View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 5:27 pm

The moveset has been revamped. A few puyo related attacks are still here, but it's now Arle's magic for the most part. Most of her spells are represented. The ones that aren't are Brain-Dumbed and Diacute, mostly because I couldn't find any information about them.

I also but Carbuncle next to Arle because it looks nice and put up a video to let you guys see what they look like exactly.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 5:26 pm

Was that down-special there before? Because I'm loving the sound of it...you basically took the whole concept of taking garbage puyo damage and put it into Smash. The whole moveset's creative and well-thought out, but that move takes the cake...very well done~
A question though...would the side special have limited range since it's supposed to be extremely powerful, or just a ridiculous startup time? Carbuncle's laser beam has pretty extreme range in canon, so it's hard to visualize something like that being fair unless it's really horribly slow or something, lol.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 7:51 pm

Chaotic Chao wrote:
Was that down-special there before? Because I'm loving the sound of it...you basically took the whole concept of taking garbage puyo damage and put it into Smash. The whole moveset's creative and well-thought out, but that move takes the cake...very well done~
A question though...would the side special have limited range since it's supposed to be extremely powerful, or just a ridiculous startup time? Carbuncle's laser beam has pretty extreme range in canon, so it's hard to visualize something like that being fair unless it's really horribly slow or something, lol.

The down special was originally the down smash, but I didn't add the gimmick until recently. I've had the idea for a while now, so it was nice to finally put it in. Also thank you!

The move is like Ganondorf's warlock punch, with a slightly bigger hitbox (A little wider). The attack could potentially be too powerful, if this is the case, it can be replaced with Brain-Dumbed, which is an attack that would daze opponent (Like Mewtwo's down special)
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 8:36 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
Because Smash Bros is all about classic, and Arle from older Puyo Puyo is more classic than...ugh...Puyo Pop...
I mean, classic is the only reason why Pit has got only two frames for his hammer animation and why MegaMan has got no voice acting and...well and the reason for many more things in the Smash games.

In memory of TrinitroMan, I'm going to point out how this reasoning is flawed. But I'm not going to tell anyone how or why.

I want you think about. Really do.

I'll give you a minute

Give up?

It's because the things he listed were trivial and could be easily countered. Sure, Pit might have two frames for using a hammer, but why does he have a redesign. Also Mega Man doesn't talk, but he even has a redesign (albeit a touched up version of what his NES self looks like)

I've thought about this for a while, and I did think about making a response way earlier, but I thought it'd be out of nowhere. But now that Trinitro has been killed (by a troll if you think about it) I can lay that down without Trinitro spouting nonsense.

R.I.P. TrinitroMan
You might've expressed your opinions a little too strongly...
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 8:46 pm

Sakurai himself said that Pit's Brawl design was his vision of "What if the game got a new release 25 years later" (Sounds familiar...). I wouldn't say that Smash Bros is about "Classic," but it definitely makes call-backs to the character's origins (Megaman's stiff movement and Pits 2-frame Hammer, for example). However, even that point can be countered by just stating that it is mimicking the way the character handles in their home games (which is the most likely reason).

As for TrinitroMan, Weegeechat ded
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 10:32 pm

I support this.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 11:28 pm

Alexander wrote:
I support this.

Thank you

I was hoping for at least one more support when I revamped the moveset
And now I finally got that one
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 6:19 pm

Support
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 6:46 pm

Added
Back to top Go down
crazybark
Level 4 CPU
crazybark

Klonoa
  crazybark

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 7:34 pm

support, sounds cool
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 8:17 pm

Added
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion   Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3