View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Leo
Level 7 CPU
Leo

Link

SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 3:56 pm

AEM wrote:
IIRC, Toon Link is the only Link killed Ganondorf, so he has that to back him up.
Didn't Twilight Princess Link do that too?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:03 pm

^Exactly. Ganondorf dies in both timelines.

There are seperate timelines after the events of OoT. Zelda sends Link back in time to live his lost childhood.

Then, he warns the Zelda of that time about Ganondorf, to which Ganondorf is sent to be executed, but the Sages fail to do so, which end up in the events of Twilight Princess. Inbetween the events of OoT and TP, the events of Majora's Mask transpire.
This is referred to as the Child Timeline.

Alternatively, Link DOESN'T warn about Ganondorf, and Ganondorf comes back years later after Link is sent back in time. Without the Hero of Time, Ganondorf takes over Hyrule, and then it's flooded to stop him. The events of Wind Waker and it's sequels occur.
This is referred to as the Adult Timeline.

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Split_Timeline_Theory

Link and Toon Link of Brawl exist on completely altering timelines, through parallel universes. Unlike Ness and Lucas, or Marth, Roy, and Ike, who simply exist in different time periods.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:10 pm

Going off of most peoples logic of "clones" Then Galeom and Duon are clones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:24 pm

You can't handle logic. Leave that to someone like me.

The only real clone of Brawl is Toon Link. He has too many similarities and too little differences to be otherwise.
There ARE semi-clones, or Luigified versions of characters (named after Luigi due to his changes from Mario given to him since Melee). These characters are Luigi himself, Falco, Ganondorf, Lucas, and Wolf.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:56 pm

Anyhow, to stray away from this inane and barely relevant debate...

I have the idea of Andy borrowing several of his moves from playable units in the Advance Wars series. For example, his Neutral Special could involve firing an assault rifle, in reference to the basic Infantry unit. I was also thinking his Up Special could have him hitching a ride on a helicopter somehow.

I don't know, what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 6:47 pm

Brovahkiin wrote:
Anyhow, to stray away from this inane and barely relevant debate...

I have the idea of Andy borrowing several of his moves from playable units in the Advance Wars series. For example, his Neutral Special could involve firing an assault rifle, in reference to the basic Infantry unit. I was also thinking his Up Special could have him hitching a ride on a helicopter somehow.

I don't know, what do you guys think?

It's pretty similar to how the StarFox characters got their moveset (well, Fox, anyway), so it makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Daw
Level 6 CPU
Daw

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 11:48 pm

Strider Hiryu wrote:
Griva wrote:
A clone is when character B have almost all moves based on character A.
Y.Link,for example,don't use legs for areal attacks.
"Almost all" you just proved yourself wrong.
Because having 6 different attacks is totally considered non-clone.

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 11:49 pm

My suggestion for Andy's Up B would be him launching his parachute.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Level 7 CPU
Leo

Link

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 10:27 am

Griva wrote:
Strider Hiryu wrote:
Griva wrote:
A clone is when character B have almost all moves based on character A.
Y.Link,for example,don't use legs for areal attacks.
"Almost all" you just proved yourself wrong.
Because having 6 different attacks is totally considered non-clone.

Yes.
Dude, I was being sarcastic.
Back to top Go down
Daw
Level 6 CPU
Daw

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 12:41 pm

Mr. Grinch wrote:
You can't handle logic. Leave that to someone like me.

The only real clone of Brawl is Toon Link. He has too many similarities and too little differences to be otherwise.
There ARE semi-clones, or Luigified versions of characters (named after Luigi due to his changes from Mario given to him since Melee). These characters are Luigi himself, Falco, Ganondorf, Lucas, and Wolf.

All these characters have the same attacks like the original character that they came from.But,T.Link have no near similar Air attacks like Link.

@Leo:
I'm not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 12:49 pm

Toon Link has more similar attacks to Link than the others I listed. (Especially Wolf and Lucas; you've got to be kidding me...)

You want proof? Someone did a whole series on it.

5 is excluded, because it's Marth and Ike. It's already clear that Ike is not a clone or semi-clone.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 12:57 pm

TO CONCLUDE: It's evident that Toon Link and Link have their few differences, but are mostly the same. Whether you consider them a clone or not is your opinion.
Can we please move on from this? >_<

Really, I have few massive wants for the game. In order of want:
Characters:
1. Bandana Dee
2. Ridley
3. Victini
4. Saki Amamiya
Other:
1. Something to end the competitive vs casual stuff. Like a gameplay that's in between Brawl or Melee. Heck, even an option to make the gameplay competitive or casual, although I doubt that.
Back to top Go down
ensane

ensane

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 1:49 pm

Since when is there competitive vs casual? You can play with competitive rulesets or not, nobody forces you to. Or are you trying to say Melee is inherently competitive and Brawl is inherently casual? -_-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 2:00 pm

ensane wrote:
Since when is there competitive vs casual? You can play with competitive rulesets or not, nobody forces you to. Or are you trying to say Melee is inherently competitive and Brawl is inherently casual? -_-
It would have been better worded as "Melee vs Brawl" arguments, but no, I'm not saying that the games must always be competitive or casual.
Really, I just want it to have a gameplay that everyone can agree on.
Back to top Go down
ensane

ensane

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 2:01 pm

I don't think you really want to start Melee vs Brawl here. -_-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 2:02 pm

...I'm not.
Quote :
I just want it to have a gameplay that everyone can agree on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 2:08 pm

Wow, you try to turn the Toon Link being a clone debate into a competitve vs. casual debate.
Good going.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 2:22 pm

Again, I wasn't trying to do that. I don't see how that came across when I said I wanted the new gameplay that ENDs the debate. X_X
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 2:54 pm

they already have that kind of gameplay, generic
it's called SSB64
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 3:30 pm

Then that could easily-and I hope it does-be implemented in SSB4.
Back to top Go down
Daw
Level 6 CPU
Daw

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 12:40 pm

Da Generic Name wrote:
Whether you consider them a clone or not is your opinion.

^

Generic,that is win.
Back to top Go down
Limelight788
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 10:57 pm

So there's a SSB4 thread in here?

I'm an active SSB4 poster on GameFAQs, Smashboards, and to a lesser extend, YouTube and to an even lesser extend, Nsider2.

Characters that I highly desire are Victini, Mega Man, King K. Rool, Ridley, Ray, Saki Amamiya, Mewtwo, Lip, Deoxys, Toad, Takamaru, Roy, Slime, and Professor Layton. I also support Isaac, Little Mac, Duck Hunt Dog, and Paper Mario's inclusion.

For improvements, online obviously needs to not be broken and I hope for no semi-clones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 12:20 am

Welcome to the forums, dude!
It's great to see another supporter of Layton.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 1:06 am

Ooh, I dunno about semi-clones. It's quite a stretchy term. Some people think Lucas and Ness are semi-clones, because they share two special moves, a final smash and a down tilt. Others think that semi-clones can only be as different as Link and Toon Link.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 1:52 pm

I hope Toon Link is the only character that doesn't return. I would be happy if he got replaced with Tingle or something.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Level 7 CPU
Leo

Link

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 3:15 pm

^ This x999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999.
Also, I speculate Saki as a playable and not as assist.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 7:26 pm

I feel that Saki is the most likely new series to be represented also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 7:32 pm

I don't support any cuts. Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 7:37 pm

I'm not the biggest fan of cuts myself, but I hate Toon Link enough to cross my fingers for him to get the boot. lol.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:11 pm

I liked Toon Link. I grew close to the Wind Waker Links a lot more than the "normal" Links, so I guess that's why. What they need to do is give Toon Link a better moveset, he has so many options and Sakurai just went the easy, boring way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SSB4 General Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next