View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
DJSkrelp
Level 2 CPU
DJSkrelp

N/A

Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 6:59 pm

Pheonix Wright's sprite is plain bad in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLy3SOItBAVpOzzkfhGd5pw
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 3:26 pm

Okay, I have another thing to ask.

Which sprites do you think that they won't change?
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 1:27 pm

I think that Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Goku, and Petey are pretty set in stone barring a few animations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 1:43 pm

Samus could look great with her Super Metroid sprite from SNES
Back to top Go down
rBats
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 5:38 pm

Personally, I think Ganondorf should look even more like a football player. If you could add in a skin where he has a football helmet, I would be really appreciative.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 7:01 pm

rBats wrote:
Personally, I think Ganondorf should look even more like a football player. If you could add in a skin where he has a football helmet, I would be really appreciative.

That's funny dude
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Shining
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 7:49 pm

I feel like Krystal should be S tier on the resprite list, when I play her I can't see her face, I honestly don't know what direction I'm facing, I can't tell what she's doing in most of her sprites. She just looks like a blob honestly. I'm not trying to be harsh or mean or anything. Sad
Back to top Go down
Szion
Level 2 CPU
Szion

szionblue

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 9:46 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
I'm sorry, but the Krystal sprites to really REALLY terrible, even worse than Yoshi's sprites.
Actually, the Krystal sprites are a lot worse than the Fox and Falco sprites in...well, pretty much everything.

Thank the lord, im not alone here. I actually just made a thread about that..
Back to top Go down
blaner
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 12:50 am

i think geno needs a resprite, and here is the resprite he needs ( im goinng to post this in the geno topic too)

https://2img.net/h/s7.postimg.cc/6n6yhad6z/geno.png
made by geno for smash and me
Back to top Go down
IronedSandwich
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 5:50 am

Zero Suit Samus, Yoshi (Dspec), DK, Marth, Snake, Weegee (throws), Captain Falcon, Power Suit Samus, Bowser (Bair), Waluigi (a few attacks), Wario (a few attacks), Jigglypuff.
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 12:25 pm

Yoshi probably just needs a new sprite in general to be honest.  What attacks of Waluigi and Wario do feel need work?  I'd like to make a list.  I'll look into Bowser's Bair.
Back to top Go down
TheMayMaysJack
Level 4 CPU
TheMayMaysJack

:^)

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 1:09 pm

Some character sprites are shared with smash flash, which may cause confusion among new players, what should we do about that?
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 1:14 pm

As far as I can remember, the only characters that have the same sprites are Sonic and Goku (and maybe Wario?)

It's very likely that Sonic is going to get a resprite in SSF2, and Goku has a different color palette in SSF2.

I'd say we're not going to do anything about this situation.
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 2:35 pm

It's not a worry of ours. We use (edited, differently from SSF2's edits at that) JUS Goku simply because it fits in well with the style we're going for, I assume. As for Sonic, they are the best currently existing sprites for him that we can use. They're good enough that he's not really a priority for resprite imo.

As for Ness, I think SSF2 as a newer sheet for him than what we're using.
Back to top Go down
KipShades
Level 1 CPU
KipShades

KipShades

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 12:52 am

I honestly disagree with everyone else on Bowser.  I think he needs a resprite, for several reasons.  For one, a lot of his poses are awkward, and his proportions are off, particularly on his idle animation.  The lightest shades of his skin tones are also a little bit too light.  In particular, there's quite a bit of clash between his poses where he retreats into his shell and his other poses.

I'd also note that we should probably move past Samus' old Mega Man Zero-style sprites. And I'm gonna have to agree that Yoshi needs to be re-sprited entirely, as do the Duck Hunt Dog and Mach Rider.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 1:49 am

You know what Bowser really needs? Actual Giga Bowser sprites!
There! I said it!
Back to top Go down
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 7:15 am

Bowser only needs some improved animations and a bit more shading here and there. On his Up Tilt for example his left leg looks too dark and only with 1 shading, it makes the animation a lot worse.
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 10:53 am

KipShades wrote:
I honestly disagree with everyone else on Bowser.  I think he needs a resprite, for several reasons.  For one, a lot of his poses are awkward, and his proportions are off, particularly on his idle animation.  The lightest shades of his skin tones are also a little bit too light.  In particular, there's quite a bit of clash between his poses where he retreats into his shell and his other poses.

I'd also note that we should probably move past Samus' old Mega Man Zero-style sprites.  And I'm gonna have to agree that Yoshi needs to be re-sprited entirely, as do the Duck Hunt Dog and Mach Rider.

Palette issues can be fixed in Gamemaker easily enough using the palette system. I do agree that some animations need some work, and I saw the up-tilt mentioned, so I'll add that to my to-do list. Honestly I'm not super familiar with Bowser in SSBC, so I'll look into it tonight.

Samus definitely needs a new sprite, there's no questioning that.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 12:15 pm

desu wrote:
Bowser only needs some improved animations and a bit more shading here and there. On his Up Tilt for example his left leg looks too dark and only with 1 shading, it makes the animation a lot worse.
B-b-but Giga Bowser!
Back to top Go down
KipShades
Level 1 CPU
KipShades

KipShades

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 2:38 pm

I'd suggest taking some cues from his Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside story sprites in terms of color scheme and shading.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 12:39 am

B-b-but Giga Bowser!
Back to top Go down
LeadPlooty
Level 1 CPU
LeadPlooty

Lead

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 8:05 pm

HypeConduit wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:
I like that you put Ridley in S-Tier when I always thought he looked okay.

You know what looks okay about him? His idle sprite. That's about it. His jab animation is terrible looking (watch his legs especially) and there is evidently many frames needed to make all of his moves look fluid. His Neutral air is literally 90 degree rotations and it does not look good. His glide could use at least one more frame of animation to look somewhat realistic for a winged glider. He's a complex character though, so I would understand how it would look okay from far away compared to simpler characters like Yoshi.

I'll bump him down to A tier because there's truth in that he isn't in need as bad as ZSS and the rest.

OH GOD THE LEGS
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 9:34 pm

blaner wrote:
i think geno needs a resprite, and here is the resprite he needs ( im goinng to post this in the geno topic too)

https://2img.net/h/s7.postimg.cc/6n6yhad6z/geno.png
made by geno for smash and me

These are actually very good, but I never really felt as though Geno needed a resprite in the first place.

Those are amazing though, good job.
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 7:42 pm

This is in no particular order but these are characters that need new sprites in general:
-Peach
-Yoshi
-Pikachu
-Samus
-ZSS
-Toon Link
-Marth
-Fox
-Falco
-Krystal
-Snake

These are characters that could use some touch ups/minor fixes:
-Toad
-Wario
-Bowser
-DK
-Jigglypuff
-Ridley
-C.F.
-Gooey
-Ness
-Lucas
-Mach Rider
-Ristar
-Rayman
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 3:15 am

B-b-but Giga Bowser!
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 3:17 am

^ and yes giga bowser Smile
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 3:23 am

SS_Maeweather wrote:
^ and yes giga bowser Smile
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 10:59 am

I'd say the only ones that desperately need one are ZSS, Marth, and Krystal. Everyone else is either okay or could use a few tweaks
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 1:28 pm

Sean_McMuffin wrote:
I'd say the only ones that desperately need one are ZSS, Marth, and Krystal. Everyone else is either okay or could use a few tweaks
Have you seen DK? Have you seen like a fourth of the roster? It's a bit more then a few tweaks.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 3:19 pm

Marth and ZSS especially though.

Up next are Krystal and Samus.

Ristar could use some tweaking

Finally, Waluigi and Wario both need a fresh coat of paint (especially Wario, his palette is a bit gross and his idle stance is just... weird).

Everyone else I couldn't care less about, but Marth and ZSS... God, guys. Please, them first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who needs resprites the most?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Crusade Community ::  :: Character Discussion-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com