8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 5:29 pm

Alrighty, so after going through some wikis and sprite sheets I came up with quite a few ideas. These ideas do replace most enemy summoning moves but hear me out.

Moveset Ideas:

So, what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 5:39 pm

TaXMaN wrote:
Alrighty, so after going through some wikis and sprite sheets I came up with quite a few ideas. These ideas do replace most enemy summoning moves but hear me out.

Moveset Ideas:

So, what do you guys think?
The Down Special isn't a bad idea, not at all, but I'm not sure exactly what I think of it. I want to keep the enemy summoning, but not sure if I can fit in the grass pull as well..

Down Throw won't be changed, it's gonna stay his jump, but it might become a multi-jump.

Up Throw is a good idea. And the Back Throw is good too. Thank you for the suggestions, I'll keep them in mind.
Back to top Go down
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 7:54 pm

SUPPORT i want this character in soo bad!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sk00ps

Sk00ps

N/A

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 8:09 pm

Not bad, not bad at all. You have my support ^_^
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 8:35 pm

I'm torn between these Down Special ideas. On the one hand, Shaq's idea better represents classic Mario on the whole, with iconic enemies that appeared in multiple games. On the other hand, TaXMaN's idea represents SMB 2, which I stated before I think should have some inclusion, and has the Phanto, one of my favorite Mario enemies, as a really cool mechanic. For me, the best situation is if the two are combined. Maybe 8-Bit Mario pulls the enemies out of the ground before setting them down, and can also pull up the objects TaXMaN suggested?
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 8:57 am

I'm not sure it makes sense for Mario to be summoning Goombas. That's kind of like DK using kremlings or Link using moblins.

However, I know Shaq wants to keep a summoning down special. What if, instead, he pulls a pipe out of the ground which spawns a Shellcreeper, Sidestepper, or (rarely) a Fighter Fly. I feel like that would make more sense canonically - Mario has no problems with those enemies, they're just part of the plumbing job.

Since he's now pulling something out of the ground, maybe throw in Ottsel's idea as well - that is, a small chance to pull a bomb or key instead ala SMB2.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 10:41 am

Lego Shaq wrote:
The Down Special isn't a bad idea, not at all, but I'm not sure exactly what I think of it. I want to keep the enemy summoning, but not sure if I can fit in the grass pull as well..

Well the thing is with the grass pull Down B, Mario actually uses weapons/items he used in an official game. The summoning of enemies is cool and all but it's more of a Bowser thing, really. Iconic or not, enemies are still enemies and should preferably be used as a last resort only.

Lego Shaq wrote:
Down Throw won't be changed, it's gonna stay his jump, but it might become a multi-jump.

Completely fine with me.

Lego Shaq wrote:
Up Throw is a good idea. And the Back Throw is good too. Thank you for the suggestions, I'll keep them in mind.

Thanks and sure thing, man!
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 1:59 pm

Roy wrote:
I'm not sure it makes sense for Mario to be summoning Goombas. That's kind of like DK using kremlings or Link using moblins.

It's like how Duck Hunt is the Dog, Duck and Hunter all in one.

Enemies working together.

Duck and Hunter I mean
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 2:13 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Roy wrote:

Duck and Hunter I mean
Yeah, plus, they could be working to a common goal; to defeat enemies.

Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 2:48 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:

Duck and Hunter I mean

For Duck Hunt, they didn't have a lot to work with so they used everything they could from the original game. 8-bit Mario, on the other hand, has several titles to take moves from. If every move can be canon why not make it that way?

Lego Shaq wrote:

Sorry but I don't see how that's a solid reason.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 2:58 pm

TaXMaN wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:

Duck and Hunter I mean

For Duck Hunt, they didn't have a lot to work with so they used everything they could from the original game. 8-bit Mario, on the other hand, has several titles to take moves from. If every move can be canon why not make it that way?

Lego Shaq wrote:

Sorry but I don't see how that's a solid reason.
Look, I just want to keep the summoning. I really don't think it's that much of an issue, and it's not like all Crusade characters stay true to their canon.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 2:59 pm

remember that one time that DHD took out a gun and shot everyone

that was my favorite part
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 3:03 pm

Isn't this the same reason that our Pac-Man doesn't use ghosts in his smash attacks?

I know we'd never see scenarios like DK beating up Diddy in 'canon', but would you ever see Mario calling a Goomba, who willingly walks over and attacks Bowser? (within the 8-bit realm, we're not talking about Paper Mario here) It just seems so... weird to me, that Mario would resort to this.

I did mention using Mario Bros enemies instead - the Shellcreepers and Sidesteppers.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 3:18 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
remember that one time that DHD took out a gun and shot everyone

that was my favorite part
Like I said, DHD/Duck Hunt didn't have a lot to work with. Thus, moves had to be made up. Sure, not everything is canon in Smash but being able to trace moves of a character to the source is almost like finding an easter egg. At least in my opinion.

Lego Shaq wrote:
Look, I just want to keep the summoning. I really don't think it's that much of an issue, and it's not like all Crusade characters stay true to their canon.

The enemy summoning would just seem like a last resort to players outside the forum. But it is your moveset, so your choice.
Back to top Go down
AmareTSM

AmareTSM

N/A

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 8:34 pm

Good, I'm not the only person who thinks that Mario using his own enemies to help him fight is dumb.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 9:07 pm

AmareTSM wrote:
Good, I'm not the only person who thinks that Mario using his own enemies to help him fight is dumb.
Good, that's pretty clear that multiple others do lol, no need to randomly bring it up.
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 9:15 pm

The problem with 8-bit Mario is that there isn't much to go off of for a moveset without resorting to the enemy summoning.

I guess one thing that bodes well for him is that he would be easy enough to sprite, but I'm not really seeing what he would really add to the game.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 9:21 pm

HeroOfRhyme wrote:
The problem with 8-bit Mario is that there isn't much to go off of for a moveset without resorting to the enemy summoning.

I guess one thing that bodes well for him is that he would be easy enough to sprite, but I'm not really seeing what he would really add to the game.
Not moveset wise he'd add a classic character that is known by tons of people even in 8-bit form, which is Mario's 2nd most iconic appearance. 8-Bit Mario appeared in a lot of games in a way and he contributed a ton to gaming, and was the star of the Mario Bros that started it all.

Gameplay wise, he'd add a unique character that's very random but awesome at stage control, who blends close-up attacks with summoning and can do anything you set your mind to with him.

What do you think of the moveset I have here so far at least?
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 1:03 pm

I like the suit moves, so that's a bonus. Maybe add a small Mario/big Mario gimmick of some sort?
I don't really like the idea of using enemies for the specials; I think it would be more neat to change the way the power ups work. Possibly so that the form he is in changes his smash attacks, and each special performs a move that transforms him into those different forms.

I think 8-Bit Mario would be better off as an assist trophy or something like that, however.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 1:08 pm

HeroOfRhyme wrote:
I like the suit moves, so that's a bonus.  Maybe add a small Mario/big Mario gimmick of some sort?
I don't really like the idea of using enemies for the specials; I think it would be more neat to change the way the power ups work.  Possibly so that the form he is in changes his smash attacks, and each special performs a move that transforms him into those different forms.

I think 8-Bit Mario would be better off as an assist trophy or something like that, however.
I'm not sure if I get what you're saying. Are you saying his suits should change all his specials? Because I kinda disagree, feel that's a bit too overboard.

Yeah, I wanted to add a gimmick like that; maybe at 50% or higher he becomes Big Mario, after being Small Mario for the match so far?

Luckily the game doesn't have assist trophies or anything resembling it that 8-Bit Mario could fit into so I'm not worried about that.
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 1:11 pm

I'm saying that the specials should each be associated with a power up. So, Down special is the boot. So, after using the down special you're playing as Mario in the boot, of course with a somewhat limited moveset, and you could do similar things for all the other powers.

Neutral B could be an animation where he grows suddenly and shrinks back to regular size, to bring back his standard moveset.

Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 1:13 pm

HeroOfRhyme wrote:
I'm saying that the specials should each be associated with a power up.  So, Down special is the boot.  So, after using the down special you're playing as Mario in the boot, of course with a somewhat limited moveset, and you could do similar things for all the other powers.

Neutral B could be an animation where he grows suddenly and shrinks back to regular size, to bring back his standard moveset.

No I don't think so, that's way too much suits/power-ups. His specials so fair are really unique imo and I don't want to change that.

But from what I see you mean his Neutral B should be him growing and starts using the suits for specials, and not using Neutral B makes you use the moveset seen in my thread?
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 1:20 pm

I noticed you don't have the Smash attacks typed out... like there's nothing at all.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 1:31 pm

TaXMaN wrote:
I noticed you don't have the Smash attacks typed out... like there's nothing at all.
You're correct, I haven't added them yet.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 2:08 am

Support to the max.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 9:00 am

Braystar wrote:
Support to the max.
You're back? Awesome, glad to see you.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 4:04 pm

I've been meaning to come back, but YouTube had  hold on me. Now since it's the holidays I have a shit ton of free time, so I'll be here
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 9:36 pm

But is this really necessary...?
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 9:50 pm

Shiruza wrote:
But is this really necessary...?
Is Geno necessary?
Is Petey necessary?
Is Snivy necessary?

Those are just 3. Next, please.

I'm not sure what logic you're using. You just randomly say "is this even necessary" when I explained just why it may be necessary in my post.

EDIT: Removed Tingle he's too good

Last edited by Lego Shaq on Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 9:53 pm

Quote :
Is Tingle necessary?
Absolutely
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!   8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

8-Bit Mario (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion: Jump Into Battle!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next