View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!!   Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 1:31 am

CJ wrote:
what you think of a "wind" mechanic?, It could help to make Boggy B it even more unique?

It sounds pretty cool but how would it work in a Smash setting?
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!!   Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 10:22 am

I'm not sure, maybe we could add a wind bar to the Boggy B HUD?, and the wind direction change from time to time
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!!   Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 10:46 am

After looking at the moveset again, I'm not so sure about the wind mechanic. The u-tilt bow and bazooka are the only weapons that would be affected by wind, at least if we want to keep things canon.

As a side note, I kinda feel that the current Down B is a bit much. I think we should try limiting the amount of helpers to 4 max. If I were to choose 4 helpers I would say:
1. Sheep (moderate damage + detonator)
2. Skunk (poison)
3. Mad Cow (high damage)
4. Old Woman (highest damage + steady timing)

I had a hard time choosing between Old Woman and Inflatable Scouser (IS). The IS is more unique and gives potential to follow-ups but Old Woman is more iconic.
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!!   Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 11:46 am

I guess you're right
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!!   Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 2:56 pm

Support, why not? I usually back up my supports, but I just like the idea of playing as a worm. He's pretty iconic too I suppose.
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!!   Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 3:56 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Support, why not? I usually back up my supports, but I just like the idea of playing as a worm. He's pretty iconic too I suppose.
Thanks, I hope to get more support
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!!   Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 5:52 pm

heck I'll support
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!!   Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 8:24 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
heck I'll support
Great, Thanks Steve
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!!   Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 12:38 pm

I'd like to supply some reasons why Boggy B would be a worthy candidate in Crusade.

-The Worms franchise has been around for more than 20 years and is still going.
-The Worms franchise also had at least one game on every Nintendo console from the SNES to the Wii. They even had games on the handheld systems from the Game Boy to the DS.
-Boggy B would represent Artillery games, a genre that's not yet represented in Crusade or any Smash game for that matter.

If you like, you can add that to the OP, CJ.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!!   Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 1:22 pm

Can we also add when ever Boggy uses a Ryu move he gains his headband? 'Cause doesn't that happen in the games?
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!!   Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 1:30 pm

Braystar wrote:
Can we also add when ever Boggy uses a Ryu move he gains his headband? 'Cause doesn't that happen in the games?

Yep. That would be his Fire Punch and his Dragon Ball move.
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!!   Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 3:25 pm

TaXMaN wrote:
I'd like to supply some reasons why Boggy B would be a worthy candidate in Crusade.

-The Worms franchise has been around for more than 20 years and is still going.
-The Worms franchise also had at least one game on every Nintendo console from the SNES to the Wii. They even had games on the handheld systems from the Game Boy to the DS.
-Boggy B would represent Artillery games, a genre that's not yet represented in Crusade or any Smash game for that matter.

If you like, you can add that to the OP, CJ.
Added, Thanks TaXMaN
Back to top Go down
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!!   Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 8:16 pm

Hey, i've never played a Worms game, but this guy's moveset looks real interesting. I support!
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!!   Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Sean_McMuffin wrote:
Hey, i've never played a Worms game, but this guy's moveset looks real interesting. I support!
Great, Thanks

Edit:
I Updated the moveset
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!!   Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 8:02 pm

Updated some things
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!!   Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 5:22 am

I used to love worms and the moveset is great so I support!
Back to top Go down
Agent___5
Level 4 CPU
Agent___5

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!!   Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 1:12 pm

In terms of the Up special, maybe you could have a aerial variant that changes it into the jetpack since it would be a little difficult to aim a airstrike while falling.

Mellon wrote:
His new down special could be the sentry gun, black hole or bubble trouble.

Bubble Trouble could be used for Boggy's shield

And before I forget,I support Boggy's inclusion
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!!   Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 2:09 pm

Hit1 wrote:
In terms of the Up special, maybe you could have a aerial variant that changes it into the jetpack since it would be a little difficult to aim a airstrike while falling.

The jetpack could be something unnecessary considering he has multiple jumps, But I will not deny that the Jetpack is quite iconic
I think it could work if we limited the jumps to three or four

Edit:Updated support list
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!!   Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 12:33 pm

Lmao. as hilarious as this is, i can only support how well thought out this is. Remove the wind mechanic thing to keep things consistent and we have an actual classic-projectile character user, such as very little to no mobility and an overwhelming projectile game plan. I would just like to consider stuff that wouldnt make characters like Fox holding Down B automatically win the waiting game.
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!!   Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 5:42 pm

Moveset updated!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!!   Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 5:07 am

I support this. Having a worms character is a neat idea!
For some weird reason, I think of a battle between Boggy B and Earthworm Jim. That'd be pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!!   Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 9:24 pm

Support list updated!
Back to top Go down
Walt Phillarson
Level 2 CPU
Walt Phillarson

Klonoa

PostSubject: Re: Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!!   Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 9:41 pm

I was just waiting to see this somewhere. Absolute support from me! Very Happy

Now, for some ideas of mine:
-I do think the wind mechanic is quite unnecessary. I mean, sure, it appears in the Worms games, but it doesn't need to be adapted to Smash.
-As of moveset, I'd make his Down Aerial the Pneumatic Drill and the Down Tilt could be the Blow Torch. Both attacks having a similar function of doing damage as long as the button is held down. And for the Dash attack, the Kamikaze attack could work just fine, it fits perfectly. (of course, Boggy B wouldn't die after using this)
-As a unique twist, for his alternate colors he could instead use many of the hats from many of the Worms games. As examples:
--Green military helmet
--Red headband
--White/Blue viking helmet (from whenever you use the Battle Axe in the Worms games)
--Yellow construction helmet (from whenever you use the Pneumatic Drill in the Worms games)
--Black pirate hat along with an eyepatch (somewhere in Worms 4 Mayhem)
-In terms of voice, his voice from Worms Blast could be used.
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!!   Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2019 8:31 pm

The problem with hats is that would take a lot of work, If there was a way that doesn't require so much work, it would be a great way to represent the characteristic personalization of the saga
Also i added your ideas and updated the support list!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!!   Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Boggy B (Worms) Discussion: Incoming!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2