Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 8:48 am

I like the changes, I support!
Back to top Go down
Dry

Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:15 pm

This is all intended as constructive criticism, so don't take it the wrong way.

There's... not a whole lot you changed to the moveset. You cloned Ike's side B, then adjusted the final smash a little (which, admittedly, is nice... I'm not sure if you intended to give a shout out to Forblaze, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt).

When I said Roy needed to be different from Marth, I didn't mean just specials. His entire feel, holding a Rapier, is inevitably the same as Marth's. They have the same animations, the same posture, even the same in-game stats. This wouldn't be reflected in the specials, but rather in the standard attacks.

So it's a no; I still feel giving him his greatsword is the only way to make him preferable to most other FE candidates.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:43 pm

I'm sorry, but giving him a greatsword for anything outside his Final Smash wont go into my book, because while I do want him to be not a Marth clone, I still want him to have his usual gameplay feel, which is that of a rapier-wielding lord. It's just what makes Roy, and I want to be true to at least that (and to him having Counter as his Down B).
And besides, it's not a complete carbon copy of Ike's Side B.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 12:05 am

No, no, I agree with the Rapier fitting Roy better as a character. That's the PROBLEM. Of all the possible FE reps, Roy is the only one who, for most of his game, is practically identical to Marth. If you wanted a moveset to rep Roy as you see him for most of FE6, then yes, this is the moveset to go with; but then there'd be little reason to have him over any other FE character. Now there could be a case to be made if you designed a moveset around his endgame, promoted form, but otherwise there are much more interesting reps out there.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: IT'S HAPPENING!!!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 4:28 am

Sup, pals. Guess what happened:

Now I have even more confidence in this thread.
Come on, let it happen already! #Roy4Crusade
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 4:36 am

TrinitroMan wrote:

If Roy's just going to be another Marth in Crusade, then I vote no.
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 6:04 am

TrinitroMan wrote:

I'm still waiting for Artsy Omni's "Making the leak" video here Kappa

This doesn't improve Roy's chances of being in Crusade. He's DLC, aka optional. He's only there for the Melee fanboys who won't shut up about Lucina being a clone and Roy being an original character.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 7:55 am

Not true.
If Roy was made just for the Melee fanboys, then he wouldn't have used his Awekening custome. Kappa
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 8:46 am

Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 KLi7iRS
Just a friendly reminder to support your local Pharae lord.
Actually, it would be nice to add some inspirations from his Smash 4 self as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 10:06 am

hey guys roy is back in ssb4
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 10:03 am

...seriously?
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 10:08 am

With Roy's return to Smash 4, I finally updated the first post, stripping away almost everything he had from Melee and replacing it with the more superior Smash 4 versions.
Seriously, Smash 4 Roy may have fire versions of Marth's specials (and Flare Blade) in Smash 4, but he still feels more or less like a fresh character and definitely NOT like the clone that he was in Melee.
Also, regarding the weapon he uses: It was pretty much confirmed by Nintendo now that his rapier-like sword is actually the titular Sword of Seals (and to be honest, Sword of Seals never really looked that much like it is exclusively two-handed).
So yeah, this is the final FINAL rendition of Roy's moveset.
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 12:32 pm

Like with Smash 4, I think we need to get Ike, Robin and Lucina in the game before Roy Kappa
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 1:23 pm

Well, Lucina should be easy to do, since she is just a Marth headswap and voiceswap anyway. Kappa
However, what is more criminal is the fact that Ike isn't playable in Crusade and hasn't been even suggested. If nobody will make a thread about him this week, then I'm forced to do one.
Because someone HAS to fight for his friends, ya'know.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 2:15 am

Quote :
Sword of Seals never really looked that much like it is exclusively two-handed
Call me a puritan, but in FE6 it was about as big as Roy himself. In any case, if it's going to be a Rapier-like weapon, I can't support Roy. From the Elibe games, Lyn or Hector would be far more interesting reps. I might change my mind if someone can give me a list of good reasons why Roy should come before other FE reps, other than that he's a vet.

It's not exactly a necessity for every character to have their own thread, but if you want to go for Ike, sure. If it's not satisfactory, I'm gonna come down on it like a ton of bricks Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 8:46 am

I support Roy
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 9:45 am

Thanks, now let me count the amount of supports:
*Playtimebro
*VultureDuck

Also, Mellon never said if the changed moveset is good enough for him to support, but if he will support, then this thread finally managed to hit the 3 supports mark needed for the Character Statistics thread. Let it happen!
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 12:02 pm

I'll support Roy, I enjoy playing as him in Smash 4. Yey
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 12:42 pm

YES! YES!
Thank you very much!
Now I can finally post the good news at the Character Statistics thread.
And now, here are the supports:
*VultureDuck
*Playtimebro
*OmegaSteve77
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 1:25 pm

I think you care a bit too much about the character statistics thread
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 1:55 pm

Just a bit.
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 4:21 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Well, Lucina should be easy to do, since she is just a Marth headswap and voiceswap anyway. Kappa
However, what is more criminal is the fact that Ike isn't playable in Crusade and hasn't been even suggested. If nobody will make a thread about him this week, then I'm forced to do one.
Because someone HAS to fight for his friends, ya'know.
Where is the like button on this damn forum Kappa
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 10:26 am

And I finally added a support list to my favorite Fire Emblem lord.
However, our beloved Young Lion of Pharae is still in need of more supports.
So please do that, because Roy Eliwood joining Crusade is my #1 goal.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 10:42 am

I think it goes without saying that I support Roy.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 10:47 am

Yes, it finally happened! Roy supports Roy!
Thanks for the big confidence boost!
Back to top Go down
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 11:02 am

S-U-P-P-O-R-T, but some of the moves need to be different, his neutral air could be spin around with his sword, and up air could be a slash hit that covers a good distance and could meteor smash if sweetspot.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 11:24 am

Thanks.
Updated movelist and supporter list.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 12:12 pm

Why do you keep giving him a last name
Wouldn't Eliwood make his father's name Eliwood Eliwood?
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 12:15 pm

Maybe his name is Roy Eliwoodson.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 12:16 pm

No, because his father only gets refered to his last name, kinda like in the same vein like Sir Eliwood.
However, him being called Eliwood Eliwood would be indeed a nice nod to the Mario Brothers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!   Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Roy (Fire Emblem) Discussion - For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next