HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rash (Battletoads) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hellzy
Level 2 CPU
Hellzy

Rash (Battletoads) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Rash (Battletoads) Discussion   Rash (Battletoads) Discussion EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 3:40 am

To celebrate the release of Shovel Knight for the Xbox One, I'd like to discuss about one of the three Battletoads, Rash.

Battletoads is one of the hardest game on the Nintendo Entertainment System and ever. But still, it's still fun to play until this day. It was released in 1990, right before SNES was the main console. With its wacky animations, unique gameplay with many varieties like Beat 'Em Up, Going down a hole with a rope, Vehicles... it made this game a very fun game but yet difficult.

Rash is the greenest toad in the trio. He isn't just any common toads, he's a Battletoad. His muscular body and the shades made him cool. His fists can enlarge and send you away 500 miles in one second. Alongside with Zitz and Pimple, the Battletoads fight the evil Dark Queen and save the world. Rash is a guy you don't wanna meet in an alleyway.

"I'm the crazy one and I'm super cool, my smash hits will leave 'em cold." - Rash (Battletoads and Double Dragon: The Ultimate Team)

Appearances:
-Battletoads (1990)
-Battletoads in Battlemaniacs (1993)
-Battletoads and Double Dragon: The Ultimate Team (1993)
-Shovel Knight Xbox One (2015, boss)

Moveset:
Since Rash is somehow lack of some moves, I'll made up some moves for him.

Normal Attacks:

Jab: Left punch, right punch, left punch (each deals 3%, total of 9%)

Side Tilt: Combines 2 arms into a hammer arm and swings horizontally (10%, medium knockback, leaves open)

Up tilt: Does an enlarged uppercut (9-12%)

Down tilt: Slams the hammer arm vertically (start time: medium, damage: 10-14%, end lag: fast, more knockback than other tilt attacks)

Dash Attack: Rams enlarged horns grown from Rash's head (9-11%, start time: fast, end lag: medium)

Side Smash: Quickly throws an enlarged punch (17-22%, medium end lag)

Up Smash: Rash does a headbutt like Mario with the horns (18-23%, fast end lag)

Down Smash: He does a T-Punch (each arm punches one side, left arm punches left, right arm punches right, 16-21%, start speed: medium, end lag: medium)

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Air: Left punch, then right punch (each deals 6%, starts very fast, ends fast too, also, end lag between punches: fast, low knockback)

Forward Air: Rash does a foot slam into his enemy like in level 2 of the first game (14-16%, start time: medium, end lag: fast, medium-high knockback)

Back Air: He uses his elbow to attack backwards (12-15%, start: fast, end: medium knockback)

Up Air: Backflips (10-14%, start: fast, end: fast, low knockback)

Down Air: He uses the Hammer Arm to smack down the enemy, it can be used for spikes/meteor smashes (16-19%, start: slow, end: medium, high knockback)

Throws:

Pummel: Rash punches the enemy's guts (each does 2%)

Forward throw: He punches the enemy and he/she got blast away (10%)

Backward throw: He rolls back and throws his enemy (12%)

Up throw: Simple, he throws his enemy upwards (8%)

Down throw: He slams the enemy downwards (13%)

Special Attacks:

Neutral Special: Pick Up: Rash picks up an enemy and press B again to throw horizontally, throw range = about 5 Marios. The more damage the enemy has, the more range the move does (20% = extends 1 Mario... till 200%... means maximum range is 15 Marios) (Deals 10% if hit another enemy, medium knockback)

Side Special: Charge Punch: Hold the button to make the attack stronger and reaches further. There are 3 stages of the charge: first, Rash's fist only shake, stage 2, his fist started to heat up, stage 3, his fist is now covered in flames (5-20%, medium-high knockback, does not go over the ledge)

Down Special: Counter: Rash does a counter stance, when got hit, he counters with an enlarged uppercut (Damage varies by time: too soon: 13%, correct timing: 15%, too late: 11%, knockback depends on the attack of the enemy)

Up Special: Hover Bike: Remember the hover bike from the Turbo Tunnel level? Well, this time, Rash uses it to jump over the ledge from below, helps his recovery, after the bike jumped the ramp and about to fall, Rash drops the bike and jump off to recovery (8% for the hover bike jump, plus 10% for the dropped bike, the bike jump does no knockback while the dropped bike does very high knockback on the sweet spot.)

Final Smash: I have 2 choices:

-Battletoads Beatdown: Rash does left punch, right punch, left, right, left, right (each does 2%), then he uses the hammer arm to smack down the enemy, leave them trapped (8%), after that, he kicks 3 times (each does 4%), finally, he does an enlarged, spiked foot kick (8%) and the enemy got blasted off (total of 40% damage)

-Wrecking Ball: The camera zooms close up to Rash, while he's throwing a rope up and grab the rope then turn into a wrecking ball and smashes all the enemies in range (50%, single hit, instant kills his enemies, may kills himself aswell)

Misc:

Taunt: Rash flexes his arm, showing off his muscles

Victory Pose: Rash flexes 2 arms instead of one

Victory Fanfare: It would be nice if someone can remake the victory music from the original Battletoads game and put it as the Victory Fanfare

Well, you may ask: "Where's Zitz and Pimple?" Well, about that, they have the same moves as Rash, so, I think they should be a pallete swap of Rash.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Rash (Battletoads) Discussion   Rash (Battletoads) Discussion EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 5:24 am

Nice, Battletoads! A classic that will always remain one of my favourite 16-bit games. You got my support! Just a suggestion, though. Maybe we can swap the counter Down B with something else since we already have so many characters with counter moves. I was thinking of implementing the Walker staff (those robot legs you use as a staff in the games) in the Down B.

Basically, pressing Down B will make Rash pull out the walker leg and swing it upwards, lifting any nearby opponent into the air. Pressing B after an opponent is flipped will make Rash swing the leg forward whacking the enemy away with great knock back. This has to be timed correctly or Rash will swing miss (think of Waluigi's tennis serve nspecial).

I'll probably come back with more suggestions.
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Rash (Battletoads) Discussion   Rash (Battletoads) Discussion EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 7:31 am

Yes full support  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
Hellzy
Level 2 CPU
Hellzy

PostSubject: Re: Rash (Battletoads) Discussion   Rash (Battletoads) Discussion EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 8:09 am

TaXMaN wrote:
Nice, Battletoads! A classic that will always remain one of my favourite 16-bit games. You got my support! Just a suggestion, though. Maybe we can swap the counter Down B with something else since we already have so many characters with counter moves. I was thinking of implementing the Walker staff (those robot legs you use as a staff in the games) in the Down B.

Basically, pressing Down B will make Rash pull out the walker leg and swing it upwards, lifting any nearby opponent into the air. Pressing B after an opponent is flipped will make Rash swing the leg forward whacking the enemy away with great knock back. This has to be timed correctly or Rash will swing miss (think of Waluigi's tennis serve nspecial).

I'll probably come back with more suggestions.
Hmm, that makes sense, I was thinking about the walking leg
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Rash (Battletoads) Discussion   Rash (Battletoads) Discussion EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 11:03 am

Yep. I support this. Being a supporter of Earthworm Jim, I feel like not giving these guys a go would be sacrilege.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Rash (Battletoads) Discussion   Rash (Battletoads) Discussion EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 1:13 pm

Support. Very much yes
Back to top Go down
Mikael_Fernandes
Level 3 CPU
Mikael_Fernandes

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Rash (Battletoads) Discussion   Rash (Battletoads) Discussion EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 3:05 pm

TOTALLY SUPPORTING RASH!
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Rash (Battletoads) Discussion   Rash (Battletoads) Discussion EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 3:15 pm

Support. He's a guest in KI now too. Be a great time for his Crusade apperance
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Rash (Battletoads) Discussion   Rash (Battletoads) Discussion EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 3:33 pm

If OP is still around, they should rework the moveset to fit his KI moveset, even tho I don't care for KI.

I'm not sure if I support. I would like to see more iconic 3rd parties get in before Rash, but after all those, why not?

...So, count me in as a supporter. Maybe just so I can KO someone and ask them if they have Battletoads.
Back to top Go down
Baconshark
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Rash (Battletoads) Discussion   Rash (Battletoads) Discussion EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 2:03 pm

I support this idea because it's compatible.
Back to top Go down
Geno Boost
Level 3 CPU
Geno Boost

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Rash (Battletoads) Discussion   Rash (Battletoads) Discussion EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 9:02 pm

i support Rash is awesome idea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rash (Battletoads) Discussion   Rash (Battletoads) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Rash (Battletoads) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1