Candidate Cut Poll

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:31 pm

Sandbag take away
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:34 pm

VultureDuck wrote:
Sandbag take away

Oh, and that too.
...(Seriously, SANDBAG?!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:57 pm

Remove Sandbag

Keep Alvis. A mage is greater than another sword user, especially from Fire Emblem. Also, we don't have any emperors on the roster last I checked.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 1:00 pm

BluePsychic wrote:

Keep Alvis. A mage is greater than another sword user, especially from Fire Emblem. Also, we don't have any emperors on the roster last I checked.

Yet Chrom is the protagonist of the latest and arguably one of the greatest installments in the series!

To exclude him would be nigh criminal!
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 1:02 pm

For some of us, that's a problem. We don't want to become SSB4 speculation. We like the uniqueness of our roster, and would prefer a viable wildcard over an extremely obvious choice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 1:06 pm

Shiruza wrote:
BluePsychic wrote:

Yet Chrom is the protagonist of the latest and arguably one of the greatest installments in the series!

I prefer uniqueness over obvious choices. Chrom is another sword user, and is an obvious choice for a FE Character. I'd rather have a wildcard rep. In addition, all of the existing FE characters are sword wielders already. (Marth, Ike, and Roy) Chrom's blade also has the same name as Marth's blade (nitpicky)
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 1:33 pm

BluePsychic wrote:
Shiruza wrote:
BluePsychic wrote:

I prefer uniqueness over obvious choices. Chrom is another sword user, and is an obvious choice for a FE Character. I'd rather have a wildcard rep. In addition, all of the existing FE characters are sword wielders already. (Marth, Ike, and Roy) Chrom's blade also has the same name as Marth's blade (nitpicky)

I can see your point about uniqueness, but "obvious choice" characters should really overrule wildcard characters.

Take for example, adding Zero instead of some kind of Megaman variant in MVC3.
Is Zero awesome? Yes! Can he provide a unique moveset? Yes! Should he be have been included instead of Megaman? NO! That wouldn't make sense, because Megaman represents the "Megaman" series. The Zero in MVC3 never even starred in his own game (and no, Megaman Zero doesn't count; that's an entirely different version of Zero with a different attitude and design). To include him as the representative was a stupid decision on Capcom's part, and almost all fans disagreed with their decision.

In the same way, like I said, Chrom is the protagonist of the latest entry into the Fire Emblem franchise, and I'd say he has priority over Alvis.

I mean, Chocobo was a "wildcard", and thank gods he was replaced.
"Wildcard" and "unique" DOESN'T always mean better; only when the major "obvious choices" or "necessity characters" settle in can the unique characters be brought in.

Hell, if that wasn't the case Dr.Gero would've replaced Goku a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 2:32 pm

I agree completely. In fact, I've wanted to say that for a long time but couldn't find the words to do so. If this becomes a hot topic, then perhaps SK will let us vote on Fire Emblem DLC next.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 2:40 pm

MercuryHg34 wrote:
I agree completely. In fact, I've wanted to say that for a long time but couldn't find the words to do so. If this becomes a hot topic, then perhaps SK will let us vote on Fire Emblem DLC next.

I hope so as well; I believe Chrom will be an excellent edition to the roster.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 2:44 pm

IMO the difference is the viability of the wildcards vs the good choices. Chocobo wasn't exactly a good option for a playable character in the first place, whereas Alvis here certainly is, has a somewhat unique feel himself and represents the only major FE continent left unrepped.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 2:51 pm

Dry wrote:
IMO the difference is the viability of the wildcards vs the good choices. Chocobo wasn't exactly a good option for a playable character in the first place, whereas Alvis here certainly is, has a somewhat unique feel himself and represents the only major FE continent left unrepped.

And Chrom represents the latest FE GAME left unrepped.

He's going to be in SSB4, so why not include him? It's not like it's outlandish or anything.

Chrom is a main character in the latest game that was released worldwide.

Alvis is an antagonist in an older GBA game released only in Japan.

Really the priority should be obvious.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 2:56 pm

The fact that he's going to be in SSB4 is actually the single reason I'm voting against him. I don't think Crusade should be like SSB4, and if it's obvious he's going to be in SSB4 isn't that a good reason to exclude him? We're a fangame, we want to go a unique direction with our own little rules and quirks. People wanting to play Chrom would go play the far superior SSB4, but those who are avid FE Jugdral fans (and I promise you, there are a lot of them)? They can come play our fangame. It'll be a minor but significant boost to popularity.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:02 pm

A while ago I went over every main protagonist and antagonist in FE history, and in terms of villains Leon actually makes more sense to add over Alvis, Dry. Leon is from an unrepped continent as well, but the difference is that FE8 was more popular world-wide than 4 and 5 were. And Leon's also a magician. And he's evil too. So basically Loen beats out Alvis in each of the categories people stated as reasons to vote for Alvis (which were magic>sword, popularity and unrepped continents).

That said, I still prefer Chrom over either of them, and a strong case can be made for Robin as well since he/she uses both and is also a main protagonist of FE13.

Also Dry, we're including every past console smash character on the main roster, are we not? So why is an appearance in SSB4 a bad thing for a character looking to get into Crusade now?
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:10 pm

Dry wrote:
The fact that he's going to be in SSB4 is actually the single reason I'm voting against him. I don't think Crusade should be like SSB4, and if it's obvious he's going to be in SSB4 isn't that a good reason to exclude him? We're a fangame, we want to go a unique direction with our own little rules and quirks. People wanting to play Chrom would go play the far superior SSB4, but those who are avid FE Jugdral fans (and I promise you, there are a lot of them)? They can come play our fangame. It'll be a minor but significant boost to popularity.

Yet who can say that SSB4 will be superior?

Nintendo has hinted that they would like SSB4 to have the same or roughly the same amount of characters as Brawl, which ISN'T a good thing.

While it may have higher production values and the graphics will be smoother and cleaner, this game is a game from fans, for fans. In what other game (besides MUGEN) can you have Shadow, Porky, Goku, and the DHD duke it out, with Phoenix Wright helping the losing player in his assault case? Only in Crusade can this happen, and to have Chrom excluded would make the whole thing feel... incomplete. This game covers everything from Sin and Punishment to the Fifth Pokemon generation, and by the time the full game comes out at least one aspect from another newer game should have been added.

FE:A is rated as the best game on the 3DS to date, and I and many others agree. I've played other Fire Emblem games, but this is by far my favorite. To exclude Chrom would ruin a major part of the game for me, and for many others as well.

Maybe the devs can be kind to us and allow an expectation and include both, just this once, for the sake of the feelings of tribute, completion and originality in the game?

EDIT: also this.
Quote :
Also Dry, we're including every past console smash character on the main roster, are we not? So why is an appearance in SSB4 a bad thing for a character looking to get into Crusade now?
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:13 pm

Or you could let the poll work it out. The devs won't make exceptions for FE, which is a minor series relatively speaking. I'm voting for Alvis, in case it wasn't already clear.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:29 pm

Dry wrote:
Or you could let the poll work it out. The devs won't make exceptions for FE, which is a minor series relatively speaking. I'm voting for Alvis, in case it wasn't already clear.

I know.

And I'm voting for Chrom.

So, let's do just what you said; wait for the poll.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:31 pm

Alright, since the Alvis VS Crom topic seems to be the current attraction of this discussion, I will delay the Master Hand VS Tabuu VS Sandbag poll for the time being. Since I haven't updated that poll since it started, I will not be collecting votes already posted or going forward until we are done with Alvis VS Crom
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:35 pm

I vote Chrom, quite obviously.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:58 pm

I vote neither. I'm not really into the FE series, and I'm not sure if DLC for this series is necessary.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 4:31 pm

Both choices don't appeal to me.
If there were an "Other" vote, I'd vote for Anna (series mascot), Lucina (actually more of a popular character than Chrom and around the same level of importance), or even Hector (has a muthaeffing axe and a badass blue beard in his appearance in FE6). Or possibly Medeus (original villain and is a dragon-man).
Back to top Go down
M. Bison
Level 5 CPU
M. Bison

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 6:27 pm

Chrom
Back to top Go down
Keven
Level 5 CPU
Keven

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 6:37 pm

I will vote for Alvis since we already have two Lord Marth and Roy
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 9:35 pm

Instead of Alvis, Leon? From what I've seen, same candidate functionally but simply better. Merc's brought it up more than once and i still don't see anyone providing a reason against him, but then continuing to just talk about Alvis.

I also don't see why argue against someone for the reason that he could be in SSB4, and we want uniqueness. Unique is cool, but this is a new official smash we're talking about. If SSB4 were out when the main roster was made, all of it's characters would be on the roster without a question asked. An upcoming title should be no different. After SSB4 comes out, there will be plenty of players maining those new characters. When they happen to stumble across a cool fan game online, who are they gonna want to play as? Their main, obviously. And they'll be pissed when they can't.

On another note, I don't think there's anything confirmed about Chrom being in SSB4, so I wouldn't vote FOR him on account of it. But much worse than that is to vote AGAINST him for the same reason.

Arguing that SSB4 players won't play Crusade is pretty silly too. I play console smash daily, I suppose that means I can't be a Crusade player.
Back to top Go down
Yeti
Level 6 CPU
Yeti

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 10:56 pm

Can I pick Anna, or Lucina instead, I don't like either candidate.
I'd prefer Anna.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptySat May 11, 2013 7:26 am

I'd be OK with Lucina as well. Hector would be really awesome, but I don't see that making sense unless we already had Lyn and Eliwood in as well (which I know nobody is going to go for, and would be overkill anyway).

Even though Leon is a better choice than Alvis in every way, he still pales by comparison as far as importance over an Awakening character. So far I like all of the Awakening options suggested, but I will vote for Lucina for now and see how everyone else is doing in the first update. Also, I will post images and brief summaries of each listed candidate so far as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptySat May 11, 2013 8:16 am

Change my vote to Enemy Soldier Lil Dolan
Back to top Go down
Jak

Klonoa

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptySat May 11, 2013 8:45 am

Perfecthell4 wrote:
If SSB4 were out when the main roster was made, all of it's characters would be on the roster without a question asked.
this is not true
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptySat May 11, 2013 9:03 am

How so? You're saying that if SSB4 were out before Crusade started, we would have ignored it? That makes sense considering our current roster in relation to released smash games -_-
Back to top Go down
Jak

Klonoa

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptySat May 11, 2013 9:05 am

You are treating what you said as a given, which is not true at all. Everything is a subject to a discussion.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 EmptySat May 11, 2013 9:12 am

But being realistic, we can say with certainty that the result of that discussion would have been to include the new SSB4 characters because a point was made to include ALL smash veterans, even the ones from Melee who got cut.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Candidate Cut Poll
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next