Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 6:39 am

It would be interesting to see a small difference in the style of the two, for example the Male could be heavier and stronger, and the Female could be lighter and faster.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 7:22 am

If the Male WFT has different stats from the Female WFT, then Sakurai has no fricking excuse to not bring back Dr. Mario with his different stats intact as a costume.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 8:39 am

I'd be happy with alt-characters appearing as Costumes, it would mean a strong chance of seeing Alph too.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 8:59 am

i feel like it's entirely possible he's just an assist or easter egg or something and people are just hopping on the idea of him being an alternate

the miiverse comment doesn't mention anything about him being playable

if wario had been pictured next to the waluigi assist trophy during the brawl days, would people have immediately latched onto the idea of waluigi being playable? yes
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 9:14 am

The Pumpkin King wrote:
i feel like it's entirely possible he's just an assist or easter egg or something and people are just hopping on the idea of him being an alternate

the miiverse comment doesn't mention anything about him being playable

if wario had been pictured next to the waluigi assist trophy during the brawl days, would people have immediately latched onto the idea of waluigi being playable? yes
This is true, perhaps the Male Fit Trainer is just an assist trophy or something else, we will have to wait and see!
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 9:38 am

I'd say it's a palette swap. You know how there is the palette swap of Peach with the designs of Daisy's dress and hair in both Melee and Brawl? And also Wario's Biker and Plumber outfits? That's what I think it will be. No changes playstyle-wise or stat-wise. Just a palette swap.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 10:03 am

C_Mill24 wrote:
I'd say it's a palette swap. You know how there is the palette swap of Peach with the designs of Daisy's dress and hair in both Melee and Brawl? And also Wario's Biker and Plumber outfits? That's what I think it will be. No changes playstyle-wise or stat-wise. Just a palette swap.
This is most likely, I agree on that.

@Det: But the Male Trainer is in exactly the same pose, it's quite clear that they have the same animations.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 11:10 am

It's just a single pose though, maybe the female one's pose was chosen specifically to match the male one.

At this point it could be absolutely any of the things already said.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 1:37 pm

The Pumpkin King wrote:

That would imply Waluigi (as well as the other Assists) weren't ugly in quality compared to the playable cast.

Not only that, but you're comparing the concept of an alternate costume to a playable character.
A more relevant comparison would be to randomly see Overalls Wario posing with default Biker Wario on Brawl's DOJO and assume it's a costume.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 1:49 pm

Except... the two Fit Trainers are very obviously not the exact same entity, unless the Wii Fit Trainer is technically neither male nor female and simply appears as one or the other depending on the player's preference or the exercise being performed. Wario wearing his biker outfit and Wario wearing his overalls are both still Wario. Are the male and female Wii Fit Trainers still the same character? This is an honest question, since I know nothing about the Wii Fit series.

However, I feel like if he was an alternate outfit, Sakurai probably would have said something along those lines, or updated Wii Fit Trainer's character page, or something. All he said was that the Wii Fit U demo was out. This is similar to when he posted the picture with Xerneas, when he mentioned that there wasn't anything to announce about X and Y. Xerneas didn't get its own character page, nor was anything mentioned about it being a Pokeball, stage hazard, or anything else. It was just there. We know Xerneas is in the game, but we don't know in what form.

I'm neither saying that the male Wii Fit Trainer is playable nor that he isn't; I'm saying it's a bit dumb for people to automatically assume he's confirmed as a playable character, when there's literally nothing that states he is. We now know that there is a male Wii Fit Trainer in the game, but nobody can say for sure that he's playable, or an assist trophy, or part of the female Wii Fit Trainer's moveset.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 2:14 pm

The Pumpkin King wrote:
Except... the two Fit Trainers are very obviously not the exact same entity, unless the Wii Fit Trainer is technically neither male nor female and simply appears as one or the other depending on the player's preference or the exercise being performed. Wario wearing his biker outfit and Wario wearing his overalls are both still Wario. Are the male and female Wii Fit Trainers still the same character? This is an honest question, since I know nothing about the Wii Fit series.

However, I feel like if he was an alternate outfit, Sakurai probably would have said something along those lines, or updated Wii Fit Trainer's character page, or something. All he said was that the Wii Fit U demo was out. This is similar to when he posted the picture with Xerneas, when he mentioned that there wasn't anything to announce about X and Y. Xerneas didn't get its own character page, nor was anything mentioned about it being a Pokeball, stage hazard, or anything else. It was just there. We know Xerneas is in the game, but we don't know in what form.

I'm neither saying that the male Wii Fit Trainer is playable nor that he isn't; I'm saying it's a bit dumb for people to automatically assume he's confirmed as a playable character, when there's literally nothing that states he is. We now know that there is a male Wii Fit Trainer in the game, but nobody can say for sure that he's playable, or an assist trophy, or part of the female Wii Fit Trainer's moveset.
If the Male Wii Fit Trainer was considered an assist trophy, if those even are confirmed yet, the redundancy would fly sky high.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 2:16 pm

The Pumpkin King wrote:
Bingo.
The player selects their personal trainer's gender at the beginning, and occasionally the other gender will stand-in for them.
Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 Wii-Fit-610x341

It's pretty much like selecting a gender for your player character in Pokémon, Animal Crossing, etc. Only difference is it's selecting a helper NPC.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 2:36 pm

Ok, now I at least see where everyone is coming from.

I still wouldn't call it confirmed, but I will say it seems more sensible.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 2:59 pm

I suppose think of it as the equivalent of Pikachu getting a notched tail as part of an alt.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 11:48 pm

This is quite a surprise. A Male Wii Fit Trainer.

I strongly believe, like most that this is an alternate costume.

I think the gender swap thing works for very limited characters like the Wii Fit Trainer.

The reason I say that is cause even though the female was the first one revealed, the character of Wii Fit Trainer NEVER specified that the playable role is exclusive to the female. As shown above by Golden, the Wii Fit Trainer title can go to either gender. Thankfully, Sakurai looks like he may give us both genders with the help of alternate costumes (which hasn't been fully confirmed).

If Sakurai had revealed the female back at E3 named as "Wii Fit Girl", "Wii Fit Female Trainer", or anything that specifies a gender, then the male alternate wouldn't make sense. But since "Wii Fit Trainer" is what is playable, both genders seem possible for alternate costumes. Though being the one showcased the most, I would bet that the female will be the default choice.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 9:37 pm

Actually in certain languages, such as Spanish, female nouns are used for the Trainer (probably because while "Trainer" is universal, words like "Entrenador" are male specific).
So at the very least, there will be two names for the Trainer in those languages.
Back to top Go down
Keven
Level 5 CPU
Keven

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 9:56 pm

In my country The Wii Fit Trainer on the dojo is Entraîneuse Wii Fit for male it would be Entraîneur Wii Fit if i choose to play as the Male Trainer they will change the name . So for me he is a Alt Costume .

Last edited by Keven on Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 9:59 pm

"Entrenador" = Male Trainer
"Entrenadora" = Female Trainer

But anyway, I Think that it is an Alt Costume too, it´s the most logical thing to me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 7:51 am

Keven wrote:
In my country The Wii Fit Trainer on the dojo is Entraîneuse Wii Fit for male it would be Entraîneur Wii Fit if i choose to play as the Male Trainer they will change the name . So for me he is a Alt Costume .
croak croak go back to the pond little froggie
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 12:04 am

Well, would you look at that!

A miniature Hocotate.

Spoiler:

Here is the description;

"Pic of the day. Is this a spaceship from Hocotate? No-this is a bomb SHAPED like a spaceship. After liftoff, it will drop down when you least expect it."

Sounds like a fake Hocotate will be a new item. I could be wrong however.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 2:31 am

It basically is a Boom Rocket from Kid icarus: Uprising. You set it off, it flies up, and crashes down seconds later.

This could mean Olimar's final smash could change in some way. Perhaps he'll pilot the S.S. Dolphin again?
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 4:12 am

The ship looks very nice! I'm excited to see how it works, and if Olimar gets a new Final Smash!
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 1:22 am

Goddammit, I wish they'd stop showing Pyrosphere...
Back to top Go down
sluigi123
Level 3 CPU
sluigi123

PAC-MAN
  Sluigi123

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 6:43 am

Link can now spike his D-Air now. FARUKOOON
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 10:27 am

Yay, Link has lost his best kill move...?

Hopefully that spike is just a sweetspot, and the sourspot is still as powerful.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 1:06 pm

People need to read the miiverse comments.

"Pic of the day. Link's downward strike was designed to change to a Meteor Smash when the tip of the sword is aligned just right at the start. However, it will be removed if it's deemed too powerful overall after some multiplayer play tests."

It's like the Fire Spike but at the tip rather than the hilt.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 2:47 pm

Ah I see. I don't even go on miiverse, I'm just getting the news from here.

Also how would it be deemed too powerful? Unless they plan on removing meteor cancelling...?
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 3:37 pm

Dry wrote:
Ah I see. I don't even go on miiverse, I'm just getting the news from here.

Also how would it be deemed too powerful? Unless they plan on removing meteor cancelling...?
It would be OP if it were a spike, not a meteor smash.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 3:38 pm

Im with Dry.  Firstly, it could probably be meteor cancelled and/or ledge/wall teched, and secondly as they said it requires perfect spacing and timing.  This is far less overpowered than Rest imo, and is also nothing to Marth's down air.  Hopefully they don't take it out, but then, they've never understood how to balance smash games even remotely correctly.

Edit
Even if it were a spike, this is still less OP than Marth's Dair or Falco's, which would be easier to land because firstly the hitboxes are likely much better for Marth/Falco and secondly because Link is not fast or combo heavy and unlike Marth/Falco, cannot combo into it. Sakurai, learn to balance please
Back to top Go down
sluigi123
Level 3 CPU
sluigi123

PAC-MAN
  Sluigi123

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:10 pm

Link has been at the low tiers for a long time. He needs this badly. Besides the hitbox will only be there at startup only.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 21 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next