Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 12:07 pm

The IGN poll is by no means any sort of influence for Smash.

As for the book, it will be only if there is a guaranteed movie version. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 12:27 pm

I can easily see Gengar, Scizor and Dragonite fitting in a Smash game, but honestly I can't think of any newcomer that would be important enough to be playable IMO. Not in the pre-X/Y era anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
madam im adam
Level 5 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 12:49 pm

Keven wrote:
# 9 Tyranatar : Water Type we already have Squirtle
since when is tyranitar a water type
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 2:35 pm

Probably confused Tyranitar for Feraligatr.
I don't see how, though.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 1:29 am

Pic of the day seals the deal.

(A) Ridley has to be a stage hazard.

cri

Wait. There are TWO holes.

WHAT
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 9:56 am

The 2nd whole is likely the same stage hazard re-entering or exiting the stage. Im starting to doubt Ridley will be playable even more now -_-
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 10:01 am

To be fair though, it's entirely possibly that they take a leaf out of Injustice: Gods Among Us.

On the Fortress of Solitude stage, Doomsday is in the background, even though he is playable. How this works is when you decide to play as Doomsday on the stage the Doomsday in the background changes costume so there aren't two of the same character on the field.

They could easily do the same here, it's Ridley most of the time, but when you decide to play as Ridley on Pyrosphere the hazard Ridley could become Meta Ridley or something.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 10:06 am

or those holes could have lava spurt out of them.

or they could just be there.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 10:14 am

I suppose the fact is that although we love to speculate about what we can "Confirm" and "Deconfirm", we really don't know anything unless we hear the developers specifically say it.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 10:51 am

Furry Heihachi wrote:
To be fair though, it's entirely possibly that they take a leaf out of Injustice: Gods Among Us.

On the Fortress of Solitude stage, Doomsday is in the background, even though he is playable. How this works is when you decide to play as Doomsday on the stage the Doomsday in the background changes costume so there aren't two of the same character on the field.

They could easily do the same here, it's Ridley most of the time, but when you decide to play as Ridley on Pyrosphere the hazard Ridley could become Meta Ridley or something.
I see one problem with this idea only cause its Ridley. Think of it this way. For Ridley to be playable, he will have to be sized down to be a fitting playable character. Yet, for a hole that big, Ridley will have to be his actual size from Other M to fit the stage hazard. Why would Sakurai take 2 different approaches with Ridley in 2 different sizes? Especially in his 3rd form. If this is what Sakurai is trying to do, it doesn't make much sense. Its like having Bowser playable in his current state, while have the giant Bowser appear in a Galaxy stage as a size of a planet.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 11:03 am

I think it's clear that differing size isn't an issue on SSB.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 11:25 am

The hole is the one Ridley made when he escaped.

It shouldn't be a sign he's disconfirmed.

There is still not enough evidence at this point in time.

EDIT: Also, IIRC, Ridley never made an entry hole.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 12:26 pm

Furry Heihachi wrote:

That was a Giant R.O.B. That's not a valid argument your trying to make.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 1:05 pm

I think he's talking about Olimar, actually. Tiny little bug canonically, but scaled up to a sensible height in SSB.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 1:25 pm

Also, Sakurai directly compared Olimar's and Kirby's canon heights in the Pic of the Day that was taken over by Luigi.

He stated that Kirby was 8 inches and Olimar is less than an inch, yet the image shows that when the two are next to each other in Smash, Olimar's clearly a head taller.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 1:35 pm

Well, here is a video of Pyrosphere in action from Other:M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vqqmM6TpShI#t=136

From what I see, neither of the 2 holes are for lava pouring. In Other M, Samus blew a hole on the wall for the lava to pour in order to get some lighting into the Pyrosphere. Once she blows that hole, the lava is non-stop pouring. If a lava pouring hole doesn't exist, then the Pyrosphere would be pitch black. So that debunks the idea that the holes are for lava. Plus, looking at the rounded hole, you can see that there is a hall or room on the inside, so lava can't come from there. So I believe the rounded hole is an exit.

As for the slimmer hole on the wall, I can't explain. Nor did it exist on Pyrosphere on Other M unless I missed something. Ridley made his entrance from the lava pool below, then exited by heating the wall with a fire and breaking through it making a rounded hole. So, what could that slim hole be?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 1:47 pm

please stop mentioning Other M it's triggering my PTSD

I once played that game for 10 hours straight and I haven't been the same since
Back to top Go down
Rosalinito
Level 3 CPU
Rosalinito

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 2:41 pm

Furry Heihachi wrote:

That's a bad point since there were a bunch of different ROBs made and only one was the real one.

white person wrote:
please stop mentioning Other M it's triggering my PTSD

I once played that game for 10 hours straight and I haven't been the same since
Sorry Dett. We'll work on it.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 3:49 pm

My point on the video is that the entire scale is messed up on it. Yes it could be a massive ROB, but there would also have to be massive paths, weeds and trees. If you go the other way and say Olimar and Pikmin are canonly small, then that would mean Capt.Falcon is too.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 4:02 pm

This perfectly describes why the size argument is bogus.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 5:02 pm

@Lito: None of the R.O.B.'s were "fake". It's just that one of them, specifically their leader (a.k.a. the "Master Robot"), was designed as a Trophy by Master Hand while the others weren't.
Best comparison available is Bowser and Dedede, as they are Trophies in that world while their minions aren't.

@AEM: Good video. Though at the same time, it's too general in its argumentation. The only point is that "these aren't the real characters, so altering size shouldn't be a problem", and that doesn't cover much of the arguments in opposition....
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 9:40 pm

Does anyone even watch the cutscenes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6PNIjgjU_o

Captain Falcon is the size of that R.O.B.'s head. That particular ROB was just gigantic.

What about the giant Shadow Diddy from earlier in the story? Yeah everyone was just badly scaled, obviously.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 9:44 pm

Now, you want to talk scale disproportions, talk about how Ridley somehow shrunk in the loading process between the cutscene before his boss fight and the boss fight itself.

(In other words, Cutscene Ridley is bigger than Boss Ridley)
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 9:48 pm

In other words things are never properly to scale so I don't see why anyone ever brings up size arguments at all.

How did they ever become a thing when Falcon is like 6 feet tall and Kirby is 8 inches and Kirby's been like half of Falcon's height in every smash game?
Jigglypuff is a full foot taller than Kirby and they're exactly the same size in every game.
King Dedede is like a foot tall and he's as big as Bowser.

This shouldn't be any sort of an argument for anyone so why is it even being discussed?
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 11:26 pm

Uh, Jiggs is bigger than Kirby in Smash.
It's more apparent in Brawl. It's not by much persay, but still noticeable.

And Dedede, while bigger than "canon", is still noticeably shorter than Bowser. And that's not even factoring that Dedede's standing straight up and Bowser's hunching down.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 11:46 pm

Wow, its been almost a month since Luigi was revealed. You think we will see a new character this week or next week?
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 12:43 am

I thought the whole size thing was dealt with earlier on this page, around where C_Mill posted? Why is this still being argued?

Who knows @SK. Maybe they're trying to build up more hype, or make it more tense, or... I dunno.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 7:04 am

According to the picture today, it appears Villager's Up Special will function like Pit's. If he loses both his balloons, he'll most likely enter helpless.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 5:55 am

So far, its been 2 weeks since we gotten anything interesting
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 3:02 pm

What, last Tuesday's Reset Bomb wasn't interesting?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next