Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 11:07 am

I just removed Vercetti just about now
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:45 pm

Ok. I also suggested Alex Mercer for filling that slot. Really i suggested him to fill Soap's slot, and Vercetti was removed to suggest Excitebiker. Point is, 2 characters got removed, Excitebiker went up, Mercer didn't
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 9:54 am

I'd like to unsuggest Bonk (although we wasn't on the OP) in exchange for Klonoa (Klonoa):
Spoiler:
1. His two games were received wonderfully and sold greatly. The first was also remade for the Wii, although had little attention. He also had a number of spin-offs and appeared in Namco X Capcom along with 4 other characters from his series.
2. "What is Namco know for most besides Pac-Man? Klonoa. Plus, Klonoa has an IMMENSE following, so adding Klonoa should add several plus fans."
3. Klonoa has large floppy ears for attacking. That's a plus. He also attacks with a ring, infused with a green mystical power, another plus as we have no ring users.
4. Although this point does not count that much, Klonoa has a complete brawl hack being worked on, meaning announcer stuff, css objects, new moveset and new textures in addition to normal hacks and a stage. Other Namco characters considered for this game have less Brawl hacks, with Nightmare having a few model textures, Cless having an Isaac texture, and Pacman having a few model textures.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 10:52 am

Revelation:
We can have two threads with polls.

Anyone unsuggested should be re-added to the OP. New limit will be 100.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:00 am

I also suggest frogger, then.

• One of the figures and symbols of gaming. Equal to pacman almost, in importance.
  • Has had games released for the wii and the DS.
  • Many of his post-acrade games give options concerning his moveset.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:10 am

Son of a....
Give me a list of who was unsuggested or do it yourself, Det. This IS your thread after all. I only took over because you neglected it.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:20 am

Also:

Davis the Feraligatr wrote:
Here's another unconvential character idea:

The Angry Birds (Angry Birds):
Spoiler:
(NOTE: I am making a moveset where you play as the Red Bird, but use the other Birds for attacks, like a summoning. Also, Final Smash is obviously the Mighty Eagle.)

Reasons:
1. VERY unique idea that probably no one thought of yet.
2. Represents a widely popular app game that now has merchandise. MERCHANDISE.
3. They're angry.
4. They're birds.
5. Would truly be a WTF character choice that could be well liked if done properly.

Just explain how it'd work, davis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:42 am

More Capcom suggestions incoming

Morrigan Aensland (Darkstalkers)
Spoiler:

1. De facto main character in Capcom's other 90s fighter.
2. Appears in every major Versus crossover game, and can be considered one of Capcom's mascots.
3. We've been lacking in demons on the roster.

Dante (Devil May Cry)
Spoiler:

1. Represents one of Capcom's more recent flagship franchises.
2. Uses guns, swords, and demon abilities. A moveset is blatantly obvious.
3. Again, we've been lacking in demons.

And a Namco rep...

Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
Spoiler:

1. Represents the Tekken series, Namco's most popular series and second-best known to Pac-Man.
2. Another villain representation.
3. While not being the main character, Heihachi has appeared in the most games of any Tekken character according to GiantBomb.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:52 am

OP re-updated.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 2:47 pm

Slissith wrote:
Also:

Davis the Feraligatr wrote:
Here's another unconvential character idea:

The Angry Birds (Angry Birds):
Spoiler:
(NOTE: I am making a moveset where you play as the Red Bird, but use the other Birds for attacks, like a summoning. Also, Final Smash is obviously the Mighty Eagle.)

Reasons:
1. VERY unique idea that probably no one thought of yet.
2. Represents a widely popular app game that now has merchandise. MERCHANDISE.
3. They're angry.
4. They're birds.
5. Would truly be a WTF character choice that could be well liked if done properly.

Just explain how it'd work, davis.

I originally nixed this idea because I was the only one that showed interest. But simply put, the original idea was to have Red Bird be the playable one, while other birds are used for Specials, and some normal attacks (for example, multiple Blue Birds are used for grabbing opponents. Side Special would be for example, Boomerang Bird)
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 1:44 pm

I will throw the Tetrominoe (Tetris block) into the ring. I have him almost fully animated, and I could finish him quite easily.
Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 Idle
Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 UpSpecial
Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 Win

Some examples. These are his Idle, Up Special and Win Dance, as you can see I have him quite active.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 4:23 pm

Just a heads up, you need to give reasoning for each suggestion in order for it to be accepted on the poll.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 1:32 am

Soulf1st wrote:
Just a heads up, you need to give reasoning for each suggestion in order for it to be accepted on the poll.
As I say, I have him almost fully animated, plus he's an awesome novelty character and is sure to bring a load of nostalgia to the game for the Game Boy generation.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:26 pm

No Jak or Sly? This is an outrage! There's no Dillon either, the latest Nintendo character...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:30 pm

Wilfre (Drawn to life)
Spoiler:
1. Represents one of the most innovative games on the DS that allowed you to create your own character.
Spoiler:
2. Would be one of, if not the only character to attack with shadow magic rather than just dark magic. As he literally attacks with shadows.

Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:35 pm

Jak & Daxter:
Spoiler:
1. Part of the big 3 for Sony, alongside Ratchet and Sly.
2. Featured in the upcoming Title Fight for PS3, basically Sony Smash Bros.
3. Could offer a unique moveset involving his eco powers and weaponry.
4. Daxter smack-talking the rest of the cast. Enough said.

Sly Cooper:
Spoiler:
1. Same first 2 reasons as Jak & Daxter.
2. Unique fighting style involving stealth, something not seen in a smash game before (Even Snake doesn't do this).

Dillon:
Spoiler:
1. Represents the latest Nintendo IP.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:07 pm

RoyMaster4 wrote:
2. Unique fighting style involving stealth, something not seen in a smash game before (Even Snake doesn't do this).
Thats because stealth doesn't work in smash, otherwise Snake would have done it, being the king of stealth
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:10 pm

fillin' up the poll, fillin' up the poll~

Captain Rainbow
Spoiler:

1. An ironically unknown Nintendo character from a game poking fun at forgotten Nintendo characters.
2. I'm not familiar with the game myself, but I'm sure an original moveset would be possible
3. Fits perfectly with the Smash atmosphere.

Mike Jones (StarTropics, not the rapper)
Spoiler:

1. An unfortunately forgotten character from a classic NES series that was released exclusively in North America.
2. Fights with yo-yos, baseballs, etc. You can't get more American than this.
3. Makes for a great retro rep.

Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
Spoiler:

1. Represents Suda51/Grasshopper Manufacture and a good Ubisoft rep
2. A surprisingly popular character who has been closely identified with Nintendo this generation
3. Despite coming from a vulgar, [im]mature series, Travis's personality and playstyle would be a great fit for the Smash universe.
4. A common choice for a SSB4 third-party representative.

Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
Spoiler:

1. Reppin' Sony, 'cuz Nintendo relevance isn't a rule
2. Easily one of the most popular characters of this past console generation.
3. Uncharted is quickly becoming Sony's flagship franchise with only 4 games to the series' name.

The Prince (Katamari Damacy)
Spoiler:

1. Represents Namco.
2. A truly unique WTF character that could actually work. He would fight by rolling the Katamari, which increases in size yet becomes more difficult to control and inaccurate as it attacks more.

Gordon Freeman (Half-Life)
Spoiler:

1. Continuously considered the greatest video game character ever made by many publications without having said a single word.
2. He's armed with a crowbar, a gravity gun and a doctorate in theoretical physics. What more can you ask for?
3. Represents Valve Software, who have no current ties to Nintendo. That may change by the time CrusaDLC rolls around.

Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark)
Spoiler:

1. Represents Rare in their glory days.
2. Perfect Dark is a classic N64 game which is said to be even better than Rare's previous shooter, GoldenEye 007 (which itself is considered one of the greatest games ever)
3. I can't find an exact quote, but I remember reading somewhere that Dark was a popular candidate for SSBM.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:18 pm

If Gordon's going to be in, might as well add Chell~
Chell (Portal)
Spoiler:
1. Represents Portal, a game that was received wonderfully and has a huge following.
2. Would likely have a very unique playstyle, using portals and stuff.
3. Portal has spawned a number of internet memes and icons, including things like the Companion Cube and "the cake is a lie".
4. Would complete the Valve trio on the DLC roster with Portal, TF2, and Half-Life.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:39 pm

I would like to suggest a Killer Instinct character for the following reasons:
1. Popular fighter of its time, winning many awards
2. Represents Rare and Midway as well as being a Nintendo rep.
3. Movesets are easily possible, as the characters come from a fighting game already

As for which character, it is between the two main characters, Black Orchid and Jago. They are both main characters, and its been way too long for me to remember if one had more significance than the other. Any thoughts on which to include, and I'll edit this post with a picture
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:37 pm

OP Updated.
Dillon not included because he's from a game that hasn't been released yet. And there was only one reason given for him. That's not enough.

perfecthell, you need to decide quickly. Time is running out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:57 pm

Duke Nukem
Spoiler:

1. Has been considered one of the greatest characters of all time yada yada, even peaking at the top eight in Gamespot's extremely biased poll back in 2009.
2. Despite this year's unanimous miserable failure that was Duke Nukem Forever, the character's legacy is still strong.
3. Uses a wide variety of sci-fi weapons and would be Crusade's resident wiseguy.
4. He's here to kick ass and chew bubblegum.
5. He's all out of bubblegum.

Jill & Drill Dozer (Drill Dozer)
Spoiler:

1. Reps Game Freak outside of Pokémon.
2. Was an assist trophy in Brawl.
3. Rides a giant drill, which would be interesting to see in Smash combat.
4. Lolfemalebias
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 12:06 am

Phase 1 is now OVER.
Any suggestions from this point on will not be accepted.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 3:17 am

In the game if he gets in, I'd prefer "L Block" was called Tetrominoe, as his blocks move into all the different shapes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]   Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done] - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Project: CrusaDLC Official Character Roster Poll [Phase 1] [Done]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6