SSB4 General Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Equinox
Level 5 CPU
Equinox

SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 3:32 pm

Ganonthegreat wrote:
Equinox wrote:
Mario: Toad
Zelda: Vatti or Ghirahim
Metroid: Ridley
Kirby: Prince Fluff
Star Fox: Krystal
Pokemon: Mewtwo, Lucario, Zoroark, or Victini
Mother: Porky
Fire Emblem: Roy
Other: Saki Amamiya, Mega Man
Uhh, Lucario's already in SSBB...
I only said that because Lucario might get replaced by Zoroark, so I wanted both of them to be in SSB4, not just one of them...

Last edited by Equinox on Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 3:54 pm

.....no there isn't.

Why people instantly assume Zoroark MUST replace Lucario or Lucario MUST be replaced by a 5th Gen, I will never understand.

If it's the whole "Lucario replaced Mewtwo" thing, I'll let you know that it's a load of crap.
Back to top Go down
Equinox
Level 5 CPU
Equinox

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 4:12 pm

The "Lucario replaced Mewtwo" thing made me say that...
That's why I said that that may happen, but w/e.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 5:23 pm

Mewtwo and Roy were cut due to time constraints. Lucario did not replace Mewtwo, and Ike did not replace Roy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 5:31 pm

BluePsychic wrote:
Mewtwo and Roy were cut due to time constraints. Lucario did not replace Mewtwo, and Ike did not replace Roy.
Dis guy gets it.
Back to top Go down
Equinox
Level 5 CPU
Equinox

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 5:48 pm

BluePsychic wrote:
Ah, I get it now.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 7:36 pm

I remember I use to think that Lucario replaced Mewtwo when Brawl was out and I unlocked all the characters. That thought changed after I heard of the Forbidden 7 and learned the reason why they were not added.

@GY: Didn't you make a statement a while back that Lucario actually replaced Pichu as what we like to call "the flavor of the month" character?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:14 pm

Further research has lead to the conclusion that the "Flavor of the Month" thing was a load of crap too.

Pichu was planned to be replaced by Plusle and Minun, but they too, were scrapped. Unlike Mewtwo and Roy, though, this was early on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:44 pm

BluePsychic wrote:

False. The only character with significant data was mewtwo. and he evn had a voice file (Empty). Mewtwo got replaced. Roy had 0 data.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 4:39 am

Roy was planned, though. Mewtwo just had the most data finished, but because jigglypuff had more significance, she was used instead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:53 am

Felipe_9000 wrote:
BluePsychic wrote:

False. The only character with significant data was mewtwo. and he evn had a voice file (Empty). Mewtwo got replaced. Roy had 0 data.
Except that Roy, like Mewtwo, had victory fanfare data.
All characters (except Wolf) had victory fanfare data. Mewtwo and Roy were the only two non-playable characters to have fanfares.

Now shut your mouth, since you have no idea what you're talking about. Anyone who says that Mewtwo and Roy were "replaced" doesn't know jack.
Sakurai said there were characters cut due to time, Mewtwo and Roy have the most data out of the Forbidden 7 (Mewtwo even more so), so it's clear they were cut due to time. Esentially, they're like T. Hawk and Dee Jay, who were scrapped due to time for the original Street Figher IV.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 7:34 am

I haven't really been up to date on whats going on with SSB4. Its hard to keep up with SSB4 topic on Smashboards due to much activities. Was wondering if anyone heard anything other than development already starting
Back to top Go down
Keven
Level 5 CPU
Keven

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 4:17 pm

i heard a rumor (2011 ) about a Capcom charather in the game but its probably false . http://wiiugo.com/super-smash-bros-4-may-feature-a-capcom-character/ but you probably already see it
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 4:40 pm

Actually, that was an interview Sakurai did. They asked him about the possibility of Megaman being in Smash 4. It doesn't confirm anything other than Sakurai saying that it pretty much depends of the character blends in with Smash.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 1:31 am

Even before I saw that link, I wanted to see Ammy over Mega Man. But other than that, there's Strider, Arthur, Morrigan, V Joe, Mega Man and Ryu. So I guess that there's a load of possibilities.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 4:29 am

I'd rather see Ryu than Mega Man honestly.
Back to top Go down
MitsuriZX
Level 4 CPU
MitsuriZX

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 5:52 am

My biggest wish is for the game to have LOTS of unlockable content.
You see,Brawl had 35 characters in the main roster(not counting the alts).
So if they put 45 characters,or even 50 characters,that's fine with me.
They could even bring back stages from Super Smash Bros on the Nintendo 64,thus increasing the replayability.But there is somenthing they absolutely shouldn't do : Take out Sonic,Snake,or any important character from Brawl.Actually...they can kind of take snake out.I wouldn't miss him so much.Part of the unlockable content could be either Trophies,Stickers,Cards...whatever strikes their fancy.
I've heard from someone on the internet that Ashley is confirmed as a newcomer.I hope Roy,Mewtwo,Dr.Mario and Pichu come back from the dead.If final smash is confirmed for SSB Universe,then this means all those returning characters would receive incredible attacks/transformations.Most importantly,add a lot of soundtrack to the game,and when i mean soundtrack,i mean the best music from the most recent Nintendo,Sega and Konami games.
Just Remember,if Sakurai had more time,he would make Brawl much better than it already is,so think of this Universe as the official Brawl 2.0.I believe that what he couldn't do with Brawl,he is willing to do in Universe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:43 pm

Its not called Universe. That was a rumor.
Ashley is also a rumor
Nothing is confirmed. Not even Mario.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:47 pm

Only thing that is confirmed for SSB4 is that it started development this month. Also confirmed is that its going to be on both Wii U & 3DS. That's all that anyone knows.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:58 pm

Am I the only one that wants to see a "64" mode that would make the game and characters look and play like in the original SSB64?
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
MitsuriZX
Level 4 CPU
MitsuriZX

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 2:42 pm

OBJECTION!
Actually,i love the "64" mode idea.
Hope the judge doesn't penalizes-me for this...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:57 am

Wow, this topic has died, anyways:
Quote :
So, I was able to find the 2008 Famitsu articles online, and they really don't bode too well for SSB4's roster. Also, Wikipedia left out the fact that Sakurai was joking about the Animal Crossing character -- context changes everything.

Here are some of the more telling blurbs:

- Even though fans want a bigger roster, it took all of the development team's hardest efforts to get 39 characters into the game.

- Nintendo has not created many new character-based series since Melee, so it is hard for Sakurai to add more meaningful characters. He is against adding unimportant characters just to beef up the roster count.

- Because of this, if there is to be a SSB4, Sakurai does not think there will be a lot of new characters.

- Sakurai realizes that making a fourth Smash Bros. will be very difficult. He will not be able to use Brawl's data to assist him because the assets will be too outdated for a high-definition console.

- He will have to do something drastically different for SSB4 so it stands apart from the last game. He will not just add to Brawl.

- Pikmin and Animal Crossing are the only Nintendo series introduced since 2001 that Sakurai feels are worthy of being given playable characters. With that said, Animal Crossing characters are too far removed from Smash Bros.' violent image. Sakurai jokes that he could have added an Animal Crossing character with a net and shovel.

Found this on the SmashBoards.
This honestly doesn't bode well for people that are expecting 50 or more characters. Essentially, Sakurai said he would have to make everything from scratch.
This also doesn't bode well for many newcoming series, as apparently, Sakurai decides if the newer series is worthy of a character, and he only found Pikmin and Animal Crossing worthy last go round. If I had to guess which series would be "worth" it to him, I'd bet on Wii, Xenoblade, and Rhythm Heaven. Though I expect Rhythm Heaven to not have a character like Animal Crossing unless Karate Joe is suddenly a viable choice.
Granted, some series received more since Brawl, but will it be enough? I would assume so for Punch-Out!! and possibly Legendary Starfy, but not quite sure on Sin & Punishment or Golden Sun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:28 am

From what I've heard of Xenoblade Chronicles, it seems to be the "breath of fresh air" that Nintendo has been due for. It's so popular and praised that I would be surprised if it isn't represented in some major form in Smash.

As for an AC character, I'd say the most obvious choice is Tom Nook, my favorite Nintendo "villain". He represents a worthy, successful series and I can see him fitting nicely in a Smash environment. The problem is whether or not he can be made into a marketable fighter. While the idea of a suspiciously assertive entrepreneur throwing furniture and beating people up with gardening tools would be hilarious in my opinion, it sounds too gimmicky to have the lasting appeal shared among even the most unconventional characters in Smash Bros. That's just me, though; I'd have to see it to believe it.

Breaking down the other possible representatives:
Player character - Having a human boy/girl from the series would make sense theoretically, and would have the iconic moveset possibilities, but I feel that an animal character would be the best choice for a representative. The series is called Animal Crossing for a reason. (Yes smartass I acknowledge that humans are animals, you understand what I'm trying to say)

KK Slider - I'm not too keen on a character who would probably serenade others with MIDI guitar loops and sing in vowel phonemes to fight.

Resetti - Is not viable. It would be unorthodox for him to respawn after he is KO'd.

P.S. Rhythm Heaven would have the most fun stage ever designed for a Smash game so who cares about a character from it
P.P.S. I didn't intend for this post to be this long I swear
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 3:01 pm

Roy may actually have good chance to appear in SSB4 now.

Since he's the next DLC Character for Fire Emblem 3DS
Spoiler:

Leaf is also to appear as DLC too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:27 am

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/what-smash-bros-needs-but-will-never-get.452450423/

Interesting thread I found.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptySat May 05, 2012 3:07 pm

Figured I share this with everyone. Not sure if this is what Japan wants in SSB4, but hopefully it benefits our speculations.

Needs someone to translate though

http://ikusaba.client.jp/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptySat May 05, 2012 3:15 pm

Looking like a fansite to me.
Quality of art was a dead giveaway, but then I looked at the character page.

EDIT:
Ohwait that's not the list of characters, that's the list of "potentials".
The red bar on each character's page is the "Expected Participation Probability".

LOLYES they have DeMille on there

Ok so the list at the bottom looks like the confirmed characters/veterans.
Ok they're not all confirmed on there, some aren't at 100% like Lucario.
Looking like any character who was in Melee and Brawl is confirmed, most Brawl vets have a very high chance.

The first list is potential new characters. The second list is potential NPC's, probably meaning assist trophies, easter eggs, story mode characters, etc. Third list is Brawl veterans.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Keven
Level 5 CPU
Keven

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptySat May 05, 2012 3:41 pm

It seem like that Sakurai will focuses more on the Wii-U/3DS connectivity
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/29968
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptySat May 05, 2012 6:04 pm

With that statement, it has me concerned about the roster. I say this cause if I remember Sakurai put the majority of his efforts into 1P Mode when compared to the roster. Not pleased.
Back to top Go down
Keven
Level 5 CPU
Keven

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 EmptySat May 19, 2012 3:59 am

I read an article about Smash Bros Wii-U/3DS these 2 Point are Interisting .

- Possibly customizable characters on the 3DS.

- Characters on 3DS may be transferable to Wii U version.

The First say that 3DS Version will have Customisation that Wii-U version will not have and the Segond point say that 3DS version will have characters that are not in the Wii-U Version Ex : 3DS have Isaac and not Wii-U and you can to an option with the Wii-U Version in the Menu to add him . I dont know if its true or false it is supose to be the tralanstion of This : http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Super-Smash-Bros-Title-Leaked-Document.jpg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

SSB4 General Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next