View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Kirb-Star
Level 3 CPU
Kirb-Star

N/A

Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 4:38 pm

Fox, Falco and Krystal.
They look too chibified
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 4:41 pm

Krystal looks mostly fine (The brownish fur on her face needs to be more white, her main fur color needs to be a bit more blue then teal, and she could use some more defined outlining) but I do agree that Fox and Falco could use a decently sized edit
Back to top Go down
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 6:18 pm

She needs a little more color contrast. Right now she's just a blob of dark blue. Her various guns need some work too.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 7:47 pm

Krystal looks like trash

I'm sorry but it's true it looks nothing like her
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 7:53 pm

That (in my opinion) is due to 2 main points: Her colors are off (She seems to be Teal and light-brown in Crusade, not Blue and White) and she doesn't have any sort of definable characteristics; due to how the sprite was set up, it all just blends together.

If I may make a suggestion, when she gets re-sprited, could you base it off of her Smashified appearance? It would make it much easier to tell it is her, but at the same time not make her stand out by an extreme amount in comparison to the other Starfox characters (in appearance)

Her Smashified Artwork:
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 9:21 pm

wheeled_tank wrote:
That (in my opinion) is due to 2 main points: Her colors are off (She seems to be Teal and light-brown in Crusade, not Blue and White) and she doesn't have any sort of definable characteristics; due to how the sprite was set up, it all just blends together.

If I may make a suggestion, when she gets re-sprited, could you base it off of her Smashified appearance? It would make it much easier to tell it is her, but at the same time not make her stand out by an extreme amount in comparison to the other Starfox characters (in appearance)

Her Smashified Artwork:
Why would the sprite be based off of fanart?? It's easy to tell who Krystal is because she's the only blue wolf thing on the roster.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 10:03 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
It's easy to tell who Krystal is because she's the only blue wolf thing on the roster.
except for Lucario kek

I do agree that Krystal is need of a resprite. Her sprite is fine, but it is extremely unfitting and was clearly made in a style that "redesigns" the characters. It's different from Fox and Falco, even though they're still low quality and unfitting, they still highly resemble who they are. Krystal doesn't really look like Krystal.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 10:06 pm

Dae think zss needs a resprite?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 4:37 am

Dustination wrote:
Dae think zss needs a resprite?!?!?!
Not before Marth, Fox, and Falco Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 Gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok
Back to top Go down
Kirb-Star
Level 3 CPU
Kirb-Star

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 7:19 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
wheeled_tank wrote:

Her Smashified Artwork:
Why would the sprite be based off of fanart?? It's easy to tell who Krystal is because she's the only blue wolf thing on the roster.
Uh, do you realize her Smashified design is based off her design in Star Fox Command, right?
Spoiler:
Which would make sense, given how Fox's and Falco's design is also based off their designs in Star Fox Command:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 8:26 pm

That is why I suggested the Smashified style. It go with the design of the other Starfox characters (Command-based, but with nods to the other games in the series), not to mention that the current sprite is, from what I can tell, not really based on any of her appearances in any game, making it as much of "fan art" as the Smashified style. As long as her resprite doesn't get based off of her Adventure appearance, I'll be fine.

I think Wolf was the only Starfox character to not be based off of his Command appearance; he is almost entirely based off of his Assault style.
Back to top Go down
Broke The Screeen
Level 3 CPU
Broke The Screeen

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 1:51 am

ZSS, Male Lucina, Fox, Falco & Crystal are need a reaprite the most tbh.
Back to top Go down
GONZAfeco
Level 1 CPU
GONZAfeco

64-MarioyLuigi

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 2:18 pm

I totally agree with this, unless that Z.S.S doesn't look that bad, since she's a human, but I think Wario really needs a resprite, don't you all think? Is just Wario from WL4,they could resprite him like Mario and Luigi or maybe just change his palette  color coloring his shoes and the W, and maybe some parts that are weird looking in alts.
Olimar isn't also that bad, but yes, he actually needs a resprite(but I'm actually ok with it lol! )
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 4:28 pm

Broke The Screeen wrote:
Male Lucina
This triggers the Alex
Back to top Go down
Lv. 1 CPU
Level 1 CPU
Lv. 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 10, 2016 4:27 am

Yoshi. No doubt.
Back to top Go down
ChristianSmash64
Level 3 CPU
ChristianSmash64

ChristianSmash

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 5:37 pm

Samus
Zero-Suit Samus
Fox
Falco
Krystal
Yoshi
Snake
Marth and Mach Rider
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 1:25 pm

Mach Rider isn't too bad (a little stiff and a few awkward animations), though the rest I agree (Samus is WAY too stiff)

I also think that Peach could use a little bit of tweaking. She stands out too much compared to the other Mario characters. Unlike others though (Krystal), I think Peach's sprite is fine; just needs a minor edit.
Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 9:23 pm

GONZAfeco wrote:
Z.S.S doesn't look that bad, since she's a human

Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 Shamoos_zpsegrpr1kn

You are kidding me right?
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 9:45 pm

Xalciss wrote:
GONZAfeco wrote:
Z.S.S doesn't look that bad, since she's a human

Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 Shamoos_zpsegrpr1kn

You are kidding me right?

This is obviously the best version of ZSS Smash 4 has nothing on this
Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm

just returning to let everyone know I have just realized that Gooey looks kinda bad...
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 8:16 pm

Xalciss wrote:
just returning to let everyone know I have just realized that Gooey looks kinda bad...

In what ways? My only complaint is his strange victory animation.
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 10:00 am

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Xalciss wrote:

In what ways? My only complaint is his strange victory animation.
I believe his winning animation is a reference to getting a question right in a Minigame in Dreamland 3
Where the little laughing part comes from I don't know, but I personally like it.

Also, Gooey don't look odd at all to me.
I like 'im. He fits in. tongue
Back to top Go down
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 11:38 am

He doesn't look that bad, but he's pretty high up on the list if we're going to be matching pika-new's quality one by one.

It would take considerably less to resprite him too, compared to other characters.
Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 10:23 pm

yeah I should have quantified. I meant how well he matches with the rest of the cast, I recently saw some dreamland gameplay and noticed that Gooey's model sheet looks to be simply pasted into Crusade with some heavy edits. (correct if wrong)

ever since then it stood out to me lol
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 10:58 pm

Gooey's entire sprite sheet is literally right here
http://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/23995/
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 5:30 am

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Gooey's entire sprite sheet is literally right here
http://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/23995/
As is Mario's, except he's on DeviantART.

I would be saying "As is Luigi's" too, but his isn't.
Which makes me really sad because I love the sprite style of the Mario Bros. and would love to animate with them, but Luigi is kinda missing.
He does have enough sprites for a Super Mario World/platformer moveset thingie, whilst Mario has both Smash and SMW
So that's neat ;D
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 11:52 am

Speaking of Gooey, in some of the 9.1 streams you can clearly see he got a re-sprite! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 18, 2017 4:42 am

King Proto wrote:
Speaking of Gooey, in some of the 9.1 streams you can clearly see he got a re-sprite! Very Happy
More like they added a black outline to him, like Kirby and MK have.
Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 10:19 pm

I saw, he looks cleaned up and a bit faster
Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 10:20 pm

still waiting for Zss, marth starfox trio and toad resprites
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who needs resprites the most?   Who needs resprites the most? - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who needs resprites the most?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Crusade Community ::  :: Character Discussion-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com