Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
lightdasher
Level 2 CPU
lightdasher

N/A

Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) Empty
PostSubject: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 10:32 am

Who are Medli + Makar?

Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) CBxQsXi

Medli and Makar are two playable characters in The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker for the Gamecube and Wii U remake, they are the Earth and Wind Sages respectfully and they aid Link in his quest to restore the Master Sword.
They both share a sense of courage and vigor as Link.

Why Medli+Makar over any other Zelda character?

It would clear off a potential clone being Tetra and also keep the Zelda franchise representations varied instead of just 2 Links, 3 Zeldas and Ganondorf.
It'd be something unexpected and unique, bringing in more potentia and uniqueness over Tetra and tingle.

What with Wind Waker HD they could easily represent both the game, and (Toon) Links companions who help him throughout the game, plus Medli+Makar help balance out the representation of the Zelda series style wise, Zelda, Sheik, Link, Ganondorf and Tingle all have that series tone to it with Tingle representing the bits inbetween, with Medli+Makar you're expanding out more into the Toon games freshening things up a little.

They each have their own important role within the game, and both share something only 1 other Zelda character has achieved (Being playable besides Link)
Although of course this doesn't really mean they deserve being playable over TZelda in itself

They steer clear from the norm and usual requests

If I had a pound for every request of Midna, Tingle, Girahim, Ganon, Impa request I'd drown in money, the problem with putting in characters we've seen a dozen times is that when it finally does happen, you get a sense of "oh is this it?" of course I may not share the same opinion as others do but that's how I look at it, remember when Wii Fit Trainer was announced for Smash 4 and how a lot of people hated it? But it actually turned out to be something neat and interesting? Going left flag a little can have it's benefits.

Medli and Makar fighting together? Does that really make sense?

Short answer, yes.
Long answer, they're both Sages, in almost every Zelda game that has featured Sages they have always worked together, be it in Ocarina of time all the way over to 4 Swords Adventures, for them to be working together isn't too farfetched and they've seen interacting at the ending of Wind Waker when you see them both together on Tetras bout.

Okay, you've convinced me, but how would they fight? CAN they fight?

Here's where I get into the character as a Smash fighter, when you hear Medli+Makar, or even see them together you'd probably think "Rosalina & Luma clone" but that is incorrect, that is not what I had in mind at all, infact I actually conceived these two as a fighter before Smash 4, as far as duo characters go, it'd be like comparing them to Duck hunt duo, who ARE a duo, but one fighter.

Weight : Lighter than Toon Link, she's a bird after all.
Height : Medli Stands as tall as Toon Link, with Makar on her head the character itself would be a little taller
Speed : Slightly Slower than Toon Link, probably about Luigis speed
Jumps : 4
Can Wall Jump? : Yes
Can Wall cling? : No
Tether Grab : Yes
Can Crawl : No

Palletes

Here's a little animation I whipped up a while ago
Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) Tumblr_nq0fq6qSYv1r35r4po4_400

Moveset (Spoilered because there's a lot in here)

Spoiler:

Oh, this may or may not be the right place to say this, but if Medli+Makar are ever considered for this, I'd be up for spriting them and am willing to show you my past works as well. You may remember this little sprite I did if you were around on Smashboards.
Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) Y8iXeFn
Of course making one sprite does not make me a class A sprite artist, but at least keep me in mind if they're ever considered.

Supporters

Spoiler:

Last edited by lightdasher on Fri May 06, 2016 3:42 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.lightdasher.tumblr.com
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 10:58 am

Here's an idea for the side special. After the hook captures the opponent, it can be just like the ultra hand, or you can press the back/special button to do something different.

Back: Medi pulls the grappling hook and forces the opponent to get close to her.

Special: Makar jumps and summon wind or leaves to damage the opponent, after that Medi releases the grappling hook. It does no knockback, but causes more damage than the other options.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 11:14 am

lightdasher wrote:
as far as duo characters go, it'd be like comparing them to Duck hunt duo, who ARE a duo, but one fighter.
WRONG! Duck Hunt is not a duo, but a TRIO! Why do you guys keep on forgetting Duck Hunt's reveal trailer? Why? Why do you guys have to hurt me so?

Aside from that, I don't see a reason to not support, since your idea is definitely original, and it would be nice to see a LoZ rep that isn't Link, Zelda, Ganondorf/LoZ villain or that stupid annoying green-cladded fairy-wannabe good-for-nothing that is Tingle (I hate him).
So yeah, I support Medli's inclusion.
Back to top Go down
lightdasher
Level 2 CPU
lightdasher

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 11:31 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
lightdasher wrote:
as far as duo characters go, it'd be like comparing them to Duck hunt duo, who ARE a duo, but one fighter.
WRONG! Duck Hunt is not a duo, but a TRIO! Why do you guys keep on forgetting Duck Hunt's reveal trailer? Why? Why do you guys have to hurt me so?

But the game calls them "Duck Hunt DUO!"
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 11:48 am

Support. Very cool idea.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 12:30 pm

lightdasher wrote:
That's because Europe got a brainfart there. But at least they didn't invented a Zelda character that doesn't even exist, unlike the 'Mericans: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2014/08/28/brac-the-character-never-meant-to-be-majoras-mask/
Back to top Go down
lightdasher
Level 2 CPU
lightdasher

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 12:35 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Support. Very cool idea.
Thank you

TrinitroMan wrote:
lightdasher wrote:
That's because Europe got a brainfart there. But at least they didn't invented a Zelda character that doesn't even exist, unlike the 'Mericans: sourcegaming.info/2014/08/28/brac-the-character-never-meant-to-be-majoras-mask/
Regardless, most people will get the point I'm trying to make. (and it also means we're both right ;L)

VultureDuck wrote:
Here's an idea for the side special. After the hook captures the opponent, it can be just like the ultra hand, or you can press the back/special button to do something different.

Back: Medi pulls the grappling hook and forces the opponent to get close to her.

See I thought this at first, but then that's what the grab is for
Back to top Go down
lightdasher
Level 2 CPU
lightdasher

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 2:48 pm

Shameful bump and double post but we've kind of fallen of the table here. Are there any movesets for Medli+Makar you guys could think of that you think may suit them better? Or any input anyone else could give?
Back to top Go down
RaiaZecter
Level 1 CPU
RaiaZecter

AurumZenoHX

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 8:28 pm

I really like this. Support from me!
Back to top Go down
The Real Rita Mordio
Level 2 CPU
The Real Rita Mordio

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 5:01 pm

I FULLY support this idea. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Medli (not Makar so much) and I've dreamed of playing as them in a game other than Zelda WW (I'm looking at you, Hyrule Warriors! >.> )

I really love the idea for the two. It's different, It's unique, and it's amazing! I REALLY hope these two will be added someday.
Back to top Go down
eris27100
Level 3 CPU
eris27100

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 3:18 pm

something with Makar is something I'm willing to support
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 2:46 pm

Support. Medli's my waifu.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 3:04 pm

Kzinssie wrote:
She's like 15 at most ya creep
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 3:27 pm

well so was i when i first played wind waker
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 3:40 pm

Support!
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 5:37 pm

Support! cheers
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 9:03 pm

Not too sure about the Makar part, but Medli would be neat

support
Back to top Go down
Forest Bug Productions
Level 3 CPU
Forest Bug Productions

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 6:35 am

Interesting, I support.
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 7:46 pm

Who wants to volunteer to revamp the moveset after she comes out in Hyrule Warriors, if need be?
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 8:22 pm

Kzinssie wrote:
Who wants to volunteer to revamp the moveset after she comes out in Hyrule Warriors, if need be?
I see OP quite frequently on twitter, I'm sure one of us can just contact them.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 1:07 pm

Yeah, support.
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 2:55 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Kzinssie wrote:
If she's 15, i'm 15 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 11:10 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Kzinssie wrote:
You do realize that the age of consent in Japan is 14, right. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Back to top Go down
Malkasaur

Malkasaur

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 9:45 am

Really neat moveset. I love the animations showing what the moves would look like. I support.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 1:18 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
Kzinssie wrote:
You do realize that the age of consent in Japan is 14, right. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You do realize there is not a single Japanese member on this forum and that Zelda is not set in Japan, right (le hilarious not beaten to death lenny face here)

But enough of that. If we do incorporate Medli's Hyrule Warriors moveset, what should they replace? Of course we should wait till the games out but this moveset seems just fine, plus consider Makar
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 4:20 pm

Makar shouldn't really be there honestly. We'll have to wait for her HW debut to see how her moveset could change from it.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 4:53 pm

Kzinssie wrote:
Makar shouldn't really be there honestly. We'll have to wait for her HW debut to see how her moveset could change from it.
I mean why not? Not only does it make her character much more unique, it adds another loved Toon-era character. I don't see why we need to remove Makar and make her moveset less unique and fun.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 8:03 pm

Well, the gimmick is obviously the Ice Climbers' gimmick, except one character is only used 25% of the time while the other is used 100% of the time. We could make the moveset so Makar is there for everything, but why use the gimmick on these two? To me it sounds like if we added Metal Man & Flash Man instead of just Metal Man. Why not use the gimmick where it would make more sense?
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 9:24 pm

Pretty much that. Makar should be his own character or an assist trophy, not awkwardly welded onto Medli (who he never even met in WW if memory serves).
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 3:06 pm

OP themselves explained why it makes sense. They're Sages, who always fight together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)   Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker) Empty

Back to top Go down

Medli + Makar (Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next