Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Azure_Raven
Level 4 CPU

Mr. Game & Watch

Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 1:44 pm

Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion Latest?cb=20080916210331&path-prefix=en

Background
Name: Lip/Furil
Occupation/Title: Fairy of Flowers
First Appearance: "Panel De Pon"

Lip is the main character of the Japanese-only "Panel De Pon", a puzzle game developed by Nintendo. In the game, she finds herself thrown into a quest to free the other fairies from the evil Sanatos's spell in a series of puzzle competitions. Upon defeating Sanatos, it turned out that Lip's quest was a test all along, to determine whether she would be suited to be the next Queen of Fairies.

This character has had a very interesting role/cameo in the Smash Bros. series itself. In Melee, Lip's weapon, the "Lip's Stick", was introduced as an item, and one of Kirby's "Stone" transformations is a Garbage Block from Panel de Pon. In Brawl, there's even a sticker of her, though it is depicted as "Furil" instead of "Lip". Many people want her to be in the Super Smash Bros. series because she's a Japan-only character, like Takamaru. However, unlike Takamaru, she has not be introduced to any foreign markets, which may be due to her "girly" design. Apparently, Nintendo thought the same way, as Panel de Pon was reworked/reskinned into the game known as "Tetris Attack".

Game Appearances
Panel de Pon (Super Famicom, 1995): Debut
Captain Rainbow (Wii, 2008): Cameo/Supporting Character
Smash Bros. series: Referenced
Nintendo Puzzle Collection (Nintendo Gamecube, 2003)
Puzzle League series

Reasons to be in Crusade
-ACTUALLY represents the Puzzle Genre of Nintendo, which is something Yoshi and Dr. Mario are capable of, but have not done it.
-Is mentioned numerous times in the Smash Bros. series (Lip's Stick and its trophies, Garbage Block transformation, and a sticker in Brawl)
-A Japanese-only character
-Game is fairly popular in Japan
-If I recall correctly, there was a debate about her against Prinny for a spot in CrusaDLC.

Gameplay
How would Lip play in Crusade?
For starters, she would an exceptionally quick and maneuverable character, reflecting the sharp movement and precision needed to be successful in Panel de Pon. However, her attacks would revolve around dealing damage rather than KOing opponents left and right. In addition, Lip wouldn't excel at either offense or defense, due to her light weight and low kill power. That's where her weapon comes in: The Lip's Stick. Just like in the Smash Bros. series, if one of Lip's attacks which used her baton struck with an opponent, a flower would bloom on their head, dealing gradually damage over time. That, along with her excellent movement, would make up for her lack of power. In a nutshell, Lip focuses more on dealing damage and dodging attacks rather than a frontal assault.

Since she represents the puzzle genre, which focuses on matching blocks and combos, Lip herself would be a comboful character. Many of her attacks can follow up with each other to deal out damage, and Lip could use her specials to finish them. In addition, her specials could revolve around a matching gimmick, which I have described in the moveset below.

Movelist
Lip's Moveset:

Support List
Axel
Moats
Slissith
Smash King?
AEM
Nights Owl
Smashfan247
Triitroman
Braystar
MarioStrikerMurphey1994

Last edited by Pakeli on Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:46 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 3:42 pm

I support Lip for Crusade.
Back to top Go down
Moats
Level 4 CPU
Moats

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 2:14 pm

Support
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 3:10 pm

Support!
Back to top Go down
Azure_Raven
Level 4 CPU

Mr. Game & Watch

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 4:11 pm

Does anyone have any ideas that I could incorporate into her moveset? (this includes idles, taunts, specials, standard attacks, etc)

Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:38 pm

I remember I heard an idea where she can create miniature platforms with her playstyle.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 12:20 am

Blargh, I was going to make this after Dillon but I've been too busy to even finish Dillon.

I helped create a completely detailed moveset for Lip on Smashboards with a lot of other users, here's what we came up with:

Spoiler:

With that said, I'm in complete support of having this happen. She's a great character choice, does well in representing Nintendo's puzzle franchises, and her franchise has always been a part of Smash since Melee.
I also have the same birth date as Lip and Panel de Pon in general, but that has no bearing in adding her to Crusade.
Back to top Go down
Azure_Raven
Level 4 CPU

Mr. Game & Watch

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 1:32 pm

@Smash King
That is somewhat incorporated into Lip's Specials, more specifically, her neutral and down specials. Panel Toss creates a block that can be (possibly) picked up and thrown, while Garbage Block creates a small platform that Lip can use for slight elevation.

@AEM
That is a very thought-out moveset, compared to mine. The only complaint I have about it is her Side Special, which seemed odd to me at first, but it is supposed to be a representation of the cursor's ability to switch blocks?
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 1:19 am

Yes, it's based on that. Somebody created some visuals to help show the concept.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Azure_Raven
Level 4 CPU

Mr. Game & Watch

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 3:25 pm

@AEM
If it is alright with you, may I create a moveset that incorporates both your and my movesets together?
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 12:56 am

The moveset is a compilation of ideas from like ten different people, so no I don't mind.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 1:09 pm

AEM wrote:
Yes, it's based on that. Somebody created some visuals to help show the concept.
Spoiler:

I got a question concerning the 3rd image here. Why would the player want to switch the locations of 2 items next to each other?

Maybe a better idea would be this. If you hold down B while moving the control stick, you can move the cursor to go much farther than just inches away from Lip. I think this will create more stage-control strategy for her.
Back to top Go down
Azure_Raven
Level 4 CPU

Mr. Game & Watch

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 3:50 pm

I think the 3rd image could represent a reflecting aspect of that move. Think of it as a combination of the first and third image: if an object or projectile gets caught within the radius of the cursor, Lip flips it around, similarly to Mario's Cape. It could also work in a similar manner as how you described it, with Lip being able to move the cursor around her very quickly.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 4:24 pm

Now, I would like to know. What kind of strategy can you create with this cursor gimmick? I am soo curious.
Back to top Go down
Azure_Raven
Level 4 CPU

Mr. Game & Watch

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 3:27 pm

With the cursor gimmick, Lip can reflect projectiles and items, as well as possibly flipping opponents, similar to Mario's Cape. However, Lip can immediately move after casting a cursor, so she can attack the opponent while they're either being flipped around or being distracted by some flying object. The trapping part could also be a mechanic in the side special, where if the opponent is caught by the cursor, they're temporarily suspended, allowing Lip to attack/perform a combo.

As the moving the cursor in any direction, I mean Lip can put the cursor above, under, in front, or behind her and, thus, can act as a temporary shield. Lip is a relatively quick character that relies on moves that can get her close to her opponent or keep them at a distance, so this move seems to work for her.
Back to top Go down
Nights Owl
Level 4 CPU
Nights Owl

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 3:41 am

Man, where was all this support when I wanted Lip included? @_@
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 7:13 pm

Many people weren't here then!!
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 9:51 pm

Back then, I believe there wasn't that much support for her cause the roster has soo much restriction compared to now that the roster is open for changes.
Back to top Go down
Azure_Raven
Level 4 CPU

Mr. Game & Watch

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 12:41 pm

@Night Owl and AEM:
I only know a little bit about it, but could you tell me the history behind Lip's position in Crusade? I was one of the people that voted to keep Lip as CrusaDLC when it was still around, so I got curious about what happened.

Also, @Night Owl
Do you have any ideas that I could incorporate into Lip's moveset?
Back to top Go down
Nights Owl
Level 4 CPU
Nights Owl

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 9:28 am

Well, I like the idea of Lip's Stick not being an Item this time around but it still having the effect of the item. However, It makes me wonder if she should be a combo based character. Having Lips Stick as an integral part of her A Moves with a lack of kill power makes me think that her attacks should deal very little damage, and most of your damage that you *do* deal should be from hitting with Lip's Stick, making the flower on their head bigger, racking up more damage. So quick combos would be the way you get them to their Kill %'s.

It's just a thought.

Back to top Go down
Azure_Raven
Level 4 CPU

Mr. Game & Watch

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 3:31 pm

@Night Owl
That's actually part of her gameplay. Most of Lip's attacks uses her Lip's Stick in them, and add that she can combo very quickly means she can keep the flower growing as much possible, racking up more damage. I guess I didn't explain that enough.
Back to top Go down
bubsyplz
Level 3 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 2:39 am

Lip vs. Yoshi vs. Pikachu!
Back to top Go down
Azure_Raven
Level 4 CPU

Mr. Game & Watch

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 8:50 am

@bubsyplz
I'm sorry, but unless you have any ACTUAL suggestions that I could use for Lip's moveset, I would refrain from posting speculation. Lip is not confirmed for Crusade yet; this is a SUGGESTION topic.
Back to top Go down
Smashfan247
Level 2 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 5:05 pm

Please add Lip to Crusade!! I would be very happy and will continue on downloading your updates when she comes! I'll vote for Lip to Crusade 10/10 stars!!
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 12:56 am

Fun fact: I voted for Lip during the Smash Ballot, although I could have easily voted for Roy Elwood.
Good thing I did voted for Lip, though.
Back to top Go down
Azure_Raven
Level 4 CPU

Mr. Game & Watch

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 10:12 am

Updated with support list.

Also, a question directed to Smash King and Trinitroman: I placed your names in the support list, but I am not sure if you ever said that you supported Lip (hence the question marks). Could you clarify for me whether or not you support Lip (I apologize if I am being blunt)?
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 11:51 am

Yup, definitely support Lip. After all, that's also who I have voted for in the SM4SH Fighter Ballot.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 4:41 pm

Support
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 12:19 am

This little sympathetic fairy is one of my most favourite Nintendo characters ever. I support her entry to this game.

However, about Special Abilities, I have these ideas:

-Neutral Special: Panel Throw: Lip throws a puzzle piece against her opponent. The effects are different by the color:
-Red Panel: Makes 5% Damage.
-Blue Panel: Freezes opponent.
-Green Panel: Thunderbolts against opponents.
-Yellow Panel: Burns opponents.
-Purple Panel: Poisons opponents.
-Cyan Panel: Makes opponent sleep.
-Stone Panel: knocks opponents.

-Side Special: Damage Flower: Lip throws a flower-like shuriken against her opponents, making them a damage flower in the head.

-Up Special: Bee Wings: Lip uses her bee wings for fly, but for a limited time.

-Down Special: Rainbow Flash: Lip summons a storm of rainbow colored flashes against her opponents. She also recovers 25% health.

-Final Smash: Fairy Magic: Lip summons a gaint flower which makes Lip's opponents sleeping and wearing damage flowers in their heads. Later, the flower starts to shoot several panel pieces against her opponents, and finally, Lip throws against them trash blocks, knocking all the enemies!

What do you think? Comment, please.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 1:41 am

Only the Neutral Special you listed is good. Lip never had Bee Wings (and it wouldn't make sense for her to have that). Also, she never throws flower shurikens or summons rainbows.

And don't get me started on your Final Smash. It's so awful, I cannot even put it to words anymore.
Seriously, Pakeli already had the almost perfect moveset for Lip.
I would only expand on the idea of the Final Smash playing like Panel de Pon by literally turning it into a round of Panel de Pon: Create as many chains as possible to crush your enemies with a garbage block. The more chains you do, the bigger and more damaging the garbage block is going to be.
Oh, and the pops the panel cause during the chains hurt as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion   Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Lip (Panel De Pon) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next