Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ... - Page 2 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ...   Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 5:00 pm

Axtran you know I'm being nice NOT reporting you?
Back to top Go down
Axtran
Level 3 CPU
Axtran

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ...   Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 5:01 pm

I also know that if i made a thread that everyone considered "Good", no one would be bringing this up?
Back to top Go down
http://ninjastormer.deviantart.com/
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ...   Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 5:03 pm

Braystar would

you just called him no one

omg bray got rekt
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ...   Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 5:03 pm

Considering all the others were bad, plus the fact that Master Hand will never be playable because he's the boss, your argument is invalid
Back to top Go down
lordvaati
Level 2 CPU
lordvaati

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ...   Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 5:46 pm

Sigh.

As many stated, one of the huge flaws of this moveset is that many of the Pokes in Red's movepool are already fighters or Pokeballs or whatever. one could argue Cynthia could be a more applicable character choice as well(though Lucario makes that one iffy too.)

but ultimately I feel if we need to have a Nintendo kid that fights with monsters as his moveset that Nate & Whisper from YoKai Watch might be the best fit now.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ...   Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 5:59 pm

6 moves...what an expansive moveset.

Axtran, oh Axtran. I remember how often I'd see you in the Wall of Shame. Maybe make Red's dash attack originate from Geometry Dash before you correct others on typos.

This fool here is trying to roast everyone in this thread obviously for not agreeing with him and his terrible moveset. Good job derailing your own thread.

Now, anyways, about the moveset; oh wait, what moveset? I mean, you had to use 2 already playable Smash Pokemon as part of your moveset. I realize Pokemon are species but that's not really relevant here.

You don't even have any reasoning, you just talk about Red for a few sentences. Why should I want Red over, say, Cynthia?

Not only are you rude and spiteful in your own thread, this thread comes packaged with a poor, uninspired moveset and 0 reasoning.

lordvaati wrote:
Sigh.

As many stated, one of the huge flaws of this moveset is that many of the Pokes in Red's movepool are already fighters or Pokeballs or whatever. one could argue Cynthia could be  a more applicable character choice as well(though Lucario makes that one iffy too.)

but ultimately I feel if we need to have a Nintendo kid that fights with monsters as his moveset that Nate & Whisper from YoKai Watch might be the best fit now.
Yo-Kai Watch isn't a 1st party franchise, it's a 3rd party franchise, and Jibanyan would be the best choice for a Yo-Kai Watch rep (may or may not be making a thread for him heeha)
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ...   Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 6:35 pm

You want genuine moveset critique, Axtran? There's no moveset here. There's some Specials, and a Final Smash. You failed to explain how the Neutral Special is at all different from actual Pikachu's forward lightning bolt attack. Espeon's Reflect is literally functionally the same as Fox's Reflector. Snorlax's Body Slam is alright, especially the mid-air function. Lapras' Waterfall is the same as what Squirtle could do in Brawl. In fact, the Final Smash is literally Pokemon Trainer's Final Smash from Brawl, just with Mega-Evolutions. You said this would be different from Red's Brawl moveset, but...well...

You say you 'got nothing else' because Trainers don't fight, but already gave several moves using the Pokemon. Why not build a full moveset around those Pokemon? The Dash wasn't terrible, but Red himself doing most of the fighting is.

Also, I recall there being a Red suggestion some time ago.

Also also, his eyes are totally brown. Fan art often makes them red, but they're brown in all the game art. And Origin.

Yeah, no support. (and what Shaq said, you gave literally no reasoning for him to be in the game. We don't need a physical description; just include a picture)
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ...   Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 6:49 pm

I remember there being a 'Pokemon Trainer' moveset made back when I worked on SSF2... it wasn't very good, but it involved using a lot of random pokemon for some attacks, and items for others. For example, the Fishing Rod was whiped around for a smash attack (though I feel like it'd work better as a grab).

Can't find the sprite sheet, unfortunately... there's potential here, but the OP didn't realize it.
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ...   Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 7:01 pm

Yep, I think this is a good time to have the mods ban Axtran. I applaud to you for staying that long with just 25%, but I think it's best for someone to put you down.
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ...   Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 9:06 am

Any Pokemon Trainer is in a very tight and awkward spot.
For starters, Trainers themselves are known to not be fighters themselves. Now, we have had other characters like Wii Fit Trainer and Phoenix wright appear as contenders so at least this point doesn't hold much strength.
It's more of an issue of being a good representative and having an interesting moveset. Without his pokemon, The trainer is but a normal person. He would only provide "Different" punches and kicks if you get super technical and indepth to make sure he doesn't copy every single character who can punch and kick already.
So not only would his moveset alone be kind of boring on his own, but adding "Assistant Pokemon" brings a new issue on it's own: Why should he use Assistant pokemon while Pokemon themselves are fully developed fighters? Why not take the "Assistant pokemon" the trainer could use and develop those instead?
The most you could develop is a Rosaluma combination (Or Olimar style) where The trainer is pretty bad on his own, but his assistant pokemon can be commanded to fight in his stead instead.

Because of this, I think a Pokemon Ranger has a better chance since it actually makes sense that a single assistant pokemon is around with them (Since they don't use pokeballs) for a dynamic duo fighter (Like Duck Hunt in Smash where both are together instead of separate entities like Ice Climbers/Rosaluma).
The Ranger himself is expected and widely known to get other pokemons to assist (Beedrill, Ratata, Pidgey, small fry could be used for specials that dive in, act and then leave).
They are also known to be athletic, a contrast from trainers that make them more belieable fighters (or rather easier to implement than "Normal human fighting").

Alas, this is starting to sound more for a different thread though
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ...   Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 12:41 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Yo-Kai Watch isn't a 1st party franchise, it's a 3rd party franchise, and Jibanyan would be the best choice for a Yo-Kai Watch rep (may or may not be making a thread for him heeha)
Well actually, Yo-Kai Watch is 4th party, because actually, Yo-Kai Watch is an anime, and the 3DS game is a so-called "licensed game".
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ...   Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 1:15 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
Well actually, Yo-Kai Watch is 4th party, because actually, Yo-Kai Watch is an anime, and the 3DS game is a so-called "licensed game".

The game was out long before the anime aired
It was a manga before an anime as well
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ...   Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 1:20 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
The research has vanished
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ...   Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 2:20 pm

I just checked and Red actually already has a thread so I have an excuse to move this one
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ...   Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Trainer Red (Pokemon) Discussion: ...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2