PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE! - Page 2 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE!   PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 11:36 am

ok sure
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE!   PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 6:51 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
maybe Nathan Drake (because he already appeared in Street Fighter x Tekken)

He was only considered

Roy wrote:

This brings up a good question - when we 'give support' to a character, are we supporting the character itself (uniqueness, moveset), or are we supporting it deserving a spot (representation)? And what about conditional supports (for example, Ninten only being supported if enough other franchises get representation first)? This whole 'unofficial character' section doesn't seem like it's thought out enough...

Supporting the character means you support their inclusion in the game. Fan-created movesets in support threads are one of the methods meant to persuade people into also supporting them. If we decide a character is popular enough to be included and is deserving of a spot, we aren't guaranteed to use the moveset the supporter created. It's not out of the question, though.

Conditional supports are touchy, if we decide to include a character and we meet your conditions, sure, we'll consider you supportive. The thread detailing the number of supporters per character is for users to see how their characters are doing, and does not necessarily effect game development. Of course, like I said earlier, we do look at all the threads and take them into consideration.

If you have any suggestions on how we could improve the process please leave them in the rules thread, I'd love to hear them.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE!   PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 4:25 am

Dustination wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:

He was only considered
So wait, Nathan Drake is not that Uncharted guy?
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE!   PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 8:17 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Dustination wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:

He was only considered
So wait, Nathan Drake is not that Uncharted guy?

Nathan Drake is not in Street Fightet x Tekken

Unless it's something completely hidden from the Internet
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
AkumaTh
Level 3 CPU
AkumaTh

AkumaTh

PostSubject: Re: PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE!   PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 8:23 am

Roy wrote:
If we were only to get one Playstation character, it would have to be either Toro or Sackboy. They both fit within the Smash realm and are seen as mascots. Kratos and Drake are fairly significant, but I don't think they're a good fit. As much as I like Jak, Sly, and Ratchet, they're not up there with Toro and Sackboy. Parappa would even be below Spike in terms of importance... To be perfectly honest, even if we were to get 5 Playstation exclusives, I don't think I'd include Parappa as one of them.

I kind of disagree. The Series is responsible for the popularity of rhythm games like DDR, Guitar Hero and the likes. It had an anime series, a series of books, numerous games and spinoffs, was #3 for Official UK PlayStation Magazine best game of all time (above Spike's game which was #9). And when Sony did introduce their own Smash game, he was the 6th character they showed (look up Playstation All Stars E3). And also rumor has it that a Parappa 3 will be coming to PS4 and Vita. And quite frankly, he would be a lot more fun to make moves for than many of the Sony reps.

Parappa is the equivalent to Phoenix Wright in Capcom, not the first rep you would think of but frikkin popular. Heck, compare this topic to previous Sony reps.

Dustination wrote:

That was Cole MacGrath he was confusing for. From Infamous, not Uncharted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mgcomics.com/
Rey_JJJ
Level 1 CPU
Rey_JJJ

N/A

PostSubject: Re: PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE!   PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 2:00 pm

AkumaTh wrote:
I kind of disagree. The Series is responsible for the popularity of rhythm games like DDR, Guitar Hero and the likes. It had an anime series, a series of books, numerous....
Leave it to Akuma T. H. to never be caught unarmed in an argument for the right answer.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE!   PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 2:21 pm

AkumaTh wrote:
Dustination wrote:

That was Cole MacGrath he was confusing for. From Infamous, not Uncharted.
Thanks.
And yeah, I meant Cole MacGrath. I keep mixing up both the two characters and the two games (probably because I don't own any of those two games).
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE!   PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 7:02 pm

AkumaTh wrote:
I kind of disagree. The Series is responsible for the popularity of rhythm games like DDR, Guitar Hero and the likes. It had an anime series, a series of books, numerous games and spinoffs, was #3 for Official UK PlayStation Magazine best game of all time (above Spike's game which was #9). And when Sony did introduce their own Smash game, he was the 6th character they showed (look up Playstation All Stars E3). And also rumor has it that a Parappa 3 will be coming to PS4 and Vita. And quite frankly, he would be a lot more fun to make moves for than many of the Sony reps.

Parappa is the equivalent to Phoenix Wright in Capcom, not the first rep you would think of but frikkin popular. Heck, compare this topic to previous Sony reps.
I guess that is a fair point, but Spike is responsible for the dual-stick configuration on controllers. Numerous games is 3? Ape Escape had 14. I don't think the order of revealed characters really means anything, the initial 6 characters were chosen to represent the history of Playstation - Kratos, Sweet Tooth, Sly, Fat Princess, Radec, Parappa, with Parappa as the main PS1 rep (And are you seriously going to say Radec and Fat Princess are more significant than Parappa, Drake, Cole, etc?).

I don't think comparing this to previous Sony reps topics is fair, considering what most of the conversation in this topic is (moveset related, PSASBR related, other Sony reps related). There tends to be more discussion with more controversial characters. (I mean, look this post!)
Back to top Go down
AkumaTh
Level 3 CPU
AkumaTh

AkumaTh

PostSubject: Re: PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE!   PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 6:33 am

Roy wrote:
I guess that is a fair point, but Spike is responsible for the dual-stick configuration on controllers.

Actually, Square is. Its because of two of their games they produced (one being Tobal 2) that we have the Dual Analog Sticks. I wanted to link to it but I still can not. Check out the Wiki page for "Dual Analog Controller", the source leads to an IGN page talking about it. Makes it even more weird that a Square rep was never in Sony Smash.

Ape Escape was the first to make it mandatory.

EDIT: Just checked around. Despite all the games, Spike is only playable in five of them (and just one in the numbered games). Heck, most references usually only use the Monkeys and not Spike (see MGS3).
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE!   PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 7:23 am

Ok, let me rephrase that: Ape Escape was largely responsible for bringing the dual-stick configuration to the masses. Similarly, it's not as if Parappa was the first rhythm game ever, it just brought music + button timing to the masses.

... this is getting a bit out of hand here. I really doubt we would have to pick between Parappa and Spike. The main point was that Parappa would not be the first choice for a Playstation rep (Sackboy/Toro). I'm also biased towards the PS2 trio so I don't think I should comment on them here.

The focus in this topic should be for support for Parappa. I'm still trying to think of an up special... is there anything from the TV series that could be used?
Back to top Go down
AkumaTh
Level 3 CPU
AkumaTh

AkumaTh

PostSubject: Re: PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE!   PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 8:50 am

Good point. Lets stop that as is.

As from the show, one bit I really like from the opening is when he a paper puppet they spin him around and he changes. Maybe use the fact he's flat to make him a paper helicopter. Other then that, the show is more slice of life so nothing as wacky as in the games (though the skateboard was used there before Parappa 2).

But for an up special, how about looking at how his teachers leave when he reaches cool level.

Spoiler:

As for moves in All Stars that could work.
Spoiler:

Though someone online had possibly the best idea for an Up Special. It came from thegamingfamily Wiki.
Spoiler:

With this, we could have the noodle Neutral that one guy wanted.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE!   PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 9:16 am

I feel like a mic copter is a cop-out, there's already enough of those... the parachute/balloon/water hose could work, though, representing something actually from his games.

(Noddle thing was my idea... mainly because I wanted the mic grab move from PSASBR somehow, but I guess it's not necessary and it could just be his grab)
Back to top Go down
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE!   PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 9:43 am

updated moveset. romantic karate us now the up special.
Back to top Go down
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE!   PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 11:31 am

Updated Moveset: Added an alt Final SMash.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE!   PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 11:11 am

Support
Back to top Go down
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE!   PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 4:54 pm

hey guys! havent updated in a while so i updated the moves a bit.
Back to top Go down
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE!   PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 8:31 pm

I added a drawing of the moveset so you guys can see what the move looks like. Sorry, the pic is blurry.
Back to top Go down
Agent___5
Level 4 CPU
Agent___5

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE!   PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 6:17 pm

I support PaRappa joining Crusade

Also as a idea, his Grab could work like other grabs but by attacking before the opponent is in the close range animation the attack will be canceled (when the opponent in infront of Parappa)
Back to top Go down
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE!   PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 16, 2017 9:13 pm

Hit1 wrote:
I support PaRappa joining Crusade

Also as a idea, his Grab could work like other grabs but by attacking before the opponent is in the close range animation the attack will be canceled (when the opponent in infront of Parappa)

I havent revisited this thread in a while but I made some improvements. I changed the down special to be more like PSASBR, because rapping to heal health seems to impractical and makes you very vurnerable since it does no damage like Neutral Special. Also the reason i went with the Mic Pull as a grab is because the neutral combo already seemed like a grab, since you cancel out of with moves that are kind of like "throws."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE!   PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper) Discussion: You gotta do what? I GOTTA BELIEVE!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2