Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:07 pm

No need to be rude about it, I literally JUST noticed before you posted that and was going to edit.

Kind of hard to notice when you don't click on the spoilers because you already know who the characters are. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:09 pm

Turns out it was an error with the link I copied for the Andy (Advance Wars) picture. OP has been fixed.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:11 pm

Wait, why is Lyndis up there? I thought you said no series already in the roster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:13 pm

And to top it off, you said no new FE Newcomer due to how poorly that went in the other poll.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:13 pm

Quote :
and possibly a Fire Emblem rep because there currently isn't a newcomer (I still count Roy as a veteran) and from what I can tell, a lot of people want a FE newcomer.
Quote :
The FE rep isn't so likely though since he didn't do so well in the main roster poll.
I stated a FE rep was unlikely but possible, as they deserve another newcomer but didn't get one due to the return of Roy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:19 pm

I'm preeeety sure Wario is bigger than Fire Emblem, at least due to being in Mario.
And you said if one didn't get on the main roster there wouldn't be one on the poll.
What the heck.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:26 pm

Wario got a newcomer though: Ashley. FE only has veterans at the moment.
Does anyone actually have an actual issue with there being another Fire Emblem rep, or are you just annoyed that Fire Emblem is the (possible) sole exception to the rules? Keep in mind that being on the poll in no way means they have a good chance of being in the game.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:29 pm

Dettadeus wrote:
Wario got a newcomer though: Ashley. FE only has veterans at the moment.
Does anyone actually have an actual issue with there being another Fire Emblem rep, or are you just annoyed that Fire Emblem is the (possible) sole exception to the rules? Keep in mind that being on the poll in no way means they have a good chance of being in the game.

So could I suggest Medusa then? Cause I'd like to see her in the game and Kid Icarus didn't get a newcomer.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:33 pm

Kid Icarus isn't as smash-relevant as Fire Emblem though. FE has had two reps in both Melee and Brawl, while Kid Icarus has only had one in Brawl. There's a lot of people hoping for a FE newcomer in SSB4, and while there are also people hoping for a Kid Icarus newcomer, FE is still more likely to get one (although they'd probably replace Ike, judging from past FE representation).

And why does this keep getting de-stickied. *thumb-pin*
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:36 pm

That's cause Kid Icarus was a "retro" series when Brawl came out. But Kid Icarus is now relevant again with the 3DS game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:40 pm

I was going to argue about how Kid Icarus is more than likely to get a Newcomer because of Sakurai working on Uprising, but I saw a point that REALLY ticked me off.

"(although they'd probably replace Ike, judging from past FE representation)"
Yeah, because if one character doesn't make it in the next Smash due to time constraints, it obviously means that the newcomer that was added is doomed as well.
Since I'm tired of arguing this point with Mewtwo and Roy naysayers, I'll just post this:

Mewtwo and Roy were kept on the roster long after the other characters for the Forbidden 7 had been dropped. The conventional wisdom is that Sonic being placed in so late in the game's development, that development resources had to be allocated from the final five characters that were in development (Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Roy, Toon Link, and Wolf) toward Sonic (since unlike the other five, there was no prior planning for his moveset). Jigglypuff was placed on a higher priority due to her seniority in the series, while Toon Link and Wolf were kept because they were new characters, and Sakurai wanted to implement as many new characters as possible. It was thus that Mewtwo and Roy were dropped as a result of priorities and time constraints. It also shows that if Mewtwo and Roy were in Brawl, they would have had no role in the SSE (since their listing is between Jigglypuff and Toon Link).

Italicized because they are not my words.

Roy is most likely to return before ANY new Fire Emblem character. Considering the only realistic choice we have now is Krom, and he's looking like an Ike expy.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:52 pm

Ok, thanks for pointing that out. But you didn't answer my question.
Quote :
Does anyone actually have an actual issue with there being another Fire Emblem rep?

SPECIFICALLY another FE rep, not just lack of a different series getting another rep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:01 pm

No problems, unless you don't allow series that didn't get a Newcomer like Kid Icarus have a chance for a character.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:40 pm

I agree to a new FE rep, if the new FE character can be a villain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:59 pm

It can be a villain, but that doesn't mean it will be one.
It depends on who people vote for, and currently, Lyn is the only one on the ballot.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:54 pm

Then suggest some more? I said you could suggest more than one character from a given series, but only one would be allowed in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:58 pm

I personally don't care for anymore FE characters at this point, so I'm not going to suggest any. I'll let someone else do it.

I'm saving my energy for the Zelda poll.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 6:41 am

Spyro The Dragon
Spoiler:
Reason:
1. One of the popular franchises during the PS1 era other than Crash Bandicoot.
2. One of many PS1 franchises that had many games on Nintendo consoles & handhelds, a total of 6 games.
3. Has been a recurring franchise in the gaming industry for 13 years.
4. Was planned to have a 3D movie 4 years ago and accepted by directors until Activision (owner fo the series) changed his mind.

Conker
Spoiler:
Reason:
1. Starred in arguably Nintendo 64's most controversial game.
2. Rare's 2nd most popular character and most popular one that is not from Banjo Kazooie.
3. One of 2 characters that broke out of Diddy Kong Racing to have their own series, with him having 2-3 games.
4. Perhaps the only character with a cartoon-friendly appearance that appeals to the mature audience due to his explicit behavior and charming humor.

Muddy Mole
Spoiler:
Reason:
1. One of Miyamoto's less credited early games that fans still like and mentioned today.
2. Represents the Original Game Boy.
3. Would have a very interesting move set.
4. Becoming a popular choice for SSB4.

Palutena
Spoiler:
Reason:
1. The secondary character of the Kid Icarus series.
2. Would have a move set that stands out with the combination of her Staff, Shield, & goddess powers.
3. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't she co-starring with Pit on a japanese anime or something like that?
4. She's HOT!!!

Medusa
Spoiler:
Reason:
1. The main antagonist of the Kid Icarus series
2. Based on a real mythical legend.
3. A stand out move set of the use of Staff, Snake Hair, & Demonic Powers.
4. Had cameo appearances in Captain N's series.

Professor Layton
Spoiler:
Reason:
1. One of the most popular successful Nintendo-exclusive series from a 3rd party in this generation.
2. Heavily influenced from Sherlock Holmes.
3. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we dont have a detective in our roster correct?
4. Had a film and another one coming soon.
5. Has sold more than 10 million units worldwide in only a 4 year period.

Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:08 am

Alright, I've added the above into the OP, save for Medusa and Palutena.
The issue here is I've already made quite a few exceptions to the rules I set before. If everyone really wants a Kid Icarus rep, I'll add Medusa and Palutena in and take out Popeye. I'm only making so many exceptions.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:26 am

Palutena & Medusa > Popeye in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 8:59 am

Dettadeus wrote:
Alright, I've added the above into the OP, save for Medusa and Palutena.
The issue here is I've already made quite a few exceptions to the rules I set before. If everyone really wants a Kid Icarus rep, I'll add Medusa and Palutena in and take out Popeye. I'm only making so many exceptions.
Ok, no. This is where I draw the line.
The only "exception" you gave was Lyn, and that was for "FE deserves 4th character" bias.
I have corrected this. Seeing as Lyndis breaks one of the rules, she is off the poll.
There. No exceptions were made.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:23 am

If we get ANY new FE character, make it The Black Knight.

Or at least someone who isn't Lyn. :p
Back to top Go down
Leo
Level 7 CPU
Leo

Link

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:39 pm

Dettadeus wrote:
OP updated. Strider has been left out, as it turns out he originated in a manga one year before he appeared in a video game. Hence he is fourth party.
Man, how come we can have Popeye, but not Hiryu? Yes, Hiryu debuted in a somewhat short manga, of 6 chapters. And he has appeared on 17 games, and made a cameo on a Street Fighter game. Appearing on all the Marvel Vs. Capcom games and Namco Vs. Capcom means that he IS important to Capcom, it's just that they haven't made other title for Strider series.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 6:47 pm

Ok, how does this sound: I make no exceptions to the rules I originally put in place for DLC, which will cause Popeye and any FE reps to be null and void from the poll. Does that sound better to you guys?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:04 pm

No, because the original rule was Popeye is the only 4th Party you'll allow.

The only exception to the rules was Lyn, as she was added after the rule of "no characters from represented series" was posted.

EDIT: But seeing as you're so adamant on keeping Goku as the only 4th Party (and most likely, if you could with no problem, you'd get rid of him), then go ahead, remove Popeye.
I bet even if he won, he'd be DQ'd for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:14 pm

Except even before that, Fire Emblem was a possible exception.

I'll quote this from the original thread in the old Developer BR:
Dettadeus wrote:
One thing we (Nights and I) want to make sure of is that most characters in DLC should be from series not already represented on the main roster. This way, we can represent a much larger number of game series than if, say, another Sonic or Street Fighter character was added. There will likely be a few exceptions to this (Deoxys being the blatantly obvious example) but besides that we want at least 20 new series represented.

The important part is the "at least 20 new series" part. With four slots confirmed to be already-repped series, and one confirmed to be a new series, that leaves space for a minimum 19 of the 20 slots that will be on this poll to be new series, which means one slot can be another currently repped series.

Alright, here's what I can do. We can have a poll to see if people would rather have an additional FE rep as a possibility or an additional Kid Icarus rep. No specifics, just the series in general. How does that sound?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:16 pm

I'll make it. Later tonight. After my shower.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:47 pm

Ah, here's the quote I was looking for.
Dettadeus wrote:
Black Knight, again, a series already represented, although it's not getting any newcomers. It seems a Fire Emblem character will likely be on the DLC Roster, but as to who it'll be is sort of up in the air.
But yeah, I'll go ahead and make that poll now.

EDIT: Poll is up. https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t213-the-last-currently-repped-series-dlc-rep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 8:22 pm

Kratos (God of War)
Spoiler:

Reasons:
1. VERY popular character.
2. Was a guest in two fighting games, Soul Calibur Broken Destiny and the new Mortal Kombat.
3. Would be another different weapons fighter like Link and Pit.

Firebrand (Ghosts 'n Goblins and Gargoyle's Quest)
Spoiler:

Reasons:
1. His species (Red Arremer) serves as the mascot of Ghosts 'n Goblins.
2. Starred in his own spinoffs with three games.
3. His species iconic as one of the most annoying enemies to fight in any game. (Otherwise known as the Flying Red @$$hole.)
4. Was in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 while Mega Man wasn't. trolololo.
5. Has a unique set of moves that could be ripped from Marvel 3, but also has form abilities not unlike Deoxys in the third game of his series, Demon's Crest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 5:32 pm

Bumped.

Keep suggestions coming, people!

Also, Det, you need to add to the contestants.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next