Multiplayer mode. He's still present and able to use the new Pikmin, so there is no reason to want to replace him either.
  • Cutting Fire Emblem down to just Marth - ...Why? To make place for Nabbit? I can honestly say that this (Next to Nabbit) is what really makes the roster bad. You've taken a worldwide popular franchise and just cut it down to one character when it was potentially going to get three characters. 
  • Replacing Ice Climbers in the first place - Why? Why would you think that this would be possible in the first place? It literally makes no sense at all. To be fair, this entire roster literally makes almost no sense.
  • Pac-Man - ...Meh, Pac-Man isn't exactly exciting or likely. But if Namco did get a character in, it would probably be him.

So overall, 42 characters. It's kind of small, but I think you should realistically consider what people want and what really is likely. Rather than just thinking, "If Wii Fit Trainer could get in, anybody could!". Because honestly, she is definitely going to be the only surprise character of that measure.

Feel free to share your opinion of it.
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 6:16 pm

FINALLY A ROSTER WITH IKE ON IT!
Tis all I have to say.
Back to top Go down
http://www.doqk.ml/
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 6:19 pm

I like the roster, though I would probably get rid of Mii and move Dillon over there in favor to add Samurai Goroh.
Back to top Go down
rjones1325
Level 5 CPU
rjones1325

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 6:36 pm

I have a feeling we'll see a Namco character like pacman since they're helping on the game
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 6:47 pm

Smash King wrote:
I like the roster, though I would probably get rid of Mii and move Dillon over there in favor to add Samurai Goroh.
At this point I can say that the Mii is practically confirmed at this point.
Sakurai has explicitly stated that there will be a customizable character on the 3DS version that can be moved onto the Wii U version of the game. I firmly believe that the Mii is pretty much a shoe-in at this point.

With Dillon, he's really just my personal bias character to be honest. But I added him with the intention to represent Nintendo's downloadable titles that weren't really anything significant until the eShop came to existence. He's always got a new unique fighting and art style to offer.

With Goroh, like I mentioned above, I think a new F-Zero character is near impossible until the franchise sees activity. I guess you could call the Nintendo Land minigame activity, but there was no reference to any racer other than Captain Falcon in that minigame. The Blue Falcon was the only thing from the franchise that really appeared in it. So Samurai Goroh, while cool, is just too unlikely for my tastes.

rjones1325 wrote:
I have a feeling we'll see a Namco character like pacman since they're helping on the game
I don't think Namco is helping the game, persay. I think they're lending Sora game developers rather than actually being a part of the team itself. The reason I say this is because the company didn't get any credit in the Smash Brothers trailer. So this reason enough to believe that all they're really did was just lend a hand rather than them seriously being in charge of anything.

Last edited by AEM on Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 6:57 pm

The Miis are not practically confirmed. If anything, not even close. The character customization Sakurai was most like pointing out is things like adjusting the move sets of the characters on the roster, not their appearance or costumes. 

Namco lend Sora Ltd. some of their developers of different departments.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 7:00 pm

rjones1325 wrote:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/14/e3-2013-namco-bandai-characters-receive-no-priority-for-super-smash-bros
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 7:23 pm

Smash King wrote:
The Miis are not practically confirmed. If anything, not even close. The character customization Sakurai was most like pointing out is things like adjusting the move sets of the characters on the roster, not their appearance or costumes. 
I don't know. It seemed more like a character designated to become customized to me.
Sakurai wrote:
It'll be possible, in fact, on the 3DS version there'll be a certain degree of character customization. You can have your own personalized character that you'll then be able to take over and move onto the Wii U version and play.
At least, he makes it sound like that.

Smash King wrote:
Namco lend Sora Ltd. some of their developers of different departments.
So yeah, Namco isn't really helping the game they just shared some of their employees.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 7:45 pm

Reading over later interviews, it sounds more like customized versions of existing characters with very vague details.

And as an FYI to you all, Wii Fit Trainer is not a damn excuse for every stupid and random idea you can think of.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 5:41 am

Maybe I'm seeing things, but I swear I've seen that thing that's in the daily screenie (In my sig) in either Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 5:47 am

It looks like a Cactuar from FF, though it looks more like a fire hydrant than a cactus for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 5:59 am

Crisis averted, I looked it up, turns out it's something from Animal Crossing called a "Gyroid"
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 6:00 am

I figured as much, the background stage is Animal Crossing anyway. It had to be either a stage element (confirmed apparently), an item or a character (or maybe a trophy if they brought those back).
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 6:07 am

Apparently they are based on "Haniwa" which is a clay model often buried with someone in Japan, Gyroid's are only found by digging as to imply you have dug up a grave by accident.

It doesn't seem to be something that would just be sitting there on the stage, so either it was created by the Villager, it signifies a characters death (Unlikely), it's a new Kirby DownB form or it's a new item IMO.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 6:12 am

Now that you mention it, that thing could be a Kirby Down B. It makes you wonder what is happening inside that little guy's devious mind...
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 6:41 am

that's a gyroid from animal crossing
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 6:45 am

Gyroid from animal crossing, not a big deal guys lmao

I love the things, if you have music playing in your house they'll bell and chime right along with it

Or you can have your entire second floor filled with them and they do their own thing (not that I've done this or anything)

The variation in that picture is probably Lloid the Gyroid, who is a special gyroid that does things and can talk to you
http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Lloid

In AC:New Leaf he lends you tools on the island and accepts donations for your community projects, he's a swell guy
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 7:23 am

It can't be Lloid, because they would use his "New Leaf" look, which includes a hat.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 7:23 am

The Villager is from City Folk
Back to top Go down
AceEliteMaster
Level 2 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 7:51 am

AEM wrote:

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 UVS9CPL
45 / 46 Characters, depends if you count the customizable Mii as a character or not.

Feel free to share your opinion of it.

First, let's talk about balance. you don't add any new mario or legend of zelda characters, and the new pokemon character is just replacing an old one. Instead you add SEVEN misc. characters, thats more than double what we saw in brawl. Following the paterns of the pervious games, we'll probably see one new classic character, similar to Ice Climbers and Pit, one new "WTF?" character, which to me seems like wii Fit Trainer already fills that role, and one character from a newer franchise thats been getting big recently, which looks like it will be Villager. We might see a new type of misc. character that represents the eShop or something, but I still think seven misc. characters is a bit too much.

King K. Rool- I don't think we'll see a new donkey kong character, we just got diddy in brawl, and I think a yoshi character is more likely because their are two new yoshi games coming out.

Takamaru- make a choice between him and Little Mac

Ridley- no comment needed

Palutena- I don't see what makes everyone think we're going to get another Kid Icarus character. They're only three games, one of which wasn't even released in Japan.

Little Mac- make a choice between him and Takamaru

Dillon- a new character that represents the eShop. I like it!

Mewtwo- YES!!!

removal of Lucario- I don't see why everyone thinks he will go, he's a popular pokemon, and was unique and well received in Brawl. Plus it doesn't make sense to remove Lucario after bringing back Mewtwo.

no new Fire Emblem character- at least add Chrom

Shulk- if that new "X" game was a xenoblade game, I would agree, but it isn't, so I don't.

Mii- I'm pretty much 50/50 on the Mii, but as long as it's cutomizable I think it's a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 34Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next